• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gintama 24

*a bit into 25* but they definitely called it their third season. I see.

This episode sort of reminds me of a junior who got banned for using the t word.
He was warned to change it via PM, but apparently the person who warned him quoted him. douche move.

Anyway, somehow, this type of episode doesn't surprise me when it comes to Gintama, and yet it's rather welcomed as well... especially in this day and age.

Also this version of that meme popped up and I very much approve! (though Ritsu wouldnt be the one blushing)
oBOqoKm.jpg
It's cuter this way.

Yowamushi Pedal 18

I should have took the hints from the images and comments posted earlier.
as an aoyagi and teshima fan this was painful to watch especially their scene on ground struggling to get up, and then once up there crying hard with Tadokoro. I dont think any other scene thus far in 2014 could be this emotional to me. They were on track to succeed and everything and then the injury... :( Next year, next inter high. Best sports duo.

Next week we at least get the full OP song! (Yowamushi na Honoo / Dirty Old Men )

Vecks

Yowapedal 18

I know it's for the sake of keeping the story flowing at a steady pace, but it's kind of laughable how everyone doesn't tell Onoda anything about biking until the last minute. Sure, just leave him at a huge disadvantage every time there's a race until he's about to snap.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Are there any anime out there where a person actually dies (when they could have been saved) because someone was deliberating whether or not to perform CPR because it would be a kiss? God for once I would love to see that and also watch them deal with the fallout of being responsible for someone's death.

Gintama 25

Most intense fucking episode about sukiyaki I've ever seen. Every other one looks like child's play in comparison. The tactical planning, the portrayed monstrosity. This will be very difficult to top.

Narag

Are there any anime out there where a person actually dies (when they could have been saved) because someone was deliberating whether or not to perform CPR because it would be a kiss? God for once I would love to see that and also watch them deal with the fallout of being responsible for someone's death.

Sounds like a Key anime twist.

Gintama 25

Most intense fucking episode about sukiyaki I've ever seen. Every other one looks like child's play in comparison. The tactical planning, the portrayed monstrosity. This will be very difficult to top.

You'd think so but the show has no problem doing so once it gets rolling.

Gundam Build Fighters - 18
I had no doubt about the outcome of the fight , but the renato brother came to the table with some pretty serious arguments on the table
5 tricks
, all more deadly than the previous one for a fight that packed a punch ...

BRILLANT
1392065700887.gif

10/10 episode give me more , where is the next week episode , ect ect

If this is the least powerfull meijin , then i really want to see the 2nd generation....

Ah ah ah mao ... it's nice to see the cast still being pretty much the same and aila/reiji is still a great couple ... They need to be an item , after their match of course.

Magi - 04:
magu_zps11abb255.png

For a shonen this series deals with pretty heavy stuff.
Magi started to deal with human trafficing and slavery quite well and then the author just forgot about it

Gintama 25

Well congrats you've just entered the "awesome" part of gintama , see you when you'll reach ep 265...and enjoy.

cajunator

Banned
It's cuter this way.

Hmm,. It kinda is.

Not that I know of, though characters have been responsible for others deaths for not intervening.

Nah, especially not with the latest arc.

Talking about the big war ? I feel like it's somehow different ..can't explain it .. better... feel like it's the same theme but with another angle that doesn't fit the same.

--------------
I just finished watching gundam build fighter episode for the second time :

This is not a war , it's a gunpla battle !!

So good .

Setokai yakuindomo * - 06

Warning : no one to play the straight man
looool

That Max power squid part is going to be very complicated to explain , espcially after what they did in the oavs

1392080006283.gif

Purest judo girl ever

Anyway , lots of "triple booking" cameos and the idol business is ...well ...can't spoil

Syrinx

Happiness Charge Precure 2

I dunno, I'm not feeling the chemistry between Lovely and Princess. Part of that may be that Princess spent most of the first two episodes sucking the biggest dick in the universe, though. I'll see.

I don't really dig the OP or ED either. The ED especially. The CG in this one is kinda freaking me out for some reason.

Least God is a sexy beast.

Mitchiko And Hatchin 5-6
That was a hilarious arc. It was hard to tell sometimes when they were being serious and was trying to be funny
More often than not, it was funny

Gintama 28

Hey! He has sunglasses! 9 times out of 10 they're assassins!

Look at those two! I bet they're assassins! Senile old dude liven the fuck out of a lively cast already. Jesus Christ.

Kondo keeps getting that shit end of the stick man.

Also some Dempsey Rolls happened

Gazoinks

Gintama 28

Hey! He has sunglasses! 9 times out of 10 they're assassins!

Look at those two! I bet they're assassins! Senile old dude liven the fuck out of a lively cast already. Jesus Christ.

Kondo keeps getting that shit end of the stick man.

Being Kondo is suffering.

cajunator

Banned
Happiness Charge Precure 2

I dunno, I'm not feeling the chemistry between Lovely and Princess. Part of that may be that Princess spent most of the first two episodes sucking the biggest dick in the universe, though. I'll see.

I don't really dig the OP or ED either. The ED especially. The CG in this one is kinda freaking me out for some reason.

Least God is a sexy beast.

So far I like it quite a lot. Its more interesting than the other Precure shows have been in episode 2.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It would be more fun to see someone die because CPR was improperly administered.

Phi brain - Kami no puzzle S3 - 019

This episode was quite good ..
Phi%20Brain%20-%20Kami%20no%20Puzzle%20S3%20-%2019.jpg

and how about you tell him afterwards ? wait she did ...
Gyamon is a true idiot for letting all those flag with antoinette fly by.He's doing it on purpose but seriously ... gyamon , it's time that you see what's in front of you... she's been there since season 1.
Antoinnette in a red dress was a good sight. Thumb up !
The puzzle was pretty good i liked the second trap.
And indeed this object had no purpose in the puzzle so of course it was the final key.

And now gyamon is in the close club of those "who can see" i swear this season better end on a dream team of the 5 against orpheus or this will be the BIGGEST LET DOWN EVER

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I remember back in the day, when Hito was still an admin, he banned somebody for spoiling that, as if it were even possible to spoil Precure for anyone over the age of eight.
Somebody else in the thread was watching it at the time and hadn't gotten there yet, so I pulled the trigger.

Oh well, turns out it really isn't that big of a deal.

Gintama 29

Giant roaches, fucking why? Now I'll never be able to sleep!

I like how there were like... two seperate storylines for why the roaches are there though.
It's like... OddJobs thought they doomed humanity, but they didn't. But then trying to gain good karma fucked everyone over as a result. But no one has to knooooow

Syrinx

Should've been doing homework. Ended up reading 250 (more or less) pages of Cardcaptor Sakura manga. That storm this week better cancel some goddamn classes.

Just finished Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora 1-6 END

I enjoyed it. It was short and touching. I disliked whatever the hell was happening at the middle of episode 5 though. It felt very out of place and out of character. Recommended if you're looking for a short and sad romance drama.

Dengenki Bunko Anime Adaptations:

Seen:
Boogiepop Phantom
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Golden Time (watching as it comes out)
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Kami-sama no Memo-chō
Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
Sakura-sō no Pet na Kanojo
Spice & Wolf
Strike the Blood (watching as it comes out)
Sword Art Online
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Toradora!

On the to-watch list:
Accel World
Black Bullet (once it starts this April)
Baccano!
Durarara!!
Kino's Journey
Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei (once it starts this April)
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
Shakugan no Shana (currently mid-way through season 2. on break)
Sword Art Online: Extra Edition

I think Kino's Journey is next. Either that or take a Dengenki Bunko break and go to Haibane Renmei (finished ep 1 of that already).

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Should've been doing homework. Ended up reading 250 (more or less) pages of Cardcaptor Sakura manga. That storm this week better cancel some goddamn classes.
hold out for a pop quiz on magical girls instead.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

40 page laboratory report due in 2 days.

Think I'll watch some Gintama instead...

Pirates Love Song 6

Aaaaaaaaaar what a boring episode. Basically a fucking festival and bad comedy, alongside development for two side character me mateys and i could not give a davey jones' whale about. It be drivin' me nuts over how much potential this show have yet it squanders with bad tropes.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
It would be more fun to see someone die because CPR was improperly administered.

Not that I know of, though characters have been responsible for others deaths for not intervening.

Sounds like a Key anime twist.

Color me surprised. Is this a strong enough trope that it can be made into anime law?

AL1.1ss0a: "Under no uncertain term shall victim die of drowning if savior hesitates to kisu him or her while in the process of expiring irrespective of whatever arbitrary amount of time may pass in scene."

AL1.1ss0b: "Victim upon resuscitation or during a failed attempt to attempt kisu has the right to and may chose to exercise the option of violent retribution on savior as reimbursement for the stolen kisu or the failed attempt to steal kisu."

Westlo

Kadokawa also did Mondaiji?

Yep, same studio who animated Mondaiji also did NouCome which was another 10 episode Kadokawa funded series.

You have....

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
NouCome
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya
Blood Lad
Mondaiji Tachi
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead

All Kadokawa properties, all 10 episodes with an extra OVA episode bundled with the next volume of the light novel/manga. Fate/kaleid looks like being the only 1 of the 5 series that will get a sequel, probably in the same format. (Kore wa Zombie isn't counted because it's a sequel itself)

Buddy Complex 6

New husbando is introduced, and previous husbando is super jelly but hides it with tsundere behavior.

I need the girl and the guy to hook up already before it turns even more yaoi.

cajunator

Banned
Yep, same studio who animated Mondaiji also did NouCome which was another 10 episode Kadokawa funded series.

You have....

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
NouCome
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya
Blood Lad
Mondaiji Tachi
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead

All Kadokawa properties, all 10 episodes with an extra OVA episode bundled with the next volume of the light novel/manga. Fate/kaleid looks like being the only 1 of the 5 series that will get a sequel, probably in the same format. (Kore wa Zombie isn't counted because it's a sequel itself)

Ahh. ok I see now. the 10 episode thing is WEIRD.

cajunator

Banned
People should know that you don't just get to slam your hands against someone's chest and bring them back to life.

well thats true, but it hits a bit close to home cause my coworker just laid his wife to rest after he went home after work and she was on the floor not breathing he spent an hour trying CPR to bring her back. It was really horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom