• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, a friend stayed up and ripped the full Anime Mirai 2014 trailer which was part of a terrible stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA6HKZPiLjc

Quality sucks, but there's quite a bit of footage. This year looks GREAT. :D

the first and fourth look interesting to me. No idea what they're about but I heard shinigami in the fourth one and there was also one of those creepy suit men. I'm interested.

The furry anime on the other hand will live in my nightmares for weeks to come

I don't how how seriously it should be taken, and I know I shouldn't let stuff get to me, but still, after reading this I feel guilty over my own preferences, and that's not something that should be forced on anyone.

Hate the show, the setting, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the writer, the studio, any of it, but for god's sake leave alone the people who want to watch it and enjoy it.

I agree with you. The fan hate can be a bit much and I'd expect more from Jintor :/

jman2050

I agree with you. The fan hate can be a bit much and I'd expect more from Jintor :/

On one hand the Toonami thread is not the anime thread and the entire culture is different, on the other hand that type of mudslinging is really something one should keep in check even when in the midst of a furious hatewatch.

I don't how how seriously it should be taken, and I know I shouldn't let stuff get to me, but still, after reading this I feel guilty over my own preferences, and that's not something that should be forced on anyone.

Hate the show, the setting, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the writer, the studio, any of it, but for god's sake leave alone the people who want to watch it and enjoy it.

What the fuck :'(

I enjoyed the first half of SAO when it was like cheesy Log Horizon romance. Then I stopped when it became harem.

duckroll

So, Magi S2 #19 is delayed on Crunchyroll again because of "production problems". Not surprising. And it just aired in Japan. So let's see the results....

KRjabl5.jpg
pCaB5rG.jpg

Once again there were a ton of animators and animation directors on board. Probably rushed! But with 11 animation directors helping on the episode, it should at least look okay right? Right?!

Nope. RIP. :(

At least it's on break next week so A-1 can stop dying for a while.

Branduil

are tentacles the kid's meal toy?

Instead of a toy its dozens of tiny magnets and they just give them to babies and no one cares for some reason because safety regulators don't exist in Reki Kawahara's world.

So, Magi S2 #19 is delayed on Crunchyroll again because of "production problems". Not surprising. And it just aired in Japan. So let's see the results....

Once again there were a ton of animators and animation directors on board. Probably rushed! But with 11 animation directors helping on the episode, it should at least look okay right? Right?!

Nope. RIP. :(

At least it's on break next week so A-1 can stop dying for a while.

A-1 really needs to get its act together.

Jintor

It's not like I go around anime cons picking fights with SAO fans or something, come on.

Shergal

Aura
It was good.

There's a bunch of stuff I could say I had issues with, primarily that the movie looks bad. About as bad as an anime film nowadays could look without being unwatchable. It's unfortunate that there was simply no talent behind the production, because the material really does deserve better.
At least the directing remains functional, surprisingly for Kishi. I think he did botch some or other scene, but for the most part the editing and storyboarding help well to convey the story and characters, even if the actual layouts and animation are not up to par.

Ultimately though, I think the movie succeeds as a drama. Perhaps it's just the novelty value of having a story like this animated in a medium where deviant characters and gratuitous "quirkyness" are consistently brushed off as comedy fodder (Chuu2 I'm looking at you), but I definitely appreciate that it bothered to examine the thematic of social outcasts in a relatively realistic and grounded way. It consistently avoided jumping the shark and going completely over the top, and that's why the climactic scene comes off as a bit of a disappointment, but the rest of the story did make efforts to get me invested in the characters so that gripe doesn't break the film. I guess there are a bunch of scenes and characters that feel perfunctory after the fact, and with some tighter editing that time could have been devoted to flesh out the main girl and the relationship between the MCs more (not that it absolutely needed it, but everything helps when you have 80 minutes to work with).

In the end the balance is positive. It's a good film. Add me to the "what Chuu2 should be" crowd.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Nah, SAO is more like Long John Silver's. It's a curiosity that people talk about without ever wanting to go inside.

Branduil

You guys should try Smashburger if you have one near you. Amazing burgers and the smash fries are the Last of Us of garlic fries.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Now I'm trying to think what the anime equivalent of Runza would be: amazing all around, bizarre to comprehend, and unknown but to a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom