• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm aware, my top ten and bottom rankers aren't changing no matter what I do, and that the middle ground is the real battle for rankings.

Hating Yes! 5s
that aren't Rin
smh

Pretty much mellowed out on many rankings. Very few get hate, more often sympathy for what led them there, like Muse.

cnet128

Banned
Karen was the only character i didn't hate when yes ( aside from milky rose ) finished ... i might have been biased and she may be too high but such is the damage Yes! makes on you when you're watching one episode per week for 2 years.
On that aspect you guys that watched it all the way are fortunate , almost too fortunate.

Ps : Cure lemonade was horrible as a cure...NO presence and mostly useless....MOst horrible/disapointing yellow cure EVER

Well, I can imagine how watching the Yes seasons continuously over two whole years could kill a man's mind. You poor thing, you must be so far gone that Karen and Urara got switched around in your head somehow.

Articalys

Okay, fine, I just ran the assessment despite not knowing anything really about a large majority of the characters, with a lot of "no opinion" answers, and got this:
1 Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight
2 Erika Kurumi/Cure Marine
3 Dark Cure
4 Nagisa Misumi/Cure Black
5 Tsubomi Hanasaki/Cure Blossom
6 Setsuna Higashi/Cure Passion
7 Itsuki Myoudouin/Cure Sunshine
8 Honoka Yukishiro/Cure White
8 Ayumi Sakagami/Cure Echo
8 Miki Aono/Cure Berry
8 Rikka Hishikawa/Cure Diamond
12 Mirage Pretty Cure
13 Hime Shirayuki/Cure Princess
14 Hibiki Hojo/Cure Melody
14 Megumi Aino/Cure Lovely
14 Yuko Omori/Cure Honey
14 Ellen Kurokawa/Cure Beat
14 Iona Hikawa/Cure Fortune
14 Urara Kasugano/Cure Lemonade
20 Nozomi Yumehara/Cure Dream
21 Bad End Pretty Cure
21 Mai Mishou/Cure Egret/Cure Windy
21 Nao Midorikawa/Cure March
21 Kaoruko Hanasaki/Cure Flower
21 Kanade Minamino/Cure Rhythm
21 Inori Yamabuki/Cure Pine
21 Karen Minazuki/Cure Aqua
21 Alice Yotsuba/Cure Rosetta
21 Yayoi Kise/Cure Peace
21 Dark Pretty Cure 5
21 Reika Aoki/Cure Beauty
21 Love Momozono/Cure Peach
21 Aguri Madoka/Cure Ace
21 Kaoru Kiryuu/Cure Windy
21 Makoto Kenzaki/Cure Sword
21 Komachi Akimoto/Cure Mint
21 Akane Hino/Cure Sunny
21 Rin Natsuki/Cure Rouge
21 Milk/Kurumi Mimino/Milky Rose
21 Michiru Kiryuu/Cure Bright
21 Ako Shirabe/Cure Muse
21 Mana Aida/Cure Heart
21 Hikari Kujou/Shiny Luminous
44 Miyuki Hoshizora/Cure Happy
44 Saki Hyuuga/Cure Bloom/Cure Bright

Inari Kon Kon Koi Iroha 9

Like what the manga version did more. Some things seem a bit rushed in this ep. Things didn't go as dark here either. And next week is already the season finale? NOOOOOO.

Not-Nagisa weeps

Princess Tutu 6

Suddenly this became more interesting, like... more points for Team Rue/Fuckir with this revelation? Or was it just this piece? I'm staking more on something actually being interesting to twist this whole story around.

Although... as I'm watching this, I'm rather surprised that someone told me to watched this back in that one Oreimo thread.

Not-Nagisa weeps

Princess Tutu 6

Suddenly this became more interesting, like... more points for Team Rue/Fuckir with this revelation? Or was it just this piece? I'm staking more on something actually being interesting to twist this whole story around.

Although... as I'm watching this, I'm rather surprised that someone told me to watched this back in that one Oreimo thread.

I have no clue what Oreimo and this could possibly have in come besides an orange hair protagonist?

CorvoSol

Samurai Flamenco - 17

And suddenly the Prime Minister
got a suit that turned into a golden spider with a fan on its back.

FLAMENCOOOOOOOOOO.

Wait what?
Mister Justice? N-No! WHY MISTER JUSTICE? WHYYY?!?

Shh...no tears.

Just Flamenco now.

Can't you see you're Flamenco like me, try to make Samu History, but Menco breeds Menco and in the end it Flamen to be this way.

well now that I've caught up with all my other lunch hour shows, I guess I can catch up with Archer. And then once I do that, I'll eat lunch while watching Crayon Shin-Chan.

Taruranto

Clannad 1

The heck is with the opening scene? Nobody would talk like that, ever.

KEY humor can be so anime it hurts, sometimes. So, his friend's plan could only result in him either getting beat up by a girl, or proving she's a fake... by punching her in the face. How is this guy not already a Darwin award winner?

The part with Nagisa's family was much better than the rest. And KyoAni production value, etc., despite the awful character design.

Why would you watch an anime about cockroaches getting magical AIDS?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why does Spotify have terrible covers of anime tunes and why did it think I'd want to listen to terrible covers of Sword Art Online songs?

Branduil

ixwdMPUyJkqnK.jpg

Now now, the correct term is KeyAIDS!

Ah yes. Right on time. I was starting to wonder where you guys were.

He took on my Clannad Challenge since he's never watched Clannad or After Story before. In exchange I am to watch the two anime he has recommended me all the way through. If you guys have never watched you're more then welcome to join the challenge. :)

:]

cajunator

Banned
Ah yes. Right on time. I was starting to wonder where you guys were.

He took on my Clannad Challenge since he's never watched Clannad before. In exchange I am to watch the two anime he has recommended me all the way through. If you guys have never watched you're more then welcome to join the challenge. :)

:]

You still considering watching Scrapped Princess later?

You still considering watching Scrapped Princess later?

After I hold up my end of the deal on all the anime I must watch then I will. Like I said just make sure you PM me a link to the show so I can watch.

But right now my focus is:

From the New World
Monster
Engaged to the Unifentified
Haibane Renmei
Tatami Galaxy
Golden Time

Going through this Studio Ghibli set for the first time.

Already seen (Mononoke & Spirited Away) before. Really liked everything i saw so far especially Nausicca, Kiki & Totoro. Whisper of the Heart was boring as shit though.

Porco Rosso was better than i though it'd be.

From the New World 3

Uh..... what?

It's like actively trying to throw you off so they don't have to explain the earlier episodes. Nothing has been explained at all.

Damn that Toradora dub sounds great. Shame I watched it recently as I'd consider watching it again dubbed. If it wasn't for the subject of romcom slice of life, I'd hope Adult Swim would pick it up.

Love Live 3

Umi, stop being a shit and get on with things. WHY are you even concerned about Skirt length? Like ZERO dudes exist in this show. Like, I'm not even trying to filter out dudes here, because they're are fucking non-existent.

But hey, lets have the best opening show of Muse! What could possibly go wrong?

Io17IXR.jpg

Oh.... well I guess that solves a problem for Umi. The amount of shit that's going wrong for them sure is a spectacle.

cnet128

Banned
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren 10

JC5UOOO.gif

Shichimiya cuteness levels: critical. Dammit you know that's my weak point.

I find myself almost actually considering supporting her over Rikka. Even though nobody wants that. Even she doesn't want that.

From the New World 4

Nooooooooo!!!

You were so close in actually explaining what's going on in this damn show. But now I am completely in the dark again. F.
I think this show has given up on explaining itself. It just wants you to just accept what's going on.

Articalys

Well, that doesn't really seem so bad in the grand scheme of things. At least his pronunciation sounds okayish. Sure, it's not even close to the original, but I wouldn't call it "terrible". Mediocre, maybe.

I'm more insulted that the first track on that album is a cover of V6's "Change the World", the first opening to Inuyasha, yet for some reason it says "(from Naruto)".

edit: okay, I found the SAO cover you mentioned, and yeah, that is worse.

Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland

Managed to get this for $23 with tax on Amazon Japan, so I figured why not. The Blu-ray played great and I enjoyed the short picture drama, especially with the return of Spinzaku. The book packaging and art looks great, despite not being able to read the kanji/kana yet, but the book's binding is a bit off and there are some small rips in the pages were the staples cut through.

Still worried about the shipping status of the manga I ordered with the Nunnally BD. The manga was in-stock with the Nunnally BD but has yet to leave the warehouse. Has anyone else had shipping issues with Amazon Japan due to "double byte characters" in their mailing address? I can only assume adding my PO Box somehow made the error appear since the items are shipped directly to my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom