• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Hoe many anime have even done CPR correctly anyway? They all fuck it up and turn it into some first kiss shit.

The only one that rings a bell off the top of my head is Star Driver.

Gintama 30-31

Hey, they brought back that dude's idol daughter. Neat!

...actually, they brought back a lot of people.
All in order to get Gintoki's memories back.... surprisingly, it left off on a cliffhanger. I was expecting this to be one and done, not more than one episode.

Branduil

Hoe many anime have even done CPR correctly anyway? They all fuck it up and turn it into some first kiss shit.

The only one that rings a bell off the top of my head is Star Driver.

It's like anime writers don't realize how horrible it makes a character look to hesitate to use CPR because it's a "kiss." What kind of person is thinking about that in a life-or-death situation?

Articalys

It's like anime writers don't realize how horrible it makes a character look to hesitate to use CPR because it's a "kiss." What kind of person is thinking about that in a life-or-death situation?
There are a litany of things that anime characters do that fly in the face of common real-world logic, but I'll agree that this example is a bit more severe than most.

D-Frag 6

This continues to dethrone Seitokai Yakuindomo as best high school comedy of the season. I need a GIF of the love triangle scene. We're introduced to new guy, who is basically a very loopy pretty rich boy, and he's already damn likable.

Takao continues to be best girl. It's surprising what making a tsundere cry all the time can do for a refreshing view of the trope.

Gazoinks

Gintama 42

Best episode yet. That badass. Those feels. Also some humor. Good stuff.

It was nice seeing Kondo's serious side for once also.
Also I'm guess we'll get another arc later on about Kagura's bro.

Quasar

D-Frag 6

This continues to dethrone Seitokai Yakuindomo as best high school comedy of the season. I need a GIF of the love triangle scene. We're introduced to new guy, who is basically a very loopy pretty rich boy, and he's already damn likable.

Takao continues to be best girl. It's surprising what making a tsundere cry all the time can do for a refreshing view of the trope.

I wouldn't say that. Though the past two episodes have won me over. It does have a freshness that Seitokai Yakuindomo has lacked so far though.

Articalys

The Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha anime site wants fan input on what should become the official short nickname for the series:

http://inarikonkon.jp/vote/

Your options are:

いなり "Inari"
いなこん "InaKon"
いな恋 "InaKoi"
恋いろは "Koi Iroha"

You get an Uka-sama desktop wallpaper as a reward for voting, so I'd highly encourage it.

The results will be announced an hour before episode 6 airs next week.

survivor

Banned
The official Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha anime site wants fan input on what should become an official short nickname for the series:

Your options are:

いなり "Inari"
いなこん "InaKon"
いな恋 "InaKoi"
恋いろは "Koi Iroha"

You get an Uka-sama desktop wallpaper as a reward for voting, so I'd highly encourage it.

Uka-sama wallpaper get.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
The Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha anime site wants fan input on what should become the official short nickname for the series:

Your options are:

いなり "Inari"
いなこん "InaKon"
いな恋 "InaKoi"
恋いろは "Koi Iroha"

uka-samaaaa

Gintama 32-33

Oh right, whats his face lost his memories too!

Also apparently Mokichi isn't a good builder :(

Sidenote: damn it, I had to see Parthenon again. DokiDoki Precure PTSD kicked in.

survivor

Banned
Angel Beats 1
XBRgrn4.jpg
And so the journey begins.

Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 06

I was pretty surprised to see half the episode have an actual story going on.

Oh man, part 4 of TakaSquid was just overload.

Michiko & Hatchin 7-9
Michiko is having an affair while ignoring Hatchin. For a second there, I was amazed at the warehouse underwater then I realized that it was river that flooded the area not a lost modern civilization. It's still pretty cool.
Then, its a survival game episode where they have to not be late for the train else be killed. It was fairly exciting and I didn't expect
that the guy would not only go back on his promise but call the cops to get her too
. Fake Satoshi was kind of fun after getting hit in the balls
After that was a Hatchin focused episode about young love though handled pretty maturely

Gintama 34

Good lord, this was gold.

From asking the internet for advice, to falling victim to cat ears/girls, to the whole spying on Shinpachi shit. RIP Gintoki, beaten by two violent girls.

Saki Episode of Side A 06

iFO7m7dl.jpg

I like her special ability, definitely makes it a lot harder to play against.

The third match was pretty quick though.

GJ-Club 1-12

Really liked how the endings for episodes 1-11 were
used to show the final day leading up episode 12's graduation day for the seniors
. I missed that watching the series for the first time last year. Nothing overly special happened during the series besides lots of twirling maids, but I truly did enjoy the voice actors' performances
and Kyoro's hair-brushing battles, even though he did end up forfeiting the final round to Mori "daughter"

I now await the GJ-Club@ special coming this April. Was hoping for another season even if it focused on the middle school GJ-Club with Kyoro's sister and friends.

On a side note, I really wished this was licensed. This is my biased opinion, but when series like Acchi Kocchi, Ebiten, and Chronicles of the Going Home Club can be licensed I will still hold on and hope series like GJ-Club, Seitokai no Ichizon, and Seitokai Yakuindomo can be licensed. I doubt I am the only person who wonders why an anime series one personally enjoys does not get licensed while a similar anime title that is possibly more inferior, personally or by majority consensus, was licensed. I will hold out until the end of March to see if a surprise R1 license is announced, otherwise I fully intend to import the GJ-bu: Repeat Blu-ray Disc.

Gintama 35

WHY WAS THERE CREDITS AND AN OP IN THE MIDDLE! WHO DOES THAT IN THIS DAY AND AGE! WHO DID THAT PERIOD! I KNOW PEOPLE WERE WEIRDED OUT WITH KINIRO MOSIAC HAVING THE ED IN THE MIDDLE BUT THIS

If there's one thing the subs reminded me though, it reminded me of the things I really didn't like from the old days.

TL notes.

P.S. frivilous love sucks.

Gintama 36-37

That one girl is seriously gullible, but I didn't need to remember violence of that magnitude.

Probably the most rough Christmas/New Years I've ever seen because everything was unfulfilled, outside of Kagura's stomach.

Vecks

D-Frag 6

Okay... now there are two masochists. Ataru may be on a whole 'nother level, but they should totally be buddies.

Gintama 39

You know, considering the general tone of the show, it's like... I have a hard time accepting who is "bad" persay. Although that's mainly restricted to recurring cast members. But at the same time, no one is painted with rainbows either, granted, it's usually played for laughs.

I kind of want ramen.

Link Man

Banned
Higurashi 10

Well, this took a rather dark turn. And that's saying something when you're dealing with a show about brutal deaths.

Defuser

Your options are:

いなり "Inari"
いなこん "InaKon"
いな恋 "InaKoi"
恋いろは "Koi Iroha"

Uka
Ukakon
UkaKoi

I only accept these names.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sasameki Koto Episode 3:

Ah yes, in the grand tradition of Yuri stories then can never be just one couple, although in this case the beta couple is actually a couple. Anyway, this episode is centered around the potential first kiss Murasame and Kazama. I do have to say viewing this in a post Sakura Trick World the handling of the actual kissing feels very archaic since it is very clearly be subjected to censorship rules that only make sense to censors. It feels positively Victorian in this day and age. Anyway, my patience for the whole premise is starting to be tested since the core dilemma was actually summed up in a dream sequence about not confessing your feelings. I get such things are hard
but shit is starting to get downright weird as Murasame and Kazama kiss with Kazama wearing an Ultraman mask because this all practice because she thinks Murasame has a thing for Akemiya who is actually cross dressing to get the attention of Kasama, lover of small and cute girls. Am I supposed to find that first kiss romantic, no, because this is built on contrivance and misunderstandings. This show is getting stupid in ways only Anime and Manga can get stupid.

cajunator

Banned
Strike Witches final

This was everything awesome about anime rolled into one. I like the designs of the Neuroi.
Sanya is best girl and so adorable with Eila. Excellent series. Will start S2 soon.

Articalys

Sales for the week of Feb. 3-9

Select notes (more at link):
- the new Natsume Yujinchou OVA sells an impressive 20k copies BD+DVD, considering that the average for any of the series' normal volumes across all its seasons was around 10k
- Arpeggio of Blue Steel vol.2 sells just over 10k copies BD+DVD, matching the v1w1
- Kyoukai no Kanata vol.2 loses a chunk of buyers from the event ticket in vol.1
- Free's final average is going to be somewhere in the 28k-29k range
- Kuroko's Basketball S2 vol.1 has a low second week, so it probably won't break 20k average for the season
- The DVDs for Aikatsu's first season finally finish with a 2,152 average

Virtually no change to the Fall sales chart besides the aforementioned Kuroko sales, but if you want it again then here.

Well I hope you enjoy. Don't let the AnimeGAF hate rub off on you.

I cried too, its very memorable to me.. for very different reason though I suppose.

Such differing views. I think I know what I'll watch after TWGOK S2.

GJ-Club 1-12

Hm... What is it about GJ-Club that people find so good? I thought it was one of the weaker "clubs doing nothing" shows I've seen.

I'll still watch the special though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom