• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saint Seiya OMEGA Episode 89
tumblr_n0joisjL9p1qfnqhso2_500.jpg
tumblr_n0joisjL9p1qfnqhso3_500.jpg

Best insert song for the best moments, everyone got so good and amazing for it to live up to the name of the show
Want to see Subaru, but that dark side of his. I thought he was embracing it even giggling at its proposals but then there at the end to be kind of frightened for it. I dont know what it even means and such

You're not alone. She's the wrong kind of Tsundre. Probably my least favorite girl. Thankfully -
we don't see much of her going forward
Semi-spoiler, although don't be afraid to look.

I liked a somewhat similar character in School Rumble. Had a lot more episodes to get to know that character though, so that helped.

The World God Only Knows 04

Buggiest game ever. I would have given up ages ago if I had gotten a game like this.

Liked this game character more than Mio in the last episode. Some funny bits as well, but not all of them were my kind of humor, so it was not as good as episode 2.

Midonin

Sky Girls 06-08

Two of these episodes have bath scenes, and the last one is set at a hot spring. The show's certainly not avoiding either of its contrasting sides. Because the return of the Worms has been steadily building up here - it's hardly coming out of nowhere. I like how the girl they rescued when the air show was stopped became the catalyst for the hot springs plot. Little things like that building on each other makes for a pretty cohesive show.

The most Strike Witches-y moment was the entire first half of episode 6. Otoha finds a bra in the washing machine and tries to figure out who it belongs to. The episode is titled "Nanae's Secret".
Nanae is stacked for her age, even with the character design this show uses.
There's also the Chekhov's wall for the hot springs. When you have a hot springs wall, someone's either going to crawl up it or have it fall. Though it was the girl who made it fall in this case.

Spending these first eight episodes in a non-military setting I've enjoyed. I feel like I know the main cast, the status quo, what they have to fight for. Because it looks like the following rest of the series will be closer to the OVAs.

I liked a somewhat similar character in School Rumble. Had a lot more episodes to get to know that character though, so that helped.

Not enough defining characteristics of this Mio to really make her stand out. Oddly enough, a recent Japanese popularity poll has her as the #2 most popular character which is simply baffling. They must love her type of Tsundre.

The World God Only Knows 04

Liked this game character more than Mio in the last episode. Some funny bits as well, but not all of them were my kind of humor, so it was not as good as episode 2.

I wrote the same thing in my Ep 4 review. lol

Articalys

Didn't realize they announced the time earlier today, but Robot Girls Z is now live on Crunchyroll for anyone waiting for that.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/robot-girls-z

The first group of three episodes (the ones that aired back in January) are available for everyone, but episodes 4-6 are premium only for the next week. They'll deal with the streaming times for the final set closer to March.

Desert Punk Dub 18

Punk really is smart despite his boob loving exterior. Budget clearly has gone to shit though with a solid minute on Junko's face not moving.

Adding, I get the government is evil, but I feel like this series doesn't have enough running time left to give this plot thread the time it deserves.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Episode 12:

Oh hey, look what show decided to bring an epic climax to the proceedings instead of
throw the villain down the well and spend 30 seconds escaping.
Yea, I like this a fair bit more then the first season encounter.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I was rewatching the Golden Time OP PV and noticed that in the party scene at the end, pretty much everyone else in the room aside from Yui Horie is American/European/not Japanese. Don't know why that struck me as weird, but it did. :lol

Also Yui Horie is a goddess. Not sure if I've mentioned that yet or not.

<-----

Link Man

Banned
The Devil is a Part-Timer! 1+2

or

The Hero is a Tsundere!

Yes, this is what I chose to fill the slot vacated by Space Dandy, and thus far I'm enjoying it quite a bit more. Granted, it may have something to do with the fact that I used to work at McDonalds, but I found it funny and amusing.

The Devil is a Part-Timer starts out very strong then devolves into typical comedy with harem hijinks because they just HAD to introduce more girls. They should have stuck with one girl and focused on the fish out of water comedy

Dresden

The Devil is a Part-Timer starts out very strong then devolves into typical comedy with harem hijinks because they just HAD to introduce more girls. They should have stuck with one girl and focused on the fish out of water comedy

The show started with two girls and ended with three. Not really an issue.

The biggest problem was that it didn't have enough bromance.

Link Man

Banned

Well, I made it through both Negima animes, so harem hijinks aren't a complete turnoff for me.

The show started with two girls and ended with three. Not really an issue.

The biggest problem was that it didn't have enough bromance.

The fish out of water worked really well with the bromance, when they only had each other to rely on. And yeah I correct myself, it didn't end with a huge harem but later episodes decided to focus on the girls and their relationship with him.

If they had turned this into supernatural Nichibros it would have been a better show.

I mean Nichibros did just fine with a cast of mostly bros, look at all those characters
4ghAKwT.gif

Maybe I am remembering things wrong, but do you mean the noticeable lines in the background? I believe that may have been intentional to give the series a different vibe (for a lack of better term...), kind of like Boogiepop Phantom, Serial Experiments Lain, and Texhnolyze.

It is a quite old transfer, but are you referring to lines across the screen, because thats a filter thats supposed to be there.

Yea, I stand corrected. I guess I just find the effect distracting. But knowing this now will help. It's the only thing so far about the show that I don't like, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Defuser

Inari,Konkon,Koi Iroha ep 4

Ugh, here comes the worst relationship that ever grace the series, the sdburton relationship of Keiko and Sumizome.

More Touka and Uka-sama please.

Ugh, here comes the worst relationship that ever grace the series, the sdburton relationship of Keiko and Sumizome.

FwjfXR2.gif

You have good taste, sir. Yes the yuri drama is unnecessary and frankly turns me off from the manga, but dat uka-sama and touka chemistry just makes me keep chugging on because it's too good.

Desert Punk Dub 19

Start of what I imagine is the final arc of the anime, story got really dark and serious and was mostly set up, still enjoyable though.

cajunator

Banned
Oddly enough, cajun doesn't like Nendoroids.

I dont collect Nendos no.

Maken-Ki! Two 4

The yuri is strong this week. NSFW

Makes up for the lackluster bathing scenes being reduced to a montage.

Because WHY would anyone think montaging the bathing scenes is a good idea?

Could have at least made delicious chocolate play with one of her friends (preferably Haruko) while the water droplets were coming down.

Short black haired girl is a cutie. Dunno who she is.

Didn't realize they announced the time earlier today, but Robot Girls Z is now live on Crunchyroll for anyone waiting for that.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/robot-girls-z

The first group of three episodes (the ones that aired back in January) are available for everyone, but episodes 4-6 are premium only for the next week. They'll deal with the streaming times for the final set closer to March.

YESSSSSSSS

Soma

The whole Keiko and Sumizone thing would actually be really nice if Keiko wasn't being such a butt where the manga currently is at the moment.

Westlo

Hopefully. I've given HxH a break because I feel that it's better to watch multiple episodes of this show in succession, rather than once a week. But if that scene from the manga happens next episode, then I'll pick it up again.

Yeah, much better to watch a heap of episodes together. Just don't let too many build up lol, I still have like two episodes left of the greed island arc plus everything else to catch up on.

Midonin

Robot Girls Z 01 (rewatch) + 02

This may only be a 3-episode miniseries/OVA, but it's in the running to be one of my favorite series of the season, length be damned. It's got all the best parts of Sunred, Nyarko, and even a bit of Love Pheromone in there. Comedy, a bit of lewdness, mindless destruction, everything I'd want for a good time.

I've never seen the original Mazinger series, even if their influence is still felt to this day, but it's clear that's not strictly necessary to enjoy the series. (Even if Toei is using the Robot Girls to sell the rereleases of their inspirations.) Mariko Honda's performance as Z is amazing, calling to mind some of her more boisterous Yukko moments. Everyone else is excellent too. The way Posas was flat out ignored during the fishing episode was great.

Minerva
being a trap took me by surprise. Given the context of the original Minerva it makes sense, but nothing about the character design indicated it. That's more Jun level than Hideyoshi level.
Seeing the other Robot Girls was one of my favorite sketches. "Nobody even knows who you guys are!" "Why does she get a drill? I'm not jealous!" Then there's the Gre/Z under the influence of music scene. Pilder On, indeed.

The opening is catchy, and the ED, even if it is similar to a few other songs, is a nice listen. Can't wait for the third episode, and am really glad CR picked this up. Wonderful blending of retro and modern and comedy.

Articalys

Small idea that was floating around in my head just now: when we get closer to April, would people be interested in a sort of Simulcast Bingo game? Make a standard 25-space bingo board using shows from the Spring season, cross them off as they get announced for simulcast, first person (or two or three people if anyone else is willing to chip in) to get bingo wins a nominal prize (something like $5-10 in Steam money, or a month of Crunchyroll Anime or Funimation EVS or whatnot).

I don't know what to expect with onee chan ga kita, but knowing the show the hot guy will fall for the little brother too. In fact everybody will fall for the little brother. Even the little brother himself when he looks in the mirror.

Dresden

Glad to see filthy gaijin learning about the intricacies of Japanese honorifics.

And with exalted status will now come Olympian news media coverage in the United States. The Yankees signed Tanaka, 25, to a $155 million, seven-year contract last month, and Tanaka-sama (sama is a designation of great respect) will now be joining a Yankees team that already has two revered Japanese players on its roster in Ichiro Suzuki and Hiroki Kuroda.

;_;7

JoeFu

Banned
Lol so Google Now just let me know that rightstuf has new content and it linked me to some hentai. Thanks Google Now....

I had no idea that site even sold them. Only thing I bought from there was Baccano.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom