• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Man if only the character designs look anywhere near as awesome as the backgrounds. I wonder how much effort they put into New York City. Is it going to be actually New York City or "New York City" and they just hope nobody in Japan notices that they get 100 things wrong because they didn't bother to look them up :p

jgminto

I wish you luck with your journey but I really must insist that you remove Cross Ange and The Irregular at Magic High School from your list as you have far better shows on their to watch.
This is what happens when everyone watches crap. New peeps come in, sees everyone watching it and gets scared off anime for life. Or gets turned into somebody who enjoys smut trash like Cross Ange, a much crueler fate.

WonderzL

Banned
I've been thirsty for romance anime since I watched Nodame Cantabile three years ago, but the best I've seen since then is... CHIMERA ANTS. I really need recommendations. Anyone? pls. ;_;

edit: and I mean romance anime, probably based on shoujo or josei manga.

I've been thirsty for romance anime since I watched Nodame Cantabile three years ago, but the best I've seen since then is... CHIMERA ANTS. I really need recommendations. Anyone? pls. ;_;

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (His and Her Circumstances)

Seen it recently and pretty much my favorite anime romance. It's no completed story unfortunately and the last couple episodes have plenty production issues but it hardly even matters considering how good its up 'til then.

Directed by Anno btw.

Started the Winter ranking so the layout is available as more shows are released.

*9,233 *5 Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus [BD+DVD]
*6,592 *1 Saenai Kanojo no Sodatekata [BD+DVD]
*6,213 *2 Durarara!!x2 Shou [BD+DVD]
*1,241 *1 Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ [BD+DVD]

someanithing said:
Saekano v1 sells 5482/1110, total 6,592. Half price v1 so it’ll drop, but could be an 8k+ v1

Kamimashita s2 v1 sells 824/417, total 1,241. Only three volumes this time, at higher MSRP.

Fall Sales
someanithing said:
Shirobako v3 adds 1007 BDs, total 11,805.

Kimiuso v1 adds 1172/536, total 11,552. Even if v2+ drop by half, it’ll have a good average. And it shouldn’t be that harsh of a drop.

Next week: World Trigger and Orenchi Furo no Jijou

Source

WonderzL

Banned
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (His and Her Circumstances)

Seen it recently and pretty much my favorite anime romance. It's no completed story unfortunately and the last couple episodes have plenty production issues but it hardly even matters considering how good its up 'til then.

Directed by Anno btw.

I'm sure it's a great series, but the fact that it doesn't contain all of the story is a huge turnoff. Nodame does (even though the extra 2 volumes didn't). But yeah, I'll probably read the manga. It was officially released where I live.

Edit: Can someone explain to me why Durarara had such a drop from S1? (and the novel too)

So apparently Nagi No Asukara is getting an English dub.

I know you're asking for something based off a shoujo or josei manga, but I still think that if you're looking for a great romance anime that Eureka Seven is a must-see if you haven't seen it.

The romance in that mecha anime isn't something that's just on the side, oh no. The romance in Eureka Seven is one of the most major things in the show and it's executed brilliantly.

As for something primarily based on shoujo or josei manga, I can't exactly help you much there, sorry.

I'm sure it's a great series, but the fact that it doesn't contain all of the story is a huge turnoff. Nodame does (even though the extra 2 volumes didn't). But yeah, I'll probably read the manga. It was officially released where I live.

Am actually intending to read the manga too eventually. This anime adaption increases my opinion on Anno even more though, it's really great (fantastic direction) and worth checking out either way. It's true that it sucks that the story ends in the middle of nowhere, but before doing though, it explores romance and good old coming of age better than just about all romance anime I've seen so far. Which isn't that surprising considering that 95% of those end before the couples actually together, but yeh, it was nice to explore the actual relationship afterwards for once.

As far as Nodame Cantabile is concerned, just finished the graduation episode (13), which was great. It just kinda keeps getting slightly better and better and I hope that'll keep up.

WonderzL

Banned
Am actually intending to read the manga too eventually. This anime adaption increases my opinion on Anno even more though, it's really great (fantastic direction) and worth checking out either way. It's true that it sucks that the story ends in the middle of nowhere, but before doing though, it explores romance and good old coming of age better than just about all romance anime I've seen so far. Which isn't that surprising considering that 95% of those end before the couples actually together, but yeh, it was nice to explore the actual relationship afterwards for once.

As far as Nodame Cantabile is concerned, just finished the graduation episode (13), which was great. It just kinda keeps getting slightly better and better and I hope that'll keep up.

Nodame Cantabile is probably my favorite series. The first season is the best though. Just so good.

Tribe Cool Crew Episode 21
tumblr_nkxrkkWn431s5wiico1_500.gif

We can galaxy walk all day if we drank that soda wow.

Great basketball episode, as good as this weeks Kurobas.

This is what happens when everyone watches crap. New peeps come in, sees everyone watching it and gets scared off anime for life. Or gets turned into somebody who enjoys smut trash like Cross Ange, a much crueler fate.

Well he came to the thread after discovering and enjoying Sword Art Online... He could like Cross Ange too lol.

Yowamushi Pedal Episode 21

Ugh unbelievable, of all the silly literary tricks to use the writer resorts to this one. Easily 2015's worst writing decision in storytelling thus far. Awful, just awful.
iMYzumi was supposed to win, why are we going into this non canonical direction. Hakogaku why :(

Rhapsody

Banned
Date A Live 03

Tohka eats everything.

It's their first date and it ends with a bang. Although, not the kind of bang some of the characters in the show hoped for.

So, those flying girls and the people in the spaceship aren't part of the same group, right?

Despite my avatar, the best part of DAL is Kurumi. Oh, and Tobiichi sucks.

Syrinx

Dirty Pair OVA 1

I'm not sure why they have those minecart thingies on an isolated prison planet, but that scene was fun nonetheless.

Dirty Pair OVA 2

Classic Dirty Pair. Chasing around a terminator and causing collateral damage up the ass. Bye bye, art museum. Also catching four separate bands of criminals who all had the idea to commit crimes while dressed in costume completely by accident.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Yuri Kuma Arashi 8
This show keep getting better! And that is the sexy way. Shaba da do
From the principal revelation, that highheel clicking, "box".

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
In memory of Araragi-kun.

Lewd

Drrrrr Shou 9

Finally, animation. Mikado is joining the "blue" side sooner or later. He enjoy being in abnormal situation. I wonder how Shizuo going to resolve this. Surprise he didn't just beat all the yakuza and instead running away from them with sick parkour.

Mature

Hyouka - 10

Oreki sits down to tea (literal tea, to his surprise) with Irisu to discuss his dissatisfaction with the deductions presented for the film. Irisu gets irritated when Oreki shrugs off his reasoning saying that he's "lucky". Irisu insists that he's special which prompts Oreki to have some serious self-reflection. The following day, Oreki decides to go into school and investigate the mystery further despite being a weekend (Ibara considers his new demeanor an ill omen). After reviewing the movie, Oreki discerns that there's a seventh unseen character, and that that character is the cameraman. Content with this seemingly correct answer, Irisu congratulates Oreki and uses this idea for the film's conclusion. However, after they're done showing the film, Ibara confronts Oreki with one loose end: what did the prop master need the rope for?

Now we're talking. This was an exceptional episode and a satisfying payoff to the mystery— with a bonafide deducton show too! Had someone recommended the show to me with the emphasis on the mystery/detective angle I'd have probably watched this a lot sooner. Though, that being said, this show is a lot more than that. The characters already feel like they're progressing in a profound, but nuanced way. We saw Oreki's surprising decision to change his "motto" and a flash of Satoshi's jealousy. I'd already figured out the "twist", but seeing the specifics and how they were presented were entertaining.

Really looking forward to more!

Thoraxes

Started the Winter ranking so the layout is available as more shows are released.

*9,233 *5 Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus [BD+DVD]
*6,592 *1 Saenai Kanojo no Sodatekata [BD+DVD]
*6,213 *2 Durarara!!x2 Shou [BD+DVD]
*1,241 *1 Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ [BD+DVD]

Fall Sales

Next week: World Trigger and Orenchi Furo no Jijou

Source

Wow, I didn't know Fafner is selling that well. I thought like me and DTL were the only people watching that show.

In memory of Araragi-kun.

Glorious.

I also found this cute image floating around:

K.Sabot

Finished a shitty anime today and followed it up by powering through the entirety of a brilliant anime to forget about the first one.

Rhapsody

Banned
And I started to watch the show because of Kurumi.
I'll forgive you for this statement.

iM@S Cinderella Girls 8

A Ranko episode, and it didn't disappoint me. After the heavy episode from last time, this one was pretty amusing and funny. Hopefully after they finish up giving debuts to the rest of the girls, Ranko will get a chance in the spotlight again.

/XX/

Now we're talking. This was an exceptional episode and a satisfying payoff to the mystery— with a bonafide deducton show too! Had someone recommended the show to me with the emphasis on the mystery/detective angle I'd have probably watched this a lot sooner. Though, that being said, this show is a lot more than that. The characters already feel like they're progressing in a profound, but nuanced way.
Now that you are at it immersed and progressed along the show with a certain mentality, sure... but I think that recommending it with that angle will always be a disservice towards any potential viewer.
I'm sure that approaching it rather as a coming-of-age (of sorts) story would be a more befitting experience most of the time, specially because of that focus on Oreki's development you are starting to see more clearly now.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Episode 22:

Easily my favorite battle from this season thus far, dismayed at the result but it was to be expected. Also, yea, we are so getting another season of GBF Try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom