• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
Is it weird that the only reason I'm playing Bravely Default with JP voices is because Edea is the exact same voice as Mio from Nichijou?

Westlo

Nagi no Asukara 1

#TeamTsumugu even though he has sweet FA chance.

He is winding down now. The only recent anime score he did was for Saint Seiya Omega which had like no budget and not good. Currently he does get some work outside of anime in live action which isn't unusual with stuff like a recent Sentai or dramas but those mostly range from being cheap, awful, highly variable or has a bunch of recycling, definitely not up to par with other live action scores he has done in the past.

I've read that he jokes on his blog about being too old, so coupled with his current output he's probably bored and burnt out at the moment. Don't think being given low budget affairs helped either.

In case anyone doesn't know what else he has done, He also did The Big O, Full Metal Panic, Gunslinger Girl etc.

Now I'll shamelessly promote his Gundam Symphony albums in which he went to the London Symphony Orchestra to record on different occasions for Seed, Destiny and the 30th Anniversary.

Thanks for the info, I guess better him winding down than being overlooked, sad to see his fire is gone though. Hopefully he has a comeback project in the next 5-10 years if he gets a creative spark again and someone wants to back it.

i haven't watched the new stage movies yet ...i'm scared.

Second new stage is better than the first one,
despite having less... speaking roles than NS1.

Yeah, voices aren't distributed to everyone. To make this sound rather fucked up, only 2 characters have speaking roles in all 3 movies. Tsubomi/Blossom, and Miyuki/Happy

Second new stage is better than the first one,
despite having less... speaking roles than NS1.

Yeah, voices aren't distributed to everyone. To make this sound rather fucked up, only 2 characters have speaking roles in all 3 movies. Tsubomi/Blossom, and Miyuki/Happy

That's actually normal when you have a franchise with too many characters.Tales of for example , only pick part of their cast , you have the main roles ( aka the most populars ) and the side roles for the sake of the story.

Thoraxes

Mio is my favorite Nichijou character half because of her voice.
IbQxO.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Guess I'll play BD with JP track. Really didn't like the 5 minutes I played with it with JP and I don't like the dub either.

Also my FC is 2809 9344 1465 . If anybody here wants to my friend give me your code back thanks!

Just a nonsense chant that sounds cool iirc!

Ah well. I'll live with it.

GaoGaiGar - 8

I was going to make a comment about the shit hot-air balloon, but I don't have to! The show did it for me.

So I'm assuming whatever Guy saw in the Zonder is foreshadowing the real "big bad" of this show that's going to end up being a part of the final boss somehow.

Westlo

Samurai Flamenco 3

Da fuck they couldn't tell that Red Axe had a way deeper voice, was taller and a much bigger physique.

Samurai Flamenco 4

Master! Student! Master! Student! Master! Student!
Holy shit dat Mari Maya/Flamenco Girl, Tomatsu just out there having fun.
Oh good I was hoping she would fall for Goto instead of Flamenco, thought it might happen due to the OP.

Samurai Flamenco 5

lol was half expecting that package from his grandfather to have some captain america super serum type shit lol.
Based Flamenco girls.

Shengar

Mio is my favorite Nichijou character half because of her voice.
IbQxO.gif
This makes me want to rewatch Nichijou
(some) Shit was hilarious
Guess I'll play BD with JP track. Really didn't like the 5 minutes I played with it with JP and I don't like the dub either.

Also my FC is 2809 9344 1465 . If anybody here wants to my friend give me your code back thanks!

Can I add you?
3179-7054-4898

NeonZ

Promo for the Keroro flash anime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VMdyFRnzXio

New designs for all returning characters. Their outfits are new, while their general designs are much closer to the manga's now. Also, Tomosu, Kaneami, New Keroro and Black Star from the recent manga chapters are shown there too.

i haven't watched the new stage movies yet ...i'm scared.

The New Stage movies always focus most of their plot on movie original characters, with the Cures mostly being there for some attempts at comedy and fighting scenes. Unlike the DX movies, they also don't even bother bringing all the VAs of past Cures back (New Stage 2 at least had a better distribution of returning VAs than New Stage 1 though, which focused exclusively on Heartcatch and newer shows).

Defuser

Nou-rin ep 5

Holy fucking shit. The fujoshis, yogurt, yuyu hakusho references and the motherfucking epic jojo references.

I declare this show the best comedy show of the season.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Protecting the garden, I see you Bravely Default.

I completely forgot we're getting more Love Live! in April until they tweeted the channel list https://twitter.com/LoveLive_staff/statuses/432124928490344449 poor website already hammered. The only new thing it seems are photos of the new key visual http://polyphonicar2010.blog51.fc2.com/blog-entry-16755.html

Fuuuuuck yes!

cajunator

Banned

Yeah I recognized those from seeing both posted recently here.

Oh my heart, just came across this.

Hnnnngsquee

I think it's just supposed to represent that the glasses are so thick that you can't fully see the character's eyes.

Yeah. As someone with very thick glasses this is likely the case. Though the way my glasses are designed its only extremely thick in the edges and actually tapers much thinner in the middle of the lense.

Nou-rin ep 5

Holy fucking shit. The fujoshis, yogurt, yuyu hakusho references and the motherfucking epic jojo references.

I declare this show the best comedy show of the season.

It's pretty funny, though I think D-Frag might still be better. I wasn't expecting so much DTL. The Jojo references in the
kiss scene
were pretty great.

Sakura Trick - 05

So much yes
The whole episode was basicly more political intrigues than you could accept.

The relationship tree is getting more and more intresting to watch.

i mean ..SO MUCH YES

Second best moment of the week.

In summary , this episode was :
1391865881102.gif

cajunator

Banned
Sakura Trick - 05

So much yes
The whole episode was basicly more political intrigues than you could accept.

The relationship tree is getting more and more intresting to watch.

i mean ..SO MUCH YES

Second best moment of the week.

Yuu is so soooooooooo cute. It probably has something to do with her hair.

Defuser

Log Horizon ep 19
Awesome....this whole episode is awesome with the fights and the rain depressingly hitting down on them.

A3lG4t1.jpg

You deserve some respect Rudy.

Strike the Blood Episode 17

Much of the first part non action stuff was dull but once Vatler arrived on scene it took off. He easily wins award for best humanitarian in anime. His familiar is epic and then his plan. Hype.

I always felt Nichijou to be too forced for me to enjoy really. While comparing it to shows like Minami-ke or Azumanga it just felt as if at every single turn they were attempting to make a gag which felt fatiguing to watch. I usually don't have a problem with shows like this but this one stood out like a sore thumb for whatever reason.

Ojamajo Doremi ♯ - Episode 40

I'd like to preface this by saying that this was definately one of the best episodes of the series. I've watched the whole thing now and what I have to say about the later episodes will be in later post but since KirbYayoi requested it, I'll do a post just for this one!

As to why I liked this episode. I think it was down to the fact that it was the most relatable of the emotional character focus episodes. The good relationship between siblings and how they help each other out in times of need or in times of sadness is definately something that holds true to me and this episode was a great example of that.

I wasn't getting emotional over it but I was pretty close, especially when
they finally bought the piano and then it was placed in the exact spot the old piano was.
Also when
Pop and Doremi played their duet on the new piano, Doremi playing after years of hating the piano.

Honestly it was a good thing that Episode 41 ended up being a more humorous episode. Softens the blow so to speak!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi ♯ - Episode 40

I'd like to preface this by saying that this was definately one of the best episodes of the series. I've watched the whole thing now and what I have to say about the later episodes will be in later post but since KirbYayoi requested it, I'll do a post just for this one!

As to why I liked this episode. I think it was down to the fact that it was the most relatable of the emotional character focus episodes. The good relationship between siblings and how they help each other out in times of need or in times of sadness is definately something that holds true to me and this episode was a great example of that.

I wasn't getting emotional over it but I was pretty close, especially when
they finally bought the piano and then it was placed in the exact spot the old piano was.
Also when
Pop and Doremi played their duet on the new piano, Doremi playing after years of hating the piano.

Honestly it was a good thing that Episode 41 ended up being a more humorous episode. Softens the blow so to speak!
One thing that impresses me is the portrayal of the parents in that episode. Completely diametric from the Peanuts style incomprehensible adult, they are all too real and understandable.

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure! 9

i9l1b2QzIdE0o.png

Wester wat r u doing

Mktn knpk episode. lol, so Miki's brother and her "boyfriend" really are the same person, I thought something was off there >.> Precure purity restored xp (Though I hope someone tells poor Yuuki-kun about this development…)

Aside from that, it was a pretty standard "Cure abandons chance at achieving her dream for the sake of remaining part of the group" episode. Felt like a bit of a retread of episode 4 of GoGo, except a little more realistic, since reducing the team from three members to two feels like more of a legitimate handicap than reducing it from five to four.

On the other hand, at least Urara got a new attack and the opportunity to finish off the episode's Hoshiina herself like a boss in that episode. Miki didn't even get to land the final blow here! (Though I guess that fits in with the "moral" they came up with afterwards, saying that the important thing is all three of them being together, and they wouldn't have been able to win if any one of them had been missing.)

…Oh, and Kaoru-chan the doughnut man is a terrifying driver.

Vito

Banned
New Mahouka CMs http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1bj37q & http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1bj38w

Mahouka staff:

Director: Manabu Ono
Assistant Director: Yuuji Kumazawa
Chief Animation Director: Kana Ishida, Maho Yoshikawa, Shinichi Miyamae
Action Animation Director: Takashi Tomioka, Satoshi Iwataki
Sub-character Design: Maho Yoshikawa
CAD Mechanic Design: Jimmy Stone, Izumo Jūki
Art Setting: Yoshihiro Ishimoto, Yuuho Taniuchi, Akihiro Hirasawa
Art Director: Rie Ota (Kusanagi)
Color Design: Yukie Noguchi
3D Director: Shuhei Yabuta
Director of Photography: Yuuki Kawashita
Editing: Kashiko Kimura
Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama
Sound Effects: Yūji Furutani
Music: Taku Iwasaki
Animation Production: Madhouse

Source: http://moca-news.net/article/20140209/201402090122a/01/ (key visual on official site: link)

Log Horizon Episode 19
Bf9qe1wCUAA7pox.png

I still remember when Team Tohya were barely able to hold things together but to see them holding their own against the goblish really made it feel like weve seen them grow up through their difficult struggles and trials. This is what the anime should have been from the start as its what a game anime should be. ITs finally being something much more entertaining and pleasing than SAO.
Unfortunately the ending could have used some work, if Rudy truly is gone like that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom