• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey AnimeGAF what do you get when you mix a Zeon with a fire starter Pokemon.

A CHARmander.

What do you get when you combine my foot with your ass.

SMDC3CI.gif

References. amirite?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Saki S2 6
This episode was strangely hype because of the way it basically pulled in material from the new spinoff series and also had, presumably, more original Side-A material. This is truly a television franchise. lol

But my favourite part was the most hypest part of the anime and probably a callback to my favourite moment from the original series.

I'll link it here since it's like an 8 meg gif and it's a bit of a spoiler I suppose: http://i.minus.com/ig0E31oNX3lJe.gif

So good!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda Episode 4
sekai seifuku continues to be the funnest show of the season.

BluWacky

It's really atrocious and I'd like to hope the only reason most people don't call them out on it is because they don't know what good typesetting looks like. I mean, look at what Crunchyroll does for Sekai Seifuku's OP -- when they show the series logo in the OP it changes color about six times in a few seconds and the translated typeset title matches it beat for beat.

Or, alternatively, I don't complain about Funi's typesetting because I don't care very much? I can watch the ED without subtitles at all on Youtube any time I want, and at least Funi bother to translate the credits unlike Crunchyroll. Where are you going to stuff them without covering even more of the screen up?

I'm not saying fansub-style typesetting isn't pretty and clever and all, but it's an exception born out of Crunchyroll's uniquely symbiotic relationship with fansubbing, whereas Funi is taking its cue from professional subtitling of foreign films (I know you don't like seeing anime films in the cinema any more, but this is exactly how most anime screenings treat subtitles, let alone "mainstream" foreign cinema).

Articalys

All right, all right, I overreacted a bit. Can we at least agree that typesetting the show's logo when it shows up in the corner of the screen for three seconds after the commercial break is overkill, though? That's where the more annoying problem is for me anyway.

Kite

Many years ago I was the librarian for my uni's anime club and I showed ep 1 of Mushishi in the random show slot. The fucking peons were all either disinterested or downright bored and many walked out to go get food. That was over half a decade ago and it still irritates me whenever Mushishi is brought up, freaking casuals >_______>

Link Man

Banned
Higurashi 9

Well that was super creepy, and not just because of
the coach
. One of the better starts to a chapter in this series.

Btw, the comedy sfx sound like they were ripped straight out of a Hanna-Barbera cartoon.

Articalys

Oh boy, here we go, Newtype ranking time, after not seeing it in a while.
Guys:

1) Koyomi Araragi (Monogatari Series)
2) Kira Yamato (Gundam SEED)
3) Deishu Kaiki (Monogatari Series)
4) Aladdin (Magi)
5) Kirito (Sword Art Online)
6) Eren Yeager (Attack on Titan)
7) Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
8) Oda Nobunaga (Nobunaga the Fool)
9) Shiroe (Log Horizon)
10) Producer (Idolmaster)

-----------------------------

Girls:

1) Haruka Amami (Idolmaster)
2) Chihaya Kisaragi (Idolmaster)
3) Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
4) Saber (Fate/stay night)
5) Super Sonico (Super Sonico)
6) Yayoi Takatsuki (Idolmaster)
7) Homura Akemi (Madoka Magica)
8) Yukina Himeragi (Strike the Blood)
9) Asuna (Sword Art Online)
10) Shinobu Oshino (Monogatari Series)

------------------------

Series:

1) Idolmaster
2) Kill la Kill
3) Gundam Build Fighters
4) Madoka Magica
5) Strike the Blood
6) Nobunaga the Fool
7) Chuunibyou Ren
8) Sword Art Online
9) Nagi no Asukara
10) Noragami

m0t0k1

lol @ broducer comming in at nr10 i love me some idolm@ster probably one of my favorite anime of all time but broducer is pretty generic. Too bad to see my girls Rin from fate and Miki from Im@s not in this poll but there i can understand there is enough im@s already on there.

Quasar

Many years ago I was the librarian for my uni's anime club and I showed ep 1 of Mushishi in the random show slot. The fucking peons were all either disinterested or downright bored and many walked out to go get food. That was over half a decade ago and it still irritates me whenever Mushishi is brought up, freaking casuals >_______>

I was pretty meh on it too. Much prefer Natsume.

Maybe I should try again now that I have some distance from Natsume.

Thoraxes

Oreshura - 01

e3gPTWO.png

Well, that was a fun first episode. The
hot girl being a major troll
was great, and she has a nice voice too (Yukari Tamura).

I don't know which side to pick right now, but I'll know in due time.

nQb0Sll.png

y3a0CWN.png

cajunator

Banned
Oreshura - 01

e3gPTWO.png

Well, that was a fun first episode. The
hot girl being a major troll
was great, and she has a nice voice too (Yukari Tamura).

I don't know which side to pick right now, but I'll know in due time.

nQb0Sll.png

y3a0CWN.png

I do love the soft art style in oreshura.

Reknoc

Tonari no Seki-kun 6

This is best episode since the shogi one. The song killed me

Tonari no Seki-kub 7

Another 1:1 episode made slightly better by HanaKana in her 2nd best role.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Tonari no Seki-kun Episodes 6 and 7:

More and more I am becoming convinced that this series is going to end with Rumi snapping and stabbing Seki with a pen-knife over wasting time one too many times.

Gintama 13

Hey, something serious! Probably the first time we've seen Gintoki... cornered in a sense.

Digged the One Piece reference though! Guessing we have our main villains as of this episode? Or should I not worry about it?

cajunator

Banned
All right, all right, I overreacted a bit. Can we at least agree that typesetting the show's logo when it shows up in the corner of the screen for three seconds after the commercial break is overkill, though? That's where the more annoying problem is for me anyway.

yeah its kind of annoying. The whole thing is more subjective anyway. Theres an officially recognized way to subtitle but it isnt necessarily the most fun way it can be done.

Sayaka never gets enough appreciation from Madoka fans. ;_;

I like all the Madoka girls but my favorite is Kyoko.

cnet128

Banned

Is...is that Wester and Setsuna?

But Setsuna's OTP is Love!

Does the series have a manga by any chance?

I don't believe so, no.

I'm not crazy about the font choice though. At a glance it reads as Sakura Trich to me.

Well, that's part of the actual logo, not the sub typesetting, so take it up with the manga author =p

Guys:

1) Koyomi Araragi (Monogatari Series)
2) Kira Yamato (Gundam SEED)
3) Deishu Kaiki (Monogatari Series)
4) Aladdin (Magi)
5) Kirito (Sword Art Online)
6) Eren Yeager (Attack on Titan)
7) Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
8) Oda Nobunaga (Nobunaga the Fool)
9) Shiroe (Log Horizon)

Fuck yeah Araragi! Fuck yeah Kaiki!

Girls:

3) Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
4) Saber (Fate/stay night)
5) Super Sonico (Super Sonico)
7) Homura Akemi (Madoka Magica)
8) Yukina Himeragi (Strike the Blood)
9) Asuna (Sword Art Online)
10) Shinobu Oshino (Monogatari Series)

Meh, all those Idolmaster girls I don't know.

I do love the soft art style in oreshura.

Yesyesyes! It's wonderful.

Fresh Precure! 15

Another episode of Setsuna trying to be evil while being gradually overwhelmed by the sheer force of wonderfulness that is Love. Which would be great even on its own, but of course we have to have a monster of the week as well, so Souler brings the goods. His Nakiwameke are always entertaining, and this one is no exception - an evil parrot that forces people to say what they're really thinking, causing arguments everywhere.

Of course this backfires spectacularly as far as Love is concerned, only serving to prove that yes, she really is as pure and wonderful as she seems. And once the Nakiwameke is defeated, all the people who had their true feelings exposed apologised to each other and it was totally fine. Many of them were even better off for it! Faith in humanity: 1, Souler: 0.

Fresh Precure! 15

Another episode of Setsuna trying to be evil while being gradually overwhelmed by the sheer force of wonderfulness that is Love. Which would be great even on its own, but of course we have to have a monster of the week as well, so Souler brings the goods. His Nakiwameke are always entertaining, and this one is no exception - an evil parrot that forces people to say what they're really thinking, causing arguments everywhere.

Of course this backfires spectacularly as far as Love is concerned, only serving to prove that yes, she really is as pure and wonderful as she seems. And once the Nakiwameke is defeated, all the people who had their true feelings exposed apologised to each other and it was totally fine. Many of them were even better off for it! Faith in humanity: 1, Souler: 0.

Oh right, this is the Eas arc. Damn good arc. Or rather close to it.

Saki S2 6
This episode was strangely hype because of the way it basically pulled in material from the new spinoff series and also had, presumably, more original Side-A material. This is truly a television franchise. lol

But my favourite part was the most hypest part of the anime and probably a callback to my favourite moment from the original series.

I'll link it here since it's like an 8 meg gif and it's a bit of a spoiler I suppose: http://i.minus.com/ig0E31oNX3lJe.gif

So good!

Let me guess(because I'm on mobile and my shit connection won't let me see it). Is it
Hisa doing a tsumo
, because that is the hypest move I know from Saki.

This episode was so good.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Let me guess(because I'm on mobile and my shit connection won't let me see it). Is it
Hisa doing a tsumo
, because that is the hypest move I know from Saki.

This episode was so good.
Yep!

I have to say, I love the "恋人といる時の雪って特別な気分に浸れて僕は好きです" tag and meme on twitter, mostly due to all the amazing fanart it's generating. Like this one or this one.
I'm pretty :kayos on this one, but I don't recognize anyone in the pictures. What's going on?

OceanBlue

Guys:

-----------------------------

Girls:

------------------------

Series:

1) Idolmaster
Aww yeah.

Glad to see Yayoi on this list. I feel like she was a bit shafted in the TV series (her episode became Iori's episode lol), so I have hope that the movie has some good Yayoi scenes. Also, I like the Producer lol. Otherwise, Haruka #1! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom