• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doamaiger D - 1

21RiwMf.gif

Anime is saved.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 01

OP is really good, and the Scopedog design is awesome.

A lot of stuff reminiscent of the original Gundam series (especially sound effects) but Chirico is already more hardboiled then any Gundam protagonist.

Should be a pretty good watch.

Joni

Thanks for all suggestions on page 4. It is really hard to get the right anime when you've been out of the game for a while.

Okay I plan to right a wrong to all anime-enthusiasts out there and start to watch Ghost in the Shell, problem is I see that the franchise has multiple installments and I think a re-do on one of the films (correct if wrong)? AnimeGAF, how do I begin watching?

Mature

Okay I plan to right a wrong to all anime-enthusiasts out there and start to watch Ghost in the Shell, problem is I see that the franchise has multiple installments and I think a re-do on one of the films (correct if wrong)? AnimeGAF, how do I begin watching?
Watch the original film (not 2.0), its sequel (innocence), Stand Alone Complex, Second Gig, then Solid State Society. Try out Arise if you're looking for more after that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
GitS as complicated as comics.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 02

Well it's good to know in every grimdark war torn future there will be Mad Max biker gangs with motorcycles and heart tattoos to enslave the MC so he can promptly kill them.

I just hope the caravan I get picked up in has the MC in it.

phaze

The movies (watch the original + innocence) and the TV show (Stand Alone Complex 1st and 2nd Gig) + Solid State Society follow up, are separate timelines of the franchise. You can start with what you want but I would recommend watching at least a few episodes of the TV show (SAC) to give you a better grasp of the society, technology and characters. The first movie throws you into the story with little explanation and I remember being very confused (and plainly mistaken) about few things.

Then there is Arise, a prequel and again a kind of new timeline as they change the backstory of Makoto (MC) a bit.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hey, man, every self-respecting Producer has to have their own calling card.

But, seriously, iM@S fans carrying business cards repping their favour idol(s) to trade with other fans is totally A Thing. And, yes, I know Takane has two right hands. The things you don't notice until they come back from the printers...
These are the best things I've seen today.

Unfortunately I'm more Consumer than Producer.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 03

b63da24b1d.jpg

FAVAROOOOOoooooOOOOO

Well, that's it for this week. I seriously think the Scopedog is one of my favorite mecha designs
outside of Zone of the Enders

Looking forward to watching more.

Megazone 23 II

Well that was... different. Best way to describe the shift of tone and art design would be like watching an ultraviolet 90's anime right after finishing Macross. I'd definitely say that part 1 is the better of the two, however. Part 2 doesn't really expand on anything introduced in part 1 if it doesn't outright drop elements from the first part. I'm also not a fan of the redesigns of Shogo and Yui which are a step down compared to what they looked like in the first part in my opinion. There's barely any Mecha action in it which is a disappointment considering that was the focus of the action sequences in part 1. In general, part 2 feels like a waste of potential because it could have done so much more with what it brought in part 1. It's not terrible by any means but it's not exactly good either.

The music remained on par with part 1 though.

Narag

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 2

Man, I really am forgetting a lot of details from when I last watched this. I don't remember such a large time span between Chirico's escape and where the episode picks up. I didn't fully appreciate him finding soliace in the abandoned AT in my initial viewing either. Speaks so much of his character.

cajunator

Banned
I don't have the numbers but i hope more people give the book a chance.

I guess i need to start the second half of the first season , too .

Baccano S2 , when ?

Truth

Naynko-sensei is best Cat , everyone in and outside the show agrees .
I have 2 keychains and a pillow , best purchase of 2012.

It has however , the best metal gear solid parody in anime of the last decade.

I wouldnt know really. I cant stands MGS games. Except the one where you can cut up everything with Raiden.

Imagine walking into a bookstore and seeing nothing but Marvel comics, Marvel movie novelizations, and non-fiction books about the history of Marvel. Then you walk to a cinema, and all the movies showing are Marvel films. You go home, turn on the TV, and a Marvel show is on. You switch over to Netflix, and the top selections are all Marvel Netflix shows. You jump over to Crunchyroll instead, and bam, Marvel Anime everywhere. You run out of the house screaming, and rush to the nearest maid cafe to escape it all. Only to be served by.... Jean Grey.

The beautiful future.

Seeing how fun the recent movies have been, this might not be a terrible thing.
There is a thriving comic book store in town and its basically this anyway.

What on earth, now we went back to a lovely romance anime which has the pacing of speed of light? It feels like i missed 20 eps. and than..bam 10 years later ~ Fin.....eh?
I guess the remaining eps are episodic fragments of this 10 years. Kinda reminds me of the movie Memento.

Edit: ah crap i should have read the summary...

Yeah its based on a dating game and the anime basically just goes through the motions of each girl's routes. theres nothing tying it all together. Its just a bunch of paths.

Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road Episode 13 – Flat-Out Run at Lake Yamanaka

The new OP is pretty amazing and the song is one that I actually want.

Episode could have been better. iMYzumi and Naruko could have made contributions this arc.

ED has good scenes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom