• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So Sabre is in charge of the invisible storm right?

So got around to watching The Book of Life.

Thought it was decent.

Laughed hard when I heard the Radiohead song.

And I liked how the best friend never turned into the usual villain.

La Muerte though.

tumblr_n70jfanPjA1re1qkwo1_500.png

I don't think I've seen such an attractive dead woman since watching Corpse Bride.

Nafe

Mobile Suit Gundam-san

Episode 6: Dr. Sayla's Consultation Room

This episode reminds viewers that Sayla was actually a medical student to start with in the original series before everything happens. She makes a pretty cute one too.

Anyway, with the current conversation of Gundam,slapping, and whether or not one enjoys punishment, this episode features the not so privately disguised Captain Bright confessing to Sayla that he slapped one of his subordinates (not so secretly censored Amuro) for stepping out of line. He then found himself doing it again and saying that he thinks he might actually be enjoying it and seeks her advice.

This then triggers Sayla to recognize she too has been slapping others and really enjoying it. Apparently really enjoying it...

tumblr_naqrbmOS7Y1spz3zmo1_500.gif

She then acknowledges she knows it's him, leading him to question why there's a privacy screen in the first place. What was with the pose anyway?
Really though. Who doesn't enjoy a good slapkuga? ;p

Search your feelings you know that statement to be false

Second movie hasn't even released in blu-ray. What's up with these anime blu-ray speeds.

I guess it has to do with the fact it's a movie which means you have to wait a couple months after it airs in the theaters before it's released on Blu-Ray.

There's 5 Persona 3 Movies in total, so it's definitely gonna be a long wait.

After watching this PV I'm so fuckin hyped, my body is so ready for this.😍 Lotus Juice and Yumi are just so amazing with their music. Man making this series into Movies was such a right move because in all honesty the story fits much better in a movie format rather than as a anime. Also seeing my man Makoto (the best protagonist in the whole Persona series) in action is great.

Yeah I know I'm a bit late in watching the PV.

I just wish the lag for disc release wasnt so long. :(

-

I hope p5 gets such treatment in 2016, I need animated Ryuuji now.

Midonin

Sailor Moon R 33-34

Everyone hates Artemis even without a spell, but loves Ami unless there's a spell involved. This may be even worse than handing out cursed floppy discs. Good showing for the power of friendship!

Jarmel

Banned
Yuri Kuma-6
iyWKroTocgxso.jpg

Well about that...
This is still not working for me. At all. I enjoyed 4 and 5 a lot but the human drama in this is just too on the nose to really get me involved emotionally.
I mean we had someone literally turning on a grill at the end. I just started laughing my head off.
I feel like I'm watching two separate shows, one with the bear antics and one with the students and I don't think they mesh all that well. The human side just isn't as interesting as the bears. We'll see how the narrative ends but it also feels like it's taken way too long to get to this point, like this should have happened around episode 3 or 4.

The other thing I'm not overly fond of is the heavy usage of flashbacks for dead characters. Yatterman is doing it this season as well and I wish they would tone it back there too.

Oh and the teacher is totally the final boss. Edit: Well unless it's Sumika. For Kuma Shock.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wanted to make Mr.Jeff watch more Doremi, I really did!

PBR = Polar Bear Cafe

PBC is Polar Bear's Cafe. I find it amusing that a series like this has developed a small but "mainstream" following since it's got the same aimless slice of life content as other series but it lacks the "horrific moe character" designs that make people freak out and start calling people pedophiles.

Well if we want to be really specific, in the first chapter or Aqua Akari specifically mentions that "the cities are beautiful and organised. Everything is very orderly." so I doubt that's become a hellhole unless you want to go down the route that she's been conditioned to say things like that by an oppressive, tyrannical regime.
You've never seen Polar Bear Cafe???!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I assume Earth is a utopia, but that rather than try to protect world heritage sites or whatever, they just decided to move all that stuff to Mars. Heck, maybe they decided to move London to Venus and there's another girl training to be a black cab driver at the same time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mars is obviously a giant theme park. Neo Venezia is just a recreation of Venezia, as the real one has become super-urbanized, for wealthy Terran tourists.

Mature

Shirobako 16-17
Why did no one warn me about angel calisthenics?

I usually don't write much about this show because I get around to it pretty late, but this show has been getting better and better each episode. Very impressed.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yuri Kuma Arashi - 06 (aka LESBIAN BEAR STORM)

Wanna give a shoutout to Lulu for being wing-girl MVP of the year, looking out for her girl Ginko and
telling Kureha to be appreciative of her love.
This episode pretty much laid everything out on the table regarding the class, their politics, and most importantly
the individual running the whole show: THE TEACHER!! (I knew it!!)
Can't wait for next week as to see how the trio are going to deal with this.

Now that
Kureha got that reality check regarding Ginko, let the sweet honey love FLOW!!

Sterok

Yuri Kuma 6

Lulu has nice shades. Sumika gets an actual character. Mystery person's identity is really obvious. The evil is officially excluded. Ginko's crime is possibly revealed?

Jarmel

Banned
Good lord, I sorta knew Tsukimonogatari was lewd, but goddamn this is worse than Nisemonogatari.

They went all out with this.

Narag

So got around to watching The Book of Life.

Thought it was decent.

Laughed hard when I heard the Radiohead song.

And I liked how the best friend never turned into the usual villain.

La Muerte though.

tumblr_n70jfanPjA1re1qkwo1_500.png

I don't think I've seen such an attractive dead woman since watching Corpse Bride.

I love that movie so much in spite of its flaws. One of the prettiest animated movie I've seen ~chu.

Vecks

Yowapedal 17

Man, that devotion of Ishigaki to Midousuji is on a whole 'nother level. With no more tricks/strategies/secret techniques left, I'm not expecting much at all from the rest of this race. I hope it doesn't go on for much longer.

Mushi-shi - 4

What have I gotten myself into.

Like, I knew there'd be some heavy shit in this anime. I mean, it comes with the territory.

But this episode
was about the story of a man who was forced to watch everyone and everything he loved crumble around him.

And it was all because of the mushi in his pillow. I thought that there'd be at least some sort of glimmer of hope for this guy by the end of this episode. Then it turns out that he never had a dream again and in fact was afraid to sleep, all culminating with him killing himself.

Like, holy crap. That was some Kino's Journey levels of depressing.

Mushi-shi - 4

What have I gotten myself into.

Like, I knew there'd be some heavy shit in this anime. I mean, it comes with the territory.

But this episode
was about the story of a man who was forced to watch everyone and everything he loved crumble around him.

And it was all because of the mushi in his pillow. I thought that there'd be at least some sort of glimmer of hope for this guy by the end of this episode. Then it turns out that he never had a dream again and in fact was afraid to sleep, all culminating with him killing himself.

Like, holy crap. That was some Kino's Journey levels of depressing.

yep.

Gaiking Legend of Daiku Maryu - 4

Well, I might as well just accept that they're going to play the theme song at the climax of every episode now. If that's what the show wants to do, fine. But man it would be so much better if it didn't and it saved it for later and much better awesome moments.

In any case though, despite that, this show is still okay. I like that it's moving along at a smooth pace. We've only just now been fully introduced to the main villains and the characters have just now entered into Darius. So that's all right.

Jarmel

Banned
Tsukimonogatari-
I actually thought this was one of the stronger arcs in the entire franchise despite the first quarter of it being lewd as fuck. I mean goodamn the first 20 minutes is pretty much softcore hentai. One thing about the Monogatari franchise that I've always liked is Arararagi as a character in that while he's a fun protagonist, he also has a clear set of ideals that he really doesn't break. So I enjoyed him being back in the driving seat.
A big trend of the 2nd season of Monogatari was consequence and this arc is a continuation of that. As Ononoki put it, Arararagi kept putting things on the tab and you gotta pay at one point or another. So in a sense this was collection time for Arararagi although he squirmed out of it. The notion that he can't depend on his vampire powers going forward is a very interesting development. I'm sure he's going to be put in to some high tension situations in the future where he is probably just flat out break his vow, just because I can't see him upkeeping it. So the vampire powers aren't a 'Get out of Jail Free' card anymore.
I really enjoyed this conversation and especially in how it pertains to both Arararagi and Ononoki in that Arararagi was imposing his own arbitrary values of humanity on her as a way of making himself feel better about his own predicament. In that if he tried to avoid killing people and maintaing his own moral compass, he would still be human however Ononoki rejects that and makes it clear that a monster is a monster.

The ending of the confrontation is somewhat lukewarm but it does fit into the Monogatari theme of subversion so it's not a big deal. I was hoping though that Arararagi would be pinned down a bit more and really forced into a tough scenario but I'm sure that's coming. Ougi is just playing everyone like a violin and it's a little grating that nobody has really called her out or challenged her. Maybe that's Oshino's role in the future?

On a final note, the soundtrack was horrible. The 2nd half was better but the first half is just complete garbage.

cajunator

Banned
?

Pretty sure Toei will be cranking out Precure (and plastic tie-in merchandise) until the heat death of the universe.

Im not sure how they keep coming up with new ideas but they will certainly keep at it a long time if at all possible. Maybe people are tiring of it though.

Fushigiboshi no Futagohime 3

The GREAT BOBOBO DRAGON and its not Bodacious cold.

And a bit of world building for another kingdom, starring Lione and her spirited father.

This definitely isn't a battle oriented magical girl show, so it's a change of pace at least.

Leone is super duper adorable. Like moenuke level. Especially when she does her little panic thing.

Thanks Mikey.

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou - 03-07

Everything about this is great. At this point I'd give it a 9/10 easily, probably even 10/10.

Except it doesnt "end" very well.

I'm curious, would anybody be interested in participating in a Best Anime Soundtracks poll thread? Sort of like the GOAT anime poll we should have updated a long time ago.

Sure why not? I can think of several which are my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom