• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
World conquest - 05
That was pretty good.

Too bad
no relationship what so ever advanced.. i did like the double mask reveal

It was still entertaining i like how stupid the whole thing was.

Doesn't Amazon usually do free next day shipping for video games? Maybe it only does it with certain big console releases.

Nah, some games have release date arrival but that's only free if you have Prime.

I know some people complained to Amazon enough to get their Bravely Default upgraded to one day shipping to get it on Friday. My copy is arriving on Monday so whatever. nevergonnaplayitanyway

e0fwMLl.jpg
8lzKYm1.jpg

Strike the Blood 17

Asagi is best mama.

Disappointed that Dhalism got taken out fairly easy. Thought he would have lasted longer.

Miss bondage over there wasn't anything that special either. Course she was facing OP Vatler, so I may let that slide.

Nurse Yukina is cute and Sayaka remains the best when it comes to expressions.

13918061115702wevy.gif

Log Horizon 19

I thought this was the Shiroe show. Not the Crusty and everybody else is badass while Shiroe looks down at a map show and can't do shit until everybody is out. Besides that this appeared to have been the best animated show in terms of combat, it looked very good in this episode. Team Minori has become really strong in a small amount of time, and it's kind of cute how she's trying to be a mini Shiroe since she loves him. Well it hasn't been explicitly said but it's pretty obvious.

But now to get to the meat of today's episode.

Rudy. Please don't die. You're easily among the top 5 characters, you're too good and funny to leave me here. Your sacrifice won't go unnoticed but PLEASE don't die :'''''(

Seriously this is the only show that is making me consider read the LN's. I wouldn't do that for any other anime besides this one. Once the anime ends I'll see which chapter to start in for the LN's

duckroll

Samurai Flameco - Episode 16

This is what I've been waiting for. It's nice to see the characters we actually care about finally being part of the show again, and how the story is somewhat coming full circle. It's still unclear where the show will ultimately go, but it's good to know the relationships between the characters built up throughout the series do mean something. The production values are getting really unfortunate though. It's so ugly now that whenever there's actually SOME half decent animation I'm actually surprised.

The new OP is an embarrassment. They should not air it in this state. I can't believe they had about two whole months to work on this OP and all we get now is some barely half finished bunch of stills and tacky motion graphics. It's not even stylish. The stills aren't even well drawn. Jeez. Manglobe is really dead artwise.

Articalys

If it's any consolation, it's somewhat appropriate that Manglobe debuted like a Samurai (Champloo) and will die like a Samurai (Flamenco).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sakura Trick 5

Okay, is there a joke I'm missing here? Because both Toradora and now Sakura Trick have used almost the exact same Starbucks parody logo. Is Sakura Trick referencing Toradora, or are they both referencing something else?

Also,
dat headbutt
. And
dat "fanservice scene"
, :lol. Good episode.

Log Horizon 19

No surprised that happened this episode. The flags were set.
Even more interesting is that now we'll break those flags.

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 43
Bf-dUgRCEAAGS1L.png

Wow Aokaga delivered this episode. Best action all season, fast, rough, and intense.
Smiling Aomine to even distressed and depressed Aomine. I was afraid he'd cry or be depressed as we already had seen Kise breakdown last season and I just couldn't imagine Aomine in such a state if he lost, but he hung in there and that thing with Kuroko cheered him up, he even displayed faces he never showed before

Next episode looks fun even if they threw in yet another Momoi like clone. I dont understand why we needed another one.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizon Episode 19

It is now the time for war, and god damn do I love how seamless this show can shift from the frontline clashes to the tactical command bunker to give us a true image of the fight Still the crux of this episode is on our junior league squadron and we see how far they have come in such a short time, how well they are working together, a very nice touch. Sadly they still of limited power and then Rundal House Code had to go and do a stupid thing and sacrifice his one life. God damn more people should be watching this program.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Golden Boy Ep1

This was much more lewder than i was expecting .___.

Kentaro's english VA is amazing, definitely made this far more funny than it would have been otherwise. The perverted-yet-ultimately-good-hearted young male protagonist is one of the worst as far as tropes go, but this is one of the better executions of it so far. Also the OP rocks

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Samurai Flameco - Episode 16

The new OP is an embarrassment. They should not air it in this state. I can't believe they had about two whole months to work on this OP and all we get now is some barely half finished bunch of stills and tacky motion graphics. It's not even stylish. The stills aren't even well drawn. Jeez. Manglobe is really dead artwise.
The song is so good I can forgive them for that.

Midonin

ImoCho 06

So Yuuya came to the conclusion that Hiyori and Mitsuki are...
a lesbian cosplay couple.
:SDBurton goggles engaged. (And mostly true.) Though Hiyori doesn't need to worry about sweat, I think. If there's no sweat, you're not doing it right. Though anime doesn't come with smell-o-vision. The best part of the episode was the Metal Gear Yuuya bit at the end. Complete with intercom. Love the parody title they decided to go with for next week. In fact, that's the next show on my to-watch list for the day.

Log Horizon Episode 19

It is now the time for war, and god damn do I love how seamless this show can shift from the frontline clashes to the tactical command bunker to give us a true image of the fight Still the crux of this episode is on our junior league squadron and we see how far they have come in such a short time, how well they are working together, a very nice touch. Sadly they still of limited power and then Rundal House Code had to go and do a stupid thing and sacrifice his one life. God damn more people should be watching this program.

Yeah more people should be watching the show for Rudy alone. "Ah-miss Isuzu!"

The song is so good I can forgive them for that.

Yeah the OP animations are bad and uninspired, but at least the song is pretty decent. I mean I never thought I'd hear a japanese ska-sounding song.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
World Conquest 5

Fun little episode. The "Clark Kent Rule" is in full effect here, though. :lol Nobody knows who anybody is despite most of the masks/costumes not really doing much to obscure identities, heh.

duckroll

If anyone is curious about the design breakdown for Ufotable's Fate/Stay Night, the 3 character designers have talked about it in the latest Newtype.

- Tomonori Sudo (Garden of Sinners, Fate/Zero) is responsible for the main characters again: Shiro, Saber, Illya, and Sakura.

- Atsushi Ikariya (Fate/Zero) is once again handling the older male characters like he did in Fate/Zero: Berserker, Lancer, and the other fuckers in the Mato family.

- Hisayuki Tabata (Yuyushiki) is new to this team, but he is responsible for the sexier female designs: Rin and Rider, as well as the various supporting female characters.

Pokemon B/W Adventures in Unova 45

Your typical Ash goes back to Pallet Town, sees his old Pokemon, dumps his current Pokemon expect Pikachu and then runs off to a new region.

Well expect he barely saw any of his old Pokemon, so close enough.

Looks like Ikariya won't have much to work with as most of the characters in this are sexy males and females. There's no bearded goodness or even manlier looking males. I think the closest is the teacher. Also I really do hope they take a risk and change Shirou's design even a tiny bit. I would at least hope change his wardrobe

If anyone is curious about the design breakdown for Ufotable's Fate/Stay Night, the 3 character designers have talked about it in the latest Newtype.

- Tomonori Sudo (Garden of Sinners, Fate/Zero) is responsible for the main characters again: Shiro, Saber, Illya, and Sakura.

- Atsushi Ikariya (Fate/Zero) is once again handling the older male characters like he did in Fate/Zero: Berserker, Lancer, and the other fuckers in the Mato family.

- Hisayuki Tabata (Yuyushiki) is new to this team, but he is responsible for the sexier female designs: Rin and Rider, as well as the various supporting female characters.

Coming from Fate/Zero, seeing Rider described as a sexy female just feels wrong.

cajunator

Banned
Golden Boy Ep1

This was much more lewder than i was expecting .___.

Kentaro's english VA is amazing, definitely made this far more funny than it would have been otherwise. The perverted-yet-ultimately-good-hearted young male protagonist is one of the worst as far as tropes go, but this is one of the better executions of it so far. Also the OP rocks

better late than never watching this classic.

I can believe it and I fully support it :)

Jarmel

Banned

If they used the words main characters, then I think this actually might be a modified version of HF. Illya isn't that prominent in Fate and UBW and Sakura sure as hell isn't.

Also not sure why they need three separate character designers.

Edit: So is Ikariya doing Archer?

duckroll

Coming from Fate/Zero, seeing Rider described as a sexy female just feels wrong.

The reason why she's even a "Rider" class is a huuuuuuuuuuge mythological stretch. F/SN is awful.

If they used the words main characters, then I think this actually might be a modified version of HF. Illya isn't that prominent in Fate and UBW and Sakura sure as hell isn't.

Also not sure why they need three separate character designers.

Edit: So is Ikariya doing Archer?

You should really stop trying to read too much into everything is casually stated. I haven't even read the interview itself, I'm just explaining who they're designing. The main characters are Saber and Shiro. The other two are just boring baggage. :p

Branduil

The reason why she's even a "Rider" class is a huuuuuuuuuuge mythological stretch. F/SN is awful.

You should really stop trying to read too much into everything is casually stated. I haven't even read the interview itself, I'm just explaining who they're designing. The main characters are Saber and Shiro. The other two are just boring baggage. :p

This hatewatch is going to be painful.

Hajime no Ippo Rising 18

Now the crowd is hyped for Miyata vs Ippo due to hearing Ippo making small talk.

But more importantly, the main event of the season is coming up!

Jarmel

Banned
But Ufotable says that this time they're making it as a followup to F/Z! :D

About that...
―――さて。
あらゆる創作者にとって自作とは子供のようなものです。
叶うのならどこまでも健やかに育ってほしいと願い、Fateをここまで育ててきました。
月日が経つにつれ子供だった頃の面影は消え、違う一面を見せるようになるでしょう。

Well then.
Every creator’s work is like a child to them.
I wished for it to grow up to be healthy in every respect, and so Fate has grown this much.
As time passes, the child you knew will disappear, but it will surely show you a different side of itself.

「極端な話ですが、物語性においても映像面においてもzeroとは別のモノと考えてください。
stay nightが目指したものとZeroが目指したものは別のもの。
これを無遠慮に繋げてしまうと物語も空気感も破綻します。
stay nightもzeroも違う作家が書いた違う物語だからこそ、互いを尊重しあえるものなんです」

It’s an extreme story, but please think of it as something separate from Zero in terms of both story and animation.
What Stay Night aimed for was different from what Zero aimed for.
Presumptively trying to tie this together will destroy both the story and the atmosphere.
Stay Night and Zero can mutually respect each other because of the fact that they were different stories written by different authors.

暴論である事は覚悟の上での発言でした。
自分はzeroという大仕事を終えてくれたスタッフに「前の仕事の方法論は忘れてほしい」と言 ったのです。
そんな中、その場に集まったスタッフの皆さんははっきりと返してくれました。

「勿論わかっています。これはzeroの続編ではなく、stay nightという新作ですから」と。

I said that knowing very well that it was an irrational argument.
I told the staff who had kindly completed the major work that was Zero that I wanted them to forget the methodology of the previous work.
In that context, the staff there gave me this clear response:

"Of course, we understand that. This is not a continuation of Zero, but a new work called Stay Night after all."

―――この時点で、奈須きのこの“でも今になってFateってどうなの?”なんて迷いは消えまし た。
あれだけの成功の後に、こんな言葉を即答できるスタッフとものづくりができる事に感謝を。
今は『ufo版Fate/stay night』が10年の歳月に相応しいものに仕上がるよう、微力ながらお手伝いさせていただいております 。

At this point, Nasu Kinoko’s worries like “Really, at this point, is Fate alright?” vanished.
I am grateful to the staff who, even after such a great success, can give me that kind of immediate reply, and I am grateful that this craftsmanship is possible.
Although I’m unskilled, I am helping to create a Fate/Stay Night (Ufo Version) that will be suitable for the tenth anniversary.

http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/

We all know this upcoming Fate/stay Night adaptation is just a stepping stone for a Fate/hollow ataraxia and a Fate/Apocrypha adaptation.

Neo C.

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 43
Bf-dUgRCEAAGS1L.png

Wow Aokaga delivered this episode. Best action all season, fast, rough, and intense.
Smiling Aomine to even distressed and depressed Aomine. I was afraid he'd cry or be depressed as we already had seen Kise breakdown last season and I just couldn't imagine Aomine in such a state if he lost, but he hung in there and that thing with Kuroko cheered him up, he even displayed faces he never showed before

Next episode looks fun even if they threw in yet another Momoi like clone. I dont understand why we needed another one.
In the zone sakuga is best sakuga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom