• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

I'd consider myself a proud peddler of Ikuhara pills to unsuspecting innocents and I have to admit that even I found the first episode or two of Yuri Kuma Arashi just a tad bit inscrutable.

Jexhius and others I've seen on twitter carry a suspicion that the early episodes suffer from the show possibly being written as two cour but being compressed into a single cour once it went into production. I don't know if it was ever followed up on and an answer was found one way or the other though.

Was the arbiter not just lying?
When his soul "came back", they had essentially reached the Void anyways. It kinda seemed like he just tricked her.

I also wouldn't really say there's no consistency to the judging. Decim screws up sometimes because he couldn't discern the intricacies of human emotion (until recently), but the other arbiter seems like he'll take any reason to throw someone into the Void because he hates humans. It probably revolves a lot around an arbiter's subjectivity (even though it's not supposed to), which is part of the impetus for the revolution.

So basically, calling the system fucked is a massive understatement.

Omg GENOS ftw.
CAlkfOgUMAAE163.jpg:large

cajunator

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa directed by Yasutaka Yamamoto at TMS Ent. Series comp. by Kenichi Yamashita, character design Hirotaka Marufuji. http://jitsuwata.tv/

Yōko Shiragami : Yū Serizawa
Nagisa Aizawa : Inori Minase
Mikan Akemi : Reina Ueda
Shiho Shishido : Aya Uchida
Akane Kōmoto : M・A・O
Akari Kōmoto : Emi Nitta

Not sold on this one

Cute art

New original anime Classroom Crisis, original design by Kanzaki Hiro. http://www.classroom-crisis.com/

@_@ so much to keep track of
is this the character designer from Oreimo?

Death Parade - 11

Why are you shaking all of my emotions death parade ?

My emotions ! what happenned ..i can't process all of this .

This episode did something .
Goddamit, i need to sleep in order to calm down.

Vito

Banned
Rokka no Yusha TV anime Summer 2015. Staff:

Director: Takeo Takahashi
Assistant Director: Hijiri Sanpei
Series composition, screenplay: Tatsuhiko Urahata
Character designer and Chief Animation Director: Sayaka Koiso
Prop Design: Etsunobu Iwanaga
Monster Design: Tatsuya Fukushima
Color design: Hitomi Sano
Music: Michiru Oshima
Production: Passione

Tuck

Death Parade 11

And now the ED makes perfect sense.

Light Yagami doesn't look too bummed about being dead. Dude's probably thinking of a way to screw over this realm's shinigami.

There's like no consistency in the judgement made over where someone is sent.
There's absolutely no reason Harada would be sent to the void based on everything we've seen, nor was there any indication souls could be brought back from the void. Way to introduce something super important in the second to last episode.
Yeah this last bit hampered my enjoyment of the episode.
I didn't like that they were both sent to the void, neither really deserved to.

cajunator

Banned

hooray for Subaru magical cuties! Im happy to see more of this.

SOmething about the art direction looks off. Its uncomfortable. Too much StrikerS not enough A's.

What in the holy shit did I just watch? Why do I like it?

Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls episode 10

UcF2JB8.png

Is Kirari's face permanently stuck in :3?

You say that like its a bad thing!

Cornbread78

So I've gotten to episode 9 of Saekano now and it's been pretty funny so far. Any recommendations for similar Anime. I don't have premium Crunchy, so now I have to wait on Log Horizon and Saekano, uggh.

I'm going to start Accel World next week, but another funny one like Saekano would be great.

Narag

So I've gotten to episode 9 of Saekano now and it's been pretty funny so far. Any recommendations for similar Anime. I don't have premium Crunchy, so now I have to wait on Log Horizon and Saekano, uggh.

I'm going to start Accel World next week, but another funny one like Saekano would be great.

Guest pass: RNB7HA3YNWB

cajunator

Banned
Better than seeing her sad.

so true *hugs Kirari

My turn!

New promo for Hello! Kin-iro Mosaic

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
This season will be much fun!

Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterun Da trailer http://a.pomf.se/slmnwv.mp4

This looks particularly pleasant and beautiful. Likely heartbreaking as well.

Rokka no Yusha coming this summer
http://rokka-anime.jp/
No surprising they ignore the LN art
PV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0udZvMp7IVE

Interesting..

Venus Project TV anime Summer 2015 Directed by Takehiro Nakayama at Nomad, screenplay by Go Zappa, character design by Yoshinari Saito

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-30853.html

Ill keep my eye on this as well.
All this pleasant cute artwork in these shows!
moe~ will conquer all

HnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngnnggggggggggggggOHMYGOD

Rokka no Yusha TV anime Summer 2015. Staff:

Director: Takeo Takahashi
Assistant Director: Hijiri Sanpei
Series composition, screenplay: Tatsuhiko Urahata
Character designer and Chief Animation Director: Sayaka Koiso
Prop Design: Etsunobu Iwanaga
Monster Design: Tatsuya Fukushima
Color design: Hitomi Sano
Music: Michiru Oshima
Production: Passione

I heard that the source material for this is really good.

Shin Mazinger Z 19-21

Well, I can't say I was expecting all of them to come back, but alright I guess. All these revelations about the past are pretty heavy, especially the bit about his dad. And, while I should have expected it thanks to the OP spoilers, transforming
into a giant fist is fucking hilarious.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
GATCHAMAN CROWDS insight coming this July, that's fast
Hope TV episode 12 won't happen again lol

http://animeanime.jp/article/2015/03/21/22426.html
Was that the finale episode? I must have been the only one who didn't really have a problem with it as it aired. lol

On one, more obvious level, the show is clearly interested in saying something about the perception of homosexuality in Japan, with the bears serving as a metaphor for the alternately cute (yuri) and threatening (real lyfe) ways in which culture views them depending on circumstance, while the Judgemens (THE MENS) are tasked with judging lesbianism on whether it is suitably sexy and cool. This is why there's a stock yandere and a pervy opening and copious references to lilies, an otherwise unremarkable flower, but there's obviously gonna have to be some elaboration and expansion on this point over the course of twelve episodes. I will give it time to, ah, bloom as I sit over here trying to figure out what bullets and birds and spiral stairs (!!) are supposed to mean.
Having just watched the Glee finale and being reminded of how you can write gay characters and gay parables badly, I'm still not sure I find Yuri Kuma Arashi all that better in terms of addressing queer subjectivity. It all just feels as trite as Sakura Trick, which I hope is not what Ikuhara et al were going for.

Will Overlord anime seems will be good
Coming this summer

http://overlord-anime.com/

The story begins with Yggdrasil, a popular online game which is quietly shut down on its last day. Our protagonist Momonga decided to stay until the last moment in his beloved game and wait for the force logout. Unexpectedly, the server did not shut down and Momonga is stuck in his skeleton body and got transferred to another world. "The powerful Overlord" now needs to discover a new world and face continuous challenges.

Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary man strives to take over the new world the game has become.
Utterly fascinating.

Heh, Shirobako and Death Parade were fucking phenomenal this week. Thinking that these two finish next week makes me so depressed. I don't know where Death Parade will go from the last episode, if it would be possible or not, but I would be all for a Shirobako sequel.

fertygo

Death Parade - 11

Damn the Chiaki's sequence was masterful.. its so smooth directing wise, her motivation didn't make any sense though.. between this eps and eps 9, this show surely put most memorable episode beside Shirobako for this season.

I wish I'm not spoiled for the ending part :( but its seem
Judging for the sake of judging that going on for the arbiter still stand true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom