• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Am I cute uguu?
13480608041451c1sjg.gif

Midonin

Sky Girls 15-17

The show is really playing up the Eika/Elise dynamic at this point. Two stubborn hotheads who refuse to give in, while Otoha's all chill and Karen's being adorable. This is why I liked that episode 16 was a bit of change of pace by focusing on Nanae's family. I don't think her love interest will show up again, given the nature of the episode, but Elise did voice a complaint that I'm sure a lot of people will agree with.

fC1VBSxl.jpg

The desert island episode was nice - these girls are pretty efficient in their survival skills. Episode 15 probably had the most dramatic punch of the three, dealing directly with Eika's daddy issues. The gesture at the end was pretty heartwarming. Overall, it continues to be a nice series, even if there's nothing super standout about it and
Yuki is apparently some sort of human worm host now.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kuroko's Basketball - Episode 43

It's been a long time since an show has had me so on edge. Such a great close to this back and forth series.

Watching Kagami develop from a punk ass kid who thinks he can take on everyone into a cool headed leader was the best part of this game. Watching Aomine and Kuroko mend their relationship was also very touching.

If there's anything negative to say it's that I think they took down Aomine too soon. He had this final boss feel to him that the other generation of miracles (captain excluded) just didn't possess.

Samurai Flameco - Episode 16

This is what I've been waiting for. It's nice to see the characters we actually care about finally being part of the show again, and how the story is somewhat coming full circle. It's still unclear where the show will ultimately go, but it's good to know the relationships between the characters built up throughout the series do mean something. The production values are getting really unfortunate though. It's so ugly now that whenever there's actually SOME half decent animation I'm actually surprised.

The new OP is an embarrassment. They should not air it in this state. I can't believe they had about two whole months to work on this OP and all we get now is some barely half finished bunch of stills and tacky motion graphics. It's not even stylish. The stills aren't even well drawn. Jeez. Manglobe is really dead artwise.

Hold up.

Did this show actually start getting good again? Might need to power through the last couple of episodes if so.

cnet128

Banned
ImoCho 6

Episode was fun, the brother's ways of making sense of the whole situation were interesting and remarkably believable, and the brief flashback to how Hiyori ended up in this situation was kind of thought-provoking as well.

But then that sequence after the credits was on a whole different level of brilliance XD

Hattori

Banned
Hamatora 1
Better than I expected, it's like an over saturated Get Backers. First episode didn't really wow me but it didn't disappoint me neither so I think I'm going to watch couple more episodes of it.

Zvezda 5
...it was tentacular.

Didn't have anytime in the week to touch the backlog.

Maison Ikkoku - 90~96 - END + Movie
mgMbg9N.jpg
YSIwlpS.jpg

1w7qO2G.jpg
JqxqHHk.jpg

PARUTO~PARUTO~PARUTO. ZA END.

With a little work Kyoko(
From Otonashi-san and Akemi
) noticed that she should not have leaved Ikkoku-kan so hastly.
In the end Kozue-chan had a happy end(?), right?
Even if Akemi almost got then to end in a sour note, they could talk one last time and clear things between then, Kozue-chan didn't deserve to end with tears, Rumiko even created a rich senpai for her.
But she suffered with something I don't like with Mitsuru Adachi works too, when people are done with their importance in the history they simple disappear, after Kozue-chan said she got a job, she wasn't in any episode until these last ones. Same goes for Kotaro and he lives at Ikkoku-kan.
I want the all the children calling Godai, Buchou. It's so cute.
Godai trying
to make his proposal on a public phone
? Great idea, right? no.
But in the end he did a nice job, and Kyoko asking for him to outlive her since it was her only worry since Souichiro died before her and she would not be able to live alone anymore. ;__;
Fucking Godai
's grandma, first she gave me nightmares with that bunny outfit and now she had me worried because of the flags, but she had everything planned alright. Calling the rest of the tenants for the celebration was nice, because Godai would not have gone anywhere without them
. PARUTO PARUTO.
One year later...
Aaaand I don't
get to see Souichiro face in the end
. It was nice to see some of the people again in the end.
Ikuko-chan can't talk about Koutaro, she's in college and she didn't change anything too.
Loved the evolution of the pyou pyou appron from Ichinose. And a lot of people at Chachamaru. Always like the sight of Godai being surrounded by kids. After his speech...The story flashes forward and reveals the fates of Kozue, Ibuki, Shun and Asuna(
They are making the dream I had for Godai and Kyoko, a house full of kids...calling him Buchou
), Master and Akemi(
wut!?
). In Ikkoku-kan everyone waits the arrival of
Kyoko from the hospital. As the taxi pulls up the happy couple steps out with their new baby, Haruka. Everyone welcomes her to her new home as the series ends. I would like for it to go further, but who wouldn't. Dammit I want to see Ikkoku-kan full of children calling Godai Buchou. Good Anime.

It was a fun ride. Loved the setting, with people who are of age( In college, over it, already working, married, etc), so they could drink and do wathever they wanted. Alone Again(Naturally) and Get Down couldn't be beaten. Mr. 2 looked like a "nice" guy(What's upwith the animation in the movie? lol), I'll have to read the manga later, but for now...
FtzScjv.jpg

Might as well take Yotsuya advice.

Urusei Yatsura - 01

xgUzhZp.jpg

Now, where's Mako?

The MC he reminds me of someone. But I can't remember who...maybe Joe?
Look it's a love triangle. Shinobu is totally waifu material.
These aliens, we'll give back your oil. Oil rain.

Hattori

Banned
Rozen Maiden 3

I have to say that I'm slowly getting hooked.
The flashback was really well done, gave a great insight to how Jun turned into his anxious and awkward present day self.

cnet128

Banned
Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda 5

Renge is such a cutie. I don't know who put together that dating desirability list, but they clearly fucked up, putting her 27th. She should be right up there at the top.

I have a sneaking suspicion I can tell you who is (undeservedly) right at the top of that list, though…

Shirasagi Miki, aka Cure Egret White Worstgirl White Egret, aka mksm knpk.

Wait, which show am I watching again? >.>

I've been wanting to watch Maison Ikkoku for a while now, it's in my backlog, so nice to see it ends on a bright note for the protagonist. Though the mangaka is famous for her "will they wont they" protagonists to the point it's a massive tease throughout the whole freaking show (Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha). Both of those ended on a bright note (well Ranma was manga only) so I was hoping her earlier work did the same.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sasameki Koto Episode 2:

Well, that was certainly a strange turn of events.
Didn't see the model turning out to be Akemiya and what convoluted mess he has teetering on himself. Not to mention that he really has no chance with either Kazama or Murasame.
I am rather appreciating the sense of nuance that I don't see in a lot of anime romance, straight or gay, as I am genuinely not sure if the two mains will actually hook up since it seems dealing with unrequited love is an ongoing theme here.
I also like that Murasame may just not be what Kamaza is seeking in a lover and there may be no fixing that. That being said, generic anime cuteness kind of betrays the situation because, yea Murasame is tall and sporty, she doesn't look all that plain or uncute.
Anyway, yea, still enjoying the proceedings thus far.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Heroman: Series review

Heroman...
Heroman...
Heroman, FUCK YEAH!
Coming again, to save the mother fucking day yeah,
Heroman, FUCK YEAH!
Freedom is the only way yeah,
Aliens your game is through cause now you have to answer to:
Heroman, FUCK YEAH!
So lick my butt, and serve me coffee

Heroman, FUCK YEAH!
What you going to do when he come for you now,
it’s the BONES studio that we all care; it’s the studio of tomorrow

FUCK YEAH!

Joey, FUCK YEAH!
Stan Lee, FUCK YEAH!
Eagles, FUCK YEAH!
Punk ROCK, FUCK YEAH!
NFL, FUCK, YEAH!
Rock and roll, FUCK YEAH!
CRIPPLES, FUCK YEAH!
Slavery, FUCK YEAH!

FUCK YEAH!

Starbucks, FUCK YEAH!
Waifus, FUCK YEAH!
Jailbait, FUCK YEAH!
Ice cream, FUCK YEAH!
Beach episodes, FUCK YEAH!
Character development, FUCK YEAH!
Robots, FUCK YEAH!
Middle school, FUCK YEAH!
Dead parents, FUCK YEAH!
Bed bath and beyond (Fuck yeah, Fuck yeah)

Liberty, FUCK YEAH!
Star spangled banner, FUCK YEAH!
Propane, FUCK YEAH!
Gary Stu, FUCK YEAH!
Patriotism, FUCK YEAH!
Christmas, FUCK YEAH!
SEASON 2????

This show gets a
jXVVTK4.gif
/10

1345902879758.png

I love the one he's holding the buckets outside of class and starts lifting them like weights. Only a Murican would use such a brain to come up with a great capitalistic idea like that.

Branduil

Valvrave the Liberator 21-22

ib1IIcCyHHetWI.jpg

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 14

A battle of bubbles and pigeons, followed by a
guy not dying immediately with half his body gone.

Steins;Gate 21-22

Ithappened.gif

You know it was so refreshing to see an anime that takes place not in Japan, or at the very least doesn't pretend Japan is the center of the world, that it might've added to my enjoyment of it. Black Lagoon did the same.

The charm of "there's a huge world war in the future, and Japan was pinpointed for fuck-all reason. Now we the Japanese have the strongest mecha because fuck you" is lost when everybody does it

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Oh wow, that manga rips off Top Gear as well as K-ON? Truly it has no shame.

Shame is for people who don't know the thrill of POWWAAHHHHHHH

I think dresden read a chapter or two of this a few days ago and said it was kinda bad. :(

I've read the first chapter. Not the greatest thing out there, but it had some charm.

Shes had her teeth whitened.

They better show her room and her having a pet hampster. If she doesn't, Felix am cry.

I tweeted about this the other day since it didn't start getting scans until recently.

All of my UNFs.
Jezza has never look so hot. UNF indeed.

Gazoinks

Clannad After Story 6

And that's how Misae became a crazy cat lady.

Nice arc. It was a little lame that they recycled the idea of the Fuko arc, but it worked out alright. It was compact, and I like Misae and Shima more than Fuko and company. Also, this probably won't suffer Fuko's fate: Having the impact of her ending completely murdered by making her reappear for a cheap joke.

The supernatural elements in this show are... weird. They're just there. Like, there's a ghost arc in both seasons and then nothing else supernatural ever happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom