• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
The latest kofouku graffiti episode was really good. I'm liking the show a lot for some reason. Her reminiscing about her grandma was um not sure how to put it, but I really like stuff like that.

Recently, My Sister is Unusual 09

Vqp9NiA.jpg

1SfXl5d.jpg

So, Mitsuki and Yuuya manages to fall asleep under the same kotatsu, and then he grabs her boobs while dreaming about his mother...

And there's the standard thing with who gets to make food for Yuuka. Mitsuki manages to get splashed with dressing and then sees Yuuka naked... again.

Mature

Yoru no Yatterman - 4
The tonal whiplash, the bit characters with contrived melodrama... This just isn't working for me. I still enjoy the world and some of the visuals, but the script is not touching the highs of the first episode.

cajunator

Banned
It's definitely softer than Haruhi however Kannagi uses a lot of straight lines as well.

The other thing is the time table. Kannagi aired in October 07 while K-On aired in April. Knowing Kyo-Ani's production schedule back then, they probably started work long before Kannagi aired.

Kannagi aired in 2008. K-on wasnt till 2009. Kannagi still beat it by almost a year :)
Its probably too many variables to say which studio really designed the look first though. Studio A-1 laid a counter punch with Sora no Woto but its still a cute pudgy style regardless of who did it first.

Jarmel

Banned
Kannagi aired in 2008. K-on wasnt till 2009. Kannagi still beat it by almost a year :)

Sorry meant October 08. It didn't launch a full year later. Kannagi was October 08 and K-On was April 09. The initial designs for K-On were shown to the public for the first time in December of 08. So unless you're suggesting either Horiguchi came up with, or was influenced, by the designs by looking at the Kannagi website or a PV, she literally had no time to react to the show itself. The designs would have been finalized long before December.

cajunator

Banned

Thanks! I wouldnt put this in my top 3 Precure OP/ED list but they are kind of catchy.
Not as good as Hapcha's.

Thank you fanart gods for the many pics of Anya in a cheerleader's outfit.

I guess Anya is anastasia? If so then I agree with this.

Well, I guess I missed voting for AOTY. :\ I thought I had until the end of the day, and I was going to perfect my ballot.

I completely forgot to finalize my voting. Not that it matters much.

Koufuku Graffiti 4
Interesting episode with a lack of cooking and her being alone and going to places she went to as a kid. The preview animation was really cute

cajunator

Banned
Sorry meant October 08. It didn't launch a full year later. Kannagi was October 08 and K-On was April 09. The initial designs for K-On were show in December of 08. So unless you're suggesting either Horiguchi came up with, or was influenced, by the designs by looking at the website or a PV, she literally had no time to react to the show itself. The designs would have been finalized long before December.

I already said its hard to know who came up with it first. It doesnt really make a difference though. I like the doughy look I wish more shows would adopt it.

cajunator

Banned
Nozaki-kun has a really strong showing in this no one really accounted for, ~chu.

Well deserved high ranking.
Anyway I totally forgot this was going on but it would explain why Im suddenly behind like 10 pages!

Regardless of whatever wins the number 1 spot, KLK is still ranking higher than Mushishi at the moment.

WGW71Vj.gif

That would have happened no matter what. KLK is way more visible and approachable than Mushishi.

Quasar

This is on my mind simply because I read duckroll's AOTY ballot, but somehow I cared more about what happened to the fake news channel on The Newsroom than about anything that happened in the episodes I watched of Shirobako... and all the characters on The Newsroom are despicable. lol

Heh. I liked both of them. Didn't find the latter true...though I'm behind on newsroom. But then I also adored West wing. And frankly newsroom has been one of the few normal (not Scifi, fantasy or whatever) US shows in recent years that kept my interest at all. And thats probably a factor in how much anime I watch.

phaze

Was this animated short posted earlier in a thread? If not, then it's a nice looking and well animated short you can find by (tsubura?) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfr5iaEE9bQ
There's more in the video description as well.

I'm not quite sure what I've just watched but it sure was pretty. Neat choreography.

So I finally started this show after much excitement and anticipation and I’m really glad that I did. The show thus far has been a joy to watch and has left me wanting more. Seeing as I’m at the halfway point I thought that I’d wrap up for today and write up a bit in regards to my feelings on the show so far (which are super positive if you couldn’t tell!). I’m not sure if the show is popular or well known around here, so I’d be happy if I get some other people to check this out by the time I’m done with it.

The show itself is a mystery drama or sorts with heavy use of both horror and supernatural elements that accumulates into something truly psychological.

The show in general…
Okay as always I tend to split up my feelings on each element of the show so I’ll be starting with the general gist of the show. The best way to describe the show would be…that it feels like a grown up, anime take on the Goosebumps type of formula. Each episode has its own little story to tell but everything intertwines by the end of each episode as everything falls into place. Make no mistake; everything is a part of a much grander arc here. The premises are super, creepy (legitimately so) and some parts downright chilling in imagery. But no matter how creepy each episode is, you end up with this huge grin on your face as everything falls into place by the end of each episode and the credits roll by (with that super catchy ending theme!). The show is really cool like that.

Well, you got me to (re)board that train ! I remember finding about this show after going through Lain but somehow it dropped of my radar. Dunno if the episodic structure will work for me but maybe Dandy managed to cure me from that allergy. Really liked both Texhnolyze and Lain so I think this will be a treat too.

Maria the virgin witch - 01

Who thought that putting a PURE MAIDEN with a succubus was a good idea ? Because it is.

Anyway , i like the cast ... there is a nice potential for plenty of good things. So far so good.

Wait so the other witches were using their succubus in order to weaken the soldiers before the battle ? that's a weird way to go behind the scenes i guess.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, looks like Ping Pong is going to win by about 100 points over the next show.

Honestly I didnt even watch ping pong. One because some studio already did a show 15 years ago, and two because its ping pong.

Redline

So, I got this on BluRay from GAFfer mechashiva as part of his GAF Secret Santa package to me. I've been wanted to watch it for a while, and well...

tumblr_mludvyoK6B1rfjo9ao1_500.gif

HOLY

cbfBZlW.gif

MOTHER

tumblr_n3zuvrGCkC1svhed3o1_500.gif

OF

%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%BA%D0%B8-Anime-REDLINE-REDLINE-Deyzuna-552117.gif

GOD

sRZXpKe.gif

I'm fucking blown away. Absolutely gorgeous. There's not one single fucking shot, nay might I say frame, in this movie that looks bad. So cheesy yet so fucking stylish. It just fucking oozes charisma. It's like F-Zero fucked Speed Racer. It knows what it's supposed to be (a high octane joyride with a cartoon-y batch of characters that are just a blast to watch) and it hits it's stride hard, flipping everyone the bird and daring them to animate on this level or get out of the way. Its plot has the depth of cheesy stage flat and can be really meatheaded at times, but that's all it needs to be the glorious laser show that it is. The soundtrack is groovy as fuck but still keeps your blood pumping; it never sacrifices it's cool or its edge or vice versa. And to top it off, the dub cast was just perfectly cast and a preformed.

Just an absolutely amazing ride.

If this was a secret santa gift then dude you SCORED.

Most anime doesnt even have an ending.
Att least Yuuki Yuuna finished the fight.

javac

Well, you got me to (re)board that train ! I remember finding about this show after going through Lain but somehow it dropped of my radar. Dunno if the episodic structure will work for me but maybe Dandy managed to cure me from that allergy. Really liked both Texhnolyze and Lain so I think this will be a treat too.

I'm really glad! Still got the last 6 episodes to watch, and I'll get to that after I have a bath but yeah the show thus far is super refreshing and a breath of fresh air in the midst of shows that seemingly tell you everything up front. It's a show that like Texhnolyze is very slow in revealing the plot but in doing so makes for a much more engrossing experience.

Everything falls into place and within the first episode or two you start to really get a groove on as the mannerisms of the show start to gel with you and you start to understand what kind of show it is. I'm not going to spoil anything of course, but don't let the 'episodic nature' deter you, it really works in its favor as all the events slowly intertwine with one another to create this intimate and cohesive world. Texhnolyze is top 5 for me so I'm glad you liked that show too!

cajunator

Banned
JEXHIUS WHAT DID YOU DOOOOOOO

Lol I saw that last night.

Log horizon being so low , BREAKS my poor heart.

The database of this spreadsheet is clearly wrong.

It will always be #1 in our hearts!
Akatsuki will not be denied.

Reports coming in from several precincts of voting irregularities

1vgaOtK.jpg

Lol. How does that even happen?

I see my tastes continued to diverge this year from the communal standard. Just as well I didn't bother voting anyway.

I know there was a separate OT for it but I'm still curious about the breakdown of Ping Pong's 1st place votes between those of regular anime community thread participants, and the rest of NeoGAF.

At least the winner this year will be a show that was legally simulcast while it was airing. I'm still amazed that Yamato 2199 rounded up enough word-of-mouth awareness to get it last year.

if theres anything you should always remember, its that whats popular will often differ widely from what individuals love the most.

Yoru no Yatterman 04

The way the series alternates between goofy physical humor and soul crushing despair (sometimes at the same time) doesn't bother me as much as I would think.

I think there is something to be said about how 70s this is with the stacking Yatterman bots and the Nose robots (what) comboed with the Casshern Sins style darker setting.
But I don't really have anything to say.

Maria the Virgin Witch 04

Ezekiel being bullied all the time reminds me of this thread.

This presents some decent ideals, complimented by the slutty witches and succubus

faridmon

OK, that second ed song of Aoi no Exorcist is amazing. I don't usually listen to Jpop (especially from models/actresses) but I am tempting getting the single.

Jarmel

Banned
Yoru no Yatterman 4-

So this episode surprised me in some ways and also slightly disappointed me. It disappointed me in that I felt the direction, when the husband is being taken away the first time, to be lackluster. Mainly in that better animation and focus on the despair of the characters should have been better and would have provided a more emotional scene. Also some of the other shots in the episode weren't as dynamic as I would have liked, mainly in that the camera position was too far back.

However I feel like this episode did provide some crucial elements to the series, that it lacked before. Mainly the introduction of competent human generals on the Yatterman side. This allows for more human expression and emotion for both parties, in addition to more interesting and varied fight choreography and animation, as seen below:

http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/4be01b23ed387dca263fcb02d5878764.webm

I should note that one scene I really liked in the episode was at the end with Leopard
doing the fake laugh and her starting to cry in the middle.
I also liked the heroes pointing out that saving the husband would only be a temporary solution, seems like most shows forget that point when they do something like a jailbreak. The show feels like a 'rougher', less polished, and darker version of Gurren Lagann at this point.

Edit: Oh and the general being voiced by Hiyama (Viral) is straight awesome.

OK, that second ed song of Aoi no Exorcist is amazing. I don't usually listen to Jpop (especially from models/actresses) but I am tempting getting the single.

I remember that ed, it was indeed pretty good. It even made up for the hilariously bad first one. This reminds me that I still haven't watched the movie...

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Im@s Cinderella Girls 4
This episode focus on the girl making a PR video, in the style of documentary, just like the 1st episode of OG IM@S. I feel that this episode is not really necessary since the previous ep. already establish the characters. But screw it, Anastasia in cheerleader outfit and Nitta playing air Lacrosse. The most important part from this episode is that Mio, Rin, Shimazuki, Anastasia, and Nitta making a CD debut.

olaznoG

Cross Ange 17

What did Embryo do, exactly, to make everyone follow him? Ange's heart, unlock! (Please?)

Chris was dying from a shot to the head and Embryo saved her. He also actually revived one of the little girl Ersha was crying over. Salia was just jelly i guess.

Is Redline just violent or does it also have a lot of nudity in it as well?

Thinking about buying some Blu Rays. Also considering Paprika as well. I wanna watch these with my little bro.

Is Redline just violent or does it also have a lot of nudity in it as well?

Thinking about buying some Blu Rays. Also considering Paprika as well. I wanna watch these with my little bro.

There is one scene with nudity, and another that's kinda close and pretty sexual.

It's also not really super violent either.

Sterok

Koufuku Graffiti 4.

The perils of being lonely. More cuteness, and we learn about her past. Plenty of small chuckles from Grandma and convenience store man.

Cross Ange 17. Always reliably entertaining.

To the Earth we care about once more. Vivian says goodbye to mom. She'll be saying she's home again all right. Probably right above her mother's corpse. What could possibly go wrong with this plan? Besides everything of course. 5 Villkiss versus hundreds of dragons and 4 mechs. Team Black wins. There's Salia, Ersha and Chris. I knew Salia was going to end up fighting her eventually. Chris still seems likeable at least. Vivian is cool. Villkiss teleporting is really OP. There's our other important girls. At least we get to hear more Angelise-sama. I missed that. As for the preview, no Salia. The staff hate you more.

And now, the most important show of the year, Go Princess Precure 1.

Well, I haven't been paying much attention to the promotional material, so most of Go Princess is new to me. Time to Princess shit up. Let's see if we can wash that Lovely taste from our mouths.

Haruka has grand dreams. Delusional, but grand. Kanata looks like our creeper for the season. Opening is alright. To a boarding school. Minimal parents/family this time. They're absent in a lot of shows anyway, so might as well cut them out. Yui is a roomate. And Miyuki. Haruka seems awkward here. Pretty sure this is more of an upper-class school then she comes from. Seems to be a decent dancer though. So there's going to be an older girl in the group. I think I'll like the third girl the most.

Puff is cute. I think I'll like Aroma. Hope Kingdom. Wow, that is both boring and lame. Disdark is the group name, and Close is our first villain. Been awhile since I could call the first baddie legit evil looking without comedy bringing them down. Again with targeting people for the monsters. The cage and lock motif is cool. Zetsuborg is something I can spell without much trouble, so I'm all for that. Transformation seems decent. Cure Flora. Another flower Cure? This is the third lead one we've had. The petals are pretty though. Fight was surprisingly good, though that may just be first episode budget. Don't think I like the CGI for the regular attack. So poofy. Even more than normal. Gotta princess those princesses. ED is so elegant. I like it. On to the next Cure.

An alright first episode Not as strong as the first episode as Happiness Charge, but there's potential here. Haruka isn't impressing me at all as a main character, but it looks like she can get the job done. I'm cautiously optimistic for now.

e_i

Koufuku Graffiti episode 4

"My beloved Kirin" Oh my. These two really need to shack up already. It's obvious that they can't stand being apart.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Junketsu no Maria Episode 4:

Didn't think it was possible but this series has become more obsessed with losing virginity then a 1980s American sex comedy.

Some nudity in Redline.

There is one scene with nudity, and another that's kinda close and pretty sexual.

It's also not really super violent either.

I don't recall Redline having a lot of nudity, but it does have some sexual content.

Ah gotcha. Is it like kinda explicit? I mean hes 13 and hes seen his fair share of anime fan service but I dont really want to watch people banging next to him haha. Its weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom