• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Steins;Gate 22

First Half

Wrestling_yes.gif

Yes_yes_yes.gif

877.gif

Second Half

tumblr_m2800uarB31qg2w8h.gif

After Credits

garrys-mod-wat.gif

THIS FUCKING SHOW..........

If only the animators were more competent though :/

Yeah the way they bring everything full circle and
show you glimpses of the first episode and how everything was planned
is brilliant.

Has anyone seen the Deja vu movie? Is it any good?

レゴムービー

Go see it. All of you stop reading this right now and go see this movie.

It is incredible how beautiful this is. They took what could have been just an ordinary cute little cash-grab and turned it into something powerful. I was moved by the way everything was presented in this movie.

They could have easily created something really half-assed out of this and still made a good profit out of it. But no! They go all the way with their story. They managed to tell a heartwarming tale about something that was a part of everybody’s childhood. This isn’t just a movie about characters. It’s a movie about how a franchise impacted a key part of people’s childhoods all over the world.

Everyone should go see this movie. I don’t know why you’re still reading this.

AOTY 2014.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad After Story 6

And that's how Misae became a crazy cat lady.

Nice arc. It was a little lame that they recycled the idea of the Fuko arc, but it worked out alright. It was compact, and I like Misae and Shima more than Fuko and company. Also, this probably won't suffer Fuko's fate: Having the impact of her ending completely murdered by making her reappear for a cheap joke.

The supernatural elements in this show are... weird. They're just there. Like, there's a ghost arc in both seasons and then nothing else supernatural ever happens.

You think the ED is too cheerful now, you ain't see nothing yet.

Don't worry, Fuko's fate isn't sealed as that yet.

Your enjoyment of the use of supernatural things will either make or break the show, more than likely, especially the end. They show up a lot more in After Story

cajunator

Banned
Posted this in the figure thread but I know the show is really popular in here so.

Rikka needs more figures, though I already have the definitive one.

You know it was so refreshing to see an anime that takes place not in Japan, or at the very least doesn't pretend Japan is the center of the world, that it might've added to my enjoyment of it. Black Lagoon did the same.

The charm of "there's a huge world war in the future, and Japan was pinpointed for fuck-all reason. Now we the Japanese have the strongest mecha because fuck you" is lost when everybody does it

Theres several animes taking place outside Japan.
Noir is one.

Gazoinks

You think the ED is too cheerful now, you ain't see nothing yet.

Don't worry, Fuko's fate isn't sealed as that yet.

Your enjoyment of the use of supernatural things will either make or break the show, more than likely, especially the end. They show up a lot more in After Story

I have mixed feelings about it. I don't dislike it, but they just feel weirdly out of place. Like they were airlifted from another show and just kind of stuck on.

Branduil

Space Dandy 6

That may have been the dumbest and most random episode yet, but I think it was so stupid that it actually worked, LOL. Plus, that ending.

Space Dandy 6:
I guess I've come to terms with the fact that this show is never going to be consistent in any way. I really found this episode to be pretty dull, and I don't think the concept was worth dragging out over a whole episode. The next episode may well be great, but I'm just never going to expect any particular quality from week to week.

Defuser

Will read. But lol @ Kawahara writing three-and-a-half series at once. I have no idea how he does it >.<
Eh, this is nothing compared to Kazuma Kamachi who is writing 4 series and other various stuff. At one time he wrote :

A Certain Magical Index : New Testament LN
Heavy Object LN
The Zarashi Warashi of Intellectual Village LN
A Certain Scientific Railgun manga
A Certain Magical Index movie
A Certain Magical Index/Railgun games
And multiple index/railgun side stories bundled with the Blu Ray/DVD

All of these in a short period or concurrently. The guy is a freakin monster writer.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I have mixed feelings about it. I don't dislike it, but they just feel weirdly out of place. Like they were airlifted from another show and just kind of stuck on.

They kinda do, but I think the later instances of them make a touch more sense.

Westlo

Gazoinks

Space Dandy 6:
I guess I've come to terms with the fact that this show is never going to be consistent in any way. I really found this episode to be pretty dull, and I don't think the concept was worth dragging out over a whole episode. The next episode may well be great, but I'm just never going to expect any particular quality from week to week.

Yeeeah. At this point I think I'll just wait and see impressions from folks and only watch the mostly positive ones. Because when this show is off it is booooring, but when it's on it's fun times.

The World God Only Knows 12

Living the dream. Another really funny episode to end the first season.

So... Both 2 of the funniest episodes I've seen in a while and 2 of the most boring.

The humor was a bit hit and miss. Story was ok. Elsie was really funny and cute though.

I give it 3/5 Elsies:
stsjvDK.png
stsjvDK.png
stsjvDK.png
o4lI8vu.png
o4lI8vu.png

Oh and:
Elsie > Mari > Kanon > Ayumi > Sora > Mio > Shiori

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Didn't have anytime in the week to touch the backlog.

Maison Ikkoku - 90~96 - END + Movie
Personally, I was so content with that ending I've purposely avoided the movie. I don't want something else to mess with it.

Urusei Yatsura - 01

The MC he reminds me of someone. But I can't remember who...maybe Joe?
Look it's a love triangle. Shinobu is totally waifu material.
These aliens, we'll give back your oil. Oil rain.
Ok, here I must advise you to drop any expectations for the time being here. The story isn't structured like Maison Ikkoku as it's more like The Simpsons, relationships don't progress in quite the same fashion, and the anime doesn't even really get going until season 2 or after the first 20-something episodes. One it gets going though, it becomes one of the best.

Shared voice actors!

Ataru is Sakamoto
Chibi is Godai
Megane is Yotsuya
Mendou is Mitaka
Benten is Akemi

The World God Only Knows 12

Living the dream. Another really funny episode to end the first season.

So... Both 2 of the funniest episodes I've seen in a while and 2 of the most boring.

The humor was a bit hit and miss. Story was ok. Elsie was really funny and cute though.

I give it 3/5 Elsies:

Oh and:
Elsie > Mari > Kanon > Ayumi > Sora > Mio > Shiori

Why is Haqua not in that ranking system? Maybe she wasn't introduced yet can't remember.

Also no mention of the most beautiful voice in anime is weird

Clannad After Story 6

And that's how Misae became a crazy cat lady.

Nice arc. It was a little lame that they recycled the idea of the Fuko arc, but it worked out alright. It was compact, and I like Misae and Shima more than Fuko and company. Also, this probably won't suffer Fuko's fate: Having the impact of her ending completely murdered by making her reappear for a cheap joke.

The supernatural elements in this show are... weird. They're just there. Like, there's a ghost arc in both seasons and then nothing else supernatural ever happens.

:3

Keep. Going.

Link Man

Banned
Kino's Journey 11

I guess the whole series has undertones of creepiness, but this episode ratchets it up considerably. I mean,
mind control
? Dark stuff. Plus we get a snippet of Kino's backstory, and some philosophy to boot. Very interesting episode.

At least it didn't have Beethoven's 9th involved.

Emitan

Sakura Trick 1-5
uYiUtDn.png

YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT

Maybe it's just because I'm a sucker for real actual yuri or maybe it's because the two main characters remind me of myself and my girlfriend but I love this show so much. It's just... so good. I can't take it!

Articalys

I still liked SAO and, with the exception of a couple scenes, still found it tolerable at its lowest points. I do agree that Fairy Dance is a lot weaker overall than Aincrad, though.

Jintor

SAO is mostly boring/bland with the occasional, completely out there "WTF" moment (that become way more frequent in the second half).

All around though that makes it bad. Maybe a lot bad.

Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy 10

Fairies are catapillars that metamorphose under...water??

I think that's... new? I don't know, it seemed rather ridiculous for some reason.

fertygo

Kuroko's Basketball - 43

This still look uglier than what I hope.. the dribble sakuga not look that nice because the wonky angle. But they handle the climax quite well though, make me on the edge of my seat.

Overall the manga presentation still league better with better its art that make it cooler than slideshow fest that we seeing in adaptation, and the anime also never make adjustment for the length of the match also not helping. Sucked because this is my 2nd favorite match.. oh well at least they adapt my favorite one really good in first season.

Gazoinks

Nodame Cantabile 23 END

Oooh yes. Great surprise, I ended up loving this show. Definitely the best anime romcom I've seen, although... That's not saying much! :p The setting was really nice, and was well utilized, the music was good, and the characters were quirky and fun. It had emotional moments of course, but it maintained an overall light-hearted tone and never delved into stupid drama. Good show. Onwards to Paris!

cajunator

Banned
I imagine this is how I sound when I sing, so I didn't want to mention it. :p

I think a lot of us probably sing tha "magnificently" lol.

Kino's Journey 11

I guess the whole series has undertones of creepiness, but this episode ratchets it up considerably. I mean,
mind control
? Dark stuff. Plus we get a snippet of Kino's backstory, and some philosophy to boot. Very interesting episode.

At least it didn't have Beethoven's 9th involved.

Oh man that episode. But you havent seen episode 12 yet. Eheheee

Sakura Trick 1-5
uYiUtDn.png

YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT YURI OVERDOSE ALERT

Maybe it's just because I'm a sucker for real actual yuri or maybe it's because the two main characters remind me of myself and my girlfriend but I love this show so much. It's just... so good. I can't take it!

Yup its the yuriest show Ive ever watched. So pure and beautiful.

MartyStu

Tokyo Ravens 17

Why did I start watching this show? Why do I continue to watch this show?

I have taste damn it!

The main dude finally comes into his own and the writers botch it by reducing the female lead and pretty much solidifying harem status.
Ugh.

Nodame Cantabile 23 END

Oooh yes. Great surprise, I ended up loving this show. Definitely the best anime romcom I've seen, although... That's not saying much! :p The setting was really nice, and was well utilized, the music was good, and the characters were quirky and fun. It had emotional moments of course, but it maintained an overall light-hearted tone and never delved into stupid drama. Good show. Onwards to Paris!

lo00Jy1.jpg

Dresden

space dandy - 06

This was good - good structure, good setup, good payoff. Dat entire sequence at the end. Awesome smoke. Fuck vests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom