• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sales for the week of Feb. 3-9
Arpeggio of Blue Steel v2 *1 10,086(BD+DVD)
Kill la Kill v2 *1 7,844(BD+DVD)
Well i guess that explain Japanese like Arpeggio more than Kill la Kill,according to niconico
gjFOHh2.jpg

Articalys

What's your problem? You posted some scans earlier, we all enjoyed how they look, then I noticed some additional scans had come in since then, liked how they looked, and decided to post them as well.

I like Makouka's magic concept but then there's a main character that can pretty much abuse the system.

I think it could make a pretty good game though.

Articalys

Aaaaanyway, the Captain Earth site updated with the official art for the two new characters we saw earlier, plus one more we didn't.

Of the enemy forces, the KIL-T-GANG:

AMARA, voiced by Kenichi Suzumura, and MOCO, voiced by Maaya Sakamoto
And on the good side, the commander of GLOBE:

Tsutomu Nishikubo, voiced by Rikiya Koyama

Midonin

Tokyo Ravens 18

Kon was really only in the beginning of the episode, unfortunately. Though Kyoko having more to do is something I'm okay with. The fallout from Natsume's reveal looks like it's not as big as she thought, most people are curious, but okay with it. The segment with the Natsume house was funny (all those nicknames), but there's so much in this show that's just vague.

Hm... What is it about GJ-Club that people find so good? I thought it was one of the weaker "clubs doing nothing" shows I've seen.

I'll still watch the special though.

It appears everyone has their unique tastes to finding GJ-Club enjoyable. I am a person that watches anime for numerous reasons, but the main factor is the voice actors. This is the reason I enjoyed GJ-Club, even though a lot of the voice cast were seiyuu that voiced on few other anime series.

I sadly cannot name all of my favorite voice actors off the top of my head, but I can usually tell when a recognize a voice from another series. Then there are times such as when Aki Toyosaki voiced Medaka Kurokami in Medaka Box and I would had never been able to tell she was the seiyuu for that character without browsing MAL or a Wiki article. So long as I enjoy the voice actors' performances I can usually finish watching any series I begin.

Gintama 43

Well, that test went wrong... and I feel like that's an understatement. None of them fit the role, given the guidelines by the three dudes. And they suffered gloriously.

Articalys

IS the only show to break 20K?

Suffering.
Hell, even that's only on a technicality -- the first IS2 volume had the extended episode 1 OVA footage, which is why it sold so well. Vols. 2 and 3 have only sold about 16k and 14k each so far, so even the IS2 average might get dragged below 20k if it keeps dropping. It'll be close.

Link Man

Banned
Got some more birthday money on Amazon, ordered the complete Soul Eater on BluRay. This marks my third anime purchase including FLCL and Spice & Wolf (though admittedly, all of these were gifts).

I'm turning into a regular otaku. :|

Gintama 44

What's next? Pira-- wait that happened a while ago.

That one dude who fought over JUMP came back. I knew it! I bet he'll be back, along with his ninja squaddies

survivor

Banned
Angel Beats 3
6vz07i3.jpg

mfw when listening to My Song
Wait, what just happened?
Why did that girl disappear or get obliterated as they call it? I suppose if you achieve your dream or get satisfied with what you did, you move on? Will be interesting to see what the aftermath of her disappearance will be. I assume her bands buddy will do something about it.

Got some more birthday money on Amazon, ordered the complete Soul Eater on BluRay. This marks my third anime purchase including FLCL and Spice & Wolf (though admittedly, all of these were gifts).

I'm turning into a regular otaku. :|

Nah, that's when you start running out of shelf space.

It appears everyone has their unique tastes to finding GJ-Club enjoyable. I am a person that watches anime for numerous reasons, but the main factor is the voice actors. This is the reason I enjoyed GJ-Club, even though a lot of the voice cast were seiyuu that voiced on few other anime series.

I sadly cannot name all of my favorite voice actors off the top of my head, but I can usually tell when a recognize a voice from another series. Then there are times such as when Aki Toyosaki voiced Medaka Kurokami in Medaka Box and I would had never been able to tell she was the seiyuu for that character without browsing MAL or a Wiki article. So long as I enjoy the voice actors' performances I can usually finish watching any series I begin.

Ah, ok. I wasn't singling you out or anything, just wanted to ask since somebody had just finished watching it.

Midonin

Seitokai Yakuindomo* 06

The crossover, any author with two or more works will eventually want to do so, and Triple Booking have been credited as the OP singers (even if it's just Hikasa, Yahagi and Satou) since the first season. An amusing daydream of Shino's, and seeing more of Kaede was cute. Like Mutsumi, she's one of the few truly innocent characters here. My favorite part was the ending sketch - in the front, in the back, or solo, this series is throwing out pitches for its own doujins on a more or less regular basis. And I'm quite enjoying it.

Legal pirates. That is all.
I see you've decided to make a show of it.

Im probably the only one that uses it, but Neon Alley is becoming free in April

"U.S. fans will be able to catch a wide variety of brand new subtitled, simulcast, and premiere dubbed anime, as well as classic content distributed and/or licensed by VIZ Media, for FREE at www.NeonAlley.com. The site will also become the new home for all FREE streaming anime content previously available on VIZAnime.com, including first-run subtitled simulcasts for hit series such as Naruto Shippuden."

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 3
Sorta kinda swerve of not making a love triangle thing, though it still left itself be open to a love triangle still forming. It made their relationship closer anyways which is what I want.

Gintama 44

MIKOS!

...and Sadaharu development!
He became giant And became a dog gawd, and wrecked shit!

And INcantations via baseball. Base ball too strong

Articalys

The most important thing about the Neon Alley relaunch is that they're ditching the "live TV schedule" format and making everything on-demand. It was only a matter of time after they implemented their "catch-up" feature...

Basically looks like they're just doing everything through Hulu now.

Ah, ok. I wasn't singling you out or anything, just wanted to ask since somebody had just finished watching it.

I definitely wasn't taking your comments as such. I usually do not post reviews when I complete a series, but when I do I often sidetrack into ranting how Minami-ke that series should be licensed in the U.S.

Gintama 46

The moral of the story is, don't get suckered into paying into a drinking war, and be a dog.

The Miko is back... now I want to know if she already appeared beforehand

Mature

Aaaaanyway, the Captain Earth site updated with the official art for the two new characters we saw earlier, plus one more we didn't.

Of the enemy forces, the KIL-T-GANG:

And on the good side, the commander of GLOBE:
Gettin' pretty Star Driver in here.

"U.S. fans will be able to catch a wide variety of brand new subtitled, simulcast, and premiere dubbed anime, as well as classic content distributed and/or licensed by VIZ Media, for FREE at www.NeonAlley.com. The site will also become the new home for all FREE streaming anime content previously available on VIZAnime.com, including first-run subtitled simulcasts for hit series such as Naruto Shippuden."
How are they making their cabbage with this then? No premium service?

Branduil

I don't really get the Mahouka designs. The uniforms look really bad to me, but it seems like a pretty major production, so why does it look so cheap? Is it part of the original novel art? It reminds me of a worse version of the Fafner uniforms, and those looked terrible too.

Female wizards love the muumuu.

Tenumi

Banned

This makes me very, very happy.

The most important thing about the Neon Alley relaunch is that they're ditching the "live TV schedule" format and making everything on-demand. It was only a matter of time after they implemented their "catch-up" feature...

Basically looks like they're just doing everything through Hulu now.

...But if they're just doing things through Hulu, then scrap all that happiness from me. I really don't like watching things on Hulu.

cnet128

Banned
D-Frag! 6

SO MUCH TSUKKOMI. Good job Kazama-san.

This episode was even more mad and chaotic than usual, which is saying quite a bit. Many amusing moments. I don't think there is any limit to Roka's power levels at this point.

Witch Craft Works 6
I'm not sure who the bad guys anymore. While the bad guys did nothing, the good guys seem like they destroy the city every week.

Gintama 47

Oh gawd, sleep/ghost paralysis, and the most fearsome looking yet gentle demon thing around... it's like... a direct contrast to

Hunter x Hunter 116

Gon. Dude looks adorable. But here.... this ain't the Gon you know and love. Good god. It's like... Killua barely has a leash on him anymore. Definitely not the typical "goody goody" you tend to see.

We're talking straight up malice to the bone here. It's all Gon/Killua and Pitou here folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom