• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baalzebup

Oh that's what it is, huh? Hahaha. Aren't they supposed to be pretty old too?

Seems like. The other two are actually wondering about Arupin's age right there in that clip. She reminisced about doing that Sentai-show and they note that that was 10 years ago. Seems like Arupin has that "I'm seventeen" joke going :p

Joe Molotov

Seems like. The other two are actually wondering about Arupin's age right there in that clip. She reminisced about doing that Sentai-show and they note that that was 10 years ago. Seems like Arupin has that "I'm seventeen" joke going :p

She pretends to be 16, but actually she's 29.

Dog days S3 - 06
1423906651157.jpg

This prize is worth the price of entry !!!!

Dog days season 3 delivers ... the animation is PERFECT and the world building as strong as ever.

Not sure if it's on purpose , but that's like the best arranged mariage episode one could make on a 14th of february ..

Kudos to leo-sama for the fantastic idea , is there any doubt that she is one of the strongest ? No there is none ...

BUt i must say it again ... that animation is so good in season 3 ... now i'm convinced ... the finale is going to rock so much high i'm not sure i'll be able to stay calm.

Dog%20Days%20S3%20-%2006.jpg

YES , oh YES!! so many YES !
10/10 ep

ibyea

Banned
Death Parade 6
Oh wow, that was a really silly episode, this time covering Ginti as the arbitrator and an idol and a fan girl as the victims of the game.
All that is going on with them is they both died in a really stupid way.
As stupid as it was, it was a blast.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Rolling☆Girls Episode 6:

I do love a series where the protagonists mattered so little they could have been replaced by rubber foam and had abut as much impact. I give this one last chance before I drop it.

The Rolling Girls 06

Some pretty obvious cg going on in that race, of course it was done pretty well so I can't fault it. I didn't really care for the rest of the characters tho. And rally, there is no point following Nozomi around if they don't actually do anything.

Yuri Kuma Arashi - 4

Cool back story, I guess. Too bad that I don't really care about it at all.

Most can watch Utena and Penguin Drum to end because they have characters that the audience can become attached to. Yuri Kuma doesn't really have this, so you're left with pretty backgrounds and well-directed scenes that mean little to you.

Will be dropping this.

Log horizon S2 - 19

Good episode ...
tohya condition and backstory was hinted A LOT before , so the confirmation is there... the truth of the odissey knight is alright while i disagree , i can understand their motivations and desperation , they feel dead because they don't see elder tale world as their reality.. it's a nice contrast to william guild where elder tale became their reality and they embraced it..

Minori is close to have 2 mentors , shiroe & roe 2 ... talk about being an overpowered student ... Anymore and we'll be able to start "History strongest disciple : minori" sub franchise.
Log%20Horizon%202%20-%2019.jpg

Rundel haus still the best dog companion

Next episode , we'll probably have nyanta kicking ass left and right , can't wait ...

Finally.

Since her first introduction way back in the beginning of the series.

Celty has found competition in the Best girl category with Vorona.

Russian assassin bookworm with that cute voice of hers.

Coincidentally, she seems to share Celty's love of riding motorcycles.

Frog-fu

Banned
Hyōka 6-22

Some hits and some misses, but overall a pretty enjoyable anime. The cultural festival arc in particular was entertaining. Final episode was rather tame though, and not much came of it. I don't expect a second season, but if there were one, I'd be game for it.

Clov

Aniplex made a bunch of announcements today! Highlights:

Hanamonogatari Blu-Ray, coming in April
Kara no Kyoukai movie 8+OVA Blu-Ray also coming in April
Some new movie from the AnoHana creator
Zvezda relegated to DVD-only hell

Surprised at the Kara no Kyoukai announcement. Upset at no Mushishi news. I'll keep waiting.

Death Parade - 1

So, what was there not to get with this? Some people here were confused by this. I think it is pretty straightforward.

Granted, the lack of subtlety really brings this down IMO.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
ToonamiGAF can make this shit tolerable through mutual suffering.
It's not even a good show for suffering. The second series was quite average in the end.

A show that failed to live up to the hype that it would be bad. Tragic.

It's not even a good show for suffering. The second series was quite average in the end.

A show that failed to live up to the hype that it would be bad. Tragic.

The first half is great for suffering. Funny enough once again the first half is the best part, then the second half becomes boring/even more stupid

Narag

Death Parade - 1

So, what was there not to get with this? Some people here were confused by this. I think it is pretty straightforward.

The placecard in the ED was left untranslated by Funi which, in turn, created unnecessary ambiguity ~chu.

Mature

Hyouka - 5
Something still remains unresolved in the case with the Hyouka anthology and Sekitani Jun thanks to a nebulous hint from Oreki's sister. After discovering that a teacher working at the school was connected to the events, the classics club sit down and discover the truth for themselves.

Once again, the star of the show is the incredibly evocative shots that figuratively explain the events the characters are speaking. The "resolution" as it were, was pretty straight forward and not especially compelling, but because of Chitanda's emotional connection to the events and the way the scenes conveyed them, it felt like a very climactic finale to this arc.

Aldnoah Zero 18

Pretty good episode, actually. The twists at the end should lead to some ridiculously bad drama though!

That flower symbolism is so hamfisted I could feel my face being beaten it

SHONEN HOLLYWOOD -HOLLY STAGE FOR 50- Episode 19 Migratory Bird Cop Special ~Police Academy on the Shore Side Story~

This Yuu Naraki special is pretty ood. Tomii's acting is so good and I love how hes kind of perfect for the role. Its pretty entertaining to see him watch himself as well as the other members of Shonen Hollywood.

pgtl_10

Samurai 7

I appreciate that the good guy in the show does not always get the girl. Stories from both Eastern and Western literature often show that the guy who loves the girl getting the girl. Samurai 7 breaks that mode and is more realistic.

In real life you like a girl all you want and get rejected. It has happen to me before. Learning from rejection is really characteristic that if often. I wish more stories would be honest about how relationships work rather shoehorn a cliché love story.

Jex

Death Parade - 1

Counting the missing subs as well, I'd imagine that if you wrote down what you thought that was about before watching ep 2 you'd have missed/got wrong some details of the plot.

Jex

Hyouka - 5

Something still remains unresolved in the case with the Hyouka anthology and Sekitani Jun thanks to a nebulous hint from Oreki's sister. After discovering that a teacher working at the school was connected to the events, the classics club sit down and discover the truth for themselves.

Once again, the star of the show is the incredibly evocative shots that figuratively explain the events the characters are speaking. The "resolution" as it were, was pretty straight forward and not especially compelling, but because of Chitanda's emotional connection to the events and the way the scenes conveyed them, it felt like a very climactic finale to this arc.

One thing I notice scrolling through the page is that all the screenshots from Hyouka look like they are from a movie. Truly, a level of quality so great that even KyoAni cannot replicate it.

I wouldn't think so. They've gotten other Aniplex shows before. Maybe they're not interested.

Not cost, but content. Most of F/Z is composed of dialogue scenes and those shows don't do well in the ratings for Toonami. Given their problems already, including F/Z would be a stupid waste of money to backfire immediately with the hour-long first episode.

How has Toonami not gotten something like Fate/Zero? Is the licensing cost through the roof?

Never mind Fate/Zero (though that would be awesome), how has Toonami not gotten Madoka Magica?

Seriously, the movies are getting dubbed too, so with all this attention it's getting in the west why hasn't Toonami gotten it?

TTGL reactions are great, but oh man their reactions to Madoka would be gold.

Crocodile

How has Toonami not gotten something like Fate/Zero? Is the licensing cost through the roof?

A) Every month (other month), Toonami reveals which shows have been highly requested by their fanbase. As you might have guessed, SAO II (and KLK) were heavily requested.

B)
I'm sure it's also a function of what Aniplex wants to push. For them, it probably make more financial sense/has a higher return to try to push for SAO II over Fate/Zero. Please be excited for Fate/Stay Night UBW on Toonami in 2016 :p

C) First episode of Fate/Zero is a pretty big boner killer, that might make someone on the exec chain a bit nervous? Also the show has a lot of episodes that are "talking heads" the episode which might also be a concern.

Jarmel

Banned
Never mind Fate/Zero (though that would be awesome), how has Toonami not gotten Madoka Magica?

Seriously, the movies are getting dubbed too, so with all this attention it's getting in the west why hasn't Toonami gotten it?

TTGL reactions are great, but oh man their reactions to Madoka would be gold.

I imagine Madoka is probably just ungodly expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom