• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Good. Gooood choice.

That S1 ending copout...

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif

ibyea

Banned
Birdy the Mighty DECODE 1-5:
This is really good got damn.

Love the body sharing dynamic and the contrast between Senkawa and Birdy.

Dat action thoooooo.

Yeah, it is a great show. It was a happy accident that I found it, but man did I not regret it.

Still sounds like murder to me if someone is "ordering" it to happen. But I digress.
You're not wrong, since it is basically the same a death sentence. But in the context of historical recreation, during the Sengoku period, a leader being forced to commit suicide was a thing that happened. This is just their interpretation of such an event.

Pri Para 9

I think my guess of who this appeals to ends up being correct with ADVANCED SOCK PULLING being featured. Not that it stops this from being an entertaining show mind you. Will give props to Lala though. At least she didn't jump off a cliff after finding out the truth behind Sophie like when Lala told Nao that she's been going to Pri Para.
Fuck Nao
. Of course, hitting one frog with a hammer has led her on the path to be less reliant on her dope plums, and more on her weak constituted strength. Mirelle was fine with it as well, but she might be feeling like a second banana right now.

Aikatsu 106

I don't know if I ever said that Sumire's talent was looking good in anything, but it really is her special talent. She wears everything to perfection. Even in this episode, which was Halloween focused.

Given what Akari has done in this episode, she sort of feels like an very mini Aoi, but then again, it's not surprising to know about the legendary SENPAIS.

More importantly, I like that there's a new brand called Dreamy Crown, and that it spun off of Angely Sugar. It's rather poetic given Akari's origins, who initially went into auditions as an Ichigo clone. She almost continued more onto the path of Ichigo, but Dreamy Crown's existence allows her to continue off the path to become her own idol, rather than just someone who is obsess with Ichigo.
Her Pon Pon Crepe victory also helps.

Shin Mazinger Z 9-12

Ashura just keeps failing, would feel bad if they weren't so evil. It's good seeing Kouji getting better and moving away from his lone wolf attitude, and the continued inclusion of Boss and his gang, and making them relevant, is also nice.

Haly

Hulu tells me Birdy the Mighty DECODE Season 2 is only intended for mature audiences.

This shit seriously has a TV-MA rating.

America
cBj1LTf.png

Haly

Okay, space furries are blowing the fuck out of people now I see why it's MA.

That quality increase
goodjob.gif

wonzo

Banned
VOTOMS 29-31

votoms29.jpg

This really nailed the sense of uneasy isolation before the neverending psychological torture kicked in. poor chirico :(

Kill La Kill 05

"Clothes are manind's enemy"

What an odd way to try and justify the rampant fanservice.

Also this dude should check out me and my HBA sweater if he thinks people and clothes can't be friends.

Thoraxes

After how fun that OVA was, I crave more.
Catching up on Yurikuma Arashi. From Episode 4 and on-wards the show has been genuinely a good watch. Ikuhara has saved anime indeed.

Just finished watching Episode 6. Which was fucking awesome in it's theatrics, metaphysical pseudo-intellectual dialogue "Did you believe in love?" and solid direction.

It's best to think of the show in four chapters; three-episode per arc. I think even with some of the stuff known now, a lot of the framing of the first three episodes has changed quite a bit (symbolism aside), and we still have four more episodes to go.

It's really fucking good, and the one thing I look forward to every week.

Westlo

Wish A-1 had did one more season of Birdy :(

Shame Chiba Saeko isn't active anymore, loved her Birdy.

Nanatsu no Taizai

tl:dr;[/B] it's pretty fun and enjoyable to watch

I watched 1-16 of this over 3 days last week, it's legit good shit, Okamura's best work @ A-1 (Ao no Exorcist, World Conquest). The fan service does get toned down over the course, though no idea if that's how it is in the manga or they toned it down (or skipped it) in the anime.

Giolon

Cross Ange 22

Jesus Christ, Cross Ange. That's pretty much one of the most ass pull of all ass pulls.
But you know what? Best Maid Momoka-chan is back so whatever!
I can't even...

This reminds me of Gundam SEED when
Kira survived Aegis detonating on his face or when Mu La Flaga was retconned to have not died despite us seeing his helmet floating in space.

I just wonder now if Cross Ange will
pull some shit where they kill everyone for real at the end just to be like HAHA gotcha!

Also, Embryo is really just trying to go for the worst, most despicable "human being" of all time isn't he? But now I feel like he's trying too hard.

Glad to finally see confirmation that dragon roars can interfere w/ Humans. They had dropped no further mention of that bit where Emma went catatonic when the dragon attacking Arzenal screeched at her that I thought it was just going to be chalked up to her freaking out and never hearing about it again. It explains why Norma are used to fight the dragons, but we've still yet to hear any actual in-universe explanation as to why Norma exist (other than to use as a uniting force for Humanity to rally against). Perhaps they were created by Embryo on purpose so that he could use them to keep the Dragon threat at bay.

Cross Ange 22

If anyone thought this would be a bit more serious now that they are in the end episodes and they had more drama (like for example, me), well, he was wrong.

Have some ass slapping
it was kind of hot, I have to admit

Embryo vision of a future full of strong, intelligent women...

Also Sala is a dragonborn.

And oh god the asspull. The series has gone from unintentional comedy to somewhat good and viceversa a few times already, but this time I can't get behind the hilariously bad asspulls. For better or worse, I was finally kind of sold in the story, in their epic struggle against Embryo so I can't just shrug it off and say lol.

Not only Tusk survived, which I suspected it was a possibility given how they framed it, but also Momoka?? After the shot? the car crashing on her? the fall? the explosion? And not even a hint of explanation of how Tusk is alive, like "I had prepared an escape route and blahblah". edit: hah they reference to that in the preview!
Tusk, oh god people were right all along, he is fucking Jesus.

Meanwhile the serious part has been reserved to the secondaries

this dude is literally jesus

What I find interesting is why?
Why does Tusk need to be alive? For the romance? To be a token male figure for the male otaku in an otherwise female cast?
If that's the case, lol, the creators are then old people and they aren't connected to their public: from what I read, no one likes Tusk, apart from Ange and some characters like Vivian or Momoka, they like Hilda and Salamandine, not Tusk, even romance-wise and had an interesting "buddy" relationship. I wonder if it's an age thing and in their mindset having a homosexual relationship for the main character wasn't serious or real enough.

Koufuku Graffiti - 09

Huh, so it's been a full year now. Kirin dropping spaghetti in front of adults is amusing. While I think they're fine on their own, I wished they were with Shiina more.
It's like they're actively trying to write her out of screen time. "I wish you two could celebrate with my family, but it's too dangerous lol cya".

Deadly

Cross Ange 22
I....What? This show :lol Although I'm okay
top maid is alive
even if it's a complete ass-pull. Is it still considered that when the writers even reference to it? Ninjas.

phaze

Great Teacher Onizuka 10-11

Goddamn you show. You're supposed to make me laugh and not make feel like I've been chopping onions these past twenty minutes.

Wasn't sure about the wisdom of throwing a girl with confidence issues into a beauty peageant but I guess you can't argue with results of Onizuka's approach. Great episode.

/XX/

This doesn't explain anything! Who made this? Murata? Fanwork? Why? Etc.
It's almost certainly fanwork although I'm sure the creator probably is professional.
The creator Hikaru Komori (http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=78082) says he isn't part of the industry. Self-taught progress as an illustrator first made him reach that, it seems.

Hulu tells me Birdy the Mighty DECODE Season 2 is only intended for mature audiences.

This shit seriously has a TV-MA rating.
Do you know if those episodes available there are the 'on-air' or the "corrected" version for the digital disc release?

NeonZ

Yea I forgot about Cloud 9's position and I'll chalk him not using it in the Rebellion vs Satyricon due to how fast the battle was over. That said, the Freeden never really tried to implement the Satellite Cannon into any of their strategies. For example when they were attacking the island where the Double X is stored, using the Satellite Cannon is never brought up even when the Double X starts to use its own.
The X Divider had its Satellite Cannon dismantled in order to install the new upgrades. They'd need to remove the Divider pieces and prepare the Satellite Cannon again to use it again with the X.

He does come up with strategies but the writing makes him unnecessarily job a bit too often.

The last minute rescues from out of nowhere end up overused, especially due to that final arc, but Garrod having problems and needing to adjust likely is part of the emphasis on him not being a Newtype. Even though the series talks about Garrod being good at adaptability, he actually adapts to things often slower than past Newtype protagonists (like how Usso from Victory instantly felt natural piloting in space in spite of never having left Earth before).

Thoraxes

Cross Ange - 22

HAHAHAHAHAHAH I called all of it. Hahahahahahahaahahaha. Everything. The resolution of last episode's events, romances, plot twists, allegiances, all of it. It's glorious to behold and is entertainment at its best. I had this stupid shit eating grin on my face for that whole last sequence. Everything from how it happened, to the cheesy dialogue,
to the suicide attempt, to the sex, The Imouto crowing herself queen in a moment of getting shit on by the world, and the world all effectively becoming norma.
Even Salia's shit is hilarious.

This show is so fucking amazing. I have no idea how you can even create something like this, but it is truly a one-of-a-kind experience that must not be missed.

Cross Ange - 22

I am fucking addicted to how fucking stupid this show is. This is my crack. Holy fucking shit the creators must be trolling now.
IN THE NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW THEY EXPLAIN TUSK SWITCHED TO FIREPROOF CLOTHING JUST BEFORE THE EXPLOSION WENT OFF AND MAID HAD A SKILLET IN HER BRA THAT PROTECTED HER FROM THE BULLET. Oh and let's not forget Tusk and Ange finally fucked. Then suddenly people on the ship are thinking "Maybe if we had been a little nicer towards Salia she wouldn't have betrayed us." MEANWHILE SALIA IS GETTING A BAREASS SPANKING FROM EMBRYO-SAMA

Jarmel

Banned
Cross Ange-22

I'm calling it now
Tusk is Embryo
. Oh and the Jesus picture will have to be updated.

The sound direction during the spanking was impeccable.

Nanatsu no Taizai - 11

Oh I didn't realize Sawano was the composer of this. The tournament has been pretty enjoyable so far. It's been interesting to see most of the crews abilities, as well as some of the enemies.
I have a hunch that a certain enemy may leave them alone after all of this, or even join them, which I hope is the case. I think he'd make a good duo with Ban.

Jex

Cross Ange-22

I'm calling it now
Tusk is Embryo
. Oh and the Jesus picture will have to be updated.

The sound direction during the spanking was impeccable.

The only problem with that theory is
that it's actually kind of interesting and it would mean no more Tusk. This show honestly isn't smart enough to have that kind of twist. You have to think dumber.

The only problem with that theory is
that it's actually kind of interesting and it would mean no more Tusk. This show honestly isn't smart enough to have that kind of twist. You have to think dumber.

Yeah, I thought something like that
maybe it's a Embryo trap, he could have resurrected them and use them against her! and all this is going to be more grimdark later, but as you say, that would be interesting, we have to go -dumber-.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom