• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just ranked Rin as equal to Shiny Luminous. I don't know you, never knew you, and deny all knowledge of your existence.

Well, when it constantly wants me to compare it to other characters, it's kind of hard to actually like Rin more than other characters. I can't really give her much of a prop outside of "Hey, she helped Karen become a better person than her".

More like Pop?

Somewhat. More like
Hidden identity for too damn long

Gazoinks

Clannad 1

The heck is with the opening scene? Nobody would talk like that, ever.

KEY humor can be so anime it hurts, sometimes. So, his friend's plan could only result in him either getting beat up by a girl, or proving she's a fake... by punching her in the face. How is this guy not already a Darwin award winner?

The part with Nagisa's family was much better than the rest. And KyoAni production value, etc., despite the awful character design.

Nagisa's family is god-tier. Most of Clannad I found pretty tedious and boring. I liked the Fuuko arc (although I seem to be in the minority) and I liked the last arc, the middle is kind of a wasteland. But it's necessary set-up for After Story, which is considerably better so far so hang in there I guess. :p

Anyways, while I did like this episode I can't help but ask, WHERE ARE YOU MISTER JUSTICE?!?

Hee hee hee.

Pani Poni Dash! 19

P0ikSmf.jpg

Human robot vs tanuki in disguise. Fight of the year.

The alien sickness spreads. Everybody gets blamed. Good thing Becky actually saves the day this time.
Or did she? Dun dun dun!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
https://twitter.com/GKIDSfilms/status/443784233622851585

It was pretty clear by earlier comments from the official @ghibli_intl account it was going to get some kind of English release, but it's nice to see it announced that GKIDS will be handling the North American release of The Tale of The Princess Kaguya. Hoping it'll show up in a theater near me...

edit: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-...incess-kaguya-for-u-s-distribution-97230.html
Good news, will definitely watch, assuming one of my local theaters picks it up

CorvoSol

Samurai Flamenco - 16

Girls, can't you save
the emotional bonding for AFTER Mari cleans herself up from her shiny blue radioactive vomit? Please?

The
yuri
in this episode aside, this was a really nice episode, and I liked how things came full circle when
the hobo helped out Masayoshi and telling his story about how Samurai Flamenco saved him. So touching. I also enjoyed how they didn't break Masayoshi's character by having him not steal the bread.

Anyways, while I did like this episode I can't help but ask, WHERE ARE YOU MISTER JUSTICE?!?

I think one of the best things about Samurai Flamenco are the moments where it somehow goes lucid, appears to regain its sanity, and pulls off touching character moments right before diving into the thick of it again. Like, I really enjoyed it in episode 7 when all of this began because for a solid minute you think it is going to end and Masayoshi is having this really serious moment with Goto and then the madness kicks in. Balancing these two is something I really enjoy about the show.

My greatest shame in AnimeGAF will always be that I ever dropped this show.

Good God what is up with their ties? Pull down on that narrow end!

I keep trying to figure out what's wrong with their faces, but I can't.

cnet128

Banned
Well, when it constantly wants me to compare it to other characters, it's kind of hard to actually like Rin more than other characters. I can't really give her much of a prop outside of "Hey, she helped Karen become a better person than her".

When I make my Cure rankings, you can be sure Rin will be higher than a hell of a lot of people. Including Karen, who will be the lowest-ranked Cure from Yes.

(Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that the Suite spoiler you keep dancing around is probably covered by the one piece of information I actually know about that show, which is that
it contains the youngest Cure in the history of the franchise
. Perhaps non-coincidentally, this is also the reason I'm kind of looking forward to Suite on some level despite everybody saying it sucks.)

When I make my Cure rankings, you can be sure Rin will be higher than a hell of a lot of people. Including Karen, who will be the lowest-ranked Cure from Yes.

(Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that the Suite spoiler you keep dancing around is probably covered by the one piece of information I actually know about that show, which is that
it contains the youngest Cure in the history of the franchise
. Perhaps non-coincidentally, this is also the reason I'm kind of looking forward to Suite on some level despite everybody saying it sucks.)

....fuck

....well a lot of flak from it contrives from "It's not Heartcatch" but there are some legit issues. Namely, a massive fuck up on character introductions. One of the absolute worst ways to bring in a character.

But really... I couldn't actually find a reason to rank Rin higher than she is right now compared to everyone else.

I'm honestly considering cataloguing all this random shitty light novel crap I come up with and working on a few of them and seeing where that takes me.

My main problem is that I keep coming up with settings instead of stories and it's bugging the crap out of me.

Settings come before stories. That's how I do my writing at least.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Behold my hilariously uninformed list.

1 Megumi Aino/Cure Lovely
2 Nagisa Misumi/Cure Black
3 Hime Shirayuki/Cure Princess
3 Honoka Yukishiro/Cure White
5 Tsubomi Hanasaki/Cure Blossom
6 Dark Cure
7 Erika Kurumi/Cure Marine
8 Yuko Omori/Cure Honey
8 Miyuki Hoshizora/Cure Happy
10 Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight
10 Akane Hino/Cure Sunny
12 Iona Hikawa/Cure Fortune
13 Itsuki Myoudouin/Cure Sunshine
14 Bad End Pretty Cure
14 Kaoruko Hanasaki/Cure Flower
14 Hibiki Hojo/Cure Melody
17 Nao Midorikawa/Cure March
17 Dark Pretty Cure 5
17 Reika Aoki/Cure Beauty
17 Love Momozono/Cure Peach
21 Mai Mishou/Cure Egret/Cure Windy
22 Kanade Minamino/Cure Rhythm
22 Inori Yamabuki/Cure Pine
22 Karen Minazuki/Cure Aqua
22 Alice Yotsuba/Cure Rosetta
22 Yayoi Kise/Cure Peace
22 Mirage Pretty Cure
22 Ellen Kurokawa/Cure Beat
22 Nozomi Yumehara/Cure Dream
22 Saki Hyuuga/Cure Bloom/Cure Bright
22 Aguri Madoka/Cure Ace
22 Kaoru Kiryuu/Cure Windy
22 Makoto Kenzaki/Cure Sword
22 Ayumi Sakagami/Cure Echo
22 Miki Aono/Cure Berry
22 Rikka Hishikawa/Cure Diamond
22 Setsuna Higashi/Cure Passion
22 Komachi Akimoto/Cure Mint
22 Rin Natsuki/Cure Rouge
22 Milk/Kurumi Mimino/Milky Rose
22 Urara Kasugano/Cure Lemonade
22 Michiru Kiryuu/Cure Bright
22 Ako Shirabe/Cure Muse
44 Mana Aida/Cure Heart
44 Hikari Kujou/Shiny Luminous

I think I confused Cure Peach with Cure Peace a lot along the way.

Midonin

I just realized we're going to be getting news of the CR/Funimation simulcasts in the next two or so weeks, right? How time flies.
My favorite time of year, simulcast announcement season. (Even if these days it's "just about everything but the kids' shows.")

Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha. 09

That love letter's having some harsh repercussions. From the way everyone reacted, it's clear the group dynamic has undergone some changes over the course of the series, with even Maru taking a stand for herself now. I knew something like this was going to happen for the finale, but I've come to like these characters, so... come on, Inari, you can do this.

Jex

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 1

If Koji Kabuto is the forebear of the race of mecha protagonists, and Amuro the father of Real Robot Protagonists in particular, and if Domon Kasshu is the sire of Reiji, Kamina and Kallen Kozuki, then without a doubt Chirico Cuvie is Sousuke Sagara, Heero Yuy, and Setsuna F. Seiei's legendary sire. AND WHAT A GRANDPAPPY HE IS!! GOT. DAYUM. All the wasted, empty, pointless years I spent not knowing about this show. All that time I spent trudging through crummy F-List Gundam and watching horrible CGI mecha move across the screen like freakishly reanimated corpses.

GOT.

DAYUM.

I mean 24 minutes and he just did not stop being amazing even once. AND THIS IS JUST THE FIRST EPISODE.

Chirico Cuvie a.k.a Rambo, just chilling out:

vot.jpg

Remember, you have to watch every next episode preview. Don't miss any! Best narrator ever.

santeesioux

My favorite time of year, simulcast announcement season. (Even if these days it's "just about everything but the kids' shows.")

I find it to be pretty exciting as well, although i would rather CR got everything since i can only afford one subscription, lol.

Why is every girl in Sword Art Online waiting in bed naked? Did Kirito-kun become such a fucking badass he can clone himself so he can satisfy all the ladies?

xjmUUue.png

the things I must do for myyyyyyy country

Nagisa's family is god-tier. Most of Clannad I found pretty tedious and boring. I liked the Fuuko arc (although I seem to be in the minority) and I liked the last arc, the middle is kind of a wasteland. But it's necessary set-up for After Story, which is considerably better so far so hang in there I guess. :p

The Fuuko arc is one of my favourite arcs in the first Clannad. It's just too bad what they do with it afterwards.

I think one of the best things about Samurai Flamenco are the moments where it somehow goes lucid, appears to regain its sanity, and pulls off touching character moments right before diving into the thick of it again. Like, I really enjoyed it in episode 7 when all of this began because for a solid minute you think it is going to end and Masayoshi is having this really serious moment with Goto and then the madness kicks in. Balancing these two is something I really enjoy about the show.

I feel like this chart describes Samurai Flamenco perfectly.

GvPojty.png

Just ignore SRs 2 and 4, and replace "Quirky Crime Sandbox" with "Realistic Superhero Anime" and SR3 with Samurai Flamenco.

I just realized we're going to be getting news of the CR/Funimation simulcasts in the next two or so weeks, right? How time flies.
If MEKAKU CITY ACTORS, Mahouka, and Haikyuu!! arent streamed and picked up for license, heads are gonna roll. Please tell me mekaku has a chance of being picked up.

Isnt the first con in the weekend after this weekend?

Wizard Barristers 4

The plot is coming out to the front more, and pushing the legal system behind to show that bad people just want a 17 year old girl. How deep this runs shows that the world is crooked in order to obtain ass that is almost legal, but is still jailbait.

Cecil is pretty much pulling magic out the wazoo and is shown that... she's needed for something, but who is involved in the grand scheme of things is like... what is their obsession with her besides the magic?

If MEKAKU CITY ACTORS, Mahouka, and Haikyuu!! arent streamed and picked up for license, heads are gonna roll. Please tell me mekaku has a chance of being picked up.

Isnt the first con in the weekend after this weekend?

I think the next 'big' con is Anime Boston on 3/21-3/23.

The next big one I can think of is Sakura-Con in mid April but I guess announcements can still be made in one of the smaller cons

I think the con I have the most interest in about hearing news from is AnimeJapan, which is happening on 3/22-3/23 since it's another big con happening in Tokyo.

SDR2 announcement!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Without any context given to that picture all I can say is that is still female Kirito. COme give a name or something, even if she is literally nameless girl from the background of episode 7.

Midonin

Maken-Ki! Two 09

Stealth :SDBurton episode. As already proven with Tsumugi this season, the best traps are reverse traps. Azuki's already been a bit heavy on the tomboy side, so it made sense for the events that transpired this episode. So much yuri vibes going around. S2 has basically been a collection of side stories, but it was never at a loss for giving people something to talk about.

I'm still waiting on those Golden Time last novel spoilers :'''(

Only info I've gotten so far is that
the illustrations seem to show that they do end up together.

Until I know more I might just not watch it these next 2-3 weeks so I can watch em all at one time.

Gazoinks

I'm still waiting on those Golden Time last novel spoilers :'''(

Only info I've gotten so far is that
the illustrations seem to show that they do end up together.

Until I know more I might just not watch it these next 2-3 weeks so I can watch em all at one time.

Koko gets amnesia and has a ghost who gets together with Ghost Banri. Everyone lives happily ever after except Mitsuo who gets kidnapped when Chinami breaks due to Koko's abuse, kidnaps him, takes him to France, and harvests his organs.

Koko gets amnesia and has a ghost who gets together with Ghost Banri. Everyone lives happily ever after except Mitsuo who gets kidnapped when Chinami breaks due to Koko's abuse, kidnaps him, takes him to France, and harvests his organs.

So somebody goes koko for cocoa puffs, and it ain't koko.

Hunter x Hunter 120

I WANT MY GON FIGHT ALREADY. I officially don't care about anybody else, besides the fight of the king. Just give me those two fights already.

cajunator

Banned

Its oki I still loves you

Don't laugh! :lol

And yeah, the full ED is pretty much that. I've been replaying the hell outta that song for awhile now. Can't get enough of it!

Ive listened to it a few times this morning already.

Minor Cowboy Bebop update: Watched 8,9 and 10, only have this to say: Radical Edward is an insane person. Episodes were great.

Yep. Ed da best.

Wasn't this supposed to have yuri? :D

Everything now has yuri unless it has yaoi.

Ao Haru Ride anime page got updated: http://aoha-anime.com/character/ not sure if we had any nice pics of designs previewed

Shes like a slightly less cute Natsume.

Come for Mashiro, stay for Mashiro. And everything else. But mostly Mashiro.

Hnnnnnnnnnnggg

Princess Tutu 5

Duck really is revealing more of what she is to people. Talk about dropping the ball there eh?

OMG he's a person? Fuck this, I'm out! I want to see how they're justifying their doll fetish here. Also that one girl that demeans Duck sure is...something...

So many clicks here are my results as precure somelier.
Code:
[B]1	Erika Kurumi/Cure Marine
2	Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight
3	Mana Aida/Cure Heart
4	Karen Minazuki/Cure Aqua
4	Nagisa Misumi/Cure Black[/B]
6	Honoka Yukishiro/Cure White
7	Tsubomi Hanasaki/Cure Blossom
7	Yayoi Kise/Cure Peace
9	Mai Mishou/Cure Egret/Cure Windy
9	Kaoruko Hanasaki/Cure Flower
9	Itsuki Myoudouin/Cure Sunshine
9	Saki Hyuuga/Cure Bloom/Cure Bright
13	Alice Yotsuba/Cure Rosetta
14	Megumi Aino/Cure Lovely
15	Nao Midorikawa/Cure March
16	Kaoru Kiryuu/Cure Windy
17	Komachi Akimoto/Cure Mint
18	Dark Cure
18	Milk/Kurumi Mimino/Milky Rose
20	Hime Shirayuki/Cure Princess
21	Aguri Madoka/Cure Ace
22	Reika Aoki/Cure Beauty
23	Rikka Hishikawa/Cure Diamond
24	Dark Pretty Cure 5
25	Mirage Pretty Cure
25	Yuko Omori/Cure Honey
27	Nozomi Yumehara/Cure Dream
28	Love Momozono/Cure Peach
29	Ako Shirabe/Cure Muse
30	Ellen Kurokawa/Cure Beat
30	Miyuki Hoshizora/Cure Happy
32	Akane Hino/Cure Sunny
33	Michiru Kiryuu/Cure Bright
34	Makoto Kenzaki/Cure Sword
35	Setsuna Higashi/Cure Passion
36	Rin Natsuki/Cure Rouge
37	Kanade Minamino/Cure Rhythm
37	Inori Yamabuki/Cure Pine
39	Iona Hikawa/Cure Fortune
40	Bad End Pretty Cure
41	Ayumi Sakagami/Cure Echo
41	Miki Aono/Cure Berry
43	Hibiki Hojo/Cure Melody
44	Urara Kasugano/Cure Lemonade
44	Hikari Kujou/Shiny Luminous

This Top 5 is something i won't budge on.

Midonin

Witch Craft Works 10

So many factions and magical bombs and real bombs and alligators shaving off peoples' hair. It wasn't too hard to keep track of. Kazane's theory does make sense - powering up one's magic stats at the expense of physical stats can be detrimental... which is why Kagari can use a flying kick like that. She had to cut him off before he got to do it, but something about Honoka making a contract with the tree and fire magic. It's a two parter, so I trust most of this will be answered next time.

Samurai Flamenco - 17

And suddenly the Prime Minister
got a suit that turned into a golden spider with a fan on its back.

FLAMENCOOOOOOOOOO.

Wait what?
Mister Justice? N-No! WHY MISTER JUSTICE? WHYYY?!?

jkbk9GW.png

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Shh...no tears.

Just Flamenco now.

cnet128

Banned
So many clicks here are my results as precure somelier.
Code:
[B]1	Erika Kurumi/Cure Marine
2	Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight
3	Mana Aida/Cure Heart
4	Karen Minazuki/Cure Aqua
4	Nagisa Misumi/Cure Black[/B]
[snip]

This Top 5 is something i won't budge on.

Marine at the top is unquestionably accurate, and I approve of Nagisa's high position, but putting Karen that high is ridiculous. Also you placed Urara on a level with Luminous and that's awful.

Tokyo Ravens 22

My god Kon is so far and away the best character in this show in every conceivable way it isn't even remotely funny. Why does every episode not revolve around Kon. WHY.

cajunator

Banned
Also, Yuushibu is almost this anyhow. Except instead of younger sister, she's a you new coworker. That show up as great.

Yeah it really is. I hope blurays come out.

No. Suite's is a lot more.... something in comparison to this.

YzcjAnz.jpg

XXPjccK.jpg

I agree more with your ranking since my top 3 are in it. I dont know enough about Precure to judge any further.

Voiced by Miyukichi. Once again, fuck me.

I know. son of a bitch.

This show is so convoluted that this is an actual possibility.

Marine at the top is unquestionably accurate, and I approve of Nagisa's high position, but putting Karen that high is ridiculous. Also you placed Urara on a level with Luminous and that's awful.

Karen was the only character i didn't hate when yes ( aside from milky rose ) finished ... i might have been biased and she may be too high but such is the damage Yes! makes on you when you're watching one episode per week for 2 years.
On that aspect you guys that watched it all the way are fortunate , almost too fortunate.

Ps : Cure lemonade was horrible as a cure...NO presence and mostly useless....MOst horrible/disapointing yellow cure EVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom