• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Magic Knight Rayearth 11

That was a pretty convoluted plan Ferio came up with, but it worked I guess. All about knowing your enemy's weakness. In this case it's cash.

Also kinda random how he just confessed his love for Fuu. Like "Also, I've fallen in love with you". I guess if that's how you wanna play it....Bad taste though. Fuu is the worst of the three.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Seki-kun 10

I dunno, I guess I didn't care for this episode too much. Less emphasis on Seki/Rumi and more on "LOL MISUNDERSTANDINGS" new girl. Meh.

Wooser S2 10

This week it's Danganronpa's turn to be shilled! Also, I lost my shit at the cherry blossom part.

Articalys

I just realized that along with the new season coming up it'll be April Fool's Day, which means there should be a good round of jokes from all the different companies. I still remember last year when âge did a whole bunch of Muv-Luv-related parodies of other series.

Syrinx

Magic Knight Rayearth 12

Ascot heel-face turn, huh? Not that hard to see coming, but the kid bugged the shit outta me. Was kinda hoping to see his head explode or something. Of course he does this because of Umi, making up for her earlier blunder and saving everybody and being badass cause that just seems to be her thing.

Wonder what Caldina's deal with Ascot is, and why she takes such an interest in him.

I just realized that along with the new season coming up it'll be April Fool's Day, which means there should be a good round of jokes from all the different companies. I still remember last year when âge did a whole bunch of Muv-Luv-related parodies of other series.
I always like looking at fake anime charts to see what (if anything) is actually made or announced within the year.
BGs5PDwCEAAD41G.jpg:large
The most surprising of course being more Mushishi, thank you based someone.

Link Man

Banned
So yeah, since I watched Tutu on Hulu, I had no idea there were bloopers for the English dub until someone in here mentioned them. Just watched them, and they were hilarious.

Gazoinks

So yeah, since I watched Tutu on Hulu, I had no idea there were bloopers for the English dub until someone in here mentioned them. Just watched them, and they were hilarious.

Anime dub bloopers are often pretty great. The Berserk ones are amazing. The FMA ones are also pretty fun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A note on Nozomi getting into the Blu-ray business. The position is not available anymore, but there was a job listing from a few weeks ago for Right Stuf that mentioned the need to be able to author DVD and Blu-ray discs.

Shawne Kleckner, Right Stuf's President, publicly stated on a Reddit AMA that The Irresponsible Captain Tylor would be his top choice if Nozomi started to release Blu-rays. http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/commen...l830?context=3

Huh, well, I'm glad they changed their stance. But really, all the stuff that I want a BD of they probably would take a bath on. And I'm sure their warehouse full of ADV releases tells them not to take any stupid risks on BD releases.

Articalys

Anime dub bloopers are often pretty great. The Berserk ones are amazing. The FMA ones are also pretty fun.
The best dub outtake I've heard of involves Yuri Lowenthal, Crispin Freeman, and a joke with a three-and-a-half-year setup across bloopers from Noein and Durarara.

cajunator

Banned

Yeah outtakes are rare but anime ones are the best.
Berserk is the king but Midori Days has some great ones.

Gazoinks

Clannad After Story 17

Timeskip! Tomoya getting really cold and depressing, starting to act like his dad. But there is still hope! The relationship between Tomoya and Ushio is pretty well drawn so far, and Ushio is pretty kawaii. Go go Tomoya deal with your grief and repair your crappy relationship with your daughter.

At least the unfitting ED was used a bit cleverly at the end of this episode!

Zeppeli

Banned
Wow! Just finished Attack on Titan, I can say for sure that it's
the worst anime I have ever had the displeasure of finishing. I kept on to the shitty ride of predictable "twists", the 5 to 7 minutes of recap per fucking episode, all in the hope that we'd get some sort of resolution in the end. Nope! Everything goes unsolved and we never find out what's in Eren's basement, who the armoured titan and the 100ft titan were, etc. And the fact that it ends with a character screaming "we're going to launch an ATTACK ON TITAN™" just pisses me off even more. Just... Wow. Why this show is so popular among the masses I will never understand. I'm baffled.

Jintor

today's bullshit light novel premise I came up with is called "The Devil Is My Younger Sister" and involves a hapless everyman hero who accidentally brings the devil into existence as his younger sister (reality warps around them so he's now always had a younger sister, but since his memories are retained he's got to get used to it! What wacky hijinks await!). This is because the only way to summon demons into reality in this story is limited by your imagination, therefore, unable to truly imagine a grim pitiless future of eternal warfare, he shoves lucifer into a school romcom instead. grim pitiless demon war catches up to them eventually.

rated ma15+, partial nudity, sexual themes, large amounts of violence. 7 volumes, anime at the 3rd volume, it's a crappy show shat out by bones but takes a hard swing around episode 18 because it's run out of source material to adapt.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Title isn't long enough.

How about: "I Accidentally Manifested A Younger Sister Using Esper Powers BUT She Turned Out To Be The Devil"?

How much is the PC version going to be able to fix the major issues people have so far?

Zero. PC version will have higher fr and reso. Have you seen the comparisons. Colours are different, geometry is missing, textures are missing, lighting system is entirely different its very sad.

Articalys

Zero. PC version will have higher fr and reso. Have you seen the comparisons. Colours are different, geometry is missing, textures are missing, lighting system is entirely different its very sad.
I honestly wasn't following it too closely, but taking another look through the thread again I see what you mean.
Not something I was probably ever going to end up playing anyway, but my sympathies to those who were looking forward to it for so long.

Branduil

Clannad 1

The heck is with the opening scene? Nobody would talk like that, ever.

KEY humor can be so anime it hurts, sometimes. So, his friend's plan could only result in him either getting beat up by a girl, or proving she's a fake... by punching her in the face. How is this guy not already a Darwin award winner?

The part with Nagisa's family was much better than the rest. And KyoAni production value, etc., despite the awful character design.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 1

If Koji Kabuto is the forebear of the race of mecha protagonists, and Amuro the father of Real Robot Protagonists in particular, and if Domon Kasshu is the sire of Reiji, Kamina and Kallen Kozuki, then without a doubt Chirico Cuvie is Sousuke Sagara, Heero Yuy, and Setsuna F. Seiei's legendary sire. AND WHAT A GRANDPAPPY HE IS!! GOT. DAYUM. All the wasted, empty, pointless years I spent not knowing about this show. All that time I spent trudging through crummy F-List Gundam and watching horrible CGI mecha move across the screen like freakishly reanimated corpses.

GOT.

DAYUM.

I mean 24 minutes and he just did not stop being amazing even once. AND THIS IS JUST THE FIRST EPISODE.

it's a good show. chirico too damn good.

Thoraxes

Clannad After Story 17

Timeskip! Tomoya getting really cold and depressing, starting to act like his dad. But there is still hope! The relationship between Tomoya and Ushio is pretty well drawn so far, and Ushio is pretty kawaii. Go go Tomoya deal with your grief and repair your crappy relationship with your daughter.

All I can do at this point is smile and continue to see how you progress through the show. :D

Clannad 1

The heck is with the opening scene? Nobody would talk like that, ever.

KEY humor can be so anime it hurts, sometimes. So, his friend's plan could only result in him either getting beat up by a girl, or proving she's a fake... by punching her in the face. How is this guy not already a Darwin award winner?

The part with Nagisa's family was much better than the rest. And KyoAni production value, etc., despite the awful character design.

Well.... you're trying... I guess.

I hope you can open up to it a bit more as you go along. :)

Clannad After Story 17

Only episode where the ED isn't totally unfitting.

Toradora is getting rereleased by NISA on BLU-RAY! With a English dub included!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ica-offers-toradora-blu-rays-with-english-dub

Wow.

Going back to their old licenses to re-release is cool ...

And then i remembered that NISA double lock their blu-ray now and now i'm still bitter

Oh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom