• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sailor Moon is the Red Robin of anime in the sense that it looks like a place for kids but they actually don't care and sell beer half the time.

Thoraxes

TTGL is

RWpWfH4.jpg

Branduil

Oh wow, someone else who thinks sauerkraut is disgusting filth, how relieving. I always feel like I'm some on some alien planet in this regard.

Yeah I always feel like "well, everyone else likes it, maybe I should give it another chanc-euuugughhhrrrrggh..."

Jintor

What is KFC? The thing that smells great, you think about it and go "Man, that's exactly what I want right now", but then you have it and all you're left with is intense pain and a desperate feeling of regret?

Sazae-san - Episodes 7,067 + 7,065 + 7,056

Episode count is going all backwards this week for some reason. Sazae-san doesn't follow the rules!

Episode 7,067 had the biggest problem...the cat is now reading the newspaper! Turns out the reason why the cat is attracted to the newspaper is that the delivery man keeps feeding him when he delivers it!

Episode 7,065 has Sazae and Fune getting into knitting things to keep everyone warm in the cold winter months. Katsuo can't get into the biscuit tin because Sazae's got her yarn security system stopping him, ingenious! At the end of the episode they give out their results of their knitting, loads of scarves, jumpers and gloves.

Episode 7,056 everyone seemed to keep bugging Namihei all the time. He also meets a drunk man on his way back home which he then takes back to his house.

I won the janken match at the end.

Also if Sazae-san was a food it would be a 1960's Military Ration, still able to be eaten today.

Branduil

Watching Bunny Drop is like eating all of your Halloween candy.

And when you find out about that is what happens to your stomach after eating all of your Halloween candy.

Jintor

oh oh what's hot pockets*

*I only know about hot pockets because of toonami advertising. I've never seen them over here

wonzo

Banned
Noragami 1-5

noragami2.jpg

I certainly wasn't expect this to be the most enjoyable BONES show of this season! The cast of characters are pretty charming and likeable in their own way and this show actually knows how to make things funny, especially when it's just the characters goofing off.

I'm still kinda worried this is gonna end up pulling a BLASTY'S TEMPEST sooner or later and start taking itself too seriously (the end of episode 5 was a bit much) but I'm certainly glad I gave this show a chance thus far.

Angel Beats is a product of the line of thought that goes "People like laughing, people like to cry, let's just smash the two things together and it will be totally awesome."
"the most hamburgers per slice ever!"

duckroll

Inari, Konkon, Shoujo Heroine - Episode 4

This episode was so shoujo it damaged me all over. At first the art seemed a little off model and the episode felt rather cheap, but once the shoujo jokes started rolling in I couldn't stop giggling. It just went on and on and on, but it hurt so good. There's some pretty potent :sdburton potential going on with the supporting cast too. :D

---

Hozuki's Fun Times in Hell - Episode 5

Such a crazy, wacky and unique show. The first half was pretty humorous and silly, but it was really the second story which totally killed it. There's just something about the type of humor in this show that works so well when they go to extremes. It's pretty rare for an anime comedy to be both intellectually and visually creative. I simply love what they're doing with the show. Definitely the most unique show this season. Such a charm. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom