• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

Gundam Build Fighters Try 22

That was some of the coolest shit I've ever seen. The best super moves, shouting, bombastic music and Roaring Gundams you could ask for. But then they had to have the coolest thing in the series so far job to Yuuma's boring Lightning even though the Tryon clearly had the fight won. They tried to make it an exciting close finish but no matter how hard they try, Yuuma is still as exciting as wet bread. All that wasted potential...

Black Hat

This is what happens when everyone watches crap. New peeps come in, sees everyone watching it and gets scared off anime for life. Or gets turned into somebody who enjoys smut trash like Cross Ange, a much crueler fate.

All this Cross Ange hate makes me sad.

Talking about Cross Ange like it is a bottom of the barrel anime.

It is more like a barrel being smashed over your head, which kills you but then you end up coming back to life after a retcon.

BECAUSE WHY NOT... IT'S F***ING CROSS ANGE*

*probably don't watch Cross Ange (... yet)

/XX/

After being reminded of Hyōka by way of Mature's nice posts, I had a kick for revisiting fan-favourite pilgrim tskobaya videos on-spot at Hida-Takayama, when I noticed he also had recent ones for SHIROBAKO too:

【聖地巡礼】SHIROBAKOの舞台,浜松・調布飛行場(と武蔵境,松亭)を訪れてみた~hamamatsu airpark - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL9aE-Y4Zk4

Finalow

Wiki says three eps left.

Yoru no Yatterman 05-09

All caught up. If it wasn't for the ending to the last episode, I really would have thought this is a two cour show. There really hasn't been much progress the main plot front, outside of maybe the General Goro stuff. It was all episodic content with the bonus of bits of character development.

I think "passable" describes my feelings about the show as of now. 95 % of the humor falls completely flat for me, the mood whiplash is really jarring at times but it's still competently directed and has enough of its own charm. Couple that with my rose tinted glasses and it's enough to make truck till the very end.

Given the pervading (original Yatterman based speculation)
skull
imagery, I would be very surprised if the ending reveals won't have
Dokurobei being behind it all.
yes my bad, not sure where I read that it was 11 instead of 12. also thanks for the impressions.

After being reminded of Hyōka by way of Mature's nice posts, I had a kick for revisiting fan-favourite pilgrim tskobaya videos on-spot at Hida-Takayama, when I noticed he also had recent ones for SHIROBAKO too:

【聖地巡礼】SHIROBAKOの舞台,浜松・調布飛行場(と武蔵境,松亭)を訪れてみた~hamamatsu airpark - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL9aE-Y4Zk4

Hm... Interesting.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Exodus 1
Dat dancing CG is stuff of nightmare....
Man, the toilet must be very well maintained and clean if you can eat snack and hang around in it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'll just tell you guys ahead of time.

Spider girl best.

Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu - 22

In which Kouji Kabuto gets captured by the enemy along with Boss and his chums who decided to hitch a ride on the Pilder.

Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu - 23

Sakon finally reveals himself!
He's just a dude. A good-looking dude though. Show ships him and Shizuka so hard.

Also Nouza is soooo gonna end up fighting alongside Daiku Maryu by the end of this show.

Tenumi

Banned
Digimon Frontier: 10

So NotYamato gets a new evolution, KendoGarurumon (Garummon in Japanese version). Because, you know, the most boring, least developed character should totally get upgrades first. Yup...

Mendrox

Yuki Yuna is a Hero set 2 cover art:

kghZEW6.jpg

Goddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

'ly shit. I haven't bought many BDs yet... but this looks so pretty and YukiYuna was such a good anime. :x

Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu - 24

So in this episode everybody starts to hallucinate pink hippos out of stress.

How do they reduce this stress? Why, by holding an idol competition of course!

And by idol competition I mean talent show to decide who is best girl enough be the ship's idol. And after the talent show they hold a cleaning competition tiebreaker.

Competition is getting serious, so some of the crew members do some underground mafia deals in order to help their best girl win.

And the next episode is titled: "The crew falls to Hell! The idol is you!"

TL;DR: Pink hippo hallucinations cause the crew to hold a best girl idol competition and they're all going to Hell because of it in the next episode.

phaze

She's good at sucking.

I'm not curious anymore.

Great Teacher Onizuka 15
When staking your life on the exam goes right. Very right.

It's rather funny that there were 2 independent parties that falsified the results. 7 days of non-stop cramming all for naught. Wonder what happened in the past to the 3-4 class to make chairman go to such lengths to protect Eikichi.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
And what's with the muscle cling? Saitama's gig is that his costume is made from random shit he got at Wal-Mart. His gloves are like rubber gloves for washing dishes.

God I hate this already. Is it the Murata curse? Is never getting a good adaptation of his work the price he paid for his skills????

Mature

Now that you are at it immersed and progressed along the show with a certain mentality, sure... but I think that recommending it with that angle will always be a disservice towards any potential viewer.
I'm sure that approaching it rather as a coming-of-age (of sorts) story would be a more befitting experience most of the time, specially because of that focus on Oreki's development you are starting to see more clearly now.
I don't think there's anything wrong with selling a show in a superficial sense. Is Hyouka, at its core, a mystery genre detective story? No, but it has shades of that style, and for someone like me who enjoys that style, it's a good spring board to send me towards a show that has that and a whole lot more. Similarly, if I knew someone liked Ping Pong as a sport, I wouldn't have a problem selling them on the intense matches in the show Ping Pong even though that show is a whole lot more.

Its certainly wrong to be misleading, but I don't think up selling an aspect of a show that would cater to someone's specific interest is doing any disservice to it.

Thats not the Saitama look I know :/
Too much shading.
Huh? It looks like the overexaggerated volume covers to me.

Gundam Build Fighters Try 22

Dat Obari touch. Tryon 3 is legit one of the best things in the whole GBF series. A shame it had to be taken down by Yuuma, but the ending was neat. The problem is Yuuma only won because he's an MC. Tryon 3 is a superior machine and was completely undamaged before Yuuma MC'd it. This episode managed to show both the great and the bad about Try in a span of like 3 minutes.

And they even tried to sabotage a combination scenes. Sekai wtf I expected better of you

And we are so getting another season, there's no chance they can finish up the plotlines for the Meijin Cup and the Battle Royale they introduced this episode.

Monster Musume is getting an adaptation this July! http://otakomu.jp/archives/233613.html …

yesjacknicholson.gif

Soma (I assume this will be 26 episodes), Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa, Prison School and Monmusu all airing at the same time?

The triumph of smut is nigh. AND NOW NARAG HAS TO SEE IT

Also Spider is the best, don't listen to heathens who say otherwise as they cannot be trusted

Jarmel

Banned
I don't think there's anything wrong with selling a show in a superficial sense. Is Hyouka, at its core, a mystery genre detective story? No, but it has shades of that style, and for someone like me who enjoys that style, it's a good spring board to send me towards a show that has that and a whole lot more. Similarly, if I knew someone liked Ping Pong as a sport, I wouldn't have a problem selling them on the intense matches in the show Ping Pong even though that show is a whole lot more.

Its certainly wrong to be misleading, but I don't think up selling an aspect of a show that would cater to someone's specific interest is doing any disservice to it.

The mystery component is by far the weakest part of the show. If someone was interested in mysteries, I certainly wouldn't recommend Hyouka.

Mature

The mystery component is by far the weakest part of the show. If someone was interested in mysteries, I certainly wouldn't recommend Hyouka.
The actual question and solution of the mysteries aren't mind blowing, but the process of solving them (i.e 90% of the show thus far) are very entertaining.

The point of the mysteries is to show how awesome Oreki is.

Remember how he solved
the false money case just based on a corridor announcement?

Midonin

KanColle 10

Fubuki's remodeling is... not as drastic as Yuudachi's, but it does give her a bit of boost in morale for the coming finale. At least, I assume it's finale. With how KanColle has been making all the money, having there be a second season in the future doesn't seem that far fetched. Comparing her training montage here to the second episode shows just how far she's come. I also loved the little "Stop yelling at the moon!" moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom