• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this just a night for bad recommendations?

PshycoNinja is recommending (Well, more like challenging, but still!) people to watch Clannad + After Story. Which are both legit good and probably the only KyoAni show that I sat down and watched all the way through to date. The next one will probably be FMP Fumoffu + Second Raid when I get to it.

So no, there are some good shows being recommended tonight too!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Is this just a night for bad recommendations?
I'm tired and tried to come up with a show involving romantic entanglements that leave the viewer feeling like shit!

Video Girl Ai is actually decent, though. I'm sure I know of others but they're slow in coming.

zeroshiki

Does Kadokawa have an email?

Hrrmm....

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/help/

Apparently you can only call them or send them snail mail o_O

TEL:049-259-1100
FAX:049-259-1199
あて先:KADOKAWA 読者係
所在地:〒354-0041 埼玉県入間郡三芳町藤久保550-1

CorvoSol

I'm tired and tried to come up with a show involving romantic entanglements that leave the viewer feeling like shit!

No no no. Romantic entanglements don't actually involve ropes. That's
kidnapping and rape.
Which most people, though admittedly
not the protagonist of Kuttsu
do not find very romantic at all.

Scrapped Princess!

Ive only been called a pedophile for my avatar. Nothing too bad really.

I will get to it one day I promise. Send me a PM of the name of the show so I don't forget.

PshycoNinja is recommending (Well, more like challenging, but still!) people to watch Clannad + After Story. Which are both legit good and probably the only KyoAni show that I sat down and watched all the way through to date. The next one will probably be FMP Fumoffu + Second Raid when I get to it.

So no, there are some good shows being recommended tonight too!

:D

From the New World 1

First two minutes were awesome WTF moments. Followed by 13 minutes of confusion. Realizing that the show wants you to suspend your disbelief real fast I went along with it. It just kind of throws everything at you in the first episode and hopes you can keep up. Hopefully they will take a breath to explain exactly what the deuce is going on but it's fascinating so far and has a unique art style.

So I started to settle into it and I think I get the gist of what's going on. Lots of blank spots and exposition that needs to happen though.

----------------

Clannad Challenge is still open to those who want to get in on it.

Mature

From the New World 1

First two minutes were awesome WTF moments. Followed by 13 minutes of confusion. Realizing that the show wants you to suspend your belief real fast I went along with it. It just kind of throws everything at you in the first episode and hopes you can keep up. Hopefully they will take a breath to explain exactly what the deuce is going on but it's fascinating so far and has a unique art style.

So I started to settle into it and I think I get the gist of what's going on. Lots of blank spots and exposition that needs to happen though.
First few episodes have a lot of setup, but still remain intriguing.

Fresh Precure 30
itA73qKXLFIuT.jpg
In which a standard catching net becomes a STEREOTYPICAL MEXICAN BANDITO. This show goes in awful, wonderful places sometimes.

RYsdpWi.jpg
Zpw9N6G.jpg

Yusibu OVA

Imouto is adorable.

Definitely nailed down her "onii-chan" line.

Nice to hear Fino's laugh and Lam complaining about her name again.

Props to Elsa for admitting she loves Raul. Sucks he just had to be an idiot at that exact moment.

There is a yusibu Oav ? i didn't know that

**add to animebacklog ***

cajunator

Banned
Admittedly, no. Though I don't think I've seen one in a while.

Also, I just switched to this Chitanda avatar today, so Theonik should be glad he had something more substantial to work with, since my old 5cm one wasn't much.

its a cute avatar. I likes it.

I've never been mocked for having an anime avatar, or any avatar in general. But with that being said, I rarely post outside of AnimeGAF anyway.

I have indeed been mocked. Just dont give a damn.

Have you watched any of these:

Haibane Renmei
The Vision of Escaflowne
From the New World
Infinite Ryvius
Dennou Coil
Fate/Zero
Birdy the Mighty Decode

any of these is a marvelous choice.

You mean you've been talking up Angel Beats all this time and you haven't even seen Haibane Renmei?

Hmm...that is problematic indeed.

cajunator

Banned
Alright. I will start on one of those tonight. I hope you do the same. :)

Haibane Renmei. The best anime series.

For my next anime I feel like having an absolutely heartwrenching overly complex love web.

Make me feel like absolute shit. Maybe I'll ask MangaGAF for some suggestions too.

Rumbling Hearts.

I'm going to start Blood-C soon. From what I vaguely remember from general impressions, I should prepare my anus for a wild ride.

*Prepares Anus*

Yes. Prepare your anus. BloodC goes in dry.

Ku...I don't remember the full title

This was one of the weirder ones I've watched. Mostly just uncomfortable though.

Sakura trick makes me feel more worse then this. Not shitty, but definitely worse.

From the New World 2

Okay I am lost. Hope the show does a better job of explaining what's going on in the next few episodes.

I mean who is Reiko? Why should I care that he
disappeared
?

More importantly where are they and what is going on?

Soooo lost...

New Soul Eater Not! visual.

This is not the Soul Eater you are looking for.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I dunno about AnimeGAF, but I get a laugh out of every FFXV avatar I see, because people who have them are either bandwagoning PS4 fans, or dedicated Versus fanboys who have had some variant of them or other for 8 years now! I don't know which is sadder. Hahahaha.

I love this post. So much.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
For my next anime I feel like having an absolutely heartwrenching overly complex love web.

Make me feel like absolute shit. Maybe I'll ask MangaGAF for some suggestions too.

Aside from Aku no Hana, Yami to Boshi or Kannazuki no Miko will do the trick.

CorvoSol

Read more doujins then.

Tell you what. You find me a doujin that fetishizes this exact thing, and not only will I read and review that doujin in here, I will gladly watch whatever show you name, regardless of quality, change my avatar to something appropriate from said doujin, and maybe even petition for that to be my tag as the enduring sign of my shame.

Because even if you can do it, I'll be amazed.

And for the sake of impartiality and fairness, the active fetishization of said point will be judged by a panel consisting of Hitokage, Branduil and Narag.

Tell you what. You find me a doujin that fetishizes this exact thing, and not only will I read and review that doujin in here, I will gladly watch whatever show you name, regardless of quality, change my avatar to something appropriate from said doujin, and maybe even petition for that to be my tag as the enduring sign of my shame.

And for the sake of impartiality and fairness, the active fetishization of said point will be judged by a panel consisting of Hitokage, Branduil and Narag.
I could almost believe AnimeGAF Fetish Panel 2014.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

You mean you've never heard of Teleplay? Step your game up.

Hunter x Hunter - 120

"I planned better than you , it was gamble but i won."

"i might look like i lost but i fact i'm winning "

Since when were you under the impression that i was there ?

In short : great episode as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom