• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
AnimeGAF's Queen of Moe

ibr2JaIqtg8R1S.gif

EDIT: Ooh ekk. That was meant to be a response to Admiral Woofington's post on the page before, not a top of the page post.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I mean it was NeoGAF's 23rd favourite show...

23rd? Jesus NeoGAF. That's terrible! I think all those OP changes hypnotised them and they just couldn't think straight. It's the only explanation for it being so high.

Ignore the haters dawg, judge it by your own standards. A large part of the hate here is from them saying it tries to be smarter than it actually is, but the show itself is more than liked in other communities. Dat hive-mind

Gazoinks

Ignore the haters dawg, judge it by your own standards. A large part of the hate here is from them saying it tries to be smarter than it actually is, but the show itself is more than liked in other communities. Dat hive-mind

I plan on watching it eventually, but it's kind of mid-priority anyway. :p I have some other backlog stuff I want to clean up first.

Ojamajo Doremi ♯ - Episodes 11-20

A great set of episodes here, the show is getting better and better as it goes along. Episode 16 was great with Hana's Spiderman-esque crawling abilites on show making for some great comedy. I especially loved the bit when she was playing around on the PC, so cute!

Although the best episode of the lot has to be Episode 20 hands down. Of course it's another Aiko focused episode so I was prepared for a difficult one especially as she
was meeting her mother in person for the first time since their parents divorce.
What I wasn't prepared for was
the reason behind the divorce was that Aiko's Mother had a miscarriage.
I couldn't believe it. I felt heartbroken at the whole thing, yet I was glad
that Aiko got the reason behind it all.

Like they say in the opening, it can make my flat feelings turn sharp!

kiryogi

Banned
So just noticing from Uchouten Kazoku and Witch Craft Works, but when did Mamiko Noto start doing more alpha roles? I'm so used to her being her signature beta passive style. Or maybe I'm just out of touch, but I actually like this Noto more.

kiryogi

Banned
Jesus this reference never gets old.

Comment of the season.

I'm trying to find Sakurai but there's too many works listed. He doesn't seem to have anything notable for me. Besides Suzaku in Code Geass and the bad guy in Psycho-Pass.

Also what's the brother from Blue Exorcist doing in my Noragami? He's right there on the website.

Cloud in Final Fantasy VII, Asbel in Tales of Graces . . . Sakurai has an extensive list. XD But yeah, I think most folks see him as Suzaku

Yuyushiki 7

This episode was pretty damn yuri from the outset, but it wasn't until Yuzuko wondered to herself whether or not Yui's clitoris tasted good that I thought "what is happening?". I'm usually on board with the tone of the yuri in the show, but it's less amusing when it's this void of subtlety. The show itself made a joke about crossing the line though, so it's probably a one off. Still, the episode was just less enjoyable than the last few, and even the art felt off in a few places. Hopefully the next one is better.

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure! 3

So, uh, guys, is it just me…

ifbgNQXamdfv1.gif

…or would Inori make an amazing yandere?

(She's actually incredibly sweet and I love her to bits, but there's just something about those eyes…)

Got Kino's Journey in from Amazon yesterday and watched the first two episodes. I really like it, but holy crap does it have an awful DVD transfer. Hopefully there's someone willing to do a rescue/rerelease and at least clean it up some.

Maybe I am remembering things wrong, but do you mean the noticeable lines in the background? I believe that may have been intentional to give the series a different vibe (for a lack of better term...), kind of like Boogiepop Phantom, Serial Experiments Lain, and Texhnolyze.

Nordicus

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 4

Detective/Inquisitor Touka here isn't being very subtle

Tr9ZcWD.jpg

*immediate door opening*

zcullIa.jpg

Since I don't understand Japanese, it kind of bothers me that I can't tell whether Touka's VA is either a bit wooden or just wonderfully deadpan. Something about his delivery just makes me chuckle at times

Theonik

Well I'm talking about myself in that case. I have an adopted five-year-old sister, so I find the show relatable in a lot of ways, minus the single parent stuff.
Yeah I meant it's not applicable in my case!

Witch Craft Works - Episode 5

This episode has...

- Ayako Kawasumi and Sayaka Ohara in an imaginary wedding! <3

- Miyuki Sawashiro as a CG villain! :O

- Mamiko Noto as a mystery character!

- And Rie Kugimiya returns after the ED! ^_^
RIP Zach.

Ojamajo Doremi &#9839; - Episodes 11-20

A great set of episodes here, the show is getting better and better as it goes along. Episode 16 was great with Hana's Spiderman-esque crawling abilites on show making for some great comedy. I especially loved the bit when she was playing around on the PC, so cute!

Although the best episode of the lot has to be Episode 20 hands down. Of course it's another Aiko focused episode so I was prepared for a difficult one especially as she
was meeting her mother in person for the first time since their parents divorce.
What I wasn't prepared for was
the reason behind the divorce was that Aiko's Mother had a miscarriage.
I couldn't believe it. I felt heartbroken at the whole thing, yet I was glad
that Aiko got the reason behind it all.

Like they say in the opening, it can make my flat feelings turn sharp!

At the pace you're moving at, you're taking down even us long time Doremi fans in terms of speed. But yeah, that reason was rather... unexpected in all honesty.

Fresh Precure! 3

ifbgNQXamdfv1.gif

(She's actually incredibly sweet and I love her to bits, but there's just something about those eyes…)

Everyone's eyes looks souless in Fresh Precure. It's creepy

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
gashikunFLCL: Now I have a new book to buy!

At the pace you're moving at, you're taking down even us long time Doremi fans in terms of speed. But yeah, that reason was rather... unexpected in all honesty.
Doremi doesn't hold back! Fuck demographics!

Phi brain - kami no puzzle S3 - 18
Phi%20Brain%20-%20Kami%20no%20Puzzle%20S3%20-%2018.jpg

No .

Just no.
Thank you nonoha , thank you , you played your role and that was magnificent ... this was also a nice backstory that was presented , clearing THE QUESTION : why is nonoha at root gakuen since she can't do puzzles ?

Orpheus is a clear *sshole, and i'm talking about the bit with ratsel , the trap with kaito and freecelle was evil too , but that was within my expectations.. however ratsel is "again" in a very hard situation and it probably won't be a situation where she would be able to make it out alone.

Hyped ( again ) for next week, gyamon time finally with hopefully a nice reveal at the end.*

"Smart high root academy" was prevented, thankfully , only DTL would be able to watch phi brain if it were like this.

Doremi doesn't hold back! Fuck demographics!

I'm going though this so quickly because I'm not really watching much else (Just GBF, KLK, Log Horizon and BuddyFight(lol)). Plus I haven't got as much work to do at the moment so lots of free time to watch it!

Also yeah, Doremi really goes above and beyond it's demographic. It's quite astonishing how quickly it can switch from lighthearted comedy to gripping drama. I haven't seen a show quite like it.

Youkai Watch 1
The opening was fairly fun but it was rather boring first episode. There were a couple of the gags that got me to chuckle a bit but not particularly.

Thoraxes

This episode has...

- Mamiko Noto as a mystery character! :D

Alright alright, I will watch this show now.
(my little monster) (manga)

I think Natsume hooks up with
Sasayan
in the end, which is like,
good job.

Oooooo.

(my little monster) (manga)

I think Natsume hooks up with
Sasayan
in the end, which is like,
good job.

There's some teasing and hinting towards that but I don't think it goes all the way yet.

Though there is literally the last chapter still untranslated yet.

EDIT: Oh, looks like there's even more of the series now with vol.13 and additional in-coming side stories coming out. Woo, more of the series to come.

Fresh Precure! 3

ifbgNQXamdfv1.gif

Let me check .... no , no yandere doujins on the horizon nor in my collection ...

It's just you.

This episode has...
- Mamiko Noto as a mystery character! :D

*nods.

Articalys

If I'm going to start filling some of the gaps of my Ghibli resume, which of the following should I tackle first:

- My Neighbor Totoro
- Kiki's Delivery Service
- Porco Rosso
- Whisper of the Heart

Responses outside of the given list will be ignored.

Jarmel

Banned
If I'm going to start filling some of the gaps of my Ghibli resume, which of the following should I tackle first:

- My Neighbor Totoro
- Porco Rosso
- Whisper of the Heart

Porco Rosso easily but the majority opinion will probably be Whisper of the Heart.

Theonik

- My Neighbor Totoro
- Porco Rosso
- Whisper of the Heart

- My Neighbor Totoro
- Porco Rosso
- Whisper of the Heart

Kiki's Delivery Service or My Neighbor Totoro.

Inari Kon Kon 4
A very cute episode but it did basically use pretty much every festival trope aside from that goldfish scooping game. The brother is still fairly funny. Also, liking the possible :SDBurton relationship between Sumizome and Sanjo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom