• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gintama 051

sLpztMK.jpg

So, they've sunk so low as to have to add a kid character, eh? Worst season ever ;P

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 28

Great followup to the Oingo Boingo ep as it's this smooth transition from the wacky end of the spectrum to something deathly serious. Tension surround the corrupting influence of Anubis was superb as was the action poses throughout which hammered home just how far removed this one was from the usual antics once Anubis appeared, ~chu.

Unlimited fafnir - 04

2 loli were added to the cast , one is the principal of teh school AND is the rival of the hero since her too is looking at managing her harem.... The second just want to be the hero wife.

Such clever writing !!!!

Unlimited%20Fafnir%20-%2004_01.jpg
Unlimited%20Fafnir%20-%2004_02.jpg

I want more charlotte in this anime.

Charlotte financed the whole school of girls just so she could have an yuri harem ???? And what was that ? Harem comarade in arms ? Lool

Also , the main heroine is REALLY , REALLY useless

AOTY voting has certainly reached the point where some kind of script/third-party website would be useful. It seems pretty unwieldy to manually count votes when there are something like 500 of them.

Wouldnt we lose the written comments aspect of the system which seems to get people to check out a few anime sometimes?

What's everyone's take on Durarara S2? Pretty cool so far.

A fantastic continuation. I cant wait until it all releases and then we can marathon the show from the start to finish (and hopefully with having the novels in hand too, to get the full experience. I think its up there with Mahouka as the best of the LN adaptations and LN series overall (though not as good as Mokushiroku Arisu).

Recently, My Sister is Unusual 05

Just what this show needed. More little sisters...

Yuuya manages to see Mitsuki's chastity belt, then they have to pretend to kiss and there's people talking about Katamari Damacy as well.

Sölf

Yuuya manages to see Mitsuki's chastity belt, then they have to pretend to kiss and there's people talking about Katamari Damacy as well.

So, you are watching Peemouto. Sadly, while it started great as a "so bad it's good" show, it later only turned into a bad show. Well, it got better again, we we played "The Dark Knight" OST at the same time as an episode, which led to some hilarious scenes. xD

Oh my, you're watching this?

I wonder if anywhere has the live action film.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Episode 7

Funny episode with Shion and Chrono, though almost ventured into bad writing territory
at least the near tie is better than a Shion victory, why they give the inspirational story a chance for victory when Chrono, the underdog, deserved to win

I did guess the Dragonic Overlord correctly, all those other cards were hard.

/XX/

Interesting. Never knew about that. Still keeping up with my original interpretation, but I should really go after the manga once. See how that can influence my personal view.
That's fine. Just take into account that Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's work in the serialized graphical novel is, in great part, personal interpretations of the original scripts from the series merged with early input he himself provided during conceptual stage of the animated series' project (since the time of the 'NGE proposal' documents), in the same way Ikuto Yamashita's design work and his devised prototype plot for the final episodes of the series evolved into a later publication mixed with new ideas as is EVANGELION ANIMA. Mr. Sadamoto's adaptation was born as its own thing since the beginning, after all.

Just imagine the day when one show combines both the "harem" concept and the "little sister" concept together. An harem of little sisters!
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita... "Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of animu."

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
AOTY voting has certainly reached the point where some kind of script/third-party website would be useful. It seems pretty unwieldy to manually count votes when there are something like 500 of them.
While the problem of nicknames was removed this year (that was a right pain when I was counting votes) you still have a problem of shows having at least two names. And that's not even considering the second series of shows which can be written in multiple ways like S2, series 2, second season etc. You'd have to come to an agreement on how exactly titles are written so the parser picks up every single one correctly.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just wanted to point out that these are the same series...

Fixed, thanks.

This is why I wanted everyone to use English names where possible.
While the problem of nicknames was removed this year (that was a right pain when I was counting votes) you still have a problem of shows having at least two names. And that's not even considering the second series of shows which can be written in multiple ways like S2, series 2, second season etc. You'd have to come to an agreement on how exactly titles are written so the parser picks up every single one correctly.

If I were to automate it next year (or assist someone in automating it), I would manually create a list of eligible entries and then have people pick from those via a web form. The web form would generate a standardized ranking for posting in the thread, which would be then tallied using some kind of crawler.

I can manage the web form part but not the crawler so we'll see when it comes to AotY 2015. The work would be frontloaded, but counting would be much faster (I spent 7-6 hours on it). There would still be a lot of work but at least it'll be reusable for future threads and other communities.

Jarmel

Banned

Couldn't you just enter both variations as entries and have them categorized under a single name?

daveo42

Banned
Catching up on anime from the past week, so this might be a little long...

Log Horizon:
S2 E17

Another low key episode, but with a few new surprises. Also, my thoughts original thoughts on resurrection were wrong as to what happens to adventures who need to rez too many times.
Seems like instead of just losing your memories of the real world, it actually erodes your sense of self and you end up as more an avatar with no personality. You basically are just an empty shell.

This outcome is way way worst that I envisioned where players eventually became something similar to NPCs who only know of the world of Elder Tale and nothing of the world they came from. Damn is that depressing. I wonder if Rudy is bound by this rule now as well.
Death Parade E4:
I'm still liking the how each episode has dealt with the characters, I just want some additional exploration into the actual arbiters of that world and their guest. Might actually get some of that next episode.

JoJo's Stardust Crusaders E28:
Loving the Egyptian gods so far as they come out of the woodwork. Anubis is a nice shift off of last week's episode and how absolutely hilarious it was.

Parasyte E16:
Nice shift in power for our bad guys, plus the
betrayal of Tamura Reiko, which isn't all that surprising.
It still has its issues, but I'm still enjoying it every week.

Rolling Girls E4:
Action is still good when it pops up, but I'm fine if this stays closer to a slice of life anime. The credit sequence this week though...
seems like they are trying to skip some of the requests to move the story along instead of covering them in individual episodes.

Tokyo Ghoul Root A E4:
This is a case study in how to you can take a solid manga and turn it into absolute shit.

Yoru No Yatterman E4:
This show...every episode ends up being an emotional roller coaster ride. Nice fight sequence near the end and I love some of the humor thrown in to lighten everything up, but damn is this whole setting depressing. Gotta keep laughing even when you are crying.

Recently, My Sister is Unusual 07

Interesting plays the drama club creates...

It's an almost normal episode where Mitsuki tries to join different clubs, but then in the end it turns out that this show is the Inception of anime.

Yatterman - 04

Yet another solid episode with some funny stuff in it. I appreciate that they made the Yatterman have a unique General that isn't just a copy robot.
Gives more weight to them actually being a threat. And as the show has shown before, it doesn't always end on a happy note.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
See, if we were forward thinking we'd start putting together a list of 2015 shows from this season now so come the end of the year we'd have a complete list of eligible titles.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The next episode is literally called "Ash and Serena's First Date! The Vow Tree and the Present!!"

A Certain Scientific Railgun - 17

This show has a video game company named Weed. If that company was real, I can just imagine the GAF conversations about it.

That being said, I liked this episode. Tessou was pretty fun to watch.

buwahahaha. I'm ded.

Midonin

Graffiti 04

The question is if the food is enhancing the cuteness or if the cuteness is enhancing the food.

Fafnir 04

Ayaneru is just all over the place these days. Tear isn't my favorite role of hers, but the idea of dragon cultists is something. I'm still trying to reconcile the military environment with the magical girl-like weapons. Though the same thing could also describe Dog Days, that still leans towards the "magical girl" side of the equation.

Cross Ange 17

What did Embryo do, exactly, to make everyone follow him? Ange's heart, unlock! (Please?)

Maria 04

I read that the director chose Kanemoto for the lead role because had a virgin-like voice. Make of that what you will. The idea of religion and bawdy humor makes for something that at least is interesting to watch. Like Maria, I wish people weren't so down on the idea of not having wars.

Yatterman Night 04

Just as I think that Graffiti has a melancholy air despite its cute trappings, I think this is ultimately a hopeful story despite its bleak trappings. I'm curious if the general we saw this episode was based on anything or anyone from the Time Bokan series. The new Yatterpug and the monkey mecha was a clever bit of folk wisdom integrated into the story. Exactly the kind of thing that the original Yatterman would do. If Sentai can make goofy-looking robots something you can be seriously invested in, so can this.

World Break 04

Shizuno's cute. This is a much better magical car chase and magical battle than anything Mahouka ever put out. The magical chants are still chuuni as hell, yet I find the show interesting more often than not. It's certainly got the best dialogue.

I hope every American has their favorite sodas, beers, Dorito bags, and pizza orders ready for their favorite game of Handball later.

it doesn't exist but Imouto Paradise does. Been spending most of my life living in an imouto paradise.

I didn't know you played that game, Woofy.

Its only recently that I myself just finished downloading it.

Narag

See, if we were forward thinking we'd start putting together a list of 2015 shows from this season now so come the end of the year we'd have a complete list of eligible titles.

Sounds like work and as we all know, AnimeGAF hates work. Just a shame haly drew the short straw this year and had to count votes, ~chu.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I'm no slacker so here's the list of currently running shows that will be eligible for this year's vote:

Code:
Wake Up Girls! Zoo

Now I just don't have to work on this list for the whole year and the prize is in the bag!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yoru no Yatterman Episode 4:

So at last we meet a face of the Yatterman Kingdom, the General Goro who I have no idea if he was in the original series but he proves to be a formidable foe.

Just finished watching Knights of Sidonia, and damn. Such a breath of fresh air in sci-fi anime (and better) compared to what we have currently that is Aldnoah.Zero. Wish I can change my ranking in the AotY thread, oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom