• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time Episode 6 and 7

Seki kun laughing was the highlight but both were fairly boring affairs. Robots was too drawn out while postal stuff was too detailed. They lack any sort of charm or comedy.

I've accepted a challenge from Banduil to watch episode 14 of Aquarion EVOL I know nothing about the series but was told it has the best birthday in anime

Man I've only just started Bravely Default and I can already tell I won't be watching as much anime as I usually do, if at all haha. I'm utterly charmed by everything in the game. The characters, the music and the artstyle have pierced me heart mateys. Not to mention the level of depth with the combat and online/village building features.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah I saw the FBI warning logo, it never hit me, but no other movies I watched had that which is pretty funny.
It's probably the first time I've seen it on a big screen at least. lol
Yeah I think the way they structured the movie is what made it work really well. They cut down all the fluff and extra stuff from the series and just focused mostly on the characters and how they looked back on the events involving Menma. Though it is not very friendly to non-TV viewers since the movie sorta expects you to know what these characters went through.
I think by the time the movie ends, you sort of understand that it's about a girl who died and the friends trying to accept her death. I figure someone new watching the movie would probably be more likely to enjoy the story than if they had to sit through some of the more Okada moments of the series anyway. lol

Yeah, it was pretty awesome. I think everyone there was expecting the song to start playing cause when it played I could tell that few people where like "fuck yeah it happened" lol
Kimi to natsu no owari shourai no yume
Ookina kibou wasurenai
Juu nen go no hachigatsu
Mata deaeru no wo shinjite
Saikou no omoide wo...

So loud! So many tears. :(

Atmos for life.

Jintor

I feel like I'm a little off the crowd with BD. I can see why people would like it, and I admit I find the custom job-classing thing very powerful, but there's a lot about it I just find kind of irritating.

But I've been playing for about 50 hours or something so it can't be all bad!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think it was the mashup with fox licking glass and it I think.
Like this?

foxlick.gif

This is slightly rough since I'm off to bed.

Articalys

God, I hate how Funimation typesets things -- or rather, how what they do barely counts as typesetting. At least Crunchyroll varies the font, color, and sometimes even position to match the text. And do they really need to typeset the show's logo when it shows up in the OP and at the commercial break?

Quasar

Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time Episode 6 and 7

Seki kun laughing was the highlight but both were fairly boring affairs. Robots was too drawn out while postal stuff was too detailed. They lack any sort of charm or comedy.

I found them pretty amusing and entertaining. With 6 I especially liked Yokoi's role in it all. Was nice to see her being proactive.

cnet128

Banned
Eh, at least they will put some amount of effort into more Yuruyuri. Their show from this season is so bad.

Oh, you did not just say that.

Correct Dogakobo ranking:

Mikakunin > YuruYuri > Love Lab > GJ-bu.

And I quite liked GJ-bu.

Space Dandy 6

Ahahah, I thought this was an all right episode overall, nothing particularly special, but that ending was glorious.

duckroll

God, I hate how Funimation typesets things -- or rather, how what they do barely counts as typesetting. At least Crunchyroll varies the font, color, and sometimes even position to match the text. And do they really need to typeset the show's logo when it shows up in the OP and at the commercial break?

Their credit subtitles in the Space Dandy ED is the most offensive thing I've seen in a while. It's just an ugly wall of text slapped on the screen.

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 19 – A True Magi
tumblr_n0r3cj0ahs1rydwbvo2_500.gif

The fighting on foot felt drawn out and it just makes me greatly dislike the fanalis folks but the magic was really intense and on point.
Confused at what Alibaba is doing there and what his goal is if he knew Aladdin was going to Magnoshutatt and this war coming out.
But otherwise it just reaffirmed by belief that Magnoshutatt is the right side of things and deserves to be protected, saved, and to prosper. I hope they can hold out and last. Finally, the Kou Empire folks, is that just a different plot or something? I fear we dont have any clue what they want or are doing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Surely you should talk about Masahiko Oota instead since he's the director of both YuruYuri and Love Lab. Shows like Mikakunin and GJ-bu will not be as affected by YuruYuri.

survivor

Banned
It's probably the first time I've seen it on a big screen at least. lol

I think by the time the movie ends, you sort of understand that it's about a girl who died and the friends trying to accept her death. I figure someone new watching the movie would probably be more likely to enjoy the story than if they had to sit through some of the more Okada moments of the series anyway. lol

Kimi to natsu no owari shourai no yume
Ookina kibou wasurenai
Juu nen go no hachigatsu
Mata deaeru no wo shinjite
Saikou no omoide wo...

So loud! So many tears. :(
btw did you end up getting the postcard? I had no idea how many copies were available but they were gone by the time I was there :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dogakobo should adapt Yuri Danshi.
The black sheep of the English yuri manga world!

btw did you end up getting the postcard? I had no idea how many copies were available but they were gone by the time I was there :(
They didn't have any at all. I don't know if they just didn't bother to check or whatever. I'm actually considering going to it again to see if I can grab one. lol

cnet128

Banned
Surely you should talk about Masahiko Oota instead since he's the director of both YuruYuri and Love Lab. Shows like Mikakunin and GJ-bu will not be as affected by YuruYuri.

Come to think of it, we still don't know anything about Sabage-bu except that Ohta and Aoshima are working on it, do we? When are we going to hear more about that? =/

Nafe

Mushishi is completely episodic, following Ginko as he encounters different people and different situations, so I'm sure you could start with the new season. But you shouldn't, because Mushishi is the greatest TV anime ever made and so demands to be seen by everyone. Alternatively, you could watch the recent 1-hour special, which is as good a stopping point as anything. If that doesn't motivate you to watch the original season, then nothing will.

Its completely episodic so I imagine you could just jump right in to season 2 when it airs. You'd miss out on some background info on Ginko but thats it.

Well the beginning of the series makes some mention of what the show is about but realistically, they explain it most episodes anyway so by and large it's a series that you can drop in at any point. I think a couple of people have recommended the recent 1 hour OVA as a good introduction if you're on the fence.

Ok, thanks guys. :)
If I have time I'll try and see if I can start from the beginning but maybe first I'll try watching that special if nothing else.

Well it was only something I did a few days back since with Bravely Default people have been clamoring for 3ds codes and I figured it would be neat to have an AnimeGAF list. Apparently doing it late at night didn't work out too well since I've added codes to people that shouldn't have them. Hmmm.

What do friend codes even do as far as Bravely Default?
I'd like to get a 3DS though so I can play games such as BD. I'd also like to finally get a PS3 as well. I want to try out some games like the Demon/Dark Souls for example.

Nice. Thanks Regulus and madp. :)

I notice your posts gashikun.
I unfortunately can't really comment though because I haven't seen the shows you've been talking about yet. :(

What about Yotsubato! I remember recommending the manga for you, did you read it?
If you want to recommend me anything to watch just say it, I don't have many problems with watching anime. Or maybe you should watch one I already have watched, like Doremi?

Well it was only something I did a few days back since with Bravely Default people have been clamoring for 3ds codes and I figured it would be neat to have an AnimeGAF list. Apparently doing it late at night didn't work out too well since I've added codes to people that shouldn't have them. Hmmm.

Senpai, I'm playing BD:fts on my japanese 3DS. FC:5241-3156-6584.

Urusei Yatsura - 02~10

uzmt4h7.jpg
u4F6wCU.jpg

Like I said, a love triangle.

If it was a simple love triangle, when you have a free soul like Ataru It'll not stop at a love triangle.
Haha, Ataru is worse than unlucky, at least his kind of character is liked by/or is friend with the males characters but he's hated by his "friends", "family", "city", "planet", "universe", etc etc.
Episode 10 was nice without the two parts, I actually had to go back and check it.

MMRIV

I watch this shit just for this moment. Pretty good impression there.

Articalys

Their credit subtitles in the Space Dandy ED is the most offensive thing I've seen in a while. It's just an ugly wall of text slapped on the screen.
It's really atrocious and I'd like to hope the only reason most people don't call them out on it is because they don't know what good typesetting looks like. I mean, look at what Crunchyroll does for Sekai Seifuku's OP -- when they show the series logo in the OP it changes color about six times in a few seconds and the translated typeset title matches it beat for beat.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Urusei Yatsura - 02~10

If it was a simple love triangle, when you have a free soul like Ataru It'll not stop at a love triangle.
Haha, Ataru is worse than unlucky, at least his kind of character is liked by/or is friend with the males characters but he's hated by his "friends", "family", "city", "planet", "universe", etc etc.
Episode 10 was nice without the two parts, I actually had to go back and check it.
Both the triangle and the two-part format will end by S2.

Something shocking happens to Shinobu: She moves on.

Nobunaga The Fool Episode 6 The Strength

Wow what even, Mitsu of all characters to embrace the demon and kill him off and then Himiko from whoever the other character is. Everything around Nobu is falling apart
Stay strong.

Scene in the waterfall and lake was powerful.

Nafe

What about Yotsubato! I remember recommending the manga for you, did you read it?
If you want to recommend me anything to watch just say it, I don't have many problems with watching anime. Or maybe you should watch one I already have watched, like Doremi?

I actually haven't gotten to it yet, no.
I'm actually not much of a manga reader really. There's even been shows that I've liked that have kind of a "read the manga" ending that I've actually thought about going to read the manga to see what happens but ultimately don't...

I'll have to think of some shows I've seen that you might like or maybe some more unknown shows that I think more people should watch like maybe Windy Tales for example.

I'd actually like to watch Doremi and I see you're just starting to get into Urusei Yatsura which I'd also like to watch. It's really more that they're long running shows. I don't have anything against long running shows themselves but I only have so much time and am watching a few currently airing anime as well, so a long running show would kind of fill a "block" of time I've set aside and if I watch too many long running shows I wouldn't really have time anymore for currently airing shows. I actually just started watching Gintama, which I actually would recommend if you haven't seen it yet, and I've been going at a pace of about an episode a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom