• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vecks

People who have been watching Hunter X Hunter have been saying "IT'S HAPPENING" or "IT'S ALMOST TIME" for the past 2-3 months now. Was Episode 116 finally it? Did IT happen?

Depends on what you mean by IT. 116 is certainly one of the higher points of the arc IMO, but it's more of an ALMOST IT, rather than THE IT, which is much farther along.

Mr.Jeff

I wrote an blog post prompted by this wonderful episode back in 2008 when I first watched Aria because I couldn't sit in silence on such a great thing. Best in series episode, IMO.
I'm torn between the series finale and episode 9 for my favourite episode but they are both just so good.
I was spoiled to the ending of ep 9 but even watching through it with that in mind, it's just so wonderfully done I didn't mind all that much. It's a nice counterpoint in the manga since
it harkens back to one of the chapters near the start when Akari gets promoted from Pair to Single in the same place
but this got tragically cut.

The episode also brings a sad reminder that both Athena's VA and the VA for her singing have both passed away. :(

Depends on what you mean by IT. 116 is certainly one of the higher points of the arc IMO, but it's more of an ALMOST IT, rather than THE IT, which is much farther along.

I think it's a worthwhile "IT" moment. Not THE IT, but definitely one that people wanted to see, and it's pretty well executed for what it does.

As for the Other IT moment, that probably won't happen for a while.

Not everything has to be fighting you know. 15 minutes of Gon being a badass was great for me.

I prefer loose cannon in this case.

Gintama 58

A serious arc.
Considering Blind Samurai is back with a Demonic Sword, manages to do Gintoki in, and Katsura is supposedly dead

Excitement is in the air here

jman2050

Infinite Stratos - 07
This is the worst thing I've seen in a good long while. The only positive thing out of the entire thing was a proactive Charl but unfortunately she's proactive towards Ichika; a man combining the clumsiness of Rito from TLR and the charm of a brick. The surprise "twist" at the end sealed the deal of awfulness.

Now I remember why I only watch an episode of this a month.

Get ready, the second half is even worse and what I've heard of the second season is just hahahahahaha. The only good things to ever come from the IS franchise are Char and Infinite MENT.

Also I really should have just waited to get Bravely Default because Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games are like crack on a cartridge and I have things to do :(
Chinese girl is in pole position but this set of girls seems pretty weak so far. Maybe when I get the rest of the monster girls I'll change my mind.

Hunter x Hunter 116

GOOOOOOON
WQlIxQV.jpg

AAAAAAAAH YES GOOOOOOOOOOOOON

fw4ovAQ.jpg

GOOOOOOON GOOOOOOOOON GOOOOOOOOON

KEEP BEING THIS AWESOME. AND I WON'T BE ABLE TO HOLD BACK.

KEEP MAKING THAT FACE

AOTY

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Gintama 58

A serious arc.
Considering Blind Samurai is back with a Demonic Sword, manages to do Gintoki in, and Katsura is supposedly dead

You are flying through these episodes so damn fast. You might actually catch up to me and I've been watching for a month and a half now.

At episode 100 right now.

~nyanpasu

Curse you and your avatar changes!

cajunator

Banned
Since I finished Kino's Journey yesterday, I had an open slot for another anime to watch. Wanting some more steampunk adventure, I decided on:

Last Exile 1

I'll admit, I was a bit apprehensive when I saw Gonzo's splash come on the screen, having had mixed feelings watch their Count of Monte Cristo. The mix of traditional animation and CG will definitely take a little getting used to, but the story and setting looks like it will definitely make up for it (I'm hoping so, anyway). The music is also pretty nice so far, and the depiction of war seems refreshingly genuine. If I have one complaint thus far, it's that the lead girl is a bit grating (watching in English, though I doubt the Japanese dub would change much in this case).

Great series but a weak ending. Love the cg work and the designs. Tatiana wissla is hnnnngh.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
but you already replied to me!

considering watching d-frag. is it crunchy?

Because I didn't realize who you were the first time! Ain't nobody got time to read usernames.

Gintama 58

A serious arc.

You are in Gintama's first "serious" arc. Prepare for awesomeness.

Hamatora Episode 6
tumblr_inline_n0uvq5uWXV1rrn5dn.gif

The episode did explain why the official Hamatora PR account tweet that birthday ratio image earlier, backstory galore. It was amazing and further supported their close relationship
though why no statement about his lifetime. Always sad when characters are fated to short lives due to incurable diseases.

Case was explosive and actually one of the more interesting ones to follow. I hope they get another dedicated to them as combining minimums is a good concept for all characters.

Case:
surprised its Moral that is able to imitate folks easily, this may cause confusion later if he does Art? potentially once meeting with Nice? Maybe?

Branduil

Mouryou no Hako 3

iGNVpmyYFEBOt.jpg

That is not a normal hospital.

If only they had Oreki on the case. I'm curious to find out if
Yoriko is lying about the man pushing Kanako.

Also, that ending.

id6L0TkdL6duT.gif

Until I remembered the part with
the ransom letter
that made no sense until the ending scene. But still,

id6L0TkdL6duT.gif

how could they kidnap her from there?

Gintama 59

We have 5 bad guys, and we did terrible things to people you know, are you a bad enough dude to save them, despite your injuries? Yes.

This is what happens when you mix science and samurais. Weird things happen.

Indeed i was ..

Sorry about that.

No worries. But after my junior member days and the shit I used to do and almost got banned for I'm taking no chances. I'm the villagers from the boy who cried wolf before they all realize the little kid is a lying prick so they all band together to coerce the wolf to come back one more time to eat the kid, offering him their first born child for years to come. But they didn't realize the consequences.

So like in two days... or at my current rate, I could be there by tomorrow night even.
*first serious arc*

Waaaat, now things I knew was a lie

tC1amRL.jpg

KirbYayoi's real identity spotted. He's a Kirbdao

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Mouryou no Hako 3

Also, that ending.

id6L0TkdL6duT.gif

the ransom letter

id6L0TkdL6duT.gif

idk why but I get excited(not in that way...) everytime I see your avatar.

People who have been watching Hunter X Hunter have been saying "IT'S HAPPENING" or "IT'S ALMOST TIME" for the past 2-3 months now. Was Episode 116 finally it? Did IT happen?

The Chimera Ant arc is in a perpetual state of "happening". That's not going to change for months.

It's pretty amazing how Madhouse has managed to keep things consistent. I'm not sure any other series of this length can compare in that aspect.

sonicmj1

Mouryou no Hako 3

Also, that ending.

id6L0TkdL6duT.gif

the ransom letter

id6L0TkdL6duT.gif

That ending is a pretty great moment. Yoriko's joy at what happens kind of enhances how impossible it all seems, I think.

You'll eventually get your "how", but what the show's more interested in exploring is the "why". What drives people to do these things?

Branduil

That ending is a pretty great moment. Yoriko's joy at what happens kind of enhances how impossible it all seems, I think.

You'll eventually get your "how", but what the show's more interested in exploring is the "why". What drives people to do these things?

Based on the first three episodes, insanity.

The Chimera Ant arc is in a perpetual state of "happening". That's not going to change for months.

It's pretty amazing how Madhouse has managed to keep things consistent. I'm not sure any other series of this length can compare in that aspect.

Yeah Madhouse has kept animation, quality and entertainment pretty consistent. I mean I caught up with the series in like 2 weeks. It was glorious but now I'm stuck with the lot of ya waiting for weekly episodes.

Pacing hasn't been the best recently but that's more the issue of the source material apparently. Also the narrator became a main character.

HUnter x Hunter - 116

Madhouse did it again

They nailed this episode , so much tease for this ..

But it was worth it .... it was so much worth it i can't decide what to praise first

Gon voice actor nailing the job ?

Mahouse visual effects ?

The original wortter for making such a sequence ?

The superb ambiant music that was perfect for such a moment.

or
the moment when killua heart was broken in 2
?

10/10

I can't belive madhouse is nailing this adaptation so freaking well ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom