• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito

Banned
I hope they got Iwasaki on this one too. Soul Eater universe anime just wouldn't be the same without his sound. And not reusing the old stuff either.

Well the staff credits are known, Asami Tachibana and Yuuki Hayashi are listed for handling music.

Westlo

Ah lol

Fuck yeah.

I hope they got Iwasaki on this one too. Soul Eater universe anime just wouldn't be the same without his sound. And not reusing the old stuff either.

Even though the first PV had all Iwasaki music from SE playing throughout he's not back. Instead we got Hayashi da gawd fresh off Gundam Build Fighters (Flamenco intensifies) and Asami Tachibana who is also doing Haikyuu!! this Spring Season.

They were two of the three composers who worked together on the anime score for Robotic;Notes. Though that ost was pretty average overall (though I only really skimmed through it), Hayashi da gawd had the best track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ5IfryrCVs

Iwasaki's busy with Mahouka this season anyway and who knows, he still might be involved with Jojo, than again he bitched them out over the use of his Part 2 score and they might try and have a different composer for each part of the manga.

TLDR Iwasaki busy, it's in good hands.

Ranking Cures feels like a problem when Nagisa and Mana are on the opposite spectrum of the poll, because there's a strange sense of hypocrisy with it.

And I did the poll 4 times.

wonzo

Banned
Wooser S2 9-10

woosers29.jpg

Now never forget, if you end up killing someone in Japan it's always best to bury the body under a Cherry Blossom Tree. Thanks for the pro as fuck lifehack Wooser!

Pupipo 11-12

pupipo11.jpg

Some legit great scenery shots and layouts in these two episodes. A shame most people ITT will never see them. ;-;

Tonari no Seki-kun 9-10

If only Goto knew Seki was a cute cactus plushy murderer. :(

cnet128

Banned

I can make my OWN Precure rankings just fine, thanks.

But I'm waiting until I've caught up.

You have no idea how many rankings I am going to post once I am caught up on Precure. It will be a glorious day.

today's bullshit light novel premise I came up with is called "The Devil Is My Younger Sister" and involves a hapless everyman hero who accidentally brings the devil into existence as his younger sister (reality warps around them so he's now always had a younger sister, but since his memories are retained he's got to get used to it! What wacky hijinks await!). This is because the only way to summon demons into reality in this story is limited by your imagination, therefore, unable to truly imagine a grim pitiless future of eternal warfare, he shoves lucifer into a school romcom instead. grim pitiless demon war catches up to them eventually.

rated ma15+, partial nudity, sexual themes, large amounts of violence. 7 volumes, anime at the 3rd volume

I feel vaguely ashamed that I would actually like to see this...

it's a crappy show shat out by bones but takes a hard swing around episode 18 because it's run out of source material to adapt.

...on the other hand, maybe not.

I can make my OWN Precure rankings just fine, thanks.

But I'm waiting until I've caught up.

You have no idea how many rankings I am going to post once I am caught up on Precure. It will be a glorious day.

Good idea, considering there's a character spoiler for the next season in it.

Despite doing this 4 times, I've mostly solidified the ranking as far as I'm concerned. Debating on doing it one last time to filter Non-active characters to the bottom.

cnet128

Banned
So digging around Google Play I ran across this:

https://play.google.com/store/movies/details/Tonari_No_Kashiwagi_San?id=-E3erFmAaEs

I went 'Hey..whats this? An anime movie of a manga I've been reading?' Though in reality it seems to be a motion comic. It has me wondering whether there are many manga motion comics. I thought the motion comic thing had died.

http://manga25.com/contents/category/catalog/

This "Manga 2.5" initiative seems to be the culprit. Apparently they also just launched a partnership with Crunchyroll. Two of their series (SoreMachi and HadiGirl) are up there so far.

Jintor

I'm honestly considering cataloguing all this random shitty light novel crap I come up with and working on a few of them and seeing where that takes me.

My main problem is that I keep coming up with settings instead of stories and it's bugging the crap out of me.

Theonik

I did specify Illuminati. Although that might have been a mistake. I've said too much.
RIP.

KyoAni just "Please understand"ed me.

Thanks Zeroshiki.
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I never understood the whole cosmonaut enthusiast joke.
Yuri Gagarin

I'm suddenly remembering a whole bunch of Touhou art.
I'm remembering one specific doujin which I also think is what Hito had in mind.

One day NeoGAF, Steam, Twitter, and Crunchyroll will all be down at the same time. Then AnimeGAF will really be dead.
There is still IRC. And if all else fails we will switch to RFC 2549. AnimeGAF never die.

There'll always be SadPanda.
That too.

Clannad 1

The heck is with the opening scene? Nobody would talk like that, ever.

KEY humor can be so anime it hurts, sometimes. So, his friend's plan could only result in him either getting beat up by a girl, or proving she's a fake... by punching her in the face. How is this guy not already a Darwin award winner?

The part with Nagisa's family was much better than the rest. And KyoAni production value, etc., despite the awful character design.

Nagisa's family is one of the highlights of the entire show. Her father especially.

Anyways, you have started what I call the high-school romance anime to end all high-school romance anime. You're in for a treat.

today's bullshit light novel premise I came up with is called "The Devil Is My Younger Sister" and involves a hapless everyman hero who accidentally brings the devil into existence as his younger sister (reality warps around them so he's now always had a younger sister, but since his memories are retained he's got to get used to it! What wacky hijinks await!). This is because the only way to summon demons into reality in this story is limited by your imagination, therefore, unable to truly imagine a grim pitiless future of eternal warfare, he shoves lucifer into a school romcom instead. grim pitiless demon war catches up to them eventually.

rated ma15+, partial nudity, sexual themes, large amounts of violence. 7 volumes, anime at the 3rd volume, it's a crappy show shat out by bones but takes a hard swing around episode 18 because it's run out of source material to adapt.

I'd watch this. Do you have a Kickstarter page to begin funding this?

Need some urgent help regarding a Amazon Japan order please!

Just received an email update stating my package has been cancelled due to my address being in double bite characters. The package is already literally one town over now according to DHL, and should be delivered sometime today.

What do I need to do to change to single bite characters on my Amazon Japan page? I have a preorder that should be shipping next week and I do not want another scare like this. Thanks!

Minor Cowboy Bebop update: Watched 8,9 and 10, only have this to say: Radical Edward is an insane person. Episodes were great.

The only sad thing about edward is really, Ed's just sort of along for the ride in most of the series. Only the ones that directly focus on the character have her do anything at all relevant to the plot.

The only sad thing about edward is really, Ed's just sort of along for the ride in most of the series. Only the ones that directly focus on the character have her do anything at all relevant to the plot.

Her only character trait seems to be insanity, so I'm guessing that's how it's going to stay for the entirity of it. I like her but she's kind of a waste of a character if she stays like this.

Tenumi

Banned
Engaged to the Unidentified: 1, 2

This is cute, yet also somewhat deep. I like that. Come for the characters, stay for the plot.

Funny enough (or not), there is already a manga series that involves getting the daughter of a demon king as your new younger sister.

It's less interesting than your's though.

Samurai Flamenco - 16

Girls, can't you save
the emotional bonding for AFTER Mari cleans herself up from her shiny blue radioactive vomit? Please?

The
yuri
in this episode aside, this was a really nice episode, and I liked how things came full circle when
the hobo helped out Masayoshi and telling his story about how Samurai Flamenco saved him. So touching. I also enjoyed how they didn't break Masayoshi's character by having him not steal the bread.

Anyways, while I did like this episode I can't help but ask, WHERE ARE YOU MISTER JUSTICE?!?

Funny enough (or not), there is already a manga series that involves getting the daughter of a demon king as your new younger sister.

It's less interesting than your's though.

Also, Yuushibu is almost this anyhow. Except instead of younger sister, she's a you new coworker. That show up as great.

Articalys

https://twitter.com/GKIDSfilms/status/443784233622851585

It was pretty clear by earlier comments from the official @ghibli_intl account it was going to get some kind of English release, but it's nice to see it announced that GKIDS will be handling the North American release of The Tale of The Princess Kaguya. Hoping it'll show up in a theater near me...

edit: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-...incess-kaguya-for-u-s-distribution-97230.html
The film will be released in the U.S. this fall and will be submitted for Oscar qualification.

Articalys

I would take the Precure rankings survey, but I don't think I know enough about half the character for it to be a fair assessment. Would probably end up with everything Heartcatch at the top anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom