• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gatchaman Crowds 1

Weird introduction. Something feels off about the animation or the character designs, can't quite put my hand on it but something looks a bit too... plain? clean? I don't know. Either ways I'm not the biggest fan of the moe protagonist so far. We'll see how it goes.

The World God Only Knows 05

tg3l0aI.jpg

Cute
and crazy.
Nice songs and a pretty funny episode. And... huh? What's with that ending?
She disappeared?

About that episode..
I actually consider Kino's gender a spoiler.
Lots of excellent thought provoking happenings lie ahead.

I figured, which is why I kinda danced around the the subject. I was honestly surprised, though that doesn't affect how I view her. Crazy horrible situation she had to flee from, though.

Nagi no Asukara 18

Pretty good episode, seeing
the empty ruined city and the cave of the dolls was pretty chilling. I'm not sure why Manaka was naked or actually why Hikari or Kaname woke up naked. I feel like I missed the part where their clothes disappear lol Also suck it Miuna, I will enjoy your tears.

I feel like that will be a plot point. There must be a reason the Sea Kiddos were naked while everyone else is clothed. Or maybe its just as simple as the strong currents ripping it off their body and they just floated around for 5 years.

lol @ the Miuna dig. Shes cool though.

Gbraga

You know, at first I was really into Samurai Flamenco's list-worthy twist, but after a few episodes it just got boring as fuck, and the shitty animation doesn't help. I just missed Hazama and Goto's relationship, it was pretty much the most fun thing about it.

I still didn't watch the new episode, but I'm glad with the direction it's taking in the past few episodes, focusing more on character development again, and now
they pretty much came full circle with Hazama as a fugitive, even the shots of him hiding in the city felt like the first few episodes of the show.
So I hope they can keep it up now.

I guess when you try stupid hype bullshit with no budget, it's just stupid.

Gazoinks

Kill La Kill 17

It took way too long, but I'm glad this show got good again. Decent character development, good pacing, plot development. Woo!

...Shouldn't Satsuki have stabbed Ragyo before she pressed the button?

cajunator

Banned

Goodness gracious

Hahaha, like I said, it's not really that big of a deal. Just makes me feel slightly uncomfortable, is all. Also, speaking of, I still want to hang out one of these days, Link Man!

Also, cajun, it's weird. I always thought I'd been to Lafayette several times when I was young, but then a few years back I looked at a map and Lafayette is waaaaaay too far from where I lived for me to have ever been, much less multiple times. I have no idea why I always thought I'd been there (I grew up closer to Alexandria).

Thats just an hour north. Not really too far. Easy drive. Alexandria is actually quite different from southern Louisiana. Large cultural differences even that close.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Samurai Flamenco 08

Say have you guys ever been attracted to rhinos?

You'd think after getting a report after a dude turning into a giant fucking gorilla that killed people by stuffing them into his guillotine stomach and killing a bunch of cops AND seeing some crazy ass nut job take over their TV stations - maybe, just maaaaaaybe they'd take the problem seriously and go all out to try to stop this guy.

But nah lets just let one superhero who clearly has no real superhero powers, three idol chicks and some regular ordinary policemen deal with this shit.

... Totally makes sense! Really, it does! Fucking politicians.

Literally the only normal person left in this entire show at this point is Goto.

God this show is amazing. I'm on board!

Gbraga

Samurai Flamenco 08

Say have you guys ever been attracted to rhinos?

You'd think after getting a report after a dude turning into a giant fucking gorilla that killed people by stuffing them into his guillotine stomach and killing a bunch of cops AND seeing some crazy ass nut job take over their TV stations - maybe, just maaaaaaybe they'd take the problem seriously and go all out to try to stop this guy.

But nah lets just let one superhero who clearly has no real superhero powers, three idol chicks and some regular ordinary policemen deal with this shit.

... Totally makes sense! Really, it does! Fucking politicians.

Literally the only normal person left in this entire show at this point is Goto.

God this show is amazing. I'm on board!

VIVA TORTURE!!!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Goodness gracious

Thats just an hour north. Not really too far. Easy drive. Alexandria is actually quite different from southern Louisiana. Large cultural differences even that close.

Well, I lived 50 miles north of Alexandria, so make that a two hour drive. :lol

Gbraga

If there's one thing I need to say Space Dandy not only didn't disappoint, but surpassed expectations was with the OP, Viva Namida is awesome.

Engaged to the unidentified - 05

It's .....

REVELATION TIME !!!!!

1391708365664.gif

benio was awesome , at the top of her game , all the running gag ( natto ) were ok , the romance was nice ..the reveal pretty alright and DAT mom...

The mom was actually prettty great as a character , her being lost is quite alright when you consider how complex japanese neighbourhoods are, but her vain attempts being disrupted by every sweat shop on her path made her nice, then came the REVELATIONS and she actually kicked things into gear ...we'll have some pretty nice things next week.

I have to stop myself from giffing this episode ... it was indeed quite gif worthy.

I'm about to watch it online. Tried to watch it on the crunchyroll Playstation app, but man, that thing is a pile of dog shit. It only ever seems functional for me if it's late at night and everyone is asleep.
Do the anime look really grayed out to you?
I have noticed it on a bunch of shows on there and had to make a custom tv setting just for watching on it.

Its like half the shows have a Steins;Gate filter on when viewing them on the app.

Gbraga

Engaged to the unidentified - 05

It's .....

REVELATION TIME !!!!!

benio was awesome , at the top of her game , all the running gag ( natto ) were ok , the romance was nice ..the reveal pretty alright and DAT mom...

The mom was actually prettty great as a character , her being lost is quite alrihgt when you consider how complex japanese neighbourhood are, but her vain attempts being disrupted by every sweat hop on her path made her nice, then came the REVELATIONS and she actually kicked things into gear ...we'll have some pretty nice thing next week.

I have to stop myself from giffing this episode ... it was indeed quite gif worthy.

It is time for

THE TRUE REVELATION

NOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST GET AWAY

Benio was really awesome, but she always is, so this particular episode actually made me warm up to Kobeni more, not that I didn't like her before, I really did, but now I think I love her.

Learning why Hakuya pets her head and her reaction was sooooo cute.

cajunator

Banned
Yea, just a note, Season 2 was not straying TOO far from the magical girl genre, StrikerS looks like another show produced on another planet.

StrikerS is meh. First two seasons so much better. But you might disagree who knows?

Christ. I'd like to be able to watch something on Crunchyroll without the damn video player freezing midstream, having to refresh because the video won't play any further, or having to drop down to fucking SD to watch an episode.

I think everyone has this problem. Its independent of connection quality because I have a very high one.

If there does end up being a physical release, you just know this stupid crap will be on the back of the box:

I would actually love to see that on the back box.

Yeah! We all know real costume designs put lab coats on girls in their underwear! None of this jacket nonsense! =p

Hey I never said I didnt like it.

JoeFu

Banned
Whenever I watch CR on my desktop I can't watch old shows. It doesn't load at all, but they work on my laptop for some reason. I don't get it. I hope the new player they're working on works. I'd like to continue my membership, but holy crap is it aggravating trying to watch anything.

Ojamajo Doremi ♯ - Episodes 21-35

Major plot related things happened in the last 15 episodes. The reasoning behind Oyajide
stealing Hana being a lost poker game from 1000 years ago was great especially since that's how Majo Rika lost the Maho-dou in the first series.

Not too fond of the FLAT4 at the moment. I guess it's because I like Oyajide a lot more and they haven't got as much screentime yet.

Episode 27 was the highlight of the lot for me. Mostly because of the bait and switch it ended up pulling. Making me think that
Doremi's Dad was having an affair and then it being a misunderstanding and instead making it be him guiding a woman to her late fiance's fishing spot was relieving to say the least. I was expecting the worst especially after some of the episodes that Doremi likes to pull out.

It is time for

THE TRUE REVELATION

NOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST GET AWAY

Benio was really awesome, but she always is, so this particular episode actually made me warm up to Kobeni more, not that I didn't like her before, I really did, but now I think I love her.
SO far the duo hasn't fallen is a pool of clichés , kobeni in particular has legeimate concerns about her situation and the source of her feeligns, we now know that this is part of a trauma so everything ties up pretty well
The chemistry between everyone seems pretty good ATM
1391710125778.gif

Learning why Hakuya pets her head and her reaction was sooooo cute.

Added gif for personnal pleasure

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 5

I'm watching this show for Hakuya, I don't know why I love the character so much. Maybe it is as simple as I said as having a kuudere/dandere male character in a lead position.

The reveal was obvious if you looked at the revelations last episode, but somebody should call the mom "Plot device-sama" because jesus christ way to boil everything down to an episode.

I hope they keep expanding on this plotline as I don't really care for moe girls being moe but don't mind the romance side of this anime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chu22 05:

I don't know why you guys are hating I thought this was a pretty fun concept, and surprised that it's a real thing.

Now I want KyoAni to combine Chu2 with Free.

"I only nap Freestyle."
Keion club > Baton Club > Nap club > Swim club.

Hattori

Banned
Mikakunin 5
Benio still delivering the funny while Mashiro still bringing the cute :)
also a very expected outcome

WCW 5
Very entertaining episode, but not enough Tanpopo and crew :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, I think Zel pretty much gave up on AnimeGAF so already the number is diminished, and maybe it's Stockholm or whatever, but I guess I'm one of the few people who enjoy 2Chuu2Furious. Go figure.

You know, I think Zel pretty much gave up on AnimeGAF so already the number is diminished, and maybe it's Stockholm or whatever, but I guess I'm one of the few people who enjoy 2Chuu2Furious. Go figure.

Without the awful Key drama, it's just a boringly bad comedy that there isn't much reason to watch.

I really like the song and the designs, I'd watch it for sure. What is it about?

Drama CD series just announced

The heroine is a normal second year student in high school! For some reason, love never sprouts for her. Before she knew it, she has spent 16 years of her life with no boyfriends or any history of dating. But recently, she's starting to hold slight admiration towards "them". The six princes! They're all attending different schools, but people are always talking about them all over the town. Sadly, the princes are way beyond her reach…

They will never talk to her, so there's no way she'd get the chance to have a heart-throbbing encounter with them. For you who's about to give up…This is a sweet, sweet story about the boyfriend you'll end up dating by coincidence.

Gbraga

Drama CD series just announced

The heroine is a normal second year student in high school! For some reason, love never sprouts for her. Before she knew it, she has spent 16 years of her life with no boyfriends or any history of dating. But recently, she's starting to hold slight admiration towards "them". The six princes! They're all attending different schools, but people are always talking about them all over the town. Sadly, the princes are way beyond her reach…

They will never talk to her, so there's no way she'd get the chance to have a heart-throbbing encounter with them. For you who's about to give up…This is a sweet, sweet story about the boyfriend you'll end up dating by coincidence.

Ha, that actually sounds adorable. At first I was disappointed it wasn't yaoi, but this sounds pretty cute, I'd watch it, definitely.

i haven't given up on this but i found last week episode somewhat disapointing , even if it was entertaining in some points.

I think i'll enjoy chuu2222222222 more if i watch it in pack of episodes.

This gif nearly killed me!

The target was actually cajun , but i'm don't mind collateral damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom