• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalow

as far as new shows I think I'll go with Death Parade, Yuri Kuma to see how awful it turns out, maybe Doamaiger and maybe, if I read good impressions, Yoru no Yatterman.

Branduil

Imagine walking into a bookstore and seeing nothing but Marvel comics, Marvel movie novelizations, and non-fiction books about the history of Marvel. Then you walk to a cinema, and all the movies showing are Marvel films. You go home, turn on the TV, and a Marvel show is on. You switch over to Netflix, and the top selections are all Marvel Netflix shows. You jump over to Crunchyroll instead, and bam, Marvel Anime everywhere. You run out of the house screaming, and rush to the nearest maid cafe to escape it all. Only to be served by.... Jean Grey.

The beautiful future.

So that's the backstory for Hatred.

Penguindrum is a complicated, interesting and clearly flawed show that I really need to rewatch at some point. I've read a through interesting articles about it but one of the best overall evaluations of the show can be found here.

I would agree that the biggest problem with the show is that the story feels really rushed in the last act. It seems like it needed another set of episodes to develop.

This is probably true (I've rewatched the early episodes, but I haven't gotten around to the second half yet), but I feel like the overall experience of Penguindrum was a rich and rewarding one. It's definitely messy at times, but it's ambitious as hell, and I love that. The show definitely suffers some from a lack of consistency, but the best moments in the show can be up there with the best in any show, and it has a really phenomenal ending.

It's flawed at times, but I'll take a flawed show trying to do something different (and very thematically rich) over a well put together show doing nothing new any day of the week.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Penguindrum is a complicated, interesting and clearly flawed show that I really need to rewatch at some point. I've read a through interesting articles about it but one of the best overall evaluations of the show can be found here.

I would agree that the biggest problem with the show is that the story feels really rushed in the last act. It seems like it needed another set of episodes to develop.

Penguindrum is a meandering mess of various plots that go absolutely nowhere. If you want to call it an interesting failure, that's fine. But it is still a failure.

Jex

Penguin Drum is a bad show with some incredibly good moments. A lot of fun to watch, of course. I am hoping Ikuhara will be more focused and structured with Lesbian Bear Storm.

I really don't think Penguin Drum is a bad show because that would seem to apply a complete failure. I really don't think that it fails to achieve it's objectives, I just think it's incredibly inconsistent about how it meets its goals.

It's certainly a polarising title though and the variety of responses it has garnered says as much about the type of viewers who consume it as the title itself. For example, I've even come across those who says that the show is basically excellent which I really can't understand.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It's flawed at times, but I'll take a flawed show trying to do something different over a well put together show doing nothing new any day of the week.

that sounds dangerous when you consider how many flawed shows there are out there compared to the meager handful that are actually well-made. Chances are at least one of those flawed light-novel-adapted shows is gonna slip up and do something different and then you'll be stuck watching "My little Sister is actually a devil but I need to grope her to save the world"

EDIT: darn you edited :(((

Soma

Crunchyroll said:
Sorry, this video is not available in your region due to licensing restrictions.

i16baIhonWfkz.jpg

Midonin

Most of what CR has so far is Funi's simulcasts for international users, but as far as shows they have exclusively, they have KanColle, Testament and Saekano so far. They're still making announcements.

Jex

Celestial Method 01

Hm... Strange...

This show feels a bit like AnoHana so far.

I've basically heard someone describe that show as "AnoHana is the cast was about 10 years old". Sounds like there's lots of 'moe girl drama'.

Celestial Method 01

Hm... Strange...

This show feels a bit like AnoHana so far.

Oh boy.

I've basically heard someone describe that show as "AnoHana is the cast was about 10 years old". Sounds like there's lots of 'moe girl drama'.

There is. And some other drama. Doing some research, I found out who the writer of this show was.

It's Naoki Hisaya. You know what else he wrote? Kanon.

You know what Kanon's part of? KEY.

That fact alone literally explained this show to me.

Especially its ending.

Midonin

That's why I'm expecting them to get Dog Days'' too. They've already got the first two seasons, so the third is basically a lock.

Doesn't look like anybody has Milky Holmes TD, though. My Japanese is good enough that I can understand it without a simulcast, it just makes it a little more costly to support the creators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom