• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The KLK thread is like, 160 pages. That's 8 times larger than the Sword Art Online thread and twice as large as the JoJo thread.

Trigger saved anime at the cost of AnimeGAF.
To be fair, the SAO thread mostly just consisted of a back and forth between me and kayos.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow, I feel so old. I just found out about this whole Rog and Tyrone 4chan anime beef thing. It's amazing. lol
Just looked this up. Considering its from 2013 and most of the sane population of the web stopped posting on 4chan well before that it's not surprising to only just learn about it.

Captain Earth PV #3, featuring the OP song "Believers High" by flumpool:

http://captain-earth.net/movie.php

Alternate upload if you don't like the site's media player:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1h52tt

Cool song. Really looking forward to the show now.

We need more flumpool.

So Tokyo Ghoul is summer

cast:

Natsuki Hanae
Sora Amamiya
Kana Hanazawa

VIa: http://otakomu.jp/archives/71207.html source of the watermarked pic: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2922275799

Now if they would give some update to Terraformars.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just looked this up. Considering its from 2013 and most of the sane population of the web stopped posting on 4chan well before that it's not surprising to only just learn about it.
The Persona one is linked in Gaming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nGWEb5QxGA

But this one Ultimadrago linked nearly killed me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjxTrrbjmx0
SEE EYE ESS FEMALE PIGDOGS

Both feature 4chan language, so watch at your own risk.

Here's that story about them:
http://www.japanator.com/rog-and-tyrone-the-inadvertent-spokespeople-of-anime-31332.phtml

NeonZ

After War Gundam X: 10 - 11
Basically these two episodes were kind of a repeat of the events from last time.
Garrod gets depressed, gets some toughening up by Jamil, and is ready to join the fray once again.

Show, I'm warning you right now. You can only get away with this so many times.

Nah, that's pretty much the last time it happens (for a good while at least). That arc also loses some punch if you aren't familiar with Gundam in general.

In every other series with "Newtypes", the hero is always a Newtype. And their ability to beat veteran pilots and such is justified due to that. This arc places Garrod in a position where he has to surpass a Newtype in order to win.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log of Thrones Episode 24:

God damn it, this show should not be the good, could not be this good, but it is, it bloody well is. Maybe it is too early to say that it will be my AOTY for 2014 but at the very least I think it has a place on the short list come the end of the year. Anyway, that was a brilliant bit of warfare. Lord Marwes, or his mistress, this Coal Black Queen whose name I will not spoil even here. Thank you TV Tropes for doing that for me. Anyway, the opposition is a force that has tested even the mighty Shiroe and almost beat him using a Joker stratagem. Pure random chaos who overall point is to confuse and clog up the system. It doesn't need to be laid out point by point. Though I doubt even they could have predicted legions of fangirls being the solution to, well, any problem. Anyway, it looks like this grand encounter at The Scale Festiavle is going to be a world changing, season ending event. The way they were hyping it up, that is going to be the catalyst and the cliffhanger for Season 2. THERE HAD BETTER BE A SEASON 2 OR WE RIOT!

Nah, that's pretty much the last time it happens (for a good while at least). That arc also loses some punch if you aren't familiar with Gundam in general.

In every other series with "Newtypes", the hero is always a Newtype. And their ability to beat veteran pilots and such is justified due to that. This arc places Garrod in a position where he has to surpass a Newtype in order to win.

Well at least now things are moving forward a bit and Garrod is becoming less of an idiot.

After War Gundam X - 14

OnQm5YP.jpg

That is one weird-looking super weapon.

Weird boss design aside, this was actually kind of an awesome fight. Garrod was actually making smart combat moves on his own for once.

I have to say, I wasn't expecting that ending to this arc.
Like, given how I was told how these Gundam shows go down, I was expecting the heroes to be too late and for Carris' mind to be erased. Not that I didn't enjoy this ending, I just expected something a bit more tragic I guess. Aw well. I'm happy with what I got.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's not like Naoko Takeuchi helps or anything. She refused to let a new release to have a redub over here, at least we got a good quality release, following the italian style guide.
And our version of the manga releasing at the end of the month, is the "new" manga.
That's Toei, not Takeuchi. The PGSM edition of the manga is good too.

Why haven't I heard anything about this before?! Thanks Jexhius.
KOR starts and ends strong, but I wonder if you'll find the middle as tiresome as I did. The status quo is painfully strong there.

Jintor

It's very weird to meet a lawyer at a party and chat idly about law things then somehow start talking about games, and then start talking about bravely default, and then he compares it to
endless eight
and from there get into a big discussion... mostly about jrpgs actually

Link Man

Banned
Time of Eve

A very interesting anime, kind of like a more serious look at some of the themes presented in Chobits. I'm very glad that I watched this, and am sad that it was so short.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sakura Trick 10

Huh, some actual story progression (at least in the whole
"people don't know Haruka and Yuu are totally in lesbians with each other"
thing). Other than that, pretty standard episode!

So Tokyo Ghoul is summer

VIa: http://otakomu.jp/archives/71207.html source of the watermarked pic: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2922275799

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

On the other hand. I Can't really say I agree with all these positive things being said about Clannad AS's ending. I thought that was a kick in the gut, which ruined a lot of what I liked about the show.

For me although Clannad is a harem-lite it doesn't have most of the damaging traits that they usually have. Okazaki has to work for everything he gets.

He doesn't sit around and get friends, he makes an active effort to get to know the girls in his harem. He isn't imbued with some natural skill which makes him better than everyone, instead his right arm is disabled and his family is broken, his dad is a drunkard. He isn't a genius or a paragon of good either, he regularly skips school and is a known delinquent.
But he works hard and gets a girlfriend and manages graduates HS.

He doesn't get to go to college, but he doesn't let that stop him. He strives to get a job, and even has to hide his disability in order to get it. He works really, really hard doing physical labour. And just when shit seems to be going his way, when it looks like his hard work is paying off and he will move far forward, his dad does something that causes him to lose that opportunity. Not him, not anyone he deals with or associates with, but his drunkard, disgrace of a father. He has no control over this event. And yet that doesn't destroy him. He picks himself up and marries his long term girlfriend, and they move in together.

Nagisa gets pregnant but we know that due to her poor health it will be a difficult delivery. And just on the day that she is due to give birth the snowfall means she is unable to go to the hospital. She dies giving birth to heir daughter. And here we have a person destroyed by events so, so far out of his control. He breaks down and is unable to be a real father to his daughter.

5 year time skip. He is given a the chance and manages to pick himself up and re-establish a relationship with his daughter. He can talk with her about the mother she never knew. He can comfort her from crying when she is sad. He also manages to forgive his father for all that had occurred and he is able to meet his granddaughter. He can finally pick up his daughter from school and they can go home together and be a real family.

SO WHY THE F**K DID THEY DECIDE TO MESS WITH THIS PERFECT ENDING AND ADD
NONSENSE REVIVALS/GO BACK IN TIME/DUEX EX BULLSHIT? THERE WAS NO REASON FOR THE DEAD TO NOT STAY DEAD

I'm not even going to lie and say I understood the whole meaning of why
she was able to be revived
. Is he the only good person in the world/city? I'd actually want a simple explanation of this because my understanding of it makes no sense in any universe. Even TTGL realised that you can't pull this kind of shit. Spiral power doesn't make you a god, and collecting lights shouldn't either.

I didn't start by wanting to do a full transcript of the show but goddamn I wish all shows had characters that suffer and traverse hardships as much as Okazaki does in Clannad/AS. Hate that they decided to trivialise all that just so it could have a "happy ending". Screw that shit.

Dynedom

After War Gundam X - 14

I have to say, I wasn't expecting that ending to this arc.
Like, given how I was told how these Gundam shows go down, I was expecting the heroes to be too late and for Carris' mind to be erased. Not that I didn't enjoy this ending, I just expected something a bit more tragic I guess. Aw well. I'm happy with what I got.

Might have something to do with a lack of Tomino.

Gazoinks

On the other hand. I Can't really say I agree with all these positive things being said about Clannad AS's ending. I thought that was a kick in the gut, which ruined a lot of what I liked about the show.

Totally valid, I can definitely see where you're coming from. That being said,
the cosmic retcon isn't completely out of nowhere. They probably could have established it more clearly, but it happened because the balls of light Tomoya had been collecting by making people happy had granted his wish. If anything, I'd call it a kind of awkward adaptation of a very gamey concept (I assume in the VN you got a ball for completing a route and had to complete every route to see the true end). It's still kind of a hand-wave, but it's not totally unearned at least.

Honestly, before Ushio's death I would've been fine with After Story ending as it went. Adding that in felt like a little too much to me.

survivor

Banned
Clannad 4

The mystery thickens although I already know what's the conclusion to it. I think I got couple more episodes before I get to new material.

Westlo

So true.
Grown-up athena was never animated ... Such a missed opportunity .Instead of doing an entire filler season they should have at least animated the athena arcs instead .. Now everything is confusing as hell for anyone who haven't read the manga

I'm like totally biased towards A-tan but the golden week arc was too good to not get animated.... especially considering what we got instead. If it had stopped after the JC Staff season, fair enough. But to get that crappy filler season, movie and cuties... smfh.

Is A-tan still "nerfed" in the manga?

Totally valid, I can definitely see where you're coming from. That being said,
the cosmic retcon isn't completely out of nowhere. They probably could have established it more clearly, but it happened because the balls of light Tomoya had been collecting by making people happy had granted his wish.

This what I thought. But it doesn't make sense why no one else is allowed to retcon their lives. Are there no other good people in the town/world?

Gazoinks

This what I thought. But it doesn't make sense why no one else is allowed to retcon their lives. Are there no other good people in the town/world?

I was actually just looking at this on the internet to make sure my assumption was correct.
So apparently what happened is that once Ushio and Tomoya died they went to that other world as the girl and robot, where their role was to gather balls of light to help out the retconning effort. So that's why Tomoya specifically was able to grant his wish.
Which is a weird and unnecessarily complex solution, but there it is. :p

jman2050

Nisekoi 10

Raku blows his lucky chance to be with Onodera so he can help Chitoge in her time of need

^ This is essentially the entire manga encapsulated into 10 minutes.

Ruri is still the best wingman.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkann - Episodes 21-24

Didn't think that out of this group of episodes that the Oyajide episode wouldn't be my favourite one but it happened because Episode 24 was the funniest Doremi has been since Episode 9 of Na-i-sho.

I'll get to that later because the other 3 episodes were also great too!

[Episode 21] The aformentioned Oyajide episode which was great simply because it had Oyajide in it. He has such great chemistry with Hana and they play off each other well. Loved the bit when she first sees him and decides to ride him like a horse.

[Episode 22] Kimitaka was so cute when
he confessed to Pop. Her reaction was priceless as well.
Hana causing more mischief again by helping the Sonatine kids protect Kimitaka from the teachers. I know she means well but summoning a group of angry sheep is not a good way to stop people!

[Episode 23] Orehime decides to crash at the Maho-dou because she's pissed with Hikoboshi. Of course slowly the drinking escalates from Oh! Cola to sake but that's going to happen when you're becoming drinking buddies with Majo Rika.

[Episode 24] I couldn't stop laughing watching this. Hana finding out about Tokusatsu and then just rolling with it. Perfection.

Midonin

Nisekoi 10

Chitoge as a ghost that's scared of her own shadow was adorable. The relationships keep spinning in circles, but the way everyone keeps pushing for Onodera even when they think Chitoge is "official" is amusing. Not much scaring in this test of courage - the test itself barely got any screentime. Still love Shaft animation.

Articalys

Nisekoi 10

Raku blows his lucky chance to be with Onodera so he can help Chitoge in her time of need

^ This is essentially the entire manga encapsulated into 10 minutes.

Ruri is still the best wingman.
The first sentence is unfortunately true, the last sentence is fortunately true.
the way everyone keeps pushing for Onodera even when they think Chitoge is "official" is amusing
It's an astoundingly fruitless endeavor. It's annoying enough when you have cases like this where the MC keeps pining for his childhood crush even when the "winning" girl is someone he obviously has better chemistry with, but the length to which this series in particular draws it out is teeth-grindingly bad.

Nafe

[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] 200

I finished the Sailor Moons and I don't know what to do with my life, now. ;____________;

[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] FIN

Time to tackle the other great Toei magical girl franchise. You know where you can find me for that.

Not here apparently. :(

Are you at least going to post here when Sailor Moon Crystal is airing?

Gazoinks

Log Horizon 24

Shiroe is back in full force!
Shiroe manipulating hordes of fangirls for patrol was great. Marves is a fun villain for how gross he is, and next time it looks like we're gonna meet his boss. And it's gonna be a cliffhanger!
There'd better be a season 2!

Midonin

World Conquest 10

You do realize this means war. So much stuff hinted at (like why Asuta ran away, and Kate's
"It's not like I chose to be a kid"
line) that leave me hungering for next week. The sudden tonal shift was being hinted at for some time, and now that it's at the forefront... ooh boy. Things are going down.

Log Horizon - 24

Shit is going dooooooown. So when encountered with a troublesome problem
the solution is to throw a harem at it lol.

Can't wait to see how Shiroe handles this in the finale/last episode. As for the Coal Black Queen in the previews, doesn't she look like the one girl from Shiroe's flashbacks in getting him to join the Tea Party?

Hattori

Banned
Zvezda 10
Well that escalated quickly...
the soldiers kicking Roboko was cringeworthy, I really hope she's still functional

Nisekoi 10
I'm starting feel bad for Onodera but she's just too boring and very difficult to root for. Chitoge on the other hand continues to be the best girl.
Tsugumi x Ruri :)

The KLK thread is like, 160 pages. That's 8 times larger than the Sword Art Online thread and twice as large as the JoJo thread.

Trigger saved anime at the cost of AnimeGAF.

I'm glad we don't have KLK discussions here. The sooner I forget about that disappointment the better.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Log Horizon Episode 24
Dat funny slight yaoi teasing
The actual power of fangirls is a scary thing and if crusty was at that banquet, I would be worried for that nobleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom