• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I'm always up for more of Kyoko, Yui, Chinatsu and the other one.

this will always be funny.

japanese-vagina-breadv4uhj.jpg

Behind a somewhat innocent facade lies an incredibly shocking and creepy crime against humanity.

this really shouldnt even exist.

Defuser

Space Dandy ep 6

That was terrible, all these predictable nonsense story was all for an excuse to show Dandy riding on surfboard.

A massive step down from episode 5.

Hajime no Ippo Rising - 18

Decent episode showing the progression of Miyata. Next episode begins the fight with Takamura and David Eagle which is probably going to be ridiculously good.

With Miyata and Ippo's growth though it sort of feels like they'll be slugging it out until neither of them are able to move anymore and with Ippo's endurance I cannot wait to see this fight.

Narag

Space Dandy 6

X5bMTaBl.jpg
gBP06Wnl.jpg

rQcmQopl.jpg
wymUpeIl.png

Loved the rough look to the backgrounds in this one.

lol'd at a couple things like the
Tusken Raider
gag or Meow's room, otherwise seemed straightforward as I'm not a huge fan of the storytelling method used here where everything is repeated, once per side, to establish duality or whatever.

thankfully that was all dispensable as the episode was a visual treat. by god, dat animation

cajunator

Banned
Awyissssss. I hope it's a new full series, not just an OVA or something.

For the record, the bread is actually supposed to look like sakura petals. But…um…yeah.

Theres much better ways to simulate sakura petals. Ialways find it hard to believe that company committees just "miss" these things so obvious to everyone.

Kansoku

Strike Witches - 1~6

The year is 1944. Woman pants don't exist. Massive amount of crotch shots are inevitable. Also boobs and animal ear/tails too, because reasons.

Anyway, I'm getting strong Eureka Seven vibes (especially AO, but it's actually fun to watch). So far it's been interesting, but it's more of a comedy full of fanservice than it's a "serious" fighting anime.

Gintama 25

Finally.

I can't think of any anime episode that had me cracking up from start to finish, if I can expect this quality going forward then I'm really gonna love this show.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
The funny thing is i only found that ep of Gintama mildly amusing as best, hardly one of it's great episodes though

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Episode 119 (engDub)
BgCcd0rCQAAnOQS.png

Battle Flag Knight Constance is an awesome card. The duel was fairly weak but it was fun for the fact that it was integrated into a play and the best power, the power of friendship was at work. Definitely one of those make me feel good episodes. Best.

Articalys

I'll be honest, I don't think I can ever marathon all of Gintama, though I do promise to watch Benizakura-hen eventually. I'm familiar enough with most of the cast that I think I won't be too lost.

Gazoinks

Gintama 25

Finally.

I can't think of any anime episode that had me cracking up from start to finish, if I can expect this quality going forward then I'm really gonna love this show.

Yeeess. This episode was so good, and it's definitely another big leap in quality for the show.

Midonin

Wizard Barristers 05

Moonwalking
Kamakiri is super gif-able. Cecil getting a "respect your elders" episode was bound to come up sooner or later. I'm liking her random English outbursts too, mostly against Kermit the Frog there. This one felt a little more like a procedural, weird prophecy scene aside, but next week looks right up my alley. A hero show! And where there's hero shows, there's Sentai teams and Riders. Everybody in this show has bug names, so they'd fit right in in a Rider series.

damn, oh well it's not like I planned to marathon the whole thing anyway

There's 26 of the 39 available now on Hulu, or for subscribers over at Anime Network. I still have to watch episodes 14-26. Currently watching Bunny Drop on Blu-ray. Have to make certain the BDs are all good after watching the DVDs last month.

Trigun 25
I think i prefer this gruff look of Vash over the regular appearance of Vash. It's finally approaching the conclusion and Vash is finally deciding what to do about Knives. I didn't realize the theme early on but its constant presence in these later episodes are fairly interesting (the themes is right to take a life and the value of a life if you couldn't tell). The shows' Western style fits the themes pretty well with the vigilantes who took the law into their own hands.

cajunator

Banned
Strike Witches - 1~6

The year is 1944. Woman pants don't exist. Massive amount of crotch shots are inevitable. Also boobs and animal ear/tails too, because reasons.

Anyway, I'm getting strong Eureka Seven vibes (especially AO, but it's actually fun to watch). So far it's been interesting, but it's more of a comedy full of fanservice than it's a "serious" fighting anime.

Strike witches shouldnt be taken seriously but its really fun. It does have a few moments of peril but things work out ok.

Nadia is on Hulu, AWW YISS! Rewatch time :)

Appreciate the heads up.

cnet128

Banned
Nobunagun 6

Fun little creepy standalone episode which served to introduce a new group of E-Gene Holders. The Gaudi kid is pretty likable, and I find his little crush on Shio (who he's never met...) rather cute, even if that girl really doesn't need any more rivals for her affections XD

Shio herself didn't appear in this episode at all, though, and that makes me sad.

Kinmoza! 01

Homestay in England and then back to Japan again. Good first episode. Interesting, cute and funny.

Some of the backgrounds looks quite nice too. Kinda strange mix with anime characters and those backgrounds, but I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom