• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring Watchlist

Def Watch
Denpa Kyoushi
Digimon Adventure tri. (please don't fuck it up Toei...)
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?
Gintama°
Kekkai Sensen
Nisekoi 2 (I'm a masochist or something since I know what hell this season will bring)
Ore Monogatari!!
Shokugeki no Souma
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku

Might Watch
Arslan Senki
Hibike! Euphonium
Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu
Owari no Seraph
Show By Rock!!
Yamadakun to Nananin no Majo

Jarmel

Banned
I don't understand how the link is supposed to be a spoiler, but alright I'll remove it.

Oh this is a miscommunication issue.

If you have the webm plugin for Neogaf, webms can/usually play automatically. It's not like gifs where if you link them, the person doesn't see the gif unless they click on the link. It's something to be aware of when you post webms is that it kinda works like embedding a video.

Oh this is a miscommunication issue.

If you have the webm plugin for Neogaf, webms can/usually play automatically. It's not like gifs where if you link them, the person doesn't see the gif unless they click on the link. It's something to be aware of when you post webms is that it kinda works like embedding a video.

Well that sucks. I guess a redirecting link would work? Can you see this?

Busaiku

Durarara!! x 2 English dub will premiere on March 10.
It'll be up on Crunchyroll, Hulu, and Aniplex Channel every Tuesday.

Was waiting for this.

Kari Wahlgren as Celty Sturluson
Darrel Guilbeau as Mikado Ryugamine
Bryce Papenbrook as Masaomi Kida
Michelle Ruff as Anri Sonohara
Johnny Yong Bosch as Izaya Orihara
Crispin Freeman as Shizuo Heiwajima
Yuri Lowenthal as Shinra Kishitani
Steve Blum as Kyohei Kadota
Brian Beacock asWalker Yumasaki
Mela Lee as Erika Karisawa
Spike Spencer as Saburo Togusa
Kyle McCarley as Aoba Kuronuma
Bridget Hoffman as Kururi Orihara
G.K. Bowes as Mairu Orihara
Vic Mignogna as Kasuka Heiwajima
Doug Stone as Shingen Kishitani
David Earnest as Seiji Yagiri
Bridget Hoffman as Namie Yagiri
Cassandra Lee Morris as Saki Mikajima
Keith Silverstein as Tom Tanaka
Dan Woren as Haruya Shiki
Christopher Smith as Kinnosuke Kuzuhara
Patrick Seitz as Simon Brezhnev
Doug Erholtz as Max Sandshelt
Lex Lang as Egor

besada

Banned
Anyone know what this is from?
asZKsI6.jpg

Noir
This show was pretty bad. The two main characters are horrible assassins. Unlike the intro indicates, they rarely do flashy action, nor do they take their targets out stealthily like good assassins. Instead, most of the time they walk straight ahead firing a gun. Everyone else is pretty much incompetent at shooting a gun. The plot isn't good either. it basically revolves an Illuminati-like group with a major fanatic faction who believes Noir will bring humanity into a new better age by killing everyone basically. So they keep sending troops and hitmen after them to test them. The whole thing is over convoluted. Then there's the mystery about the main girl who has amnesia,
who turns out to be one of the actual members of Noir
and the other main girl, whose parents were killed
by Noir, who was a child a time, because this girl was another candidate for Noir
. The problem is that to reiterate this point, they replay the same damn flashback nearly every episode. Early episodes also had a lot of scene reuse. The soundtrack is kind of small and not that good especially that one song that goes Da Da Da in "suspenseful" scenes.

Stardust Crusaders 33

That ending smack down was truly glorious, we haven't had enough ORAORAORAORAORA beat downs this season felt so good to see it again.

Jarmel

Banned
The more I contemplate the latest episode of Death Parade, the more I start to dislike it. That's not to say that it's a fantastic episode from a direction standpoint but the writing...

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 33

Y'know my one disappointment about this fight is Alessi never de ages Joseph back into his Part 2 form which would be a powerup, for Joseph then to beat him and turn back to normal, which is the perfect set up for a "Yeah whatever grandpa" joke

Maria 08

This show is pretty cool with the medieval setting from a Japanese author, it's pretty authentic.

That ending though, was it implying Galfa would rape Maria so she would lose her powers? That's pretty fucked up.

Jarmel

Banned

Y'know my one disappointment about this fight is Alessi never de ages Joseph back into his Part 2 form which would be a powerup, for Joseph then to beat him and turn back to normal, which is the perfect set up for a "Yeah whatever grandpa" joke.

That would have been amazing.

FluxWaveZ

Y'know my one disappointment about this fight is Alessi never de ages Joseph back into his Part 2 form which would be a powerup, for Joseph then to beat him and turn back to normal, which is the perfect set up for a "Yeah whatever grandpa" joke

Holy shit. This would have been one of the best scenes in part 3.

Narag

god damn it

rrvv

Fun fact

Old Japanese cannot distinguished manga and anime. Everything seem manga to them. Even Ghibli movie

Blusby

The more I contemplate the latest episode of Death Parade, the more I start to dislike it. That's not to say that it's a fantastic episode from a direction standpoint but the writing...

If you think of the show as a comedy it all works out.

Crocodile

Y'know my one disappointment about this fight is Alessi never de ages Joseph back into his Part 2 form which would be a powerup, for Joseph then to beat him and turn back to normal, which is the perfect set up for a "Yeah whatever grandpa" joke.

When some of my only exposure to Part III was the old Capcom Stardust Crusaders fighting game, that was what I assumed happened in the actual manga. Reality is a harsh mistress. I guess Araki was afraid that if he let Joesph be awesome too many times the space-time continuum would rip. Or he's an jerk who won't give us nice things :(

Cinderella Girls 08

Fun episode. Cute Ranko. Producer trying to be casual is hilariously awkward, and it was funny seeing him pull out his chuuni-to-japanese notebook when talking to Ranko.

ibyea

Banned
Death Parade 8-9
Wow, this was a fantastic story. The people being judged are a detective and a young man working to provide for his sister.
The episodes show how easily people can go over the edge, in both cases over grief. Boy were they very different people at the beginning. They probably never imagined they could do something like that. Especially the boy who in the end tortured the detective man for not helping his sister when he could have due to his twisted sense of right and wrong.

The second point of the episode was, well, about the point of the judgment. It seems Decim took her words to heart, as he seemed to be questioning himself at the moment after he gave the young man the tools to torture.

Gundam: Reconguista in G 23:
That next episode preview better be a misdirection. You hear me, Tomino?

I'm not sure what wasn't to love about this episode. It had everything, between crazy physical comedy happening in the background of ostensibly serious moments, plot developments, a great fight, and a really raw moment for Bellri.
I really didn't think he was ever going to be going there, but the way he flipped out was executed well, and the scene had me on edge quite a bit.
Also some random nudity for no reason.

Oh, and the greatest painting in human history.

B_dRsJUUIAAAZSy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom