• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
What...you're kidding me?! T-They never move on! Never!
He has no good points, but what harem MC has one?(I'm just being dumb, and generalizing. =p)
Key point: Ataru wants a harem, but never gets it. His depravity is not meant to be sympathetic, but played for laughs.

UY doesn't become an actual harem until it gets recasted in Tenchi Muyou, with Tenchi as Sympathetic Ataru, Ryouko as a more Kabuki styled Lum, and Aeka as a space version of Shinobu.

Mr.Jeff

What do friend codes even do as far as Bravely Default?
I'd like to get a 3DS though so I can play games such as BD. I'd also like to finally get a PS3 as well. I want to try out some games like the Demon/Dark Souls for example.
From what I can tell, friend's characters can act as summons in your game during battle to cause damage appropriate to their level. They also add to your villager count in the mini village building game that's part of it.

I think. I've not explored all that much with BD since I appear to be one of the few that isn't enjoying it all that much....

Senpai, I'm playing BD:fts on my japanese 3DS. FC:5241-3156-6584.
Noted!

Saki - the nationals - 06

What are you doing HISA , don't get nervous at this point !!

Anyway , it's not like i don't understand her , even i sometimes get nervous when i'm in the final stages of something i'm trully looking forward to...but still i expect a throught comeback next week .

wonzo

Banned
What happened to the lolipop hiphopcalypse
sakamotoswag1.png

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha - 04

HzCJ7PV.png

OTP! OTP! OTP!

Legitimate :sdburton and firehawk12 was complaining?! Get outta here! :p

Definitely one of my favorite shows from this season, so good I even ship vanilla pairings.

I actually haven't gotten to it yet, no.
I'm actually not much of a manga reader really. There's even been shows that I've liked that have kind of a "read the manga" ending that I've actually thought about going to read the manga to see what happens but ultimately don't...

I'll have to think of some shows I've seen that you might like or maybe some more unknown shows that I think more people should watch like maybe Windy Tales for example.

I'd actually like to watch Doremi and I see you're just starting to get into Urusei Yatsura which I'd also like to watch. It's really more that they're long running shows. I don't have anything against long running shows themselves but I only have so much time and am watching a few currently airing anime as well, so a long running show would kind of fill a "block" of time I've set aside and if I watch too many long running shows I wouldn't really have time anymore for currently airing shows. I actually just started watching Gintama, which I actually would recommend if you haven't seen it yet, and I've been going at a pace of about an episode a day.

Actually I watched Gintama( Keep watching it, it's really good, I'm trying to get my brother back on it, there was some episodes he didn't like and he has dropped it since then.) in the beggining of 2013. After Gunbuster then watched Gintama and then Diebuster.

Key point: Ataru wants a harem, but never gets it. His depravity is not meant to be sympathetic, but played for laughs.

UY doesn't become an actual harem until it gets recasted in Tenchi Muyou, with Tenchi as Sympathetic Ataru, Ryouko as a more Kabuki styled Lum, and Aeka as a space version of Shinobu.

Ataru really doesn't deserve a harem.
But I totally would get Shinobu as a waifu but on the other hand Aeka...ehh...

Edit: I forgot to ask, what's up with that alien who looks like a fish that appears pratically in all episodes?

Gintama 1

Welp, looks like we begin on my end, since my bandwidth is highly unlikely to kill itself before the refresh at midnight.

Also the subtitles look pretty ass on CR, but what can you do!?

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day movie

Because I felt like crying today.
The movie to one of the most heart wrenching series I've watched. The movie is a mixed bag for feelings. It shows the perspective of Memna, and affirms the affection between her and the group, and Jinta in particular.

I left sadder after watching the movie, the original series left on more positive note. Jinta and company had accepted Memnas death and had moved on with their lives. The film shows quite the opposite; a year later Jinta is still quite in love with Memna, Anaru still can't confront Jinta about her true feelings, and all the rest. The movie ends with Anaru and Tsuruko agreeing to wait for the day Jinta and Yukiatsu get over their dead waifu, to confess to them.

There is also the curve ball of the ending scenes, Memna reincarnating states that "Peace busters will be friends forever". No happy ending, no closure.

I feel conflicted. Memna is adorable, but obsessing over her death isn't healthy.
The signed poster, and "Letters from Memna" are awesome too, I'll be sure to keep them.

Any recommendations for a happy love story to counter balance the sadness?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Gintama 1

Welp, looks like we begin on my end, since my bandwidth is highly unlikely to kill itself before the refresh at midnight.

The subtitles get better past the second season i think, i don't like the subs for Gintama' that much though

Gintama 1

yeah they look ugly and have a couple of spelling errors. But keep going

also can somebody explain what that umbrella meme is from/what it means?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

I watched the first few eps of Maison Ikokku the other day, Godai is pretty much a carbon copy of Ataru, and considering he's already thinking of marrying Kyoko i can't see how the show will sustain itself for 90 eps.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Gintama 1

The subtitles for the first season are pretty lousy there isn't much you can really do. It gets better season 2 and forward.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So it's like how people say get past ep 25 or something.

The first several episodes will bore you to tears. The next few are not bad. After episode 25 (I think) the quality sky rockets and the show becomes amazing.

Articalys

I'm just going to choose to interpret the new title as either a wish for Nichijou S2 or waiting for the Strike Witches OVA starring Major Sakamoto. Manga references have no place in the anime thread title.

I like how the both of you fucked up the Quoting in the exact same way. Wow.

Thank goodness for edits!

Other than that, I guess I grasp everything I needed to know for Gintama then.

HaCha ended up being shit so I told Dresden to change it to whatever he wanted. Why waste a perfectly good thread title?

WHAT ?

Now i curious because i don't think you can drop a show and say it's *hit after 2 episodes .

---------------
Maken-ki ( two ) - 01

So here i am starting season 2 ..the BSR and PSR counter are still broken ...
The one thing i'm happy is that hentai/eichi show sells , so they can afford incredible animation for no reason ( see queen blade or to love ru ).. the result is quite stunning it's very nicely animated .

The plot seems to kick in pretty much where season 1 stopped , everything is the same and this first episode started with a small but perverted mistery.

YES a mistery.... and with it a question
Maken-Ki%21%20Two%20-%2001.jpg

??? what ??

i'll let you find the answer because i'm not even sure of the question.
Anyway , this episode focused on breasts so the fanservice was yet again off the roof.

This means that it's a pretty regular episode of maken-ki then.

Articalys

I just realized that duckroll's kept the same avatar for so long that's what I started to envision him as, so seeing his avatar on Miiverse is somewhat disconcerting.

wonzo

Banned
Tonari no Seki-kun 6-7

tonariseki6.jpg

The Robot Family already owned so much but to give them their own theme song!? omfg

I'm just going to choose to interpret the new title as either a wish for Nichijou S2 or waiting for the Strike Witches OVA starring Major Sakamoto. Manga references have no place in the anime thread title.
but sakamoto is anime. stay mad

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I watched the first few eps of Maison Ikokku the other day, Godai is pretty much a carbon copy of Ataru, and considering he's already thinking of marrying Kyoko i can't see how the show will sustain itself for 90 eps.
Hahaha

The other way is also true. MI is not like UY. Godai and Kyouko both develop as characters significantly and their relationship develops significantly. How does it sustain itself for 90 eps? Progression.

Pancakes

I just realized that duckroll's kept the same avatar for so long that's what I started to envision him as, so seeing his avatar on Miiverse is somewhat disconcerting.

He will always be toon link.

Midonin

Sky Girls 18-20

Two intense episodes here, and one heartwarming one. Elise pretty much became center of the show when she was introduced, and now Ayesha's taking up that mantle. (Also showing why Kataoka was chosen for the second ED.) She's cute, but so reclusive that her main purpose so far was the big bit of exposition dropped in episode 19.
So there's some environmentalism going on. The Worms are a virus-fighting-nanomachine cluster run amok and see humanity like cancer cells, and thus hate our power plants. Good intentions gone bad, and I don't think the whole environmentalism angle will come up after this, at least not too much.

The "enemy is inside the base" nature of episode 18 was nicely high-tension, and episode 20 brought back some elements that I sort of forgot about, ones from the beginning of the series. Takumi's love of photography and Karen's inability to deal with guys other than her brother.

Haruko and Ranko (and Ryohei) are rockin' it.

There've been hints that Otoha's a special case, as most protagonists are, since episode 1, but this is the first time it's really being delved into. Whatever happened to Yuuki almost certainly has to do with her. I liked the developments of these episodes, and the show is pacing itself well enough. Though the eyecatches have shown Ayesha with her own Sonic Diver, but I have no clue when she's actually going to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom