• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gintama 25

Finally.

I can't think of any anime episode that had me cracking up from start to finish, if I can expect this quality going forward then I'm really gonna love this show.

Yep. I genuinely can only think of maybe 1 or 2 small arcs I found myself not laughing that much after this jumping point. It's incredibly how consistent the quality is with this manga and anime. And just wait until more of the characters are introduced. I like them all, except for a certain character whose archetype tries to replace Katsura.

cajunator

Banned
Kinmoza! 01

Homestay in England and then back to Japan again. Good first episode. Interesting, cute and funny.

Some of the backgrounds looks quite nice too. Kinda strange mix with anime characters and those backgrounds, but I like it.

A full series of more adorableness than you can bear awaits you.

Trigun 26
A fitting end for the series I suppose at least the later half. The first half was just a giant flashback. Knives was an okay final villain but it was way too forced with him. They didn't really need to make him so crazy.
Also, does Knives think he and Vash are plants. There's like no reason why he should think this. They share almost nothing with plants.

Noragami Episode 6

I like it best when this show gets serious to show me dem animation chops. Plus I always loved the serious arcs of Gintama. Yukine being a wimp is starting to piss me off, but Yato not explaining everything properly is a big part of the issue. I have a feeling
these two will continue to struggle with each other and fighting trampy lady, then the anime original character will show up and they'll probably all join up to defeat him.

Once the anime is over I'll read the manga. I'm loving this

Midonin

Saki The Nationals 06

Yay, a bit of Achiga again! Even if it was only one scene, Shizu's always a treat. Poor Hisa, getting beat down like that with her crisis of confidence. Really pumped when she got it back, especially at the end of the episode with the hand of fire that turns the winds of the game. Hiroe's accent and attitude were cute, too.

Narag

Trigun 26
A fitting end for the series I suppose at least the later half. The first half was just a giant flashback. Knives was an okay final villain but it was way too forced with him. They didn't really need to make him so crazy.
Also, does Knives think he and Vash are plants. There's like no reason why he should think this. They share almost nothing with plants.

They're definitely not human which leaves the one alternative.

Nourin 05

sbMoUI1l.jpg

A NEW HORIZON HAS OPENED AND IT WAS GLORIOUS.

Besides the :DTL all over the place, I really enjoyed the whole Elite 4 of the Agricultural School. It was silly enough that it was pretty hilarious.

Narag

oh neat, Trigun's OP is fixed nowdays. Pioneer release from way back when used the first episode's OP for every ep afterwards.

cajunator

Banned
Nourin 05

sbMoUI1l.jpg

A NEW HORIZON HAS OPENED AND IT WAS GLORIOUS.

Besides the :DTL all over the place, I really enjoyed the whole Elite 4 of the Agricultural School. It was silly enough that it was pretty hilarious.

This show looks so random. Really curious what its about. Other screenshots looked like a completely different show.

Acosta

I have watched the first episode Yuru Yuri as some of you were so happy for the the news about it, actually first time I tried to watch a "yuri", I was thinking it could be like Yuyushiki with some added romance stuff that I could bear, buuuuut...

I think is not my thing. I guess that if i want "cute kids doing cute stuff" I can watch K-On or Kinmoza or something like that without have a romance angle (I think?).

The sister room was scary stuff :p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
nisekoi 05
probably the most juvenile and pathetic thing i have watched in a long time. this exploitative pool episode relies on the most tired anime/manga loop of showing girls off in light clothing, guys overreacting to it, and if that's not enough of a punchline they are then physically abused. is this supposed to be funny to people, or do i still need to be fourteen years old to find this erotic?

Jex

[Space Dandy] - 6

This is one of those classic Space Dandy episodes where the title tells you everything you need to know. It's going to be about one joke, that they explore from a number of fairly silly angles throughout the episode and then there's going to be a very well animated sequence at the end. I found it rather boring, others clearly enjoyed, so it really fits pretty closely in line with the reactions that other episodes have gotten so far. And that's fine. The show has kind of found it's rhythm and that's the main thing.

I'm not saying this to be particularly "trollish" but I'm honestly enjoying Nisekoi more than this and I'm not entirely sure why. Nisekoi is very standard stuff, executed to a standard level but it's still consistently enjoyable. Space Dandy varies greatly from episode to episode due to the staff members in charge and so it's a lot more variable with higher highs and lower lows. Well, I guess I do understand why I'm enjoying Nisekoi more.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm enjoying Chu2 more than Space Dandy.

Narag

[Space Dandy] - 6

I'm not saying this to be particularly "trollish" but I'm honestly enjoying Nisekoi more than this and I'm not entirely sure why. Nisekoi is very standard stuff, executed to a standard level but it's still consistently enjoyable. Space Dandy varies greatly from episode to episode due to the staff members in charge and so it's a lot more variable with higher highs and lower lows. Well, I guess I do understand why I'm enjoying Nisekoi more.

Not trollish at all. I get this feeling from, well, everyone. Not Nisekoi so much but <insert favorite show here>.

Midonin

Tonari no Seki-kun 06-07

No episode next week, likely due to the Olympics, so we get two today.

For 6, this is the Robot Family one that's been promoted since before the show began. Seeing Poptimus Prime and the rest of the family was really creative, and Rumi's slowly coming around to the side of the school of Seki. Plus it had Ichiro Mizuki doing an insert song, which rocks. Those figures must have some amazing posability.

7 was great, too. Looks like Seki got a more professional looking stamp. I think everybody but the teachers knows about his antics, and also apparently ship him with Rumi. Didn't expect I could be so amused by paperwork.

They're definitely not human which leaves the one alternative.

He could have said that they were a new kind of organism. They kind of fail all requirements for being being plants except for being alive. They don't have chlorophyll, they have complex organs, they don't reproduce via seeds, they require consumption of outside sources for energy, they have blood, they don't grow back lost limbs and they can think fully consciously

jman2050

nisekoi 05
probably the most juvenile and pathetic thing i have watched in a long time. this exploitative pool episode relies on the most tired anime/manga loop of showing girls off in light clothing, guys overreacting to it, and if that's not enough of a punchline they are then physically abused. is this supposed to be funny to people, or do i still need to be fourteen years old to find this erotic?

Everyone has a 14-year old inside of them.

Unless they're actually 13 or something, in which case they don't, maybe. And I guess if you're yourself 14 would you really say you have a 14-year old inside of you?

The questions I ask...

Narag

He could have said that they were a new kind of organism. They kind of fail all requirements for being being plants except for being alive. They don't have chlorophyll, they have complex organs, they don't reproduce via seeds, they require consumption of outside sources for energy, they have blood, they don't grow back lost limbs and they can think fully consciously

They're not literally plants, they're interdimensional beings called that. Think power plant.

Jex

Not trollish at all. I get this feeling from, well, everyone. Not Nisekoi so much but <insert favorite show here>.

Well, Nisekoi is hardly my favourite show, indeed it might even be near the bottom of an albeit short list. I was just pointing out how wildly variable Dandy can be and how I appreciate sameness because I am an old man.

cajunator

Banned
Recently My Sister Is Unusual - 06

If only.

Yall still satching this? I have to admit Im curious where it will go

Tonari no Seki-kun 06-07

No episode next week, likely due to the Olympics, so we get two today.

For 6, this is the Robot Family one that's been promoted since before the show began. Seeing Poptimus Prime and the rest of the family was really creative, and Rumi's slowly coming around to the side of the school of Seki. Plus it had Ichiro Mizuki doing an insert song, which rocks. Those figures must have some amazing posability.

7 was great, too. Looks like Seki got a more professional looking stamp. I think everybody but the teachers knows about his antics, and also apparently ship him with Rumi. Didn't expect I could be so amused by paperwork.

Well I guess two episodes makes up for nothing next week. Will still miss it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ai Mai Mi 1-13

Well that was a bit of a waste of time. And I usually LIKE nonsensical humor, but this show was just kinda dumb. There were a few moments that made me laugh (and the time vortex episode was good), but overall...meh.

Kinmoza! 02

This episode is brought to you by the JNTO.

Lots of moe talk and foreigner obsession in this episode.

Uh... And how many girls with brown-red-ish hair and a fang were there last year in comedy anime exactly?

Still really funny. Even something unintentionally funny:

madp

The Light of El Cantare
[Space Dandy] - 6

This is one of those classic Space Dandy episodes where the title tells you everything you need to know. It's going to be about one joke, that they explore from a number of fairly silly angles throughout the episode and then there's going to be a very well animated sequence at the end. I found it rather boring, others clearly enjoyed, so it really fits pretty closely in line with the reactions that other episodes have gotten so far. And that's fine. The show has kind of found it's rhythm and that's the main thing.

There's no point in mincing words when discussing how funny one finds a show because comedy either works for the individual or it doesn't. It's why I frequently drop comedies minutes into the first episode while I'm much more open about giving other genres the benefit of the doubt for longer periods of time. For the record, Nisekoi is one of several anime airing this season that I find funnier than Space Dandy and that includes some shows I've already dropped.

Tonari no Seki-kun 06

Ok first off, this one was hilarious. But something is irking me about this girl judging Seki-kun for some really stupid reasons, she takes these games just as seriously if not more seriously than him, so why judge him? But besides her taking the entertainment away, this episode had the incredible...

ROBOTTTOOOOOOOOOOOO ROBOTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROBOTTOOOOOO KAZOKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure! 12

Bahahahaha poor Wester, he's really not very good at this whole villaining thing, is he?

So yeah, WIGS EVERYWHERE and it was glorious. Plenty of opportunity for cameos, too - I know I spotted Cure Rouge, Cure Dream and Cure White wigs, and there were probably more that I didn't catch. Also, Tart's wig that started the whole thing off was truly fabulous.

Oh, and I suppose I can't let this shot go unmentioned...

Love x Love OTP =p

Gazoinks

Tonari no Seki-kun 06

Ok first off, this one was hilarious. But something is irking me about this girl judging Seki-kun for some really stupid reasons, she takes these games just as seriously if not more seriously than him, so why judge him? But besides her taking the entertainment away, this episode had the incredible...

Because otherwise there wouldn't be any contrast between the characters and it's not as interesting. :p

Link Man

Banned
Tonari no Seki-kun 06

She was my main problem with the two episodes I watched. This is a visual medium, YOU DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN A VISUAL JOKE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom