• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She'll voice the baby boar or something, meaning they all technically worked on the show.

Ugh I hope that doesnt happen. She needs a proper role!

But I also think that its great that no asses were pulled and Zuka didnt magically get a great role. Keeps things sorta realistic. It really is tough out there :(

Death Parade episode 9 was 10/10 material. This is especially true after the EXCELLENT episode 8 that in itself turned many rules upside down...

The thing is i'm pretty sure we haven't reached the "sh*t just hit the fan" moment.

1Fmyg4K.jpg
4LdBk5x.jpg

8neOKd1.jpg
4yPkLwp.jpg

So I'm just going to assume for now that Carol and Gustav are the narrators of the story.

Which is entirely fine by me if it means I can hear Wakamoto's voice in every episode.

Firo, Luck, and the Kid are immortal.

I'd say I'm confidant about that after seeing them recover from a shootout and a point blank headshot.

Basically saying I can take a somewhat non realistic approach just like with its successor Durarara!!

Luck and his family are in a mafia war with another group sort of lead by a guy who sounds like Mr. Satan/Hercule.

Meaning any chance of taking him seriously was just thrown out immediately.

And some other stuff/people that I should probably remember that will be expanded upon in the upcoming episodes.

Mostly interested in the guy in white who seems like a yandere and the couple that reminds me of Erika/Walker (Or is that supposed to be the other way around).

Flying Pussyfoot is a silly name by the way.

Though at least its not as bad as someone named Jacuzzi.

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventures Stardust Crusaders 33

Egypt continuing to deliver. It was fun to watch Alessi go from jerkass to someone actually menacing when it was finally just him and Polnareff.
Turning the woman into a fetus gave the episode a body horror element to it I certainly didn't expect as well

So I'm just going to assume for now that Carol and Gustav are the narrators of the story.

Which is entirely fine by me if it means I can hear Wakamoto's voice in every episode.

Firo, Luck, and the Kid are immortal.

I'd say I'm confidant about that after seeing them recover from a shootout and a point blank headshot.

Basically saying I can take a somewhat non realistic approach just like with its successor Durarara!!

Luck and his family are in a mafia war with another group sort of lead by a guy who sounds like Mr. Satan/Hercule.

Meaning any chance of taking him seriously was just thrown out immediately.

And some other stuff/people that I should probably remember that will be expanded upon in the upcoming episodes.

Mostly interested in the guy in white who seems like a yandere and the couple that reminds me of Erika/Walker (Or is that supposed to be the other way around).

Flying Pussyfoot is a silly name by the way.

Though at least its not as bad as someone named Jacuzzi.

Wait, are you watching this subbed?

Dude, the dub is where it's at for Baccano!.

You gotta hear those accents, man.

Tokyo Ghoul Root A 8

Yoshimura is one based character. His backstory in the manga made me feel real fuckin bad for him and the anime made it sad as well. I find it interesting how they fully revealed Ukina's face considering it wasn't shown in the manga. It was nice seeing more of the Anteiku folks seeing as it's not gonna end well. It was also nice seeing that Touka's dream is to have her own coffee shop which you could say is foreshadowing something.

Man do I love seeing more of Irimi and Koma, such great characters. Great episode.

5jkAMqw.jpg

Damn Itori your looking fine there.

God do I love Ishida's ending art and this set was really good. The way each picture expresses some sort of emotion is so good, it feels as if it's telling a story.

Holy fuck I just realized the ending art contained a reference of Helter Skelter by the Beatles that says I've got blisters on my fingers. And Helter Skelter is the name of Itori's bar, man that detail.

Midonin

PriPara 35

"I'm glad I lost."

And Gloria now has a video projector baked into her vacuum, and it appears to retain brief signs of sentience from its trips into the PriPara world. What have the gods brought into our world? That's a question I could also ask of tonight's Fairy Tail, but this "I've taught the toaster to feel love" angle has much more potential. I like Solami Dressing's new song, and seeing them able to effectively one-up a homunculus that was copying all their moves is one for the human spirit.

Should I mention where they did it? Meganee converted the top of the broadcast tower into a big-ass stage. It's not quite as extravagant as where the Rainbow Live finale took place, but it's pretty up there. And pretty, up there. I really hope that Paradise outfit can do something now that all six of them have won it. And while I'm usually one for aesthetics in the anime itself, I like how Dorothy and Leona's outfits for the final dance-off are opposite of their hair colors, in comparison to everyone else. Gotta go for that twin look.

But the end of the episode.
There may be a slight problem with your homunculus if the very thing that the city-state of idols is built around, and encourages, is also what causes her to malfunction. Breaking apart the ticket to give her half to Lala also shuts her down. I'm not going to say Unicorn's decision to keep her away from everyone else was the best one - even metaphysical beings need love - but that's a major flaw in the system. I'm blaming you Akai siblings, even if you don't know exactly what caused this. Negligent gods, you are.

All three of my dub attempts with Baccano! stalled out because Firo just reminds me of Yakko Warner.

Well I guess he does kinda sound like him.

SUB first, DUB immediately after.

Figured if I was going to rewind the episode, then I might as well hear it with different voices.

Fair enough. Baccano! is one of those shows that gets better with rewatches.

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere - 5

This makes no sense. You can't "sentence" someone to suicide! That makes it a murder, not a suicide!

In any case though, at least I'm understanding what's going on now. A little bit anyway.

Jex

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 33

Y'know my one disappointment about this fight is Alessi never de ages Joseph back into his Part 2 form which would be a powerup, for Joseph then to beat him and turn back to normal, which is the perfect set up for a "Yeah whatever grandpa" joke
God dammit that would have been amazing. Shiiit.

Jex

Death Parade 9

Show finally lived up to the promise I was hoping for. I'm so glad this got made. holy shit indeed

Death Parade episode 9 was 10/10 material. This is especially true after the EXCELLENT episode 8 that in itself turned many rules upside down...

The thing is i'm pretty sure we haven't reached the "sh*t just hit the fan" moment.

Yeah, you know it. What a crazy episode.

Dynedom

Death Parade - 09

This entire 2-parter was paced perfectly. Jesus. The transition from the end to the credits and even the post-credits. The build-up to that. I may have to go back and watch these 2 episodes again somewhere down the line.

Sometimes simple plot lines and characters, written well, are the best thing out there.

Masterful.

cajunator

Banned

Whaaaaaaat is this?!

Shirobako 21

The wonders of a career in making the jarring CG that annoys people who watch anime. At least she enjoys it.

Dont make fun of best girl's work!

Sold!

Pics of the UK Nadia set :)

Show: Nadia The Secret of Blue Water

Show: Gatchaman Crowds

good stuff. Does Gatchaman have the same issues as US release?

What about stuff like Memories, Neo-Tokyo, Robot Carnival and Genius Party? I'm loving the Anime Expo shorts myself, but I'm not sure if they're the best collection of anime short films just yet. It definitely has an advantage when it comes to the sheer amount of short films, though. Really, the more short film compilations we get, the better.

Weird. I wonder if they're going to start dealing in the UK themselves? More likely they'll sub-license it to other companies, though.

Anything by Studio 4c is great!
Noiseman sound insecr may have inspired Tweeny Witches too.

Death Parade - 9

This series just does a lot better when it's not trying to be so ... serious. Like really, the best moments I've had in this series have been when the show either takes the time to explore some of the 'behind the scenes' looks into the arbiters and their overarching system or where it takes its concept and just has fun with it (Death Twister still being my favorite episode thus far, Bowling a close second). But this? Blech. I'm reminded of Episode 1 where in its attempt to explore humanity who've been pushed to the edge just comes off as either trying too hard in the best of cases or just being patently ridiculous in the worst.
Why does a detective need to see a crime happen through its fruition in order to somehow justify his actions of murdering him? This person certainly didn't witness the murder of his wife in order to decide it would be perfectly justifiable to find the guy and take him out. And in this specific case the guy he was tracking had a long record of assaults against women, he could have just as easily found some of the surviving victims and interviewed them before deciding whether or not his actions in this case would be "justified" within his own plainly inconsistent code.

And the reaction Decim takes to this? A couple sentences from Ms. Defacto Protagonist somehow completely disarming him, a hand on his heart and a step backwards at the sheer FORCE of the words coming from her? Blech. Just unnecessarily melodramatic and in not fitting with everything we've seen of the character up until this point. That he would completely 180 due to her saying the things that, for as long as hes been an arbiter, should not be in anyway new news is just ... sigh. But in even Decim's actions this episode I feel like there's just something not quite consistent, recall in the first episode how Decim intentionally stops the husband from literally trying to murder his wife and then take a look at how far he goes in Episode 9 to "pull out the darkness of the human soul". If the actions during the game carry so much weight then how the hell did that dude end up going to heaven when all was said and done? Why didn't Decim see the inevitable conclusion of that guy's rage and insecurities and decide then and there whether or not sending him to reincarnate was a good idea? Why did he STOP him if pulling out the darkness of the human soul is the full intent of his job?
Just whatever.

wonzo

Banned
murata would make a much better animator than manga artist. wont happen with this tho

e: hope they animate it with ONE's superior artstyle as a reference

/XX/

Now that I think about it, what I really want is a Gundam series that stars his version of the RX-93. It's the best Gundam design in the franchise!
You know what I would have loved from him? A surprise unveiling of the long promised Uru in Blue pilot (supposed to be shown last year), featuring some of the designs he is envisioning for it (like the possible one he presented on Twitter). However, I also want them to salvage some of the old airship concepts from the semi-scrapped Blue URU Frozen Design Collection (蒼きウル 凍結資料集) featuring ones made by people like Masamune Shirow or Miyatake Kazuki... but, well, at least the now iconic 'The Windmill' one by Mr. Sadamoto was still present as key visual in the first illustration post-relaunch of the project.

I wonder if Mr. Anno & Co., would permit a good promotion of old GAiNAX like that for his sponsored omnibus (or if Mr. Yamaga & Co., would accept it)!

Oh, and the greatest painting in human history.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_dRsJUUIAAAZSy.png
Did they dress-up the muse in 'Te nave nave fenua'? How disrespectful... >:-(

/XX/

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 17:

Ah, yes a pattern is emerging is it not. Quite frankly I think the first anime had it right
when they got rid of the captured sailor scouts sub-plot but that is neither here nor there.
Anyway as per the title we actually get some character development for Makoto, a rarefied thing considering this is the same show that literally forgot she was part of the team at one point. Also, hello random love interest, your sudden prominence is jarring. Another thing I think the 1990s anime did better was integrating the cast among normal humans and doing everyday things but then again they had the space for it. Anyway, we learn that Makoto has a love of plants that would make Poison Ivy blush and that her parent died in a plane cash. This does open up all sorts of questions that I am sure I am not supposed to be asking, but the one I can't ignore is how is she able to get procure and afford to live in that apartment of hers? Anyway, pretty bog standard episode, I think I skimmed through this chapter of the manga.

fertygo

Death Parade - 9
[/n]
And the reaction Decim takes to this? A couple sentences from Ms. Defacto Protagonist somehow completely disarming him, a hand on his heart and a step backwards at the sheer FORCE of the words coming from her? Blech. Just unnecessarily melodramatic and in not fitting with everything we've seen of the character up until this point. That he would completely 180 due to her saying the things that, for as long as hes been an arbiter, should not be in anyway new news is just ... sigh. But in even Decim's actions this episode I feel like there's just something not quite consistent, recall in the first episode how Decim intentionally stops the husband from literally trying to murder his wife and then take a look at how far he goes in Episode 9 to "pull out the darkness of the human soul". If the actions during the game carry so much weight then how the hell did that dude end up going to heaven when all was said and done? Why didn't Decim see the inevitable conclusion of that guy's rage and insecurities and decide then and there whether or not sending him to reincarnate was a good idea? Why did he STOP him if pulling out the darkness of the human soul is the full intent of his job?
Just whatever.

He already seen enough in the husband-wife case

Decim also push the very limit with sugar mommy in eps 4, in fact including the OVA Decim not minding the contestant beating the shit of other till he seen enough in all of his judgement process

Let see.

At OVA eps, Decim watching the kung-fu grandpa beating the shit of other people
At eps 1. he letting the husband choke the wife by fair amount before stopping him
At eps 4, he doesn't stop sugar mom giving other contestant massive beating to head

I fail to see how the inconsistency on him want to see how much his subject indulge in violence, its what he always does.

That's the moral that the psycho detective try to push to him, he just like him he judging for the sake of judging, pushing people to deep end is wrong method according to the assistant girl, because judging if they would "snapping" with keep pushing subject to the darkness in the process isn't proper way to judge they actually void material or not, they might broke and became one due to the cruel process itself. So Decim make them instead seeing the true of them. like he always believe.

Garo 21

Despite the knights being protectors of humanity Garm's words and plan continue to suggest one who despite tasked with saving people, is very much willing to ignore the suffering of kingdom of people if it furthers their goals. Course she's never been much of a trustworthy entity anyway. This episode goes to show this sort of plan is directly at odds with what Germán has instilled into Leon his entire life and the battle between father and son goes onto reinforce that. Story also seems to be setting up Germán to be some sort of sacrificial double agent and I'm hoping against hope that isn't the case here, but all rroads point to yes after what he saw at the end of the episode.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizon Season 2, Episode 22:

Well then, after a somewhat tepid arc that I hope you were still paying attention to we just another one of those patented holy shit episodes.
The mystery behind Roe 2 has been explained and it is deeply tied to that of the Genius Monsters as it turns out they are from the mysterious faction of aliens who created this new version of Elder Tale. The Navigators. They are split into the Harvesters that seek pheatons, which are some sort of power source needed by these creatures and I am betting they are the fragments of the memories of adventurers. The other faction is the Observers and Roe 2 just dropped the mother of all supergoals on our heroes. Make contact with the moon, meet the Observer Clan and they will gain aid. Excuse me, I need to go hit SAO and scream into its face about how this is how escaping an MMO world is done. Still, even before they can reach the Moon, they have some deep shit to deal with. Not only are the Genius Monsters infiltrating the city, but they have restless Adventurers who are going insane and a looming war with the People of the Land under the direction of Plant Hwyaden. Okay, there just has to be more to this equation then just a Maglev because I do not care what sort of advances in technology they have made, that alone is not enough to wage war against what is for all intensive purposes the physical gods of this domain. There has to be a trick, a weapon, a spell, a something that is giving the likes of Trudy the supposed edge here or they just have a death wish.

Jarmel

Banned
After War Gundam X-
So this is a Gundam series that not many people know even exists. It's a 39 episode TV series that aired back in 1996 and holds the dishonor of being the only other Gundam TV series cancelled mid-broadcast along with the original Gundam show(hence the 39 episode count). To put that into perspective, not even Gundam Age holds that honor despite being a disaster for Sunrise. I would say more people are familiar with the show now though due to Mao using a customized GX-9900 in Gundam Build Fighters.
Anyway the director is Shinji Takamatsu, who had helped direct Gundam Wing the previous year, and this would be the last Gundam series he has worked on to date. The same is true of Hiroyuki Kawasaki, the scriptwriter (Ronja the Robber's Daughter). While this is pure conjecture on my part, I wouldn't be surprised if they were both psuedo-blacklisted from touching another Gundam series. This is due to some unique decisions on the part of the direction and scriptwriting that are almost hostile to some of the more basic concepts in the Gundam franchise. There were multiple times when watching the series that I thought Kawasaki hated the franchise. It's a really distinctive work inside the Gundam franchise and yet it's boring. When it's all said and done, I was bored for a good chunk of the run for a number of reasons. This is kinda amazing in its own way as the setting had the potential to be pretty intriguing as it's a "What If?" type of story taking place if Char's insane plan in Char's Counterattack had worked and the Earth was a dirtbowl.
I should start with the characters as they are the crux for any work. In the above image, on the left is a scrap of paper and the right is about as interesting as a brick wall. I kid but not by much. Tiffa, the female lead, is a 'Newtype' and she's an awful lead. She is clearly modeled in the Rei (Evangelion) type of female, a kuudere, but she just doesn't have that much depth to her. She definitely does display growth and more emotion as the show develops but it's just too slow and not enough. She's treated as more of a plot device than an actual character in her own right. Her two primary character traits are that she's a Newtype and that she loves Garrod, the male lead. That's it. When someone at the end of the show asks Tiffa what she plans to do after the war and she responds, "I want to stay by Garrod". Garrod at least has an answer with some level of depth to it. Now that's not to say that Garrod is much better as he becomes more boring as the show progresses. The show introduces Garrod as literally jacking a robber out of his mobile suit while Garrod is on foot. It's an impressive display of intelligence and skill that utilizes his background as a mechanic, something that is never really utilized in an interesting degree other than in the opening episodes. In a series that has Newtypes, it's extremely if not unprecedented that the main character himself is not a Newtype. Garrod is a regular human that sometimes has to go up against Newtypes. Now in theory this should provide interesting scenarios in which the main character is the underdog surrounded by essentially psychics but the show doesn't really do much with it. One aspect of Garrod's personality I did like was the scoundrel component in that he does stuff that is really out of the norm in these types of shows. At one point for example he tries to sell his Gundam off and another is that he lies in a hostage situation. One component about his personality that didn't really make sense was his weird insistence on not firing the Satellite Cannon mainly because he was inconsistent when he would actually fire it, leading to points in the story where I was wondering whether the scriptwriters had forgot that the Gundam X had the Cannon in the first place. He shows a desire to not kill people but then at other points has no qualms whatsoever with killing. We then have his puppy dog love of Tiffa which is just love at first sight and never develops in a notable fashion. Now a mecha pilot falling in love with a female is nothing new to the genre but the problem is that their chemistry is so utterly flat together.
iZAuHjeAGZACS.jpg

Allenby Mk.2
This became really apparent in the space arc where nu-Allenby gets a significant amount of time alone with Garrod and their interactions are more interesting than the previous 30 episodes of Garrod and Tiffa pining for each other. Weirdly enough, I found the side characters to have much more depth to them than the two leads. Jamil Neate, the captain of the Freeden (the White Base in this show) for example is a former ace pilot of the war and is partially responsible for the state of the Earth being a shithole. He's trying to find a new purpose in his life by protecting Newtypes as a sort of atonement for his actions in the previous war and also to prevent Newtypes from being used as tools in the Federation in the upcoming one.
Surprisingly, some of the sidecharacters had pretty well fleshed out character arcs such as Ennil El. Ennil tries to seduce Garrod, which I guess would have been statutory rape if Garrod had done the deed, and after he rejects her, she stalks him for half the series in a yandere fashion. She apparently has nothing better to do but stalk a boy who rejected her for seemingly months on end in order to murder him. Anyway she befriends another character on the ship, Tonya, and develops a sort of touching relationship with her.
It's pretty out of the blue but it ends up defining both characters in a weird fashion as they're both lonely and want someone to connect to. I thought the show might have the balls to go the route of the two being in love with each other but of course that wasn't the case. The show also did a pretty decent job of characterizing Witz and Roybea outside of their cockpits.
So the main villains in the show are a pair of telepathic brothers called the Frost Brothers. Yea, I know. They're a pair of cockroaches that should have been midrange bosses at best but somehow get to the final round through pure hatred, cunning, and a complete lack of morals. What makes them standout compared to other Gundam villains such as say Char in Char's Counterattack is that unlike many other antagonists that might have lofty ideals, they just want to kill everybody to get to the top of the totem pole and then burn the pole. They
literally kill all of their superiors in the show
and kill countless people tangibly associated with their beef of Newtypes. The Frost Brothers's hatred of Newtypes felt pretty weak as it's a case of telling and not showing. The show never really establishes the discrimination the Frost Brothers dealt with and so when they go on these insane rants, I felt nothing emotionally. The show also overuses them to the point that them jobbing against Garrod is largely expected and so I never really viewed them as intimidating but again as a pair of midrange bosses. That said, I will give them points for how easily and efficiently they use pretty much everybody. There are also some New Federation nutjobs such as Mr. Bloodman (with a name like that, you know he's a villain) and Space Rebellion/Zeon minor antagonists.

Settings-wise, this is probably the darkest Gundam to exist. It takes place 15 years after a war between the Federation and not-Zeon and the war ended with not-Zeon doing a mass colony drop killing 99% of human life on the planet and causing the planet to undergo nuclear winter for 7 years.

I'm actually surprised the population count was even high enough to be near 100 million. The show largely takes place on Earth and most of the planet is either now a tundra, desert, or ocean. It's fairly depressing and it highlights the consequences of these absurd colony drops that the UC loves to do. South America is just riddled with holes. I remember reading that one of the complaints about the show was that it spends almost its entire run on Earth and some viewers hated that aspect of the show as they missed the spacefaring component of Gundam. While I certainly understand that complaint, I disagree with it as the time spent on the planet really emphasized the damage done in the previous war. Anyway the narrative is fairly straightforward in that it progresses from Jamil trying to collect Newtypes to stopping the Federation and Space Rebellion from starting World War 4. Something fairly notable is that the Freeden crew fail for a good chunk of the arcs. The Fort Severn arc ends with the town pretty much obliterated and the Estard arc ends with
the country being absorbed into the New Federation
ibhxSZ1At6Kdy4.jpg

You lying cunt.
The show is riddled with backstabs. They're not even the interesting "Oh I didn't see that coming" type of backstabs but rather the "Why the hell did you trust them or even let them live?" type of backstabs. It's really infuriating at times in that characters act remarkably stupid or naive. For a show with such a grim setting, the characters really don't act appropriate to their supposed backgrounds in favor of being tree hugging hippies, at the most inconvenient of times, in an active war zone.
ibl9imjxNsxYaT.jpg

i5om283JBpr6S.jpg

You have a show that contains both dolphins diverting missiles through the power of their ESP and main characters being lined up over a public ditch ready to be shot in the back of their head. It's an issue of tone consistency.
Some of the arcs are just boring though such as the dolphin arc and the Estard arc. Both drag on for way too long with little in the way of payoff. Both of those arcs drag on for far too long and don't really provide much worldbuilding or character work to justify their length. It became apparent near the end that both of those arcs needed to be truncated and the space arc expanded, which was apparently rushed due to impending cancellation.
iiM6JANvOWI2K.jpg

Beating Chris to dolphin sex almost half a decade early!
Now earlier I mentioned that I wouldn't be surprised if the writer was blacklisted from writing another Gundam series and it's due to the portrayal of Newtypes throughout the show. So there are a total of 7 Newtypes throughout the entire cour. Two of whom somehow lost their powers,
one is in a tube at the bottom of the ocean and later dies, some old dude that gets iced in the same episode as his introduction, one is turned into a computer
, Tiffa, and a dolphin. Yes you read that last one correctly. A dolphin is a Newtype. It's fairly apparent too with the final conversation in/at D.O.M.E. that the writer has a hatred for the Newtype concept and wanking that the UC does with the notion. D.O.M.E. pretty clearly lays out that
the Newtype stuff is just a bunch of random mutants and that they aren't the next step in human evolution but just a random genetic dead end
. It's shitting on the Federation and Zeon love of Newtypes in the UC. The fact that the Frost Brothers who make it their goal in life to kill every single Newtype
end up miraculously surviving in the end
makes it clear where the writer stands on the topic. Even Tiffa mentions at the end of the show that she never viewed herself as a Newtype. The only way the writer could have made it any clearer about his disdain for the UC is if he filmed a live action video of him laughing to the end of Char's Counterattack and put that at the end of episode 39.
iyhGtWMzH4Y3c.jpg

Funny, I got a different impression at the end of Unicorn.
The animation is for the most part bad and the music is pretty forgettable. There isn't much to elaborate on this except two notable exceptions. First the ED is Human Touch by Warren Wiebe. This is a ballad in English by an actual English composer, which is extremely rare in anime. I'm guessing the Japanese didn't like it as it got replaced with an inferior Japanese version after a few episodes. I also really liked the song for the 2nd OP. I guess Sunrise was feeling the burn from producing 4 Gundam series in the span of 4 years and so this show was running on fumes from the getgo.
So I'm left with an overall opinion of meh. It wasn't really that memorable other than shitting on the UC. That said, the Gundam X and Double X is the best Gundam design, on a visual level, I've ever seen.
ib1bUNer1WDui1.jpg

Look at that magnificent stallion.

The Devil is a Part-Timer! - 05

Ha, pretty cool fight sequences. I didn't expect any kind of effort put into it. I think they managed to also integrate the comedy in a good way during.

ndvGPr9.gif

John Blade

Yup....a slightly better show over the 1st season but not much really.

The story line is the same as the last season, very generic and very forgettable as they isn't anything interesting to see here. More time travel on earth past and future but this time with Lyar who was in the 1st season but this time she is the main character you follow during the whole show from her point of view. Those characters who survive in the 1st season is back and same with those who die or disappear. Don't worry, almost all the characters you saw will die here again except for the 2 from the 1st season. Don't worry, they will come back from the death again at the end of the series......yuo.

Animation is the same as the last season, meh to bad depend if you see the 2D or 3D. Not going to win any award here.

For character development, not much to say. They is development with the main characters but most are very generic. Basically, enough to understand them but nothing special to have some sort of respect for them even when they die.

For the ending, I can't say much for the ending really. Basically, who make this show want to end in a positive tone. This is fine really but it's very forgettable and doesn't hit you at all and feel a bit cheap in some way.

Really, not worth the watch both season 1 and 2. The show is generic and when you finish both season, you kinda feel you waste your time watching it. I feel that way when finish this show but need to finish it as I own it in my collection. I guess nothing can save this show at all (not even the fan service and try to avoid for that reason as you will regret it big). Off I go for the next show which will be Samurai Champloo. Need something fun to watch....

Sailor Moon Crystal 17

This was the best of the scout gets kidnapped episodes, probably wouldn't be so bad at a weekly pace but biweekly when we know where these are going it causes them to lose their impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom