• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

"Due to production issues. episode 23 of Magi will be delayed till Sunday evening PDT. We thank you for your patience and understanding."

Lolz.

Jex

So after working pretty much exclusively with Brains Base from 2007 to 2012 on everything he directs, Omori suddenly started working on stuff outside the studio. First he did Samurai Flamenco at Manglobe, and now the new Durarara TV series is produced by a totally unknown animation studio called Shuka, except with the exact same core staff. What's going on?

RIP Brains Base?

survivor

Banned
Clannad After Story 1

This ED is a total downgrade from the original, but that was to be expected. Looks like I will be skipping it so should make the marathon go faster.

Anyway, watching this episode is really making me want to go and read some Adachi manga right now.

Gazoinks

Clannad After Story 1

This ED is a total downgrade from the original, but that was to be expected. Looks like I will be skipping it so should make the marathon go faster.

Anyway, watching this episode is really making me want to go and read some Adachi manga right now.

Haha. You don't even know the pains of the ED until it ruins an episode with a sad end. :p Skipping it is definitely a good idea.

On the bright side, I like After Story's OP a lot more than Clannad's!

Cardfight vanguard s2.

Not as fun as the first one. Still ok.

S3 1-2.

Shit. High school. Get my anime out of my anime. At least kourin is here and misaki! Too much tsun.

Also someone shut this thread down please.

Jex

Vito

Banned
Escha & Logy PV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdp3-tNzowQ (replaced with the official upload)

Kinda sad nobody in this thread gets a chance to post news, I think I might get around to writing a newcomers guide to following anime news if anyone cares, though it'll be still hard to compete against the crazi... err enthusiasts. Since it's Dengeki Game Festival, it's related properties announcement time and all, most is on dengeki online anyhow

Edit: Also it seems to me they're just saying new Durarara!! TV series, not new season specifically. Only time I see some reference to "season 1" is where they mention the returning staff.

Thoraxes

4JRkDjV.jpg

Westlo

Cardfight vanguard s2.

Not as fun as the first one. Still ok.

S3 1-2.

Shit. High school. Get my anime out of my anime. At least kourin is here and misaki! Too much tsun.

Kourin and Misaki are getting thirsty as fuck for Aichi at the start of s3 and onwards.

I'm liking the direction that season 4 is going with since Aichi has been boring as shit or cringeworthy as the lead for like 163 episodes. Except that time he was like a Ren clone in the first season. It's cool that in s4 that Kai is the
lead character, hopefully Kourin's with "Dark" Aichi or whatever the fuck he is now while he's brooding on his throne

Only problem is they are spamming the fuck outta "Mate" in the dialogue, probably not as bad as Buddy in Buddyfight (dunno since I don't watch the show) but it's way too forced.

OceanBlue

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=5045815#post5045815

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3B8JJTIF84

A short new 30-sec CM for Mahouka, featuring more of LiSA's OP song "Rising Hope".

Have to admit, I'll probably end up giving this show a try in the end.

I definitely will too, but I can't stand how washed out some Madhouse adaptations like this one are. I don't understand. It doesn't have to be saturated in bright colors, but they could at least have some sort of contrast.

duckroll

http://www.swordart-online.net/phantom/staff/

The full staff listing for Sword Art Online II is out. There are a few changes to the core staff from the first season, but there are two which are of particular interest.

Yuu Yamashita replaces Tetsuya Kawakami as the sub character designer and second chief animation director. She was the character designer for Usagi Drop, so that could be an improvement. Not that we should expect much from SAO characters anyway. :p

Satoshi Mori replaces Takahiro Shikama as the second action animation director, and this is a more interesting change. Shikama's action scenes were the main highlights of the action in the first season, and it looks like he's not coming back for the second season. Mori is definitely better known for gun style action due to his involvement with Jormungand, so that could be one reason for the switch since the new game is pretty much a MMO FPS.

Vito

Banned
Basara Judge End is Production I.G but Telecom? On the VA front, Date/Yukimura/Mitsunari/Ieyasu same as before.

http://www.ntv.co.jp/basara_je/ & https://twitter.com/basara_je (for updates)

Re: previous news

RyougaSaotome said:
According to Narita, they had been in talks over Durarara!! season 2 for the past few years now. Apologizes for keeping everyone waiting.

https://twitter.com/ryohgo_narita/status/445137379146231808 Main cast should be the same... I guess?
https://twitter.com/ryohgo_narita/status/445022834381713408 Seems though the novel's author calls it season 2 unlike the Dengeki's PR
https://twitter.com/suzupin/status/445022149686738944 illustrator as well. I guess I'll accept it lol

Only problem is they are spamming the fuck outta "Mate" in the dialogue, probably not as bad as Buddy in Buddyfight (dunno since I don't watch the show) but it's way too forced.

I'd say the Mate Count is probably far far lower than the Buddy Count so far. Athough counting the amount of times they say it does make the show more enjoyable to watch.

Should make it a drinking game when they say mate in Vanguard.

I actually suggested to someone a few weeks back to do a drinking game for whenever buddy is mentioned in BuddyFight. They were fine with it until I told them that Buddy is mentioned 63 times in the first episode.

It's been mentioned just over 500 times so far.

Vito

Banned
Every day I tell myself "THIS is the day when Yuyushiki S2 is announced" still nothing :(

I'm still bitter. I wanted to buy Yuyushiki but Amazon refused to fix their miscalculated tax collection fees. "No, don't worry, if you pay too much we give you the money back within 60 days" so I'd get to play the exchange rate lottery, no thanks. I guess I'll get to own the low bitrate sentai release... possibly with a dub :(

The weirdest thing though, at Comiket the Yuyushiki merch sold out really fast. I tried to get a buddy to buy me the production materials book which was like 1500 yen but had to pay like 5000 on an auction since they sold them out within an hour or two for three days in a row. Heck, the latest Comiket had a reprint of the book... that was selling out.

The production was just so damn good.

Vylash

I'm still bitter. I wanted to buy Yuyushiki but Amazon refused to fix their miscalculated tax collection fees. "No, don't worry, if you pay too much we give you the money back within 60 days" so I'd get to play the exchange rate lottery, no thanks. I guess I'll get to own the low bitrate sentai release... possibly with a dub :(

The weirdest thing though, at Comiket the Yuyushiki merch sold out really fast. I tried to get a buddy to buy me the production materials book which was like 1500 yen but had to pay like 5000 on an auction since they sold them out within an hour or two for three days in a row. Heck, the latest Comiket had a reprint of the book... that was selling out.

The production was just so damn good.

I don't think I've ever wanted a show to continue more than I do with Yuyushiki, it's definitely one of my favorites

wonzo

Banned
Robot Girls Z 3 END

robotgirlsz3.jpg

If there's one thing this show's succeeded at (other than being entertaining as hell) it's getting me to really want a pair of those frog gloves so bad it hurts knowing it's a limited edition thing at some event.

those fuckers

Witch Craft Works 8-9

witchcraftw8.jpg

Episode 8 was probably the last great episode of this show as the arc that just started sucks ass in the source material and I doubt even the great Mizushima can salvage it. :(

Samurai Flamenco 19

Man, this show had me going for a while there thinking it was starting wind but nope, THAT ENDING. The stuff about
Goto and his girlfriend was telegraphed to hell and back with the original OP but the idea he was texting himself
episode 10 is so utterly hilarious I can't get over it. lmao

I think some pronouns are off in this paragraph so I think I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding you. Just to be clear, Ruka self-identifies as male right? So his desire to be female stems SOLELY from his attraction to Okabe and daddy issues? I thought I read more than that, which is why I was so confused as to how Ruka self-IDs and how the other characters treat him but maybe I was off base? If so why didn't the writers (of the VN of course) just make Ruka gay rather than this weird "wants to be a girl" subplot. It feels like its trying to force some sort of heteronormative narrative where one didn't need to be. Am I just overthinking this? I think I'm confusing myself :/

Ruka is a boy , knows that he is a boy but was raised in such a way ( by his father ) that led to this result. He also want to be manlier but doesn't take the right step to do that thanks to his dad & okabe influence.

There are 3 reasons why the "want to be a girl" sub plot took place. First , EVERYONE agrees that given his appearance it's a total waste for him to be male ( even okabe ), second , it was to show the semi -random cause & effect of changing the past. Also i don't understand why ruka is not gay since he has affections for okabe. in the game while you need to undo the d-mails , you can enter "her" route
and ignore everything else( SERN , mayuchi dying , kurisu )
and this is basicly confirmed.
Third this was not shown in the anime but DAMN his dad raising him like this certainly helped him to reach this conclusion.

It's my opinion , but you're overthinking this , ruka is certainly not the strongest in term of narrative in steinsgate but her role doesn't go beyond all of that was shown ( notice how ruka role in the main plot could be easily replaced or forgotten ? ) so yeah ..best to not think that much about him

cajunator

Banned
Ruka is a boy , knows that he is a boy but was raised in such a way ( by his father ) that led to this result. He also want to be manlier but doesn't take the right step to do that thanks to his dad & okabe influence.

There are 3 reasons why the "want to be a girl" sub plot took place. First , EVERYONE agrees that given his appearance it's a total waste for him to be male ( even okabe ), second , it was to show the semi -random cause & effect of changing the past. Also i don't understand why ruka is not gay since he has affections for okabe. in the game while you need to undo the d-mails , you can enter "her" route
and ignore everything else( SERN , mayuchi dying , kurisu )
and this is basicly confirmed.
Third this was not shown in the anime but DAMN his dad raising him like this certainly helped him to reach this conclusion.

It's my opinion , but you're overthinking this , ruka is certainly not the strongest in term of narrative in steinsgate but her role doesn't go beyond all of that was shown ( notice how ruka role in the main plot could be easily replaced or forgotten ? ) so yeah ..best to not think that much about him

Ruka seemed like mostly a plot device in the anime.

Theonik

I think I know a soccer.
Makoto is always appropriate. Unf unf unf and a Nao for good measure.
Are you trying to slay me?

The Daily Lives of High School Boys 1-4

This show >>>>>>>> Your favorite girl group show (Azumanga Diaoh, K-On, etc.)
Girls > boys.

It's like they knew I wasn't going to watch S2 if it wasn't for a megane cutie voiced by my goddess.

Cunts.
Also a scarf. RIP Solune.

I don't get the Cutie Marks.

...Er, um... No comment?
Kobeni has a pastry because of her cooking. Hakuya has a paw because well he is what he is.

Mods, please make this image the final post when you eventually lock this monument of shame:

tia
Yes. Please do.

did MLP-GAF invade the thread?
We were always here.

"Due to production issues. episode 23 of Magi will be delayed till Sunday evening PDT. We thank you for your patience and understanding."

Lolz.
Please understand

Vito

Banned
Via Siete, new LWA art on Trigger's twitter profile:

web.jpg

Backed the LWA2 kickstarter, but still haven't gotten around to ordering LWA1 since I'm waiting for a friend to split the costs. *sigh*

Theonik

Shipping for LWA1 is kinda crazy. Don't like EMS at all. SAL is about as fast I find and it saves me from the customs overhead. (which is why EMS is so slow for me)
Wish they didn't force EMS on people.

Also the BD for LWA has half the bitrate for the short that the original Anime Mirai disk had and is littered with banding which kinda breaks the deal even more.

cajunator

Banned
Shipping for LWA1 is kinda crazy. Don't like EMS at all. SAL is about as fast I find and it saves me from the customs overhead. (which is why EMS is so slow for me)
Wish they didn't force EMS on people.

Also the BD for LWA has half the bitrate for the short that the original Anime Mirai disk had and is littered with banding which kinda breaks the deal even more.

it has half the bitrate? I cant tell.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Diamond no Ace Episode 23:

Alright, we finally get to see Sawamura debut on the grand stage and shockingly it isn't a total disaster. He still has many flaws with his ball control but something that was highlighted here that has not been mentioned before is his shockingly effective fielding skills. Anyway, the first half of this episode dragged on for far too long because they wanted us to have feelings for the jobber team and that just wasn't going to happen. I appreciate the characterization but still, yea, not caring about the team I barely know. They also bring up an excellent point, Four Seam would be an excellent name for a rapper. Anyway, it is off to the semi-final round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom