• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
You know that's a Clannad reference right? Dango Family reference in particular.
fantasia2.png

jman2050

I'm trying to decide between which one I get first: Bravely Default, Rune Factory 4, Link Between Worlds, or Fire Emblem Awakening

This seems like an impossible decision.

The good thing about the title change is that it got me to check out Sakamoto desu ga?, which indeed is quite fabulous. I don't know if it would work well as anime though, since a lot of it is driven by elaborate character art that likely wouldn't translate.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm trying to decide between which one I get first: Bravely Default, Rune Factory 4, Link Between Worlds, or Fire Emblem Awakening

Fire Emblem Awakening imo. So many waifus, so little time.

And some good :sdburton to boot too!

In Fire Emblem you can be the Miyukichi or if you REALLY need to waifu someone your daughter will be the Miyukichi.

Defuser

The good thing about the title change is that it got me to check out Sakamoto desu ga?, which indeed is quite fabulous. I don't know if it would work well as anime though, since a lot of it is driven by elaborate character art that likely wouldn't translate.

If there was a Swagamoto anime. I want Takehito Koyasu to voice swagamoto.

All the games are good but in terms of order, I'd probably say get it in almost the exact order you have it listed, with Zelda being last. I'm listing it from Rare to Common availability.

I mean, yes, there's eShop, but I'm assuming that you want physical.

Gintama 2

He changed by changing his misfortune into fortune in combat. What a boss. Will Odd Jobs ever get any money?

Articalys

Anyway, to continue my earlier complaints about typesetting, on one hand you have this...

A2uU5mq.jpg
1R7bQy6.jpg
MQlWUxS.jpg

XPvM9ZG.jpg

jSsBhjB.jpg

WJDQDv6.jpg

...formatted carefully with font, color, and placement to match the existing title. And that's when they even bother to typeset the title, which is something I think is unnecessary in the first place.

And on the other hand you have this lazy garbage:

Z9mihi6.jpg

Yf1876a.jpg

AkM6HNa.jpg

Can you really blame me for despairing whenever Funi picks up a series I like for simulcasting?

Ah ah ah , i have a worse problem i have those games but i haven't started playing them

Chop through the gordian knot by getting SMT4.
I, can do that because i'm in europe.
:(

---------------------------
Maken-ki ( two ) - 02

Well , well
A memory loss episode.

This was kinda good , i hint of plot , several nice comic moments a a good chunk of role reversing from season 1.

This clothe disapearing tech was actually quite nice , but it's inferior to the kind of disapearing clothes , lala in toloveru

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Toss up between Fire Emblem Awakening and Link Between Worlds.

LBW was my GoTY for 2013 but I'm playing through Fire Emblem Awakening and the waifu simulation gameplay is amazing.

Anyway, to continue my earlier complaints about typesetting, on one hand you have this...

Can you really blame me for despairing whenever Funi picks up a series I like for simulcasting?

I dont really understand the concern over something as minor as the type chosen for the font of the title. They bring us the anime simulcasted and even at times with a home release promised, and then people still have the audacity to find something so minor to complain about is really just baffling and bizarre. I could see if it was something with translation and etc, but something like the colour, font size, and etc of the title?

Shergal

It would definitely not work as well as an anime. Those sudden spreads with blinding light and shoujo-style fabulousness only have that kind of impact in manga form, lol.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Just give it to SHAFT then :3

Recently, I thought my sister was a part of a lesbian cosplay couple.....and I'm relatively okay with it 6

What an imagination he's got.

lol at the MGS segment.

Would have been perfect if he yelled out his name at the end.

Articalys

I dont really understand the concern over something as minor as the type chosen for the font of the title. They bring us the anime simulcasted and even at times with a home release promised, and then people still have the audacity to find something so minor to complain about is really just baffling and bizarre. I could see if it was something with translation and etc, but something like the colour, font size, and etc of the title?
Fine, font and color are slightly more minor grievances, but what it all does (for me at least) is work to blend in the typeset translation more naturally with the scene and makes it less distracting. Not to say that every typeset TL from Crunchyroll is perfect, but they're sure a lot better on average than Funi. And just licensing the show doesn't automatically give them a free pass against any kind of complaints, especially when their competition is providing what I view as a superior service (well, except for the recent uptick in delays).

Am I really alone in this?

Gintama 3

So... we hit the rewind button in order to give us "back story" for the characters introduced in the two part special? Kind of like Berserk giving us the Golden Age arc after its initial chapters to fill out the shit that happened to Guts... but probably not as long?

Anywho, looks to be where it also got the mottos it was spouting out in the special.

Gintama 3

So... we hit the rewind button in order to give us "back story" for the characters introduced in the two part special? Kind of like Berserk giving us the Golden Age arc after its initial chapters to fill out the shit that happened to Guts... but probably not as long?

The first two episodes were an anime-original story that threw in most of the characters all at once. From the third episode on, Gintama adapts the manga proper.

Gazoinks

Bakemonogatari 2

Ooh, good episode. Started off goofy (and lewd :p) and then got daaark.
Cult. Attempted rape. Stabbing. Family problems. Friendship! I liked how the weight ended up being more symbolic and how Arararararararagi ended up taking it on.

cajunator

Banned
Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha - 03

I support this ship. The chemistry is there, and unf unf Uka-sama will have his heart in no time.

I dont see any yuri here. Im confused.

URUSAI! URUSAI! URUSAI!

please no :(

yzphvojl.jpg

I can't believe how fucking shameless this is. This is so terrible!

precure was born to peddle plastic and other stuff shamelessly. Its no different here.

Oh, you did not just say that.

Correct Dogakobo ranking:

Mikakunin > YuruYuri > Love Lab > GJ-bu.

And I quite liked GJ-bu.

Space Dandy 6

Ahahah, I thought this was an all right episode overall, nothing particularly special, but that ending was glorious.

Not a bad show in those 4. Hopefully gjbu gets licensed.

maken-ki ( two ) episode 3

This episode was

was

incredible
Kato_marika.gif

BEST perverted FANSERVICE of 2014.
I don't think anyone will be able to do better this year.
i don't have the words ... i don't have enought strenght to gif this episode ..
i don't even know where to start giffing
Worse i don't know what i can gif that won't be NFSW

this is the most stupid plot device ever for the most INCREDIBLE episode i've seen in a while. i'm going to sleep now , with a smile on my face.

This was like just so embarassing , so cute , so charming ...

OMG the nurse , the fights , the naps , the mayhem ... THE WHOLE PACKAGE ..magnificent !!

VIVA Catgirls... !!

maken-ki ( two ) episode 3

This episode was

was

incredible

BEST perverted FANSERVICE of 2014.
I don't think anyone will be able to do better this year.
i don't have the words ... i don't have enought strenght to gif this episode ..
i don't even know where to start giffing
Worse i don't know what i can gif that won't be NFSW

this is the most stupid plot device ever for the most INCREDIBLE episode i've seen in a while. i'm going to sleep now , with a smile on my face.

This was like just so embarassing , so cute , so charming ...

OMG the nurse , the fights , the naps , the mayhem ... THE WHOLE PACKAGE ..magnificent !!

VIVA Catgirls... !!

The whole mating season addition really elevated that episode.

Speaking of Gintama, I'm going to be so sad if Kondo's alien suit never shows up again. The best. Kondo is the best.

Sorry to disappoint you but it never appears again. Another very cute character appears in an alien outfit though, don't remember when. Might've happened already.

Either ways Kondo continues to be amazing in different settings and different outfits so have no worries.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I like how the both of you fucked up the Quoting in the exact same way. Wow.

Thank goodness for edits!

Other than that, I guess I grasp everything I needed to know for Gintama then.

NeoGaffing is hard mang.

cajunator

Banned
Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha - 04

Legitimate :sdburton and firehawk12 was complaining?! Get outta here! :p

Definitely one of my favorite shows from this season, so good I even ship vanilla pairings.

Ive seen a very similar scene posted before. It was two tanned girls who looked nearly identical doing this same thing. Any idea who those were and what show?

HaCha ended up being shit so I told Dresden to change it to whatever he wanted. Why waste a perfectly good thread title?

I thought you loved it?

Gintama 4-5

Well, they're actually introducing them fairly quickly. Neat. And some back story to the Adrian Wars!

Subs seem to be better in episode 5, or at least they stuck out more thanks to the outlines. If it stays like this, then I can definitely deal with this until the change.

FrGTcg9.gif

Gintama 4-5

Well, they're actually introducing them fairly quickly. Neat. And some back story to the Adrian Wars!

Subs seem to be better in episode 5, or at least they stuck out more thanks to the outlines. If it stays like this, then I can definitely deal with this until the change.

I started to watch this with my friend. We're up to episode... 18 or so? And subs haven't bothered us besides a glaring typo every now and then.

santeesioux

Gintama 4-5

Oh crap, you're binging on this now? Try to keep tabs on how many episodes you watch a day pls.

GaoGaiGar - 10

So in this episode we learn that Guy carries his armor around a la Iron Man in a massive suitcase.

Why is it that when the people see one of the four generals or whoever, their first instinct is not to turn tail and get the hell away?

LOL. Hana's freaking out while Mamoru's been through so much of this shit he's all: "adults are so troublesome".

So now we've got an AI submarine autobot thrown into the mix. Neat.

Oh crap, you're binging on this now? Try to keep tabs on how many episodes you watch a day pls.

I started, but I'm not exactly activating binge mode yet. And considering Bravely Default is coming this week, I'm probably only going to binge up until it's in my hands. And then we'll just have a 20 ep a day dealio.

...formatted carefully with font, color, and placement to match the existing title. And that's when they even bother to typeset the title, which is something I think is unnecessary in the first place.

And on the other hand you have this lazy garbage:

Sure, the coloring and font are nice, but for some viewers the similar colors may blend into the original Japanese text making it more difficult to read. This is just an assumption as I too prefer unique typesetting.

What I do not like is any typesetting straight over the Japanese text. I may not be able to read Japanese yet, but I would at least like to be able to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom