• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

I just wish I could get an idea of how many people actually honestly hate the show and how many people really don't care but are going along with the bashing for the over-the-top reactoins because it's fun.

Thoraxes

You poor saps that don't get to eat Portillos or have one 2 minutes from your house.

Though 5 Guys has decent fries, and I think they're kinda national.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Arti: Everyone does. Everyone.

I don't know what Arby's is.

Now what I've heard of that is rad is Popeyes. What be that.
Arby's is a fast food place that uses thin sliced roast beef as their focus instead of hamburger. They also do other deli style options and chicken sandwiches. They're priced noticably higher than other fast food places, and while some items justify it not all do.

Branduil

Arby's is a fast food place that uses thin sliced roast beef as their focus instead of hamburger. They also do other deli style options and chicken sandwiches. They're priced noticably higher than other fast food places, and while some items justify it not all do.

"Roast beef"

Thoraxes

Don't forget the sauce!

Link Man

Banned
So, just read through the SAO reactions in the Toonami thread. I haven't seen beyond the first episode of the series, but I can't imagine it being more entertaining than what I've just read.

wonzo

Banned
Really I think my feelings for the show fall alongside what ultimatemegax posted about it a while ago:

http://ask.fm/ultimatemegax/answer/103763166319
Secondly, I really liked the romance. While a lot of stories talk about "loving" another character, we rarely get to actually see what love is in anime. Even with KyoAni, the only series I'd say fills those shoes is Clannad due to After Story. That's what drew me into really enjoying the series more than others. Yes it's a bit cliche, but that's not a bad thing.

Thirdly, the whole "incest" stuff doesn't irritate me like it may for others. Granted, I never view it more than a crush on an ideal moreso than actual love.
scusthov.gif
showing all that love one rapey scene at a time

Vito

Banned
I wish SAO had uglier character designs but I like Shingo Adachi's work, so I have to care about the show at least a bit. Fortunately me liking Adachi's work didn't quite translate into buying SAO figures so that's a plus.

On the upside there's now Log Horizon, so if someone wants to watch a recent MMORPG themed anime I can actually recommend a good show. Sure it's not as shiny as SAO but it's genuinely an enjoyable show (hope it stays that way).

Space Dandy 06

Maybe it's because my standards have lowered for the show, but I enjoyed the episode for what it was. Boobies seems to be powerful enough to
make aliens consider stopping a thousand+ year old war

Also the ending sequence was worth the whole episode. Also I know what the next OST I'm buying is.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
We're ignoring the important question: what is the Del Taco of anime?
Something overlooked in spite of prominent figures with a voracious appetite for products of that kind?

Hmmm.... good question. The show I have in mind wouldn't fall under fast food to begin with, or would it?

Robot Girls Z #1-2 (or 1-6, depending on the numbering you prefer)

This show is hilarious. It reminds me of Squid Girl in some ways. I love the ridiculousness of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

No, but seriously, I'm not trying to pick a fight. Besides, that last post is a valid question I've had for a while about any negatively vocal group though, how many are ever in it just for the fun and not because they hate the subject. Would be something interesting to know.

Hate is a strong word. But the show did jump the shark massively after the first half. It took any potential it had for a sweet look at MMO's with real stakes and ruined it by making Kirito this Gary Stu who is good at everything he does. He requires no growth whatsoever he's just automatically good at it.

Then the other aspect of the show I liked which was the romance got ruined by the second half and what I know of the other seasons because
girlfriendo all but disappears so Kirito can play with other harem girls and tease them

Not to mention the horrible writing and incest.

So yeah. I don't hate the show, but unless they give Asuna a bigger part in season 2 I have no interest in watching. And yes even though her character got ruined I still like her. A lot of people here seem to just go with the flow of hate of the more prominent members as to be in the in-crowd. Bandwagon effect/group think and all.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Precure is the Chuck-E-Cheese of anime. It preys on people's childhood desires for what it could offer only to leave people with shitty pizza, bad games, a handful of tickets to redeem on cheap plastic trinkets, and broken dreams. Not to mention there's all the screaming kids in the same building.

Leaving Nanoha as the Dave and Buster's of anime. Same fucking thing but isn't even targeted at kids now and is infinitely more sad of a situation.

Dresden

I guess that makes Mamoru Hatakeyama the surprisingly delicious Carnitas tacos contained in said taco truck.

If there's one item I wouldn't get from a seedy looking taco truck, it'd be carnitas. It'll leave a bad feeling in your gut...

Sankarea?

Precure is the Chuck-E-Cheese of anime. It preys on people's childhood desires for what it could offer only to leave people with shitty pizza, bad games, a handful of tickets to redeem on cheap plastic trinkets, and broken dreams. Not to mention there's all the screaming kids in the same building.

Leaving Nanoha as the Dave and Buster's of anime. Same fucking thing but isn't even targeted at kids now and is infinitely more sad of a situation.

Arbys-full.jpg

I used to work at Arby's a decade ago, and this meat used to be sent in from a distribution center in the form of a powder. Me and some other employees would add water and mix them, then cook it and slice it to get what you see in this image. I dont know if they still do this or not =/.

Both these things gave me broken dreams. Fuck. I want to contest that Precure one, but I don't even know where to begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom