• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver Spoon S2 5
UNx5xqF.jpg

Quasar

Golden Time 17

Damn those 23 minutes flew right by. I'm getting a huge "shit's about to get real" vibe from this episode, especially as it looks like
Mitsuo is piecing together the connection between Banri and Linda. Speaking of which, it didn't even occur to me until the ending that Mitsuo never found out about Banri's condition.
Also loved
Mitsuo's face at the end, the "we've known each other and been friends since we were little, I know when you're trying to pull a fast one" face.

I really liked this episode too. A nice change of pace from the high emotions stuff of recent weeks. I was actually kind of shocked by the Mitsuo stuff. Well shocked might not be the right word.

Him not knowing anything about Banris past. I mean at least knowing that he had an accident that caused memory loss. I'd be kind of stunned I think about that if i was Mitsuo.

cajunator

Banned
Oh please please please let it happen.

I was just looking up that survery the other day to see if this ever came out of it and walked away disappointed it wasn't.

I'd really love if they released it. I'd pre-order even.

HD Ice witch, BEAR.

Desert Punk Dub 21

Feels like this should have been the final episode unless they plan to do more with the rebellion plot in the next few episodes. Still really surprised they are just rolling with this
Punk is dead Kosuna is the new Punk
plot line, truly wasn't expeting it at all

Heheeeeee

I have remarked that some dates are japanese traditionnal holidays (Obon, Shuubun no Hi); they may have a deeper signification, but I couldn't find any setting aside the obvious ones (day of deads...).

I miss those complex, unlinear anime series (like Boogiepop). Are there any recent series you would recommend ? I keep hearing about Steins Gate, but I'm not too keen on VN anime adaptations... ?

Steins Gate is awesome. One of my favorite series in recent years.
Watched it several times now and its just as good.

Naruto Shippuden 349

Mother of god.

Anbu Kakashi's past being revealed?

Minato becoming the 4th Hokage?

Orochimaru still with Konoha?

I don't even remember when was the last time I was this genuinely excited for Naruto.

Samurai Flamenco Episode 16

Well that was an eye opening scene with MMM cant believe that made it in here animated even. Wow. In any case its going in the direction I had hoped for, hyped for the next events with Masayoshi.

----
Also todays anime pickup, Kuroko figure, so cool.

Narag

Diebuster 4
oN0u5T9l.png

QK16ySXl.png

Growing up sucks.

Buster Machine No. 7 appearing is my third favorite moment in this show. Second is the beginning of episode 5 and the first being Lal'C dressed like Noriko and talking to the forlorn Nono in the last. Secret number one favorite moment is the series ending though.

Just caught up with Gundam Build Fighters. This show is cool, and awesome.

Also: Finland chick is kinda hawt.

Oh. My home country being refered in anime. Maybe I should catch up with GBF. Actually considering the size of Finland we are being refered fairly often in different anime series. Maybe that is because Moomins were so popular in Japan...

Link Man

Banned
Kino's Journey 9

A true mindfuck of an episode. Really interesting stuff, and some nice commentary.
The hall of critics is NeoGAF.

cajunator

Banned
Alright, just ordered Spice & Wolf as my birthday present.

Youve bought yourself a very nice gift.

Kino's Journey 3-4

Episode 3 goes into some very interesting territory, especially once it all comes together at the end.
It's especially sad that one country feels it needs to annihilate another due to their interpretation of what they believe to be "prophesy"
. I feel like I've got more to say about this episode but will need to organize my thoughts and probably revisit it again.

Then there's episode 4, which was a fascinating and at times disturbing look into Kino's past, and how the journey began...or more importantly, how Kino "became" Kino. It was also pretty cool to see Hermes's origin.

About that episode..
I actually consider Kino's gender a spoiler.
Lots of excellent thought provoking happenings lie ahead.

Short new PV for Spring noitaminA series Ryūgajō Nanana no Maizōkin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qFqSTM_6Cg

New cast members confirmed: Kana Asumi, Kana Hanazawa (...is there any show she isn't in by now?), and Kazuyuki Okitsu.

Site update has some sweet new character art too:
http://www.nanana.tv/

Asumin voices the girl with the hat, HanaKana is the girl in the maid outfit, and Okitsu is the guy in glasses.

TANNED MAID HANAZAWA BEST GIRL.

That's maybe a little too specific for NeoGAF, man. :lol

Ehh. I live in Lafayette, Louisiana. come at me bros!

I mean I get it, but one thing is to tolerate them because you recognize it's the other side of the same coin, another side is to straight up dislike them because it's the complete opposite of what appeals to you. Not everybody reacts the same so I was curious.

Well it's more in the lines in that when referring to SDburton and DTL, they're like... the extreme opposites basically.

Samurai Flamenco 16

That was the OP we waited weeks for? lol

Well whatever. Pretty slow episode but I'm excited to see what happens next week.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ehh. I live in Lafayette, Louisiana. come at me bros!

Hahaha, like I said, it's not really that big of a deal. Just makes me feel slightly uncomfortable, is all. Also, speaking of, I still want to hang out one of these days, Link Man!

Also, cajun, it's weird. I always thought I'd been to Lafayette several times when I was young, but then a few years back I looked at a map and Lafayette is waaaaaay too far from where I lived for me to have ever been, much less multiple times. I have no idea why I always thought I'd been there (I grew up closer to Alexandria).

Quasar

PS4 app works better for me than PC, except for one show that loads crappy whenever it comes out (Samurai Flamenco)

They all (well web, ipad, appletv, ps3, ps4) seem to work the same for me. Its mostly just a choose of which interface I prefer. That Samurai Flamenco is weird though, I don't see it. I take it its not just a bandwidth issue.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Samurai Flamenco 7

Nope.

Just no fucking way.

*this* close to dropping the show right now after the last 5 minutes or so of this episode.

Midonin

I'm of the opinion that I liked Samumenco more after the twist in episode 7. It became
a real toku show
, which is what I was looking for going in.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm not going to though. I'm seriously torn by this episode.

On the one hand I was really loving the show for what it was. But man, where its going, SIGN ME THE FUCK UP.

A FUCKING GORILLA THAT HAS A GUILLOTINE.

YO WHAT THE FUCK MAN.

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKK.

JoeFu

Banned
I'm not going to though. I'm seriously torn by this episode.

On the one hand I was really loving the show for what it was. But man, where its going, SIGN ME THE FUCK UP.

A FUCKING GORILLA THAT HAS A GUILLOTINE.

YO WHAT THE FUCK MAN.

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKK.

it only gets better.... or worse depending on what you're wanting from the show

I freaking love it though

Kill la Kill Episode 17 - Tell Me Why

Mataros outfit was hilarious. And presentation wise the song for the great entrance and speech was perfect especially the opening instrumental part of it. Definitely becoming best song on the ost.

Otherwise I think it kind of failed to be shocking or in anyway exciting. Unless I missed something it just never seemed like they establishes Ragyo as someone one would even care about due to the limited screentime so to see her backstabbed just came across as yet another event, then the pv for the next episode and how safe she is, well.

They all (well web, ipad, appletv, ps3, ps4) seem to work the same for me. Its mostly just a choose of which interface I prefer. That Samurai Flamenco is weird though, I don't see it. I take it its not just a bandwidth issue.

It's an issue that only occurs for me when the episode has JUST been released that day, where the quality is ass. Like 3 pixels and audio recorded from a potato. It works fine in the PC though so I tend to watch them there. It still is weird though.

That is not what I signed up for in my anime.

Haha all right, question answered

Samurai Flamenco 7

Nope.

Just no fucking way.

*this* close to dropping the show right now after the last 5 minutes or so of this episode.

3 episode rule ain't gonna work here haha. But in all honesty yes the show goes full retard, keep watching though see if it appeals to you.

Is Mysterious Girlfriend X good? I vaguely remember hearing about it one time.
Theeeere we go. :p

It's very unique. Think a regular high school romance anime with a gross twist to it. Basically it involves a lot of saliva. I'd recommend that and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia if you ever want to see the more interesting/weird romance animes. Especially the latter since it gets very dark at points.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Chu22 05:

I don't know why you guys are hating I thought this was a pretty fun concept, and surprised that it's a real thing.

Now I want KyoAni to combine Chu2 with Free.

"I only nap Freestyle."

Gbraga

Onee-chan ga Kita 5

Why does the superior sister show have to be only 3 minutes long?

Would gladly sacrifice the other two inferior shows for more time.

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Ichika definitely deserves a lot more time TT_TT

EDIT: Just watched it, I always feel so sad when it's over. It would be so cool if they had more time to develop their relationship. Ichika is so adorable >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom