• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
The Persona one is linked in Gaming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nGWEb5QxGA

But this one Ultimadrago linked nearly killed me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjxTrrbjmx0
SEE EYE ESS FEMALE PIGDOGS

Both feature 4chan language, so watch at your own risk.

Here's that story about them:
http://www.japanator.com/rog-and-tyrone-the-inadvertent-spokespeople-of-anime-31332.phtml

I really dont understand this meme or who these people are or anything. Can somebody explain?

SAO up on netflix for those inclined.

Im glad I cancelled Netflix.

Time of Eve

A very interesting anime, kind of like a more serious look at some of the themes presented in Chobits. I'm very glad that I watched this, and am sad that it was so short.

Yeah its a much more serious tone than Chobits for sure. A quite interesting look at how robots would fit into society and how laws might govern them and such. Kind of like Armitage the III without the 90s kitsch and violence.

I'm like totally biased towards A-tan but the golden week arc was too good to not get animated.... especially considering what we got instead. If it had stopped after the JC Staff season, fair enough. But to get that crappy filler season, movie and cuties... smfh.

Is A-tan still "nerfed" in the manga?

Last time i checked
she was still nerfed and still a loli

I still think the A-tan arc was one of the best arc of hayate no gotoku ( for multiple reasons : it was a&ction packed, dealt with several issues that were left in the dust since the start of the manga, had some pretty solid hinagiku moments ad was still funny despite the odds in place)

-----------------
Log horizon - 24

Well they did set the bar for the last episode where we'll see the conclusion of this saga .. It's a shame that Log horizon ends here since the next arc is entirely akatsuki - focused but such are the law of the anime.
1394886383564.gif

She won't be a Lv 21 student for long , at this rate she is gonna level up like crazyy

Anyway as his episode proves ...WHEN IN DOUBT , throw a harem at it ...

Ps: so many cameo is this episode ..

Log Horizon - 24

Shit is going dooooooown. So when encountered with a troublesome problem
the solution is to throw a harem at it lol.

Can't wait to see how Shiroe handles this in the finale/last episode. As for the Coal Black Queen in the previews, doesn't she look like the one girl from Shiroe's flashbacks in getting him to join the Tea Party?

Answer for the second spoiler :
No different character but your guess wasn't that far off

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket S2 23

Murasakibara pissed off with Kiyoshi decides he is going to crush him. It's really weird to watch Murasakibara run.

Then Kuroko comes in and man it was excellent. Great high pace action and little bit of drama.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda Episode 10
Things are getting realer then real.
I want my happy times back D:

Silky

Banned
Huh. There is literally nothing I want to watch after KLK and Log Horizon ends. JoJo isn't until april either.

Guess I'll...catch up with One Piece.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nisekoi 10

Raku blows his lucky chance to be with Onodera so he can help Chitoge in her time of need

^ This is essentially the entire manga encapsulated into 10 minutes.

Ruri is still the best wingman.
How else do you keep selling the same story over and over again? Actual character development?!

At least we got a fisheye shot.
a2oxxPnl.jpg

I really dont understand this meme or who these people are or anything. Can somebody explain?
People from 4chan are basically writing scripts (which are anime posts) for these guys to read.

Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya OVA

Man, for an OVA, they really didn't use any of the budget until the final dance scene.

Uh, sports festival so they all learn how to dance.

Average, mostly cause no magical girl action going on.

cajunator

Banned
I'd like to cancel Netflix, but my mom is using it too since they introduced user profiles. Plus there's the Clone Wars, which I want to watch when I get the time.

theres really nothing on it that I dont already have or want to watch. Worst movie selections of all time too. I just couldnt find any reason to continue it.

Midonin

ImoCho 11

Oh god, the episode title. It combines both a lame pun and a Patrick Swayze reference. Japan's love of puns will continue to amaze me. (Though it still doesn't top Maken-Ki! Two's "I can't believe they got that on air" title.) Looks like we're in for a hot springs two-parter. I am surprised that Hiyori's the one who can see a mishap as just a mishap, while Mitsuki's the one who gets filled with jealousy.

cajunator

Banned
I mean I JUST got to the time skip episodes, It's been an ordeal bruh

Art direction doesn't appeal to me. Looks like trash. The synopsis looks good tho so I might watch a couple of episodes. It's on Crunchy right?

yup it is. Its also better than you might think.

Princess Tutu 11-12

Awww shit, all this role playing,, namely finding the Fakir and Duck dynamics coming together more an more, which is pretty funny. Is he becoming less Fuckir and more
Fuckher?

Fuck You Salad Dressalmeyer.
THAT FUCKING CALL OUT BY KRAEHE! OH SHIT, technical 4th wall breaking in this story!
The more interesting thing is that
Tutu barely mattered in the story, but that was enough for people to give an actual fuck.

Anywho, this was a lewd set of episodes, everyone bared naked of their truths (sometimes literally), which shifts how people feel overall. One thing is certain, they hate vegetables.

Midonin

Tesagure! Bukatsumono Encore 10

I remember riddles like this from back in school. The answers are just as silly as they were then. And quite a few of them are exclusive to the Japanese language. Also, Aoi got the ED, which means more Karin Ogino. I hope she gets more anime roles beyond this.

cajunator

Banned
I just ordered Vividred Operation. Its on DVD which sucks but Ive been holding out a long time and I doubt any bluray is on the horizon. Plus the cuteness and fun of that show is too tempting. I dont want to miss it. Why does the market have to suck so much with this stuff?

I mean I JUST got to the time skip episodes, It's been an ordeal bruh
Skip the time skip episodes really
Art direction doesn't appeal to me. Looks like trash. The synopsis looks good tho so I might watch a couple of episodes. It's on Crunchy right?

After 10 episodes i can safely say that all if not most of the things on screen are there for a plot purpose or just for fun and that's great

--------------
Sekai seifuku - 10

i was ready for a "shit hit the fan" moment but i didn't realise that the fan was so big .

I still think that we'll still get a
good ending considering nothing that was shown is confirmed
but that was quite an heavy episode , especially compared to the previous episodes.

Next week gonna be great.

I just ordered Vividred Operation. Its on DVD which sucks but Ive been holding out a long time and I doubt any bluray is on the horizon. Plus the cuteness and fun of that show is too tempting. I dont want to miss it. Why does the market have to suck so much with this stuff?

U.S. and Japan having the same Blu-ray region code.

phaze

Fate/Zero 01-05
MFDMIFY.gif

I've checked this show earlier but was was scarred off by its absurd premise . Coming back to it now, the premise is as weird as ever and makes it hard to take the story seriously. A recurring war over a Grail that fulfills wishes, summoning historic heroes, some sinister church that oversees it all, I mean what ? Having not seen the earlier series I found the first episode a bit confusing and hard to slog through.

All that said I'm enjoying the series now. It helps that it is like really, really pretty. Some quality animation of work here. All the servants are interesting and get their time to shine. Their interpretation of Alexander and Gilles de Rais cracks me up.

Fate/Zero 01-05
MFDMIFY.gif

I've checked this show earlier but was was scarred off by its absurd premise . Coming back to it now, the premise is as weird as ever and makes it hard to take the story seriously. A recurring war over a Grail that fulfills wishes, summoning historic heroes, some sinister church that oversees it all, I mean what ? Having not seen the earlier series I found the first episode a bit confusing and hard to slog through.

All that said I'm enjoying the series now. It helps that it is like really, really pretty. Some quality animation of work here. All the servants are interesting and get their time to shine. Their interpretation of Alexander and Gilles de Rais cracks me up.

That's a one of the commonly-held critiques about the series, its info-dump exposition. However the rest of the series really builds up speed as the Holy Grail War starts to begin mage battle royale style.

Edit: I actually stopped watching F/Z mid-way due to SnK catching my interest. After than ended I went back to F/Z and was hooked on into what came in the second half.

cajunator

Banned
Fate/Zero 01-05
MFDMIFY.gif

Best girls in Fate Zero.

1. Saber
2. Waver

CorvoSol

Princess Corvo 11

And then stuff got real. Dr. Hell laughed his head off, Sousuke had a breakdown, Koji Kabuto got stuck while Princess Corvo stole Mewtwo.

Tokyo Ravens Episode 22: to The DarkSky -Protector-

The flame mage at the outside of the school was incredible, the burning and such was well done. While the talking stuff was pretty fun. Episode reaffirmed why Bakutora is second best lead character in the magic based light novel series.
I thought Tenma was going to be the one to intervene since he is still nowhere to be found. He has to do something

Lurky

Sekai Seifuku 10

Holy crap that was good.
Half of the crew got captured and Yasu is probably a traitor. Although, he was always pretty sketchy.
I hope nothing happens to Natasha D: On the bright side,
Renge betrayed white light and is helping Asuta escape.
This episode just makes me hate Miki so much more. I didn't even think that was possible.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sekai Seifuku 10

Holy crap that was good.
Half of the crew got captured and Yasu is probably a traitor. Although, he was always pretty sketchy.
I hope nothing happens to Natasha D: On the bright side,
Renge betrayed white light and is helping Asuta escape.
This episode just makes me hate Miki so much more. I didn't even think that was possible.

My theory is
they're going to do that whole "make it seem like he's a traitor but then nope, he was really helping Zvezda all along by infiltrating the enemy!" thing. Bonus points if he dies in the process.

Lurky

My theory is
they're going to do that whole "make it seem like he's a traitor but then nope, he was really helping Zvezda all along by infiltrating the enemy!" thing. Bonus points if he dies in the process.

I really hope that doesn't happen. Too many things have done that 'twist' already. It's not like we didn't see this coming. I mean, it did kind of happen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom