• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witch Craft Works 6
I'm not sure who the bad guys anymore. While the bad guys did nothing, the good guys seem like they destroy the city every week.
The good guy have a plot device that restore the city back.

In those conditions i think no one cares how much damage is done

Syrinx

Do the Japanese play ice hockey?

Does anyone outside the Americas?

Well Japan does have a women's hockey team in the Olympics, for one.

Also tons of players in the NHL come from Europe from places like Sweden, Finland, Russia, the Czech Republic, and so on from leagues in those countries.

Vito

Banned
Can't vouch for accuracy but megax reposted box office numbers for anime movies: http://pastebin.com/pvnF9fDE Total earned/first week/number of screens/release date/title is the format while units are in 100 million yen.

(not posting in a quote since it's Japanese and it'll probably get translated on the sales blog anyways although the titles aren't that hard to recognize)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Do the Japanese play ice hockey?

Does anyone outside the Americas?

Dat Japanese Women's Ice Hockey Team

sjjoYI0.jpg

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Gundam Build Fighters 18

Up there with the greatest one on one mecha fights of all time. Not ONLY was the fight itself WELL BEYOND the price of admission, but the music score during the entire fight was imho a notch above the already great soundtrack of the show.

I cannot believe Sunrise has this show freely available on YouTube. You'd think simulcast services would be falling over themselves to license a show of this quality.

Hunter x Hunter 116

[Gon intensifies]

First, damn 3 minutes, 15 seconds of recap. Each episode recap is longer than the previous one!

But what a fine episode. Superb job of the main VA, great job in animation and sound to express all the inner feelings, great music in key places, and all the episode dedicated to a single superb scene.

Hellraider

Just watched the 10th episode of Strike the Blood and I still can't stop thinking and getting disappointed on one thing. The ending song's first seconds are amazing and fit so freaking well for an ending theme overlap. The thing is the direction does absolutely nothing to make those 10 last seconds count. It's not like I was expecting Nagai Tatsuyuki's magic on this, but still wish they would pay a little more attention and work those last seconds just a little bit more.

PS: Now I want to watch toradora again.
PS2: And now I reminded myself how boring Little Busters' direction was and what could have been if that man was on it.

Gintama 48

They're... very alike, no wonder I didn't entirely take the Shinsengumi seriously.

Kick the can is dead. deeeeeeeeeeead. Although... now I was confused by the events.

survivor

Banned

BluWacky

Can't vouch for accuracy but megax reposted box office numbers for anime movies: http://pastebin.com/pvnF9fDE Total earned/first week/number of screens/release date/title is the format while units are in 100 million yen.

(not posting in a quote since it's Japanese and it'll probably get translated on the sales blog anyways although the titles aren't that hard to recognize)

It's possibly worth noting that 7th and 9th position are held by Wreck It Ralph and Despicable Me 2 respectively. The only other CG movie listed is Captain Harlock at 21st..

DiGiKerot

Gundam Build Fighters 18

I cannot believe Sunrise has this show freely available on YouTube. You'd think simulcast services would be falling over themselves to license a show of this quality.

Honestly, it's one of the smartest things they could have done - being on Youtube will net them significantly higher exposure than being on Crunchy or Daisuki, and at the end of the day, Build Fighters is just a really, really entertaining toy commercial. Heck, I know it's made me buy more Gundam kits!

It's possibly worth noting that 7th and 9th position are held by Wreck It Ralph and Despicable Me 2 respectively. The only other CG movie listed is Captain Harlock at 21st..

Number 2 is Monsters University :)

Mature

The mecha fight in GBF 18 was not really one of my favorites of the series, actually. I'd place the first
Yuki vs. Reiji & Sei
fight at the very top and probably
Felini vs. Reiji & Sei
right after it.

Though, ultimately, it's hard to complain with the average quality the show has. GBF's "worst" fights are better than most other shows on their best day.

Giant Robo - The day the Earth Stood Still

Well, that was a thing.
Good animation, action scenes, music and lots of cool scenes, well directed and framed.

The story is somewhat interesting with some mysteries and plot twists, but it also has some plot holes, predictability issues in key areas, in others is too cheesy or rolleye-worthy, and some characters that act without making a lot of sense. Oh yeah, and the end isn't exactly closed, at least in some subplots.

Gintama 49

Gambling... Strip Mahjong.

The amount of gratuitous man booty was too much for me to handle. What with the abs and the well toned bodies and the muscles and...

...well, I had to throw some shoes out to have space for more mangas...

I'm going to need another shelf pretty soon too. I converted my current shelving space to accommodate more vertical space just for my manga, and then I had to repurpose my old PS2 DVD rack for manga volumes that would fit its small size. I am all ready putting some DVDs in slim jewel cases to save room, but pretty soon I will need to invest in cases like the ones shown here, and I do not mean the stackpaks.

Gintama 50

There was a Precure reference. And not just the standard Futari wa reference, even Splash Star was fucking referenced! EAT SHIT TOEI! EAT IT! Not-Nagisa and Not-Honoka will get their fair dues! Actually, both of them will have Voice acting in New Stage 3, so yeah!

Articalys

I have to admit, in the wake of this Neon Alley announcement, I kind of wonder what their subscriber count was before and after the catch-up feature was announced.

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure! 24

TEARS OF
HAPPINESS GET! sogood

Also I think Love's mum deserves a Best Mother Ever award.

Also also, the yuri goggles aren't even necessary at this point.
Love just formally introduced Setsuna to her parents, and now they're living together. Can they just get married now, please? =p

Quasar

I have to admit, in the wake of this Neon Alley announcement, I kind of wonder what their subscriber count was before and after the catch-up feature was announced.

You'd think low if its not worth running their own service. As I doubt Hulu just showed up and offered them a boatload of cash.

waxer

What is similar to d-frag in humour in the last few years. After watching a few eps last night I feel like some more. Im just getting back into watching the odd show after being away from anime for ages.

You'd think low if its not worth running their own service. As I doubt Hulu just showed up and offered them a boatload of cash.

I dont know how one would come to that conclusion considering viz has been on hulu for a long time and even used it to simulcast back in the day series like BLue Exorcist, Nura, and Naruto Shippuden while having a wealth of anime on hulu even before Neon Alley debutted.

Fresh Precure! 24

TEARS OF
HAPPINESS GET! sogood

Also I think Love's mum deserves a Best Mother Ever award.

Also also, the yuri goggles aren't even necessary at this point.
Love just formally introduced Setsuna to her parents, and now they're living together. Can they just get married now, please? =p

Well I gave her best mother in this one table of Curebros. No reason to vote for Smile moms.

cnet128

Banned
What is similar to d-frag in humour in the last few years. After watching a few eps last night I feel like some more. Im just getting back into watching the odd show after being away from anime for ages.

Similar to D-Frag? Hmmmm... Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku is probably the closest thing that comes to mind. Or maybe the first two Milky Holmes series?

I would also recommend checking out Nichijou if you haven't, since it's kind of similar I guess but also has the bonus of being really good.

cajunator

Banned

Cool thanks
The blue haired girl character design is nice but probably has something to do with Kirito.

Got some more birthday money on Amazon, ordered the complete Soul Eater on BluRay. This marks my third anime purchase including FLCL and Spice & Wolf (though admittedly, all of these were gifts).

I'm turning into a regular otaku. :|

Nah you arent even close to that yet. Keep buying things until you can cover your walls with stuff. When its no longer possible to hide it.

Angel Beats 3

Wait, what just happened?
Why did that girl disappear or get obliterated as they call it? I suppose if you achieve your dream or get satisfied with what you did, you move on? Will be interesting to see what the aftermath of her disappearance will be. I assume her bands buddy will do something about it.

Its really a lot like Haibane Renmei in a lot of ways. People will scream blasphemy but its true.

Gintama 51

Why does the kid look like Gintoki! FIND OUT NEXT TIME

Ah, misunderstandings. One of the primary reasons why people get bent.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nobunaga the Fool 6

lol Kawamori

Show just keeps killing off cast members. :lol I guess that's one way to get Himiko out of the way so that Jeanne can continue making googly eyes at Nobunaga.

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure! 25

Thanks to a bit of pointed taunting from Souler, Cure Passion gets the opportunity to stand up to her old self. She wins, of course. Because happiness overcomes all!

Also moar tears of happiness. Delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom