• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

Gintama 13

Hey, something serious! Probably the first time we've seen Gintoki... cornered in a sense.

Digged the One Piece reference though! Guessing we have our main villains as of this episode? Or should I not worry about it?

That's the episode with the space pirates? I guess one could say that they're the recurring villains with the biggest presence, but they aren't the actual main villains. Don't expect to see the actual main villains much though. Even the space pirates also don't appear often.

cajunator

Banned
iVHDNDSmW7LlC.gif
iVHDNDSmW7LlC.gif
iVHDNDSmW7LlC.gif

Told you all I was right all along. It is fact.

EDIT: Just realised Miki isn't even on the list. Double justice!

So cute!

Aww yeah.

Glad to see Yayoi on this list. I feel like she was a bit shafted in the TV series (her episode became Iori's episode lol), so I have hope that the movie has some good Yayoi scenes. Also, I like the Producer lol. Otherwise, Haruka #1! <3

Yayoi's little noise still sounds like my old camera focusing the lens.

Oh boy, here we go, Newtype ranking time, after not seeing it in a while.

Guys:

1) Koyomi Araragi (Monogatari Series)
2) Kira Yamato (Gundam SEED)
3) Deishu Kaiki (Monogatari Series)
4) Aladdin (Magi)
5) Kirito (Sword Art Online)
6) Eren Yeager (Attack on Titan)
7) Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
8) Oda Nobunaga (Nobunaga the Fool)
9) Shiroe (Log Horizon)
10) Producer (Idolmaster)

-----------------------------

Girls:

1) Haruka Amami (Idolmaster)
2) Chihaya Kisaragi (Idolmaster)
3) Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
4) Saber (Fate/stay night)
5) Super Sonico (Super Sonico)
6) Yayoi Takatsuki (Idolmaster)
7) Homura Akemi (Madoka Magica)
8) Yukina Himeragi (Strike the Blood)
9) Asuna (Sword Art Online)
10) Shinobu Oshino (Monogatari Series)

------------------------

Series:

1) Idolmaster
2) Kill la Kill
3) Gundam Build Fighters
4) Madoka Magica
5) Strike the Blood
6) Nobunaga the Fool
7) Chuunibyou Ren
8) Sword Art Online
9) Nagi no Asukara
10) Noragami

Kira yamato still strong i see .
I think shiroe should pick a higher place in this list in a couple of months

Acosta

Started Gargantia, it looks really cool! Like the aesthetics (the mecha is a bit weird but interesting nonetheless), the first battle was really nice and tense and the pace was excellent. Looks quite promising.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighter Episode 18:

Hands down this has been the best battle of the tournament thus far and just one of the best fights of the entire series. I do appreciate giving the Renato Brothers a serious attempt at credibility even though it was painfully obvious that Meijin was not jobbing. I did feel that we were kind of missing some backstory since they kept talking about a war and Meijin the Second, didn't really get that. The rest of the episode was sadly hampered by the just god awful side-plots. This series does many things well, romantic entanglements are not one of them, I actually had to fast forward though some of that it was so pointlessly painful.

Guys:

4) Aladdin (Magi)
9) Shiroe (Log Horizon)

Girls:

I'm happy with these, Araragi will always dominate!

I'm surprised to see Yukina on the list.

Guys:

4) Aladdin (Magi)
9) Shiroe (Log Horizon)

Girls:

------------------------

Series:

1) Idolmaster
2) Kill la Kill
3) Gundam Build Fighters
4) Madoka Magica
5) Strike the Blood
6) Nobunaga the Fool
7) Chuunibyou Ren
8) Sword Art Online
9) Nagi no Asukara
10) Noragami
All three lists are pretty bad, no hamatora representation, strike the blood somehow being represented but not tokyo ravens, and no Reiji for gundam character. Hopefully next month improves.

Nobunaga the Fool 05

Yeah Caeser, I don't think Ichihime will appreciate the fact you MURDERED HER FATHER. Not that you knew that (I think), but yeah. Didn't really come as a shock, even if Mitsuhide's ploy was fun to watch.

Gintama 19

They are the absolute worst people to have on a road trip. I think the poor driver is traumatized for life.

Also Hasegawa, I know this is a shounen series but I think your BURNING HEART OF JUSTICE is in the wrong show.

EDIT: Huh... double post. I wasn't expecting NO ONE to post between this one and the last.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
As a result of having that gif request I posted yesterday I end up watching Merlin Wright (because it's about law and wizards see) episodes 5 and 4 (or whatever this week's and last week's were numbered). Bit odd to jump into a show part way through and not knowing what it was even about. Maybe I should watch the rest in a backwards order (It's like self imposed KyoAni Haruhi logic!) but honestly the animation was pretty shocking (that means bad) and that's coming from Mr. Low Standards here.

Theonik

As a result of having that gif request I posted yesterday I end up watching Merlin Wright (because it's about law and wizards see) episodes 5 and 4 (or whatever this week's and last week's were numbered). Bit odd to jump into a show part way through and not knowing what it was even about. Maybe I should watch the rest in a backwards order (It's like self imposed KyoAni Haruhi logic!) but honestly the animation was pretty shocking (that means bad) and that's coming from Mr. Low Standards here.
Episode 01 of Merlin Wright actually featured great animation too. It's a shame.

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Episode 120 (engDub)
BgHW-rTCEAAtgHm.png

Miwa's voice actor is perfect in serious mode for a cardfight for him for once. Loved the match and even one of Misaki Tokura's card (The Witch of Prohibited Books, Cinnamon, cool name).
He should have won
. Im hoping for Izaki to finally get a win.

-
I need the PASH Hamatora illustration! Birthday, and Nice!
BgGmx3pCEAEjfQA.jpg

Gbraga

Sakura Trick was sooooooooooooo good.

Yuu-chan is ridiculously adorable when she's jealous, and the Haruka-Mitsuki interaction this episode was as good as expected.

I love it when Haruka teases Yuu.

I'm alwasy smiling when I watch this, gotta love this show. And I'm already trying to learn the coreography from the OP hahaha

Nisekoi is kinda hard to comment, it was one more episode of Chitoge being best girl, that defines every single one.

ImoCho can be surprisingly serious given the premise, specially the episode before the last one.

Now Samurai Flamenco, WOW. When it got dumb I was into it and enjoying all the stupidty until
the Flamengers arrived
, ever since then it was garbage and I couldn't stand it anymore, but this episode was all kinds of awesome. The old man's story was very predictable, but I was still moved by it, everything worked as it should and as it would in the best Flamenco episodes. I'm really glad to see the Hazama and Goto duo again, they're great when they're together.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Girls:

OTP of idolmaster getting the recognition it deserves.

Defuser

Witchcraft works ep 6
Princess power, Imouto power lol

My god these witches are just blowing shit up with no consequences at all. Kasumi probably murder that poor cashier in the doll shop and Kagari is probably commited genocide with that bombing of hers.......all these chaos over a boy.

cajunator

Banned
Sakura Trick was sooooooooooooo good.

Yuu-chan is ridiculously adorable when she's jealous, and the Haruka-Mitsuki interaction this episode was as good as expected.

I love it when Haruka teases Yuu.

I'm alwasy smiling when I watch this, gotta love this show. And I'm already trying to learn the coreography from the OP hahaha

Nisekoi is kinda hard to comment, it was one more episode of Chitoge being best girl, that defines every single one.

ImoCho can be surprisingly serious given the premise, specially the episode before the last one.

Now Samurai Flamenco, WOW. When it got dumb I was into it and enjoying all the stupidty until
the Flamengers arrived
, ever since then it was garbage and I couldn't stand it anymore, but this episode was all kinds of awesome. The old man's story was very predictable, but I was still moved by it, everything worked as it should and as it would in the best Flamenco episodes. I'm really glad to see the Hazama and Goto duo again, they're great when they're together.

Yuu is the best character in Sakura Trick. Her hair is just amazing too.

sonicmj1

Rozen Maiden Z 4

Well, even though there's a doll in it now, this still isn't so bad.

ibqiq2y55DbhfB.jpg
ibmkgLqiSmgUmB.jpg

i8nK5TzN2EQhm.jpg
ibwzLHDbBRIGlA.jpg

The cartoony tone of Shinku's abuses works to blunt their force, making them more comic than aggressive.

One of the weird things about watching this is that I'm living in Japan now, in an apartment not too different from Jun's. You can definitely feel how small it is from the show. And I feel shocked by how much messier my place is. I really should clean it more...

Jun's world in general is kind of small, consisting of little more than the lecture hall, the book shop, and his apartment. It's kind of fitting that most of his big conversations with Saitou have happened outside of those contexts.

ibbDMbCuRpjowE.jpg

Whatever could this mean?

Shinku is still doing her tsundere ojou-sama schitck, but she's mostly acting as a disruptive force in Jun's life, forcing him outside of his routine and making him reconsider a lot of assumptions about his life. I don't mind her as much as I thought I would.

Both the ending stinger and those weird storybook segments are going way over my head.

Westlo

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 2-4

ilFIpz3gDM5j3.gif

I'm in for the Uka X Touka, hopefully it actually goes somewhere in the next 6 episodes, fuck kadokawa and this 10 episode shit.

Midonin

SoniAni 06

Minori and Sonico are enough for me to declare this a season where the slightly chubby girls are having their moment in the sun. So it makes sense that the enemy of cute and chubby would be sketchy beauty products that turn everyone into zombies. As someone who's been on a few cruises, there wasn't nearly enough cruise directors ushering the girls into trying the latest jazzercise massage or whatever it is cruises offer to get people to try and take their money. But the episodes with FAV continue to be my favs.

Jex

[Gundam Build Fighters] - 18

Is this the greatest Gundam TV series of all time? Maybe. Maybe not. At the moment it's pretty high up on my personal list.

Gundam Build Fighters 18

The best part of the finals is that we're getting the fights that we want, and this one was rather amazing.

Have we had a sniper fight yet before now?

Chuu2 Ren 5

"There's such a thing as championship napping?" "Yes. In Europe, they even hold tournaments as a competitive sport."

Don't bring Europe into this KyoAni. This nonsense is on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom