• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross Ange-22

I'm calling it now
Tusk is Embryo
. Oh and the Jesus picture will have to be updated.

The sound direction during the spanking was impeccable.

There's no way will they turn tusk into anything non-sympathetic.

The only problem with that theory is
that it's actually kind of interesting and it would mean no more Tusk. This show honestly isn't smart enough to have that kind of twist. You have to think dumber.
Smart? That's the type of ridiculous twist and poor writing that would fit right in with Cross Ange.

Maria the Virgin Witch - 09

Oh shit this was intense, especially the first 5 minutes. Shit is going down.
bXgsCll.jpg
evhjrq.gif

Cross Ange - 22

Seriously, Fukuda? You just HAD to
pull a Gundam Fucking Seed Destiny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqQD4dzVkwk
The moment I saw Tusk alive,
I knew this was going off the rails of this Crazy (Fun) Train.
I think now that Fukuda's homophobic and doesn't want Hilda or Salamandinay to win.
These ass pulls to the audience are as mean-spirited as Hilda stomping on Ange's injured shoulder in Episode 3 or 4.

Assassination Classroom Episode 8 School Trip Time/2nd Period

Everyone loves Maehara, ah and Isogai, and Karmas looks. Id want all three. Wonder why they didnt give Nagisa answer time.

I see Itona!!!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Guys, I'm a nerd. Hard sci fi nerd.

Should I watch Haruhi's infamous endless eight.

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
YES!

Cinderella girls 8

Thus, the fallen angel have proven herself as she bare her fang upon the one who watch over her. Stray sheeps watch her in awe as she show them the dark and light side of a man. How she hate tainted things that crawl from the beyond the dark abyss A being not perceived by mere mortal.

Articalys

Let's talk music (inspired by the newest set of covers by AnimeSongCollabo)

What are the best OP and ED songs from this season?
Which show this season has the best OST?

For me, OP is Death Parade (and I assure you it's not just because the band that performed the song did this), and ED is split between Shirobako and Saekano.
OST is between Yurikuma Arashi and Koufuku Graffiti.
(Of course, my guilty pleasure answers for all of the above are probably Aldnoah Zero.)

Negator

Cross Ange 22

Things that were spoken out loud while watching:

What? Why? What the fuck? Is this really happening? Is this real life? Are you kidding me? What the hell was that? HAHAHAHA

John Blade

Wondering for people out there but for Saishuu Heiki Kanojo manga, is it worth $63 dollars for the complete volume 1-7. Just saw someone is selling it and kinda want to get it as I own the anime but not yet watch it (will start watching it soon). Just an advice if it`s worth the cost...

Baalzebup

Cross Ange 22

First off... HAHAHAHAHA. The best show, bar none. The fact that they are using the next episode previews as a chance to actually call out their own shit is all kinds of awesome.

And you know what? After the whip-hime and Embryo being the dick that he is, I'm totally okay with everything. EVERYTHING!
Welcome back, best maid.
Well, I would like better animation quality and the music choices weird me out sometimes, but you can't win 'em all.

Embryo sure has some interesting views on what makes an intelligent, strong woman. Too bad that he is quite the idiot it seems, despite being some kind of a quantum being.
He can really only blame himself when most of his Ragna-Mail riders ditch his ass.

Best OP: Koufuku Graffiti with Kancolle as a close second
Best ED: Shirobako with Log Horizon as a close second
Best OST: Koufuku Graffiti: I wouldn't mind listening to this OST in the background while I read a book.

For me, OP is Death Parade (and I assure you it's not just because the band that performed the song did this), and ED is split between Shirobako and Saekano.
(Of course, my guilty pleasure answers for all of the above are probably Aldnoah Zero.)

Any video with H.J.Freak is the best.

Baalzebup

I only watched Cross Ange 22 because I need to see what is going to cause all them yuri-tears... Where is your god now?

You say this, but everyone knows that you're secretly the biggest fan of Ange X Hilda in here. That one time when you though you were alone and really went "squeee" about that one thing?.. yeah, I have it all on tape. No use denying it.

It's okay to show it when you're feeling down, Woofy.

phaze

Great Teacher Onizuka 12

Vice principal with a fetish for his Cresta, perverted PE teacher and now a mad stalker. This school sure is a home to a wide array of dysfunctional human beings. They manage to make Onizuka look sane.

Another good ep. Teshigawara's little fantasy and the subsequent wrecking of his plands at the handof Eikichi were hilarious to watch.

Mature

Hyouka - 7
The classics club visit an onsen. Oreki preserves energy. Chitanda gets curious. The cyclical purgatory of these characters persists. Not really— this was a great episode. It was the tried and true ghost story taken shape, but then you investigate closer, and the ghost was just withered flowers all along. Flowers. Chitanda is also troubled about not having a sibling for some reason (a sentiment I can't really identify with).

This show is dutifully trucking along in a sort of episodic format, and maybe its because i'm watching at such a slow pace, but the rather repetitive flow of each episode isn't spoiling my enjoyment. It could also be because I watch certain other shows where procedural is synonymous with the title, but I like to think its because the quality can carry it through its familiar ebbs and flows. Also, the sound design for this show still impresses me. Lots of love in that aspect.

Tenumi

Banned
Digimon Frontier: 7

Seriously feels like when thinking of a new digimon this episode, they just said "how about Agumon, but made of Lego?"

And thus, we had ToyAgumon this episode.

Finalow

that's a damn nice thread title.
sorry I'm a bit late.

OP = Yuri Kuma Arashi
ED = Death Parade
OST = Yuri Kuma Arashi
best joke I've read all week, right after "Goku is the best character of DBZ".

in this season Death Parade wins for both OP and ED, not even a contest.

Guys, I'm a nerd. Hard sci fi nerd.

Should I watch Haruhi's infamous endless eight.
not sure how you jumped from "sci fi nerd" to haruhi but don't, watch something else entirely.

you can tell from this thread that Cross Ange is quite popular. I'm sure that you won't be disappointed.

(。-‿-。)

Articalys

that's a damn nice thread title.
sorry I'm a bit late.

best joke I've read all week, right after "Goku is the best character of DBZ".

in this season Death Parade wins for both OP and ED, not even a contest.
The Death Parade ED is okay too, but it's only really seen its best usage twice (episodes 3 and 9). It's also a bit of a step down from that band's ED song in Barakamon, but that might be kind of an unfair comparison due to how fantastic that was.

OP: Yurikuma Arahi
ED: Shirobako
OST: Yurikuma Arashi

The music in Yurikuma has been really phenomenal, and not just the piece themselves but also how well they're used by the show.

Pri Para 10-12

They brought back the Tennis captain surprisingly. And her name is Love. So yes, quirk spotted.

Funny initially, despite being an episode in an arc resolving Sophie's issues, this feels like it was here for no reason. But then Sophie was here, inspired to move forward before getting lost in front of a business.

Usagi's assholery keeps coming out like no mans business here, granted I'm not surprised given he called Sophie useless at first.

We also had more Gap moe. And the fact that Lala and Mirelle attract strange people to them. It feels like some form of commentary here. Of course there are some blatant commentary ala Symbolism, where previous mentions of cage birds are reflected on how Sophie really feels (SHOCK), and also displayed within her Making Drama. A Drama that which, fully grew the seed of doubt in her loyal Guardians. A realization, in which they realize that Lala isn't full of shit.

At the same time, I wonder about Sophies fans. They saw her fail to get out of the cage, but didn't think of it as a failure. They thought that's how it's suppose to be. Ironically blatant, and yet it didn't even hit them about how she feels. Of course, usually we see certain people get really effected based on who an idol is projecting to, so of course Lala, Mirelle, Sophie's sister (who designed dresses) and her loyal subjects understood. But even then, it just bothers me at how they didn't notice the issue of Sophie fucking up her Making Drama.

But of course, she breaks out to announce the sequel to LIBERATION MAIDEN

Articalys

OP: Yurikuma Arahi
OST: Yurikuma Arashi

The music in Yurikuma has been really phenomenal, and not just the piece themselves but also how well they're used by the show.
It's a combination between Yukari Hashimoto being a fantastic composer and Ikuhara knowing exactly what he wants to do with the music. I think Penguindrum was like that too, and Hashimoto's OST on Sasami-san was great as well.

OP: Yuri Kuma Arashi/Death Parade
OST: Yuri Kuma Arashi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom