• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
71d297f2e4.jpg

CLEARLY heads and shoulders above the rest. (Those knee garterbelt thingamajigs are pretty dumb though)
She even goes pantsless, good for the Strike Witches fans too!

The teacher is good too.

71d297f2e4.jpg

CLEARLY heads and shoulders above the rest. (Those knee garterbelt thingamajigs are pretty dumb though)
She even goes pantsless, good for the Strike Witches fans too!

The teacher is good too.

ffSstz8.png

Excel Saga 19

NOOOO PEDRO

NOOO RICH GIRL WHO WAS RELATED TO THE DOGS WHO DIED

"Two bitches at once" HA!

D-Gray Man Episode 86-90 Spoilers!!!!!!!!

Boy were Lavi's battle against Road and Allen's battle against Tsukki fantastic. Had me hoping out of my chair because of pure excitement.

qtkSZPc.jpg

Lavi's fight with Road was really great. It helped delve deep into his character and his role as Bookman. Seeing him face his own reality and that he shouldn't carry any feelings of friendship. That as a Bookman he should move forward while taking notes on history as it occurrs. The struggle Lavi went through as he cut down all his friends in his mind was really powerful.

bQeWrkG.jpg

Yo this is the moment I've been waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen many swords summoned in different ways, but seeing a sword summoned out of a person's arm NO! That was fuckin amazing, shit got me sooo hyped. Fuck just seeing Tsukki's reaction was spectacular. And seeing even Lenalee's and Road's reactions was awesome.Though the sword also resembles a lot like Millennium Earl's sword which is a bit mysterious. Anyways seeing my boy Allen suck out all of the Noah's power from Tsukki with his sword without killing him was nice. At least now Tsukki can enjoy his Human life.

Then we end up seeing Road snap due to losing her family and we end up having a battle between Lavi and Allen. And fuck, Road ends up disintegrated while calling out Allen's name. I really did love her character and her obsession with Allen :(

bBpbSpc.jpg

This is what I freakin live for, heck yes!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing Allen and Lenalee moments are sooooo enjoyable. Sweet Jesus was it great. Aside from that great moment we end up having Choaji getting angry because Allen wants to save Tsukki, while dissing him. And Allen ends up saving his ass from huge tentacles. Fuckin Choaji seriously man. Then we have this bastard show up......

Qu8pSjZ.jpg

A overpowered Tsukki. This transformation of Tsukki just starts wiping the floor with Lavi and Allen like it's nobody's business. We also have Choaji gain an Innocence ability.

Absolute Duo - 01

Hmm.. well it started interesting with the ultimatum. Oh god MC is named Thor (Tooru?), how dare you smut my ancestors god, ja ja. And stare-chan is Scandinavian ja ja.
Worst part is that (most likely) best girl left halfway through the episode. A quote from the.. young principal reflects my current beginning of season watching;
"It is a struggle for survival based on one simple rule, defeat others to stay alive." Which means I probably won't be watching this for long.
Stare-chan and hyper maid-bunny-professor 'Bunbun' in action.

One day, he is captivated by a girl he encounters while walking down a hill adorned with beautiful cherry blossom petals. Unable to take his mind off of this girl, Tomoya decides that he will develop his original dating simulation game with this girl as the model for the heroine!

Huh.
Sounds like Shirobako ( ≖‿≖)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei Nine Schools Competition 1 - 8

Praise Onii-sama he's so cool! Everything he touches turns to gold. I notice the discrimination that he does not help any of the boys though. But now he has been forced to join the competition.

I don't know guys, he's Superman Jesus but frankly I don't see any way he could beat the Crimson Prince and...George...

Impossible, I'm looking forward to this loss as a big turning point in Onii-sama's character development. I continue on.

Narag

Praise Onii-sama he's so cool! Everything he touches turns to gold. I notice the discrimination that he does not help any of the boys though. But now he has been forced to join the competition.

I don't know guys, he's Superman Jesus but frankly I don't see any way he could beat the Crimson Prince and...George...

Impossible, I'm looking forward to this loss as a big turning point in Onii-sama's character development. I continue on.

qoMsUh7.png

You watchin' the wrong show.

~wan

jbug617

Banned
Is Tokyo Ravens good?

Onii-sama is life. You done good cat.

Excel Saga 21

Because fuck giving me recaps. Even if it was pedro's story

There was a lot of visual imagry revolving around stroking and weaving, but that was probably the only thing that stood hard rather long

Syrinx

How does one develop when they are already perfect?

Is Tokyo Ravens good?

Very enjoyable ..

Problem is that the opening arc isn't the best the show can offer ( even if it does introduce us several plots that were needed for the rest of the show )
and some episodes are only average.

But aside from that it's enjoyable.

Kon best shikigami

Crocodile

Has Crunchyroll confirmed they are streaming the next season of Jojo's? It's only a few days away.

Rolling Girls PV 3

Featuring crazy cartoon faces:

and fabulous backgrounds:

I continue to have no idea what this show is about but the visuals and animation continue to impress. Just the sort of cartoony influx anime could use more of. Plus I think I saw an ORAORAORAORAORA in there too :) Plz don't suck :/

Taruranto

Now and Then, Here and There Full Series

hello-darkness-gob-gif-wall-1.gif

Personaly, I felt like the writers had a message they reeaaaally wanted to deliver, so they built everything around that message. As a result the story really comes out as artificious and forced. There isn't really a natural flow of the events.

It was like "THIS MUST HAPPEN, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT MAKES SENSE OR NOT, BUT IT REALLY DRIVES THE POINT HOME!".

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yuri Kuma Arashi

Before I even get into it, I found it hilarious that I immediately recognized the Silver Link backgrounds. It felt like they were ripped out of an Oonuma show and it makes me wonder if they are using the same people or just have the same catalog of objects that they use to make backgrounds over at the studio.

As for the show itself, this is really a thing that defies the recap, episode by episode review culture that exists for most television since it felt like nothing really happened in those 20 minutes. I recently watched Unbroken and it pained me because it was the dullest movie that I've seen in ages (and making a movie about torture boring is a special kind of skill) so at the very least the anime manages to surpass that really low bar.

But I know Penguindrum went nowhere, and right now, other than a lot of repeating motifs, I just don't know what this show is even supposed to be about. Penguindrum had the "benefit" of light novel adaptations to explain things, and maybe this show does too, but I shouldn't have to do homework to try to make sense of what is presumably the primary text of the franchise. I'm sure someone will say that show will reveal itself slowly, and this is just the world-building premise pilot. But for all I know about this world about magic bears who eat human beings, I actually have no idea who any of these characters are. Or hell, why this show isn't about pretty boys sucking each other's "stems" instead of moe girls licking each other's "stamens".

I'll admit some kind of bias here, since I was willing to sit through the dense Japanese mythology that informed a show like Sasami-san, but maybe I just still feel burned by Penguindrum to the point where I feel I still need to be suspicious about the nature of the show.

Onii-sama over comes all, do not doubt him.

Absolute duo - 01

>Well the anime get a nice praise with the "meeting at the opening ceremony" scene that was followed with a sudden twist .. I like the idea that "she" is totally gone..

However , as soon as this event is done the show fall down in some classic generic setup that would be quite at ease within a Light novel.

NOt much to say , here , the her is an irregular , the perfect escuse to explain the sudden power-up and he even has some moves that are too dangerous for normal students.
The heroine is some kuu-dere white haire loli from scandinavia , nothing else need to be said

A 5/10 , the best this show could do is to not be bad..

javac

I really like this cover, not what I was expecting :)

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
Format: Blu-ray/DVD
Release Date: 17th February 2015

DETAILS
  • Original Japanaese language (Blu-ray: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, DVD: Dolby Digital 5.1)
  • English dub (Blu-ray: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, DVD: Dolby Digital 5.1)
  • French dub (Blu-ray: DTS 5.1, DVD: Dolby Digital 5.1)

aW2jbpV.jpg

oaoq1Dt.jpg

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Announcement of the Completion of the Film
  • Japanese Trailers and TV Spots
  • US Trailers
  • Isao Takahata and His Tale of The Princess Kaguya (DVD only)

Amazon Link: $24.99

wonzo

Banned
Ronja 14

Leave it to Polygon Pictures to do better CG horses in the few scenes they pop up in than Kingdom in which they're pretty much everywhere.

Excel Saga 22

We just had a Gundam and Yamato 2199 referene. How awesome is that?

And there was a point to the Puchuus!

I seriously hope Pedro doesn't get fucked over in the end.

sonicmj1

Yuri Kuma Arashi

But I know Penguindrum went nowhere, and right now, other than a lot of repeating motifs, I just don't know what this show is even supposed to be about. Penguindrum had the "benefit" of light novel adaptations to explain things, and maybe this show does too, but I shouldn't have to do homework to try to make sense of what is presumably the primary text of the franchise.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't think Penguindrum went nowhere. It was built around themes of family and fate, love and sacrifice, and those themes were developed from the beginning of the show to its end. It's not a smooth development, but it had purpose and intent to what it was doing. I find it tough to argue with the writeup that Jexhius linked to earlier in the thread about it.

After Penguindrum and Utena, I have a lot of faith in Ikuhara's ability to link the symbolic to the characters in his stories. I doubt it'll all reveal itself easily, but neither show required the viewer to look beyond the works and the cultural context they were produced in to understand the key points.

There's not a lot to go on yet, but I'm curious to learn more about Kureha. Just from this episode, it's easy to see how scared she is of losing those she loves, and how tightly she clings to them.

duckroll

I like the artwork and general layout of that Kaguya cover, but I hate the dark blue color choice. After all, the main color I would associate with the film is white.

javac

Perfectly sums up the theme of Kaguya's entrapment that the movie primarily deals with though.

I still haven't seen the film yet unfortunately, but I have been eagerly awaiting it since it was announced. Love the Takahata films. Only Yesterday is probably my favorite Ghibli film, with the only one coming close for me is Whisper of the Heart. I've heard the last act (and the movie in general) is breathtaking animation wise, really can't wait :)

Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! 01

They transform by yelling Love Making, fight using their Love Sticks, and their finishing attack is Love Shower. This is literally everything I never knew I wanted from a mahou shounen.

Still more subtle than Yuri Kuma.

Excel Saga 23

FotNS reference ahoy

Oh boy, everything is coming together. The Man is working with Illpalazzo.

And then it ended like that. WELL

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can only speak for myself, but I don't think Penguindrum went nowhere. It was built around themes of family and fate, love and sacrifice, and those themes were developed from the beginning of the show to its end. It's not a smooth development, but it had purpose and intent to what it was doing. I find it tough to argue with the writeup that Jexhius linked to earlier in the thread about it.

After Penguindrum and Utena, I have a lot of faith in Ikuhara's ability to link the symbolic to the characters in his stories. I doubt it'll all reveal itself easily, but neither show required the viewer to look beyond the works and the cultural context they were produced in to understand the key points.

There's not a lot to go on yet, but I'm curious to learn more about Kureha. Just from this episode, it's easy to see how scared she is of losing those she loves, and how tightly she clings to them.

I guess for me, those ideas were present in Penguindrum, but presented in a manner that was at times incoherent. I don't know how much of Utena makes sense because I've basically read about it before hand or if it's just a better constructed series.
And of course I know I say that having not finished the last 13 or so episodes, but what I watched was way more together than Penguindrum ever dreamed of being.

I guess for me, those ideas were present in Penguindrum, but presented in a manner that was at times incoherent. I don't know how much of Utena makes sense because I've basically read about it before hand or if it's just a better constructed series.
And of course I know I say that having not finished the last 13 or so episodes, but what I watched was way more together than Penguindrum ever dreamed of being.

Utena's structure gives it a coherence that Penguindrum sorely lacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom