• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main thing keeping me from watching Nagi no Asukara is that there is no clear way of knowing who will end up with who. And that shit is just stressful for my romcom loving heart.

cnet128

Banned
I think the main thing keeping me from watching Nagi no Asukara is that there is no clear way of knowing who will end up with who. And that shit is just stressful for my romcom loving heart.

But that's all part of the fun!

The fun that will transition to rage when everyone ends up with the wrong people.

But it will be fun rage!

From The New World as a whole is supposed to feel off, so don't worry too much about it. Just go with flow, as it doesn't leave much dangling. As for the relationships,
remember that they're essentially genetically modified to get into sexual relationships to defuse tension, so there's a reason they don't feel truly romantic. They're not. Bonobos etc.

I get what you're all saying but it sounds so flawed.

I mean for starters if they are programmed as a "love society" (I got that much) and they have to be with someone then why are they not with the people they want to be with?

Maybe I am overthinking this.

Quasar

That's a feature, not a bug for me. But but given your Golden Time comments I can understand why you'd feel this way.

And that kind of reminds me of a new article today from some monster on IS9.

http://io9.com/why-i-refuse-to-watch-movies-without-spoilers-1541132642

3aF1356.jpg

Senyu 11

No Mercy.

Give her a good beatdown, Mr. loli-for-life.

Articalys

The thing that kept me from watching it was (since the manga version started earlier than the anime) hearing about how there was a ridiculously complicated love dodecahedron in the first place.

Golden Time 22

You know, Kouko can be such a goddamn spiteful bitch sometimes, I think I might hate her if she weren't so amazing the rest of the time. Even when she's being a terrible human being she takes it so far it's somehow also amazing in its own way. Dear God.

Good to see all this stuff finally coming out into the open. Waiting on tenterhooks for the next episode.

Koko is a force of nature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzP8hm16pLY

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
In a bit of a nontraditional move, the Soul Eater Not girls have White Day chocolate as well:

http://www.souleaternot.tv/img/keyvisual_r6hews5t.png

Guess it plays into whatever yuri overtones you all were talking about before.

Yessssssssss.

[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] 197

In which Galaxia sits on her throne for twenty minutes while Uranus and Neptune flirt with each other.

I really need to get around to watching this.

From the New World 8

O.......Kay.........

I..... Hmmmm.....

So... things.... happened....

Haha oh man I remember AnimeGaf that day. So good.

Branduil

I get what you're all saying but it sounds so flawed.

I mean for starters if they are programmed as a "love society" (I got that much) and they have to be with someone then why are they not with the people they want to be with?

Maybe I am overthinking this.

Because they don't want teen pregnancies.

ZX IGNITION - 09

Z/X is like the opposite of magical warfare ...
While magical warfare started simple and with promise , ZX started a very complex plot with all sorts of sub plots right off in a way quite difficult to see the potentail behind it ( especially given the franchise )

Several episodes later , magical warfare underperformed except with 2 episodes while ZX managed to keep things entertaining while making me care for the characters .

ZX%20IGNITION%20-%2009.jpg

If anything this episode was a giant open case AGAINST the angel side and nothing so far even indicate that Ayase was wrong in anyway.
Go for it Ayse , don't hesitate !

Congratulation ZX Ignition , After so many episodes , we finally know the reason why ayase was such a bitch , we finally know what she did to get there , how harsh that was and how the steeled her heart among the way ... this subplot was nothing special but it freaking worked masterfully here ... Especially given the situation ..indeed , how can she hope for tomorrow when she was robbed of her hope... In that case no retort possible and a very powerfull scene Imo that just show the sheer difference between ayase and "what's her name again ? i forgot already"

This episode , even focused on ayase provided SEVERAL clues for later and many sub-plots for the other factions too ..trully the angels are d*ck and considering their society deserve most of the backlash they got ... someone like ayase should have appeared sooner or later anyway. Her meeting with the Z/X was also quite well done.

Heck i think every faction are d*cks on several points . Everyone except the main cast are only focused on whatever means they can use to get to their goal no matter what gets lost among the way. You bet that something like audium appears when such morons are rulling the place

Anyway a Very good episode for Z/X IGNITION that manage some very good character develloppement despite his setting and remain enjoyable ...with all the stuff going on and the fact that everyone has a freaking big squelleton in their closet

Aikatsu 61 - Bohemian Rhapsody

We have a new (but not really) character reveal, Sora. Actually, she appeared a few times already, but she wasn't important back then, but now! It's important. She's a Designer/Idol to contrast with Kii's Producer/Idol position. She's also constantly high.

I believe this is the second time this has happened in the series, but a new brand was just launched, called Bohemian Sky. IIRC the last person to do this was Mizuki. Starlight barely appears in this episode, giving Sora the time and space she needs to fill out her motives and backstory. Considering she'll be paired up with Seira and Kii, I'm not sure how well they'll gel in comparison to the Ichigo, Aoi, and Ran trio. Probably not as good but eh.

That audition sure was something. It was trippy as fuck, I'll say that much, as if it matched with my impression that she's... kind of high. Then again, there are characters in this show, that makes me think "Man, cut down the sugar!"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
2012 was a good year. Look at this all this QUALITY:

Hyouka
Fat/Ero
Jojo
Tsuritama
Watanabe not making another Cowboy Bebop
Girls und Panzer
Space Bros: Coast to Coast
Shin Sekai Yuri
Oh the Humanity
Some KON shit
Nichibros
Tonari no Raper-kun
Toothbrushmonogatari

cnet128

Banned
Kill la Kill 22

Oh HELLS yes
Bancho Mako is BACK
! I should have seen that coming, but I totally didn't, and it is all the more glorious for it.

In other news, so much Satsuki hair flowing dramatically in the wind in this episode. Also
armless
Nui is great. She's somehow become even more unhinged and psychotic, which is an impressive feat.

CorvoSol

Here's the Sailor Moon Crystal leak, sounds like a remake of the first series:

Further proof that the entirety of anime is being rebooted.

Princess Mewtwo 8

Why is she so angsty about being a duck? I mean look at the Iguana kid. Can't be easy for him to get dates and you don't see him complaining about it being because he's an iguana.

Go_Ly_Dow

Silver Spoon S2 -9

This shows lack of popularity here makes this community terrible. Yes you should all feel bad for not watching it :(

Mononoke

Banned
From the New World 8

O.......Kay.........

I..... Hmmmm.....

So... things.... happened....

Yeah, I had a hard time with this tbh.
Not because I care about who romance's who. I don't. But at least to me, this show really just GOES FOR it, without any kind of build up. Of course, they establish this when they explain that sexuality in this world, is used to relieve stress. But I found it jarring how quickly characters were jumping from one person to the next.

It was more of a character issue. But on the other hand, I have a lot of respect for the fact that this show tackles romance/sexuality in a completely different way than most stories.

Here's the Sailor Moon Crystal leak, sounds like a remake of the first series:

Neat.

I've never watched Sailor Moon, and I was wary about doing so (if the new anime was going to be a continuation) due to how the US version was handled. But now I can wait and see what this series is all about.

Toonami simulcast maybe? (lol)

Midonin

I think the Crystal info is real, but there are people who are skeptical. Though we only have to wait a week to see if it's confirmed.

Bikkun

Neo Member
We have no real evidence yet that Crystal is legit. I'm friends with a guy in the Power Rangers fandom who can throw together these amazingly convincing images and videos to screw with gullible fans. These past few months have also been filled with people passing off amazing fanart as official images. Can't we just wait a few more days for real announcements? 8 days isn't that long.

Silver Spoon S2 -9

This shows lack of popularity here makes this community terrible. Yes you should all feel bad for not watching it :(

It's very refreshing show compared to most shows. No needless melodrama or fanservice. Just slice of life with some light and realistic drama bits about life.

duckroll

We have no real evidence yet that Crystal is legit. I'm friends with a guy in the Power Rangers fandom who can throw together these amazingly convincing images and videos to screw with gullible fans. These past few months have also been filled with people passing off amazing fanart as official images. Can't we just wait a few more days for real announcements? 8 days isn't that long.

It's legit because it's from the official site. :p

It's rehosted in case they take it down. You're dumb if you think I make up stuff.

Samurai Flamenco Episode 20
tumblr_inline_n2eftg49GD1so7sym.jpg
tumblr_inline_n2eftprRJ21so7sym.jpg

Masayoshi's number one fan is incredible. I like this ending final character storyline and its rather focused getting things back to being about Masayoshi.
didnt think it'd elevate things with Goto that much that he would have to break up with Masayoshi and be kicked out like that, brutally too after being thrown even. Goto was in the wrong, so I hope he realizes that and apologizes before he is knocked off. Actually at least based on the plot perhaps he will be attempted to be off'd as he's making his way to Masayoshi to apologize :(

Bikkun

Neo Member
It's legit because it's from the official site. :p

It's rehosted in case they take it down. You're dumb if you think I make up stuff.

Or I have no idea who you are. >_> I don't come by here often.

That said, can you link to the official site source, please?

Golden Time - 22
Golden%20Time%20-%2022.jpg

That's the best way to be close to someone

Omg that episode ..

"Just what is tada banri anyway ?"

Good question ..
Very good question indeed.

Koko this turn of events was just magnificent

"i was just considerate to you as a friend"

Oh my god my sides.. you don't see many turns of events like this.

Midonin

I haven't seen the first anime (though I am watching the toku version with friends now), so I look forward to Crystal. As one of many summer seasons. PuriPara is also personally anticipated, but it doesn't have the name recognition.

Kill La Kill 22

We're gonna be wrapping shit up in two episodes? Time to see breakneck pacing come back.

Yeeess Mako is a capable fighter again!

Bikkun

Neo Member
Ah see, linking that from the beginning (even if it might go off soon) would've helped. XD Okay, in that case, I'll believe it. With a grain of salt because these past few months have bee a HELL of a thing in the fandom.

CorvoSol

Symbionic Titan 16

Holy crap. That sword fight is indisputably the best animated sword fight I've ever seen. Gosh dang. So good. The whole episode, man. Almost had this kinda Legend of Zelda set up going on, and all them classic "fall of the Kingdom" conventions, too.

Tartakovsky, my man. You have made a damn fine cartoon here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom