• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like he is broken as possible.

He defended himself from a Cloud-strife esque sword WITH A BAMBOO SWORD IIRC.

jerry-seinfield-getting-up.gif

Gazoinks

Log Horizon 19

So gooood. This show's pacing is so fast, this episode felt like it was over in five minutes. And this was a big episode. War!
Rudy dying but probably being revived later!
Crusty being a badass!

I might give the Mahouka manga a read before the anime comes out. I'm not big on LN's seeing how the quality of writing works with images, not by itself.

Also speaking of Saber and Rin, I really do hope Ufotable's new writing makes Shirou and Rin less... well less bad. With Shirou all you have to do is make him less Shonen character. With Rin just make her appear less on screen or less harem-styled Ojou'sama tsundere. Because FSN's characters are crappy harem styled compared to FZ.

No-Rin 5

Oh my :DTL

Let it never be said that No-Rin avoided equal fanservice.

Wow at Woodman being Nobuyuki. What is with all these VA's in this show?

Kousaku lived the dream that some men would die for.

And we have the newest challenger for best girl in the show.

Truth be told, I already think Suzuki surpassed Ringo for the top spot.

don't see how it's different than the MC of magical warfare ..

Uh...but that's who I was talking about. Unless I was mistaken, it's been a while since I saw the first episode and went all like: NOPE.

GaoGaiGar - 9

Did I mention how :cajun Hana is?

Ayame you are a terrible sister. FFS little Hana could have been killed and all you care about are the now-destroyed bikes?

So we've got Pencil Launcher as an attack now to go with Eraser Head. Harhar. What's next? the Protractor Protecter? *try saying that three times fast*

World Conquest 5
There was probably my favorite episode of this so far, the comedy was well done, and when
it showed him in the locker with the gas mask on
, I laughed pretty good.

Ojamajo Doremi ♯ - Episode 40

I'd like to preface this by saying that this was definately one of the best episodes of the series. I've watched the whole thing now and what I have to say about the later episodes will be in later post but since KirbYayoi requested it, I'll do a post just for this one!

As to why I liked this episode. I think it was down to the fact that it was the most relatable of the emotional character focus episodes. The good relationship between siblings and how they help each other out in times of need or in times of sadness is definately something that holds true to me and this episode was a great example of that.

I wasn't getting emotional over it but I was pretty close, especially when
they finally bought the piano and then it was placed in the exact spot the old piano was.
Also when
Pop and Doremi played their duet on the new piano, Doremi playing after years of hating the piano.

Honestly it was a good thing that Episode 41 ended up being a more humorous episode. Softens the blow so to speak!

To me, it's kind of like... a betrayal of how things were set up in the first family, in where they seem rather dysfunctional, but here, it's family as fuck, showing us that they're not actually dysfunctional, but they all care for each other.

Fresh Precure! 9

Mktn knpk episode. lol, so Miki's brother and her "boyfriend" really are the same person, I thought something was off there >.> Precure purity restored xp (Though I hope someone tells poor Yuuki-kun about this development…)

Aside from that, it was a pretty standard "Cure abandons chance at achieving her dream for the sake of remaining part of the group" episode. Felt like a bit of a retread of episode 4 of GoGo, except a little more realistic, since reducing the team from three members to two feels like more of a legitimate handicap than reducing it from five to four.

On the other hand, at least Urara got a new attack and the opportunity to finish off the episode's Hoshiina herself like a boss in that episode. Miki didn't even get to land the final blow here! (Though I guess that fits in with the "moral" they came up with afterwards, saying that the important thing is all three of them being together, and they wouldn't have been able to win if any one of them had been missing.)

…Oh, and Kaoru-chan the doughnut man is a terrifying driver.

Ironically, your comment on purity means more than you think, considering the whole boyfriend thing is what implies that Miki's involved with incestual relationships.

Yeah, unlike Dokidoki Precure, Happiness Charge starts with characters who aren't doing the show on New Game +.

That's probably one of the most apt descriptions of the cast I've seen.

Gamefly is being super retarded with sending me Bravely Default, so all this wait I'll have to do made me decide I might as well buy it. If it's in the Nintendo eShop that is.

As I wait I might as well watch Log Horizon and Loli World Conquest.

Gamefly is being super retarded with sending me Bravely Default, so all this wait I'll have to do made me decide I might as well buy it. If it's in the Nintendo eShop that is.

As I wait I might as well watch Log Horizon and Loli World Conquest.

It's on eshop. Pretty big tho. Gotta wait till Thursday to get my copy from Amazon tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom