• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gintama 41

In all the moments of seriousness, we are told to not forget how to smile... with humor.

What happened to Kagura!? Find out next time!

cajunator

Banned
Such differing views. I think I know what I'll watch after TWGOK S2.

Hm... What is it about GJ-Club that people find so good? I thought it was one of the weaker "clubs doing nothing" shows I've seen.

I'll still watch the special though.

Its completely adorable, thats what. Plus Mori-san.

cnet128

Banned
Noooooooo I didn't wake up early enough to fit in Precure before work today T_T I guess Setsuna resolution will have to wait until this evening...

I remember back in the day, when Hito was still an admin, he banned somebody for spoiling that, as if it were even possible to spoil Precure for anyone over the age of eight.

Haha, well, I was personally a little disappointed that I managed to spoil that one for myself through careless Wikipedia usage. I don't think it bears actual spoiler-tagging, though, since that would mean basically all of my impressions of the latter half of the series would need to be spoilered out.

I've been trying to avoid actually spelling it out in any of my posts so that you wouldn't necessarily pick up on the spoiler just from glancing over them - just in case there is anyone here who might want to watch the series later on. I figure if anyone is actually reading my posts thoroughly enough to spot the spoiler, they don't care about knowing what happens anyway -.-

Just as long as there isn't anyone here actually watching the series right now -

Fresh Precure 07

...Well, fuck. (But I guess you know the spoiler already, so crisis averted =p)

The Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha anime site wants fan input on what should become the official short nickname for the series:

http://inarikonkon.jp/vote/

Your options are:

いなり "Inari"
いなこん "InaKon"
いな恋 "InaKoi"
恋いろは "Koi Iroha"

You get an Uka-sama desktop wallpaper as a reward for voting, so I'd highly encourage it.

The results will be announced an hour before episode 6 airs next week.

Voted for just plain "Inari" (it was a toss-up between that and InaKon, but I figured simpler is better). Don't care about Uka-sama wallpaper though.

Hey cnet you might like this
ScXuQYz.jpg

hnnnnnng mayoi

Higurashi 10

Well, this took a rather dark turn. And that's saying something when you're dealing with a show about brutal deaths.

Tatarigoroshi-hen is an amazing arc. Pretty series-defining for me. It even has the title drop!

I don't know. Kirara?

Its certainly not as wacky as say Seitokai No Ichizon or Seitokai Yakuindomo.

Its completely adorable, thats what. Plus Mori-san.

Oh, ok. Kirara and Mori were the two reasons I finished the show.

The Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha anime site wants fan input on what should become the official short nickname for the series:

http://inarikonkon.jp/vote/

Your options are:

いなり "Inari"
いなこん "InaKon"
いな恋 "InaKoi"
恋いろは "Koi Iroha"

You get an Uka-sama desktop wallpaper as a reward for voting, so I'd highly encourage it.

The results will be announced an hour before episode 6 airs next week.

I voted for InaKon. I'd be ok with option 1 and 3 too.

Gintama 42

Well now.... *counts up* ....second time feels came into play here. On top of being rather ridiculous and badass at the same time. Poor Shinpachi is only there for straightmanning, and not much power.

Fitting resolution as well as character development for Kagura, while I'm still attempting to understand Gintoki... Maybe one day, I'll grasp it, but not right now because I feel a bit lightheaded.

D-Frag 6

This continues to dethrone Seitokai Yakuindomo as best high school comedy of the season. I need a GIF of the love triangle scene. We're introduced to new guy, who is basically a very loopy pretty rich boy, and he's already damn likable.

Takao continues to be best girl. It's surprising what making a tsundere cry all the time can do for a refreshing view of the trope .
Seitokai Yakuindomo isn't even the 2nd best high school comedy of the season. Nourin is significantly funnier as well. I'm not even sure SY is 3rd.

Sales for the week of Feb. 3-9

Select notes (more at link):
- the new Natsume Yujinchou OVA sells an impressive 20k copies BD+DVD, considering that the average for any of the series' normal volumes across all its seasons was around 10k
- Arpeggio of Blue Steel vol.2 sells just over 10k copies BD+DVD, matching the v1w1
- Kyoukai no Kanata vol.2 loses a chunk of buyers from the event ticket in vol.1
- Free's final average is going to be somewhere in the 28k-29k range
- Kuroko's Basketball S2 vol.1 has a low second week, so it probably won't break 20k average for the season
- The DVDs for Aikatsu's first season finally finish with a 2,152 average

Virtually no change to the Fall sales chart besides the aforementioned Kuroko sales, but if you want it again then here.

Nice to see that Arpeggio of Blue Steel is doing well. I hope it increases the chance of a second season.

Thoraxes

Oreshura - 6

I'm in tears from laughing. This show does chuunibyou way better than the show that has it in the title. The reading of the diary really sells it too; she does a bang up job.

Sales for the week of Feb. 3-9

Select notes (more at link):
- the new Natsume Yujinchou OVA sells an impressive 20k copies BD+DVD, considering that the average for any of the series' normal volumes across all its seasons was around 10k
- Arpeggio of Blue Steel vol.2 sells just over 10k copies BD+DVD, matching the v1w1
- Kyoukai no Kanata vol.2 loses a chunk of buyers from the event ticket in vol.1
- Free's final average is going to be somewhere in the 28k-29k range
- Kuroko's Basketball S2 vol.1 has a low second week, so it probably won't break 20k average for the season
- The DVDs for Aikatsu's first season finally finish with a 2,152 average

Virtually no change to the Fall sales chart besides the aforementioned Kuroko sales, but if you want it again then here.

Surprised that Kurobas 2 lowered compared to s1, at least not as significant drop as oofuri s1 to s2 if I remember.

They need to give us a Free! S3 too and a movie.

BluWacky

http://polyphonicar2010.blog51.fc2.com/blog-entry-16785.html Ao Haru Ride add. cast: Yuuri Makira - Ai Kayano, Shuuko Murao - Mikako Komatsu, Aya Kominato - KENN

http://otakomu.jp/archives/55938.html directed by Ai Yoshimura at Production I.G, series composition by Tomoko Konparu

How odd - it's Ao Haru Ride in the English subtitle, but the katakana just say Aoha Ride!

There's also an official website here that doesn't really have anything to say as yet.

Plot synopsis stolen from a scanlator's Tumblr:

Yoshioka Futaba has a few reasons why she wants to “reset” her image and life as a new high-school student.

Because she’s cute, she was ostracized by her female friends in junior high, and because of a misunderstanding, she couldn’t get her feelings across to the one boy she had always liked, Tanaka-kun.

Now in high school, she is determined to be as unladylike as possible so that her friends won’t be jealous of her. While living her life this way contentedly, she meets Tanaka-kun again, but he now goes under the name of Mabuchi Kou. He tells her that he felt the same way as she did when they were younger, but now things could never be the same again.

Will Futaba he able to continue her love that hadn’t even started from three years ago?

Juicy shoujo angst awaits! Seems like a nice change of pace from directing Teen Comedy SNAFU and "associate" directing Nichibros. With Production IG behind it hopefully it will look as good as Kimi ni Todoke and not like... every other current shoujo adaptation.

cajunator

Banned
Eh, I think watching it for Mao and Kyoro OREMAN are the right reasons.

Though Kirara is pretty wonderful also (and has the best ED). I never got the love for Mori.

Well, mori has a nifty spin move
O8NmZZZ.gif

So JAM Project is doing the late Nobunaga The Fool OP? http://jamjamsite.com/uncategorized/3595 Man am I getting this wrong or did that show seriously didn't have an OP yet?

The website has been around for a while, official websites usually get updated on the day the magazines are officially out. So maybe in a day or so.

For some reason I always associate JAM with Yukikaze. Everytime I hear of this band/group I think of that show because the aliens were called the JAM.

cnet128

Banned
How odd - it's Ao Haru Ride in the English subtitle, but the katakana just say Aoha Ride!

According to the JP Wikipedia page, "Aoharide" is a word coined by the author as a portmanteau of "Aoharu" (an alternate reading of "seishun", the ubiquitous "springtime of youth") and the English "ride", with the intended meaning of "riding your youth to the full". So presumably they spelt out the full "haru" in the English subtitle to highlight the derivation/meaning.

Pilot's Love Song 06

Well, this was really the weakest episode of the series for now. Again it doesn't continue from the previous one (you would think this ep is about searching where the sky clan plane shot down, seeing if he survived, interrogating him, knowing the enemy in general), but instead of that they jump a bit around and do a slice of life filler episode of the trainees doing a ramen restaurant.
Not only that, but I suspect the only character building we have
is done just for dramatic purposes later.. Let's see if he dies in the next episodes.

kapowza

Golden Time 1-17

Has anyone else noticed that they say the main character's name so much during every episode that it loses all meaning and becomes like a big gap in your brain? Or is it just me.

Theonik

Golden Time 1-17

Has anyone else noticed that they say the main character's name so much during every episode that it loses all meaning and becomes like a big gap in your brain? Or is it just me.
Sounds like there is an anime you should be watching!

Link Man

Banned
The Devil is a Part-Timer! 4

Good balance of drama, backstory and humor this episode. I'm especially curious about
the landlady
now.

duckroll

I don't really get the Mahouka designs. The uniforms look really bad to me, but it seems like a pretty major production, so why does it look so cheap? Is it part of the original novel art? It reminds me of a worse version of the Fafner uniforms, and those looked terrible too.

fertygo

I don't really get the Mahouka designs. The uniforms look really bad to me, but it seems like a pretty major production, so why does it look so cheap? Is it part of the original novel art? It reminds me of a worse version of the Fafner uniforms, and those looked terrible too.

Well.. yeah. Light Novel lulz

Its the biggest property from Dengeki that not animated yet I think.. they'd have big expectation on it.

Dynedom

No amount of production can save the uniforms from being horrible and actually not even making sense. I don't know how the women can walk around in those things.

survivor

Banned
Angel Beats 2
Oh wow, that flashback :(
what sort of assholes would go around murdering little children just cause they can't find valuables to steal?

I didnt get Yuri's explanation about weapons creation. As long as they have memory of the weapons they can just make them out of dirt?

sonicmj1

Rozen Maiden Z 5

More dolls. Less focus on Jun. Danger?

It turned out alright. Suigintou is fun because she mocks everyone mercilessly, and I'm not super attached to Shinku anyway. Can't get upset about that.

iL8M6PC2ERIIi.jpg

Cool use of negative space.

The story of Suigintou's master was handled pretty well. Given how totally unbalanced she is, it'd be easy for it to come off as just plain weird (and it is that way for a while), but the moonlight talks of death, and the scene with her father, make it work. I like how they keep his face out of the frame.

ikEPuqTlRMc0q.jpg

This part seemed to be referencing some portion of the earlier series that I didn't really know about. Was it the part with the twins in episode 1? It felt like that place should have had significance to us, but I had no idea.

Everyone in the show has a real divide between the facade they show the world and how they feel in the inside, the dolls included. I wonder how they'll develop that.

I don't like Kirakushou as a villain. She's really vague. The extent of her powers is less creepy than it is confusing.

Andrew J.

Fresh Precure 11

Sweet Jesus, that bit with the plants. At Miki's "I'm perfect!" I just lost it. Hardest I've laughed at Precure since Smile 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom