• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Clannad After Story 2

I just noticed it in this episode, but it feels to me that the production values have really jumped in quality a lot. Not sure if that's actually the case or if i wasn't paying enough attention in the last 24 episodes.

Wizard Barristers 7
'
You just happen to find a Japanese girl.... who is studying to be a Wizard Barrister.... with two girls in a car that happen to be Wizard Barristers....

There's some stinky shit going on here.

And not surprisingly, Hotaru is still the worst girl here, and this doesn't change after finding out some info on her.

Vito

Banned
They sold the Anime Mirai discs at TAF last year so that was expected (and I think I saw photos of them being sold at Machi Asobi). The only interesting thing are the event bonus cards, implying there might be a wider distribution.

Shipping for LWA1 is kinda crazy. Don't like EMS at all. SAL is about as fast I find and it saves me from the customs overhead. (which is why EMS is so slow for me)
Wish they didn't force EMS on people.

Also the BD for LWA has half the bitrate for the short that the original Anime Mirai disk had and is littered with banding which kinda breaks the deal even more.

The half bitrate, some typos in the booklet and the Japanese insistence on EMS is why I haven't bothered. Waiting for a friend to split the overhead costs with.

The extra material outweights the halved bitrate but it still leaves a bitter aftertaste.

Midonin

Wizard Barristers 10

So we have a fairly standard
two warring magical factions, one of whom wants to take over/destroy the world
going on underneath all the lawyer stuff. I was a bit surprised that
Shark Knight
are actually good guys. The Muppet Show reunion going on in the middle of the show was entertaining.

Doki Doki Precure - Things that were considered for it

Source of this was from the Doki Doki Precure complete book, but...

Mana was supposed to become seitokaicho later in the series like Reika.
Alice was supposed to go to the same school as the others.
Alice's rejected engagements (as mentioned in the movie) would have gotten its own episode.
Alice's mother's name is Yotsuba Shouko.
Alice has an older brother, named Yotsuba Hiromichi.
Hiromichi was a former seitokaicho of Mana's school, and he was the one who inspired Mana to help everyone.
Mana would eventually fall in love with him.
the idea then was dropped because it would make Mana out of character.
after Hiromichi, the writers also considered Jun and Mana to fall in love with each other. But it was also dropped, because there's no point for her to fall for him.
before Hiromichi and Jun, there were plans to make Mana fall in love with Joe. Got shot down in an instant.
the jealousy episode (episode 10) was supposed to be more "extreme".
the writers wanted to develop Rikka and Ira's relationship more, but they thought it would be too "mature" for Precure. They refer those two as "star-crossed lovers".
the writers, character designer, and series director want to make a spinoff-sequel focusing on the Cures' daily lives.
the other two Jikochuu agents are Lust (from "lust" duh) and Goma (from "gouman", Japanese for "pride").
Lust and Goma died fighting Sword's teammates.
Sword became a Cure a month before the invasion. As such, she didn't bond much with her teammates.
the ending was supposed to be
everyone related to Trump Kingdom leaving because of the connection between the worlds is severed. MakoP put the last concert as a goodbye.
Empress' team followed Tarot motifs. The Glaive's Cure is Cure Magician, and the Crown's Cure is Cure Priestess.

Eat shit Nikaido
I dont know what to think about this..
Some ideas should have been kept (everyone on the same school, mana a little powerfull ) but some ideas are not that great

Link Man

Banned
Non Non Biyori 4

Another fun little episode, even if it is a bit laid back in the second half. Love Natsumi's antics and Renge's complete fascination with modern conveniences.

Also, this episode provided a useful reaction image:

i86oLzhmV101S.jpg

Princess Tutu 13

Fate was defied, through the power of the dance of the Forever Alone to convey the feeling of penetration through interpretive dance. And so, Rue is destined to eat crow for the rest of her existence, or at least in my head canon, and Fakir no longer has anyone, unless he too attempts to condone bestiality to love a Duck, also part of my head canon.

Those gears have cracks yo. Fuck you Salad Dressimeyer.

Well, I'm not exactly sure where things will go from here. We have the plot wrapped up, but I guess we're going into Slice of Life with suffering? Also fuck those two friends.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Princess Tutu 13

Fate was defied, through the power of the dance of the Forever Alone to convey the feeling of penetration through interpretive dance. And so, Rue is destined to eat crow for the rest of her existence, or at least in my head canon, and Fakir no longer has anyone, unless he too attempts to condone bestiality to love a Duck, also part of my head canon.

Those gears have cracks yo. Fuck you Salad Dressimeyer.

Well, I'm not exactly sure where things will go from here. We have the plot wrapped up, but I guess we're going into Slice of Life with suffering? Also fuck those two friends.
Deeper, go deeper.

Baccano!
My final impression on this anime is....not good! The show goes through ups and downs, sometimes being great and sometimes awful. However, there were too many awful moments and not enough great. I feel like I just watched a hollowed out show where no real story was ever contrived. Also...Ladd. Hated him. Any time he was on screen made me cringe.

But hey! At least the dub was amazing.

Jex

I like the idea that people who regularly watch modern anime could possibly be bothered by ponies. It's pretty silly.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I like the idea that people who regularly watch modern anime could possibly be bothered by ponies. It's pretty silly.
Look. My Little Pony is for little girls. Anime on the other hand is for sophisticated adults such as myself who appreciate deep stories and multi dimensional characters.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Doki Doki Precure - Things that were considered for it

Source of this was from the Doki Doki Precure complete book, but...

Mana was supposed to become seitokaicho later in the series like Reika.
Alice was supposed to go to the same school as the others.
Alice's rejected engagements (as mentioned in the movie) would have gotten its own episode.
Alice's mother's name is Yotsuba Shouko.
Alice has an older brother, named Yotsuba Hiromichi.
Hiromichi was a former seitokaicho of Mana's school, and he was the one who inspired Mana to help everyone.
Mana would eventually fall in love with him.

the idea then was dropped because it would make Mana out of character.
after Hiromichi, the writers also considered Jun and Mana to fall in love with each other. But it was also dropped, because there's no point for her to fall for him.
before Hiromichi and Jun, there were plans to make Mana fall in love with Joe. Got shot down in an instant.

the jealousy episode (episode 10) was supposed to be more "extreme".
the writers wanted to develop Rikka and Ira's relationship more, but they thought it would be too "mature" for Precure. They refer those two as "star-crossed lovers".
the writers, character designer, and series director want to make a spinoff-sequel focusing on the Cures' daily lives.
the other two Jikochuu agents are Lust (from "lust" duh) and Goma (from "gouman", Japanese for "pride").
Lust and Goma died fighting Sword's teammates.
Sword became a Cure a month before the invasion. As such, she didn't bond much with her teammates.
the ending was supposed to be
everyone related to Trump Kingdom leaving because of the connection between the worlds is severed. MakoP put the last concert as a goodbye.
Empress' team followed Tarot motifs. The Glaive's Cure is Cure Magician, and the Crown's Cure is Cure Priestess.

Eat shit Nikaido

Thank god none of this shit happened. Would've dropped DokiDoki in a heartbeat and would never acknowledge its existence in the Precure series.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Look. My Little Pony is for little girls. Anime on the other hand is for sophisticated adults such as myself who appreciate deep stories and multi dimensional characters.

haha, yeah I also found it weird people can be bothered by one and the other

Articalys

Tonari no Seki-kun ep.11

I love it when they're working together towards a common goal. The music was fantastic too.

Maeda-kun is nofunallowed.jpg personified.

Princess Tutu 14

Those fucking moles man. More sexual metaphors came into play. Blonde friend is still terrible. Fakir has became a wing man of sorts.
Rue being a shit still

I think I just grasped what the idea behind Act 2 will be, and willing to see how things go
Apparently being a shit is a disease as Rue has shown us. Mytho will slowly but surely, become a shit when he sees good things. Welp.

Gazoinks

Tonari no Seki-kun 11

Yokoi isn't even pretending to not be interested anymore. Which is good, because the best ones are the ones where she gets involved. Kuma-san is pretty badass.

Is the twist at the end of the series that Seki-kun is actually a ninja in training

Anybody still watching that show?

I'm not.

You're missing out as its one of the better plot driven shows this season. The last four episodes have been back to back gamechangers completely working well to show that a good story can be intricately interwoven with great mechanical action and superb music to deliver a fun, emotional, and wholly immersive anime.

survivor

Banned
Clannad After Story 3

The moe levels were off the charts in this episode. Also that popular gif of Mei was from this episode as well.

Outside of that, this
has been a weird story arc. Sunohara dating Nagisa's mom, Mei rebelling pretending she has an older boyfriend, all the drama seems pretty forced.

5 Centimeters Per Second

I expected to feel sad and I got what I wanted. Looks quite nice and as always I like piano music to go with my sad anime so that gets a thumbs up from me. I liked how it was 3 separate short stores but everything involved Takaki. And everything is realistic too without any particular fantasy elements, so that's a nice change. Will buy a copy.

9/10.

The Garden of Words isn't on Cruchyroll so I watched Crossroad instead since it said (New) and the image/description looked interesting... Uh, yeah... How about putting in the description that it's just an ad and nothing else Crunchyroll...

Mondy

Banned
Nisekoi episode 10

As a firm member of Team Onodera, can I just say...

God fucking damnit.

Clannad After Story 3

The moe levels were off the charts in this episode. Also that popular gif of Mei was from this episode as well.

Outside of that, this
has been a weird story arc. Sunohara dating Nagisa's mom, Mei rebelling pretending she has an older boyfriend, all the drama seems pretty forced.

You're only just watching After Story now? Oh boy, aren't you in for a hell of a ride.

I have no issues with the MLP show.

The Sonic tier fanart that comes out of it is another story.

One Piece 636

Gotta love Bart's nonchalant attitude throughout the match.

lol that Luffy face when he outs himself in front of Cabbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom