• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Galilei Donna is on my 'to watch list', from reading the OP...did it have a shitty ending or something?

Ace of Diamond 18

That was a weird place to suddenly skip over in the game. Didn't even have that trademark show the score and then show it again to show that time went forward.

Woo, new character?

Why continue to show the game when everyone already gave it their all? plus they immediately said what happened during the game in the scene while around the bus, dont really understand the comment.

cnet128

Banned
Higurashi 8

Holy crap. Holy crap holy crap holy crap.

I need something cute.

Good thing you're watching Higurashi! It provides enough cute to wash away its own horror!

Bakemonogatari 1

So yeah this is pretty weird. And very SHAFT. I don't really know where it's going yet, but it's interesting. Will continue.

More people watching Monogatari? The world is a wonderful place.

Galilei Donna is on my 'to watch list', from reading the OP...did it have a shitty ending or something?

More like just shitty disjointed pacing all the way through and a story that didn't quite seem to know what it was doing, never mind have an actual destination.

Word of God says the creator intended it as a two-cour show and executive meddling forced him to cram it into a single cour. My feelings are mixed on whether it would have been better or worse with twice the episode count.

Vito

Banned
Love Live S2 key visual (http://lovelive-anime.jp/img/top/keyv5a.png)

WHh9I4c.png

WHAT THE ...

Wait ...

How

with all these food pictures , it's probably not the best moment to come back posting on animegaf..

*will try later*

cajunator

Banned
I don't how how seriously it should be taken, and I know I shouldn't let stuff get to me, but still, after reading this I feel guilty over my own preferences, and that's not something that should be forced on anyone.

Hate the show, the setting, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the writer, the studio, any of it, but for god's sake leave alone the people who want to watch it and enjoy it.

Im one of the most anti-SAO people in existence but this is exactly the kind of judgemental garbage that happens too much on gaf in general. Let people enjoy what they want without personally attacking them. The shows or games, whatever tear those to shreds but never apply it towards a person. Thats the main thing that rubs people the wrong way here.

Theonik

So I might be LTTP on this but...Top Gear on Motorcycles: The Manga is a thing...

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1391/87/1391873372613.jpg

How long until we get Top Gear: The Anime?!
Stig-chan is my waifu
Will read.

omg

firehawk stop me before i do something stupid!
DO IT!!!!!!
Must resist doing so myself.

I... eat Long John Silvers sometimes.
L-Lewd!

Long John Silver's has coleslaw so that automatically makes it better than SAO.
But coleslaw is fucking disgusting. Like one of the few things on this planet that can make me physically ill.

Good but highly overpriced compared to its competition.
See though, this example fails completely when applied to anime or anything under copyright as intrinsically Aniplex has no competition!

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure! 10

Continuing the trend of Nakiwameke with entertaining abilities, today we have one made from a slot machine that body-switches people with animals. Souler, your Nakiwameke are always the best.

So we get a whole episode of Inori stuck in the body of the very ferret she's terrified of, and Tart even gets to fight as Cure Pine! Hell, we even have Toei making effective trolling use of episode previews (the ferret-Inori transformation sequence from the preview last episode turned out to just be an imagine spot, lol). The scene where Inori's dad tended to his ferret-daughter's wounds was bizarrely adorable. Great episode.

Personally, I was so content with that ending I've purposely avoided the movie. I don't want something else to mess with it.

Haha, the movie is bad for
Yagami's fans
and my problem with it is the character design. They look terrible.
The story is something before/between episode 96. So it can't really mess up the ending.

Ok, here I must advise you to drop any expectations for the time being here. The story isn't structured like Maison Ikkoku as it's more like The Simpsons, relationships don't progress in quite the same fashion, and the anime doesn't even really get going until season 2 or after the first 20-something episodes. One it gets going though, it becomes one of the best.

Shared voice actors!

Ataru is Sakamoto
Chibi is Godai
Megane is Yotsuya
Mendou is Mitaka
Benten is Akemi

I wrote a little less(not like I write that much to begin with) than I meant to because I posted it accidentally, when I was still writing it.
I don't really had any expectations, I like Rumiko's comedic timing and wanted to see it for sometime now, so should be expecting something more like Ranma 1/2 rather than Maison Ikkoku, ok dok. But I'll still be hearing Maison Ikkoku a lot by that list of shared voice actors.

Shengar

Im one of the most anti-SAO people in existence but this is exactly the kind of judgemental garbage that happens too much on gaf in general. Let people enjoy what they want without personally attacking them. The shows or games, whatever tear those to shreds but never apply it towards a person. Thats the main thing that rubs people the wrong way here.

Holy shit, what happened there that make Jintor post something like that o_O
Also just know that all of the food talk back there began with that post too lol

OceanBlue

Zvezda 5

There's our protagonist acting like an protagonist! Renge is really cute and the fanservice was appreciated lol. I wonder if Asuta's response to Renge's question regarding his goal was serious or if he was trying to test the waters to see her response. If he's seriously getting into the world conquest thing, it'd be a pretty big shift for a reluctant protagonist. Next episode looks like a two-parter, which is interesting. More Renge please!

Shengar

Episode 24

I want to know what average people who don't watch anime frequently and or into game like us think of that episode. Just read the terribad reviews for that episode make go "nope nope nope" yet it still goddamned popular in my local forum site, to the point that moderators locked the thread because everything went shit there lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I wrote a little less(not like I write that much to begin with) than I meant to because I posted it accidentally, when I was still writing it.
I don't really had any expectations, I like Rumiko's comedic timing and wanted to see it for sometime now, so should be expecting something more like Ranma 1/2 rather than Maison Ikkoku, ok dok. But I'll still be hearing Maison Ikkoku a lot by that list of shared voice actors.
Haha, I actually think that Urusei Yatsura becomes a much better show than Ranma 1/2, but I once made the mistake of starting UY right after MI expecting something like MI and it led to unfair judgements. It's just a different kind of show and takes a while to get going.

OceanBlue

D-Frag 1-2

Mmm, the jokes are the same way they are in the manga. Everyone around the protagonist does wacky and stupid things and the protagonist tsukkomis everything. I'm not the biggest fan of this type of humor because I'm not a fan of random humor (I don't mind boke-tsukkomi humor though), which is why I wasn't a fan of the manga. The all-star voice cast and Roka's animated reactions sell the show for me though. I feel like I haven't heard Shizuka Itou in a while (she even plays a character kinda similar to Hinagiku lol), and Hanazawa Kana is in this show too! Although I'm not the biggest fan of the manga-esque action lines.

Theonik

Inari Konkon Koi Iroha 04
im1u4BcX4msSK.png

:SDBurton
I am really loving this show. It's shoujo as hell make no mistake of it, but it's so-gooood.
This episode put a smile to my face throughout its run!

Acosta

Seeing some of the battles of Yamato 2199 I don't really get how humankind army was so inferior, even human small ships can sink Gamilan carriers.

Acosta

Yamato 2199 Ep 20

Probably one of the best episodes, that combat was really great.

Man, I getting a urge of playing some space based game, maybe I should install Homeworld or something.

Midonin

Nobunagun 06

So instead of Pacific Rim, we're The Thing for this week. I'm fine with a change of pace for a week, with Sio only making an appearance via one of her swimsuit photos. The atmosphere was good, and the powers the new squad showed were pretty nifty, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom